Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Yeah, I created two temporary testing accounts and both joined fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Apparently it wouldn't let my other account sign into the server because i had the installed version of discord open and signed in? I don't know. Code is hard.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

That would do it; doesn't know which account to sign in with I imagine.

I'd remove your discord link so nobody gets confused which to join.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 12, 2017

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

If anyone has trouble with the OP link, try this one:

https://discordapp.com/invite/xS7vJXW

Meallan
Feb 3, 2017
So where do you guys think the new Tokyo lair is going to be? That closed off city top right in the map?

I hope it is.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Meallan posted:

So where do you guys think the new Tokyo lair is going to be? That closed off city top right in the map?

I hope it is.
That's what they said, yeah.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Hmm yeah the Discord link should never expire. xS7vJXW is still showing as active. Sorry if typing !authme sends you into a fit of rage, but we have to add the bot to be on the goon discord network.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Any tips on building a Chaos Tank?

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Are fist dps builds a thing is SWL and if so what do they best pair with?

GEMorris fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 12, 2017

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Richard M Nixon posted:

Hmm yeah the Discord link should never expire. xS7vJXW is still showing as active. Sorry if typing !authme sends you into a fit of rage, but we have to add the bot to be on the goon discord network.

Of course it doesn't expire. Discord is loving awful and you are dumb to not give the rights to invite to channel out to anyone but yourself.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Drinkfist posted:

Of course it doesn't expire. Discord is loving awful and you are dumb to not give the rights to invite to channel out to anyone but yourself.

Also there was this exchange

quote:

Nukes - Today at 3:25 AM
its ok im here now too also all the discord chat has given me luck and I got a weapon fusion catalyst out of today's bag

Yawk - Today at 3:25 AM
There we are.

Nukes - Today at 3:25 AM
(I wasn't the one having discord problems)

Yawk - Today at 3:25 AM
(I know)
(wait you said you couldn't)

Nukes - Today at 3:26 AM
I tried the invite to this one weeks ago and it said expired so I didnt bother trying again til just now when it was posted

Yawk - Today at 3:26 AM
It's literally the same one

Nukes - Today at 3:26 AM
I don't run multiple clients or anything so idk

Yawk - Today at 3:26 AM
unless...
who posted the one you tried

Nukes - Today at 3:27 AM
you

Yawk - Today at 3:27 AM
The other one
That failed

Nukes - Today at 3:27 AM
whatever is in the thread
the op

Yawk - Today at 3:27 AM
Huh.
It's... the same one...
:psyduck:
I am so confused.

Nukes - Today at 3:29 AM
ghost in the discord

Yawk - Today at 3:30 AM
I wonder...
https://discordapp.com/invite/xS7vJXW

So there was something wrong

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Remember when goon voice channels were mysterious, exclusive and highly desirable places to be?

Yeah that was a few years back.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

DancingShade posted:

Remember when goon voice channels were mysterious, exclusive and highly desirable places to be?

Yeah that was a few years back.

Good god I was just trying to talk to the people in the lair group Platbeard went and invited me to. Apparently asking goons to join CTS mumble is too much and I need to get into what all the cool kids are using nowadays which is IRC+Voice chat with horrible audio and extremely buggy interface. Gone are the days when I could just join a server, that was too loving convenient. Its gotta be invites with cross platform logins where the thing can't decide if it wants a client or to run in the browser.

Discord is garbage.

With mumble you just join the loving server. Its too loving easy. And you can understand everyone's voice because the goddam codec isn't poo poo. Goon CTS Mumble was made for this exact poo poo. 200 slots that someone else pays for to talk about trash games we play.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well you see Discord looks slightly prettier by default therefore it's better for everything.

Also what's a codec, etc.

*thinks microchips come in salt & vinegar and BBQ flavor*

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Discord is fairly easy to use, consolidates alot of functions and doesn't take up that many resources. Aside from Telegram/WhatsApp, it's the only thing in use between alot of my contacts.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kokoro Wish posted:

Discord is fairly easy to use, consolidates alot of functions and doesn't take up that many resources. Aside from Telegram/WhatsApp, it's the only thing in use between alot of my contacts.

It doesn't matter what people use except when they lock it down to the point of worthlessness out of some kind of paranoia.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Mumble was vastly superior, I agree. And more entertaining in a sense that goons werent shy to voice chat in general channel. Discord feels like a step backwards.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Discord has a jillion channels you never use plus two or three you use like say an IRC channel 15 or so years ago. It's loving garbage is what I'm saying.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Has anyone else had the issue of the login rewards windows not popping up? I rebooted, did the reloadui command and I'm still not getting the Event rewards window or the daily login rewards window showing up. Anyone have any ideas on what else I could try since if I have to file a petition, it's likely not going to get handled in time for the event box to the end of the event.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Drinkfist posted:

Good god I was just trying to talk to the people in the lair group Platbeard went and invited me to. Apparently asking goons to join CTS mumble is too much and I need to get into what all the cool kids are using nowadays which is IRC+Voice chat with horrible audio and extremely buggy interface. Gone are the days when I could just join a server, that was too loving convenient. Its gotta be invites with cross platform logins where the thing can't decide if it wants a client or to run in the browser.

Discord is garbage.

With mumble you just join the loving server. Its too loving easy. And you can understand everyone's voice because the goddam codec isn't poo poo. Goon CTS Mumble was made for this exact poo poo. 200 slots that someone else pays for to talk about trash games we play.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

Has anyone else had the issue of the login rewards windows not popping up? I rebooted, did the reloadui command and I'm still not getting the Event rewards window or the daily login rewards window showing up. Anyone have any ideas on what else I could try since if I have to file a petition, it's likely not going to get handled in time for the event box to the end of the event.

Can't you just click on the gift box top left

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Discord is overwhelmingly the most popular choice among the people I game with. It's nice to have all of my chat across all games consolidated into one program. The players I game with who insist on some other program are split between Mumble, Ventrilo, and TeamSpeak and constantly bitch at each other and their other teammates trying to gain converts.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kessel posted:

I had the daily reward not show up one day (I think I had started playing before the "new day" officially started), and I had to click the gift-box icon to get the reward. It worked for me.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So no one knows how to use Chaos, I guess.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I sure don't. It was one of my initial weapon picks for tanking but I found it way easier to use shotgun or hammer so I dropped it. I think it could use a boost.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Use chaos attacks and reap the benefits of paradox fun

Nf3
Oct 9, 2012
So, how is the combat? Is mage a fun combat class?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nf3 posted:

So, how is the combat? Is mage a fun combat class?

Magus is the elemental/chaos one, right? They're not bad. I think I got all the way to 50 like that, and enjoyed it a lot more than an elementalism-based build in TSW.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Combat is pretty much the same except now you may have an annoying weapon gimmick to deal with. Ele is one of the less annoying ones though and can do a fuckton of damage if done right.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Kessel posted:

Clicked that and the login rewards in the menu first, even checked the delivered items thing too just in case before I did the reboot and reloadui. Not sure what happened but I ended up knocking out some Windows updates while browsing to see what others tried that had the same problem and after my reboot from the updates, everything popped up fine. :iiam:

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

M_Sinistrari posted:

Clicked that and the login rewards in the menu first, even checked the delivered items thing too just in case before I did the reboot and reloadui. Not sure what happened but I ended up knocking out some Windows updates while browsing to see what others tried that had the same problem and after my reboot from the updates, everything popped up fine. :iiam:

I'm glad it worked out.

Does the UI in this game still run on Flash

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Kessel posted:

I'm glad it worked out.

Does the UI in this game still run on Flash

I think so since it looks like the majority of the TSW mods work fine with SWL.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

I am using chaos but yes, I don't know how to use it. I just spam Distortion and Pandemonium when its off cooldown. The main upside of Chaos is that you don't have to pay attention to your GUI, it happens when it happens. There are engmas I guess but IDGAF. There are AOE attacks but they all feel so weak against everything that I only use the hate generating one on very rare occasions when I happen to be tanking in dungeons.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Pistol question: When using Unload+Holdout you have a 33% chance to not spin your chambers if you already have a match BUT the glowing color of the match still falls off the UI when the timer is up even if it does not spin the match away. You're still getting the damage bonus by keeping the chambers frozen that way, right?

Maybe this is obvious but I don't want to take it for granted. It's a little confusing with how it stops glowing.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Space Skeleton posted:

Pistol question: When using Unload+Holdout you have a 33% chance to not spin your chambers if you already have a match BUT the glowing color of the match still falls off the UI when the timer is up even if it does not spin the match away. You're still getting the damage bonus by keeping the chambers frozen that way, right?

Maybe this is obvious but I don't want to take it for granted. It's a little confusing with how it stops glowing.

So long as you pressed the button to use the pistol power before the chambers were no longer matched you're good and still get the damage bonus.

That's what some guy from funcom said somewhere (I forget where) and my experience (no parser) seems to generally support it.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

DancingShade posted:

So long as you pressed the button to use the pistol power before the chambers were no longer matched you're good and still get the damage bonus.

That's what some guy from funcom said somewhere (I forget where) and my experience (no parser) seems to generally support it.

Okay, good. Using Unload+Holdout I've seen chambers stay matched for a pretty drat long time. Had it go for 4 uses of Unload beyond the original match timer a bunch of times but not having it glow was troubling me.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I've actually taken to pistol quite well myself, though I do the goofy thing of using only the AoE powers and no roulette rigging skills because I like the randomness and I remembered hearing that AoE powers get some sort of inherent crit bonus.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

DancingShade posted:

Apparently it works like that for unload (skill damage calculated once and then just applied multiple times over) but not for things like All In (where different stages of the skill have different damage amounts and therefore different calculations)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Kessel posted:

Apparently it works like that for unload (skill damage calculated once and then just applied multiple times over) but not for things like All In (where different stages of the skill have different damage amounts and therefore different calculations)

Ah. I pretty much just use unload and the group heal + cleanse as support for my chaos focused build so I never took note of the pistol ultimates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Kessel posted:

That makes All In significantly less compelling for a build trying to maximize matches if I understand correctly. I guess Trick Shot's guaranteed Expose probably makes up for the lost ability damage anyway.