Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

twice burned ice posted:

530ish

I'll give it a try on T10, although I suspect I'll need to up my gold find significantly to get to 50m

Obvious, but make sure you're maxing your paragon GF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
I got it. T10 did the trick.

Thanks for the advice, all.

Now I just need to find a group to do a T10 rift in under 2 minutes.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

To be honest the boss kills in under 20 minutes is easier.

It's almost trivial with 4 competent people, but not difficult with only 2. I did it with one other player and we had about 3 minutes to spare.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

Floppychop posted:

To be honest the boss kills in under 20 minutes is easier.

It's almost trivial with 4 competent people, but not difficult with only 2. I did it with one other player and we had about 3 minutes to spare.

I assume you split them?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

twice burned ice posted:

I assume you split them?

You do if you go with 4 people. Basically 2 runners and 2 people clear the bosses. Then once done you switch.

If you only have 2 people doing it you use the town portal and teleporting trick and both clear all the bosses.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What? Everyone needs to be present for the boss kill, you can't split them up, unless you mean something else.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Bust Rodd posted:

What? Everyone needs to be present for the boss kill, you can't split them up, unless you mean something else.

He's saying you would do the run twice, to guarantee each pair of players will get it done fast enough. It could be a useful strategy if you don't have four characters with massive movespeed buffs.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Floppychop posted:

You do if you go with 4 people. Basically 2 runners and 2 people clear the bosses. Then once done you switch.

If you only have 2 people doing it you use the town portal and teleporting trick and both clear all the bosses.

You can do the second option with four people as well and not have to do it all twice. It's the only way I've ever done it; I don't think I'd want to do it several times, but I could see how making each run a bit faster can work out.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Did 4 man boss run with some great dudes yesterday. First time running it for myself and one other. Shits insanely easy and actually rather fun.

Thanks to a helpful gune in LLJK, I finally got past the 5min rift and snagged a stash tab. Feels good. Kinda sick of the time attack mode getting soo much focus.

First primal. Sunwukos shoulders. Decently stated but mulched all the same. Need those souls.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

How rare is the furnace? I haven't seen a single one in over 160 hours of play time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cube two handed maces on an int character and it'll show up pretty fast

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

twice burned ice posted:

How rare is the furnace? I haven't seen a single one in over 160 hours of play time.

It depends on your class. DH don't have 2h maces in their loot tables, so they may never see it, whereas Wiz has a higher chance than the other classes (according to the stats sites that show items per class).

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
I did the boss rush by myself because I didn't know that you could group for it.. but I got it done on the first shot so that was pretty cool.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
My advice for boss rush is save A2 for last. Invariably the person in A5 gets bogged down in the poo poo map design and the faster player can stack a tp from their act plus a straight run to one of the A2 bosses. The A5 runner makes a tp then you just do the A2 boss first since that person already has a tp up for a different boss.

Did it that way with 3 people and we had something like close to 8ish minutes to spare.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is a queue to log into Diablo 3. :stare:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It looks like Blizz is gettin DDOS'ed.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

It looks like Blizz is gettin DDOS'ed.

There is a queue for Overwatch as well, so you might be right. I was getting a lot of unplayable lag too.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

How does the Bonezonewizard hold up to Necro in D2? Do you get like 2 skeletons and one awful elemental or can you have a literal horde of minions?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Michaellaneous posted:

How does the Bonezonewizard hold up to Necro in D2? Do you get like 2 skeletons and one awful elemental or can you have a literal horde of minions?

You get seven permanent skeletons, a golem (not that any serious builds use a golem that I know of) and skeleton mages, of which you can have quite a few but they only last a matter of seconds.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
With a good rathma build you will end up having the max of ten mages fairly often, as long as you have the ring which doubles the spawn. Its been my favored build for greater rifts and it really does feel like a summoning class.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

It feels even more summon-ish as you level. Before you have jesseths you spend a lot of time with your skeletons not focusing one thing, so it's a lot of you standing behind a crowd of minions and keeping the front line cursed. Really fun

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I can't get enough of this lazy bonestorm build. Just running by things and watching them melt in my wake is hilarious.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Dross posted:

I can't get enough of this lazy bonestorm build. Just running by things and watching them melt in my wake is hilarious.

Saaaaaaaame. I've got gimmick poo poo to cause even more passive damage and sometimes I curse. Just missing the krysbin's and it's elusive as gently caress.

Old schaefers and either cubed fulminator or thunderfury and wear the belt that shits lightning. So dumb and fun.

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 13, 2017

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
can i get a boneless necromancer and a 2 liter kulle-aid

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

spit on my clit posted:

can i get a boneless necromancer and a 2 liter kulle-aid

We only have golitos/doriteeth and bloody dew

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Is there a reason why the damage bonus from the endless walk set won't increase the damage value on your character sheet as it increases, but other stacking damage sources like the Taeguk gem does?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Blizzard

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Do elites count as 'bosses' for the purposes of the Stricken lvl25 bonus?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Dross posted:

FOr some reason I just can't get this build to work. poo poo doesn't die and then it squishes me.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Do elites count as 'bosses' for the purposes of the Stricken lvl25 bonus?

No

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Did they make set dungeons slightly easier in the last patch or two? I cleared out all the Necro and Wizard set dungeons this afternoon and none of them really held me up that badly despite hearing some nasty stuff about Delsere's.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Enallyniv posted:

Did they make set dungeons slightly easier in the last patch or two? I cleared out all the Necro and Wizard set dungeons this afternoon and none of them really held me up that badly despite hearing some nasty stuff about Delsere's.
Monsters are visible on the minimap by default now and the time limit was expanded as well. The necro dungeons are pretty simple overall, as well.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
That makes a lot of sense. The Necro ones were really easy and the time limits on the Wizard ones seemed really generous considering the complaints I'd heard. I was running everything with pretty unoptimized / incomplete builds so I was pleasantly surprised when I got the conquest.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

FOr some reason I just can't get this build to work. poo poo doesn't die and then it squishes me.

Are your gems higher level? It seems really bad until your gems are at 50ish (or higher). Also the Blind Faith is important and ancient weapon/offhand seem to help. This is the video I watched on it https://youtu.be/uH8P62E3sjY

I haven't hit GR70 with it yet but I did clear a 66 (I think) so I'm close. For other kinds of speed runs it murders

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Fully kitted out I can get the LazyStorm/BlindFaith build to do a GR70 in about 6 minutes but it really falls apart after that but thankfully its only meant for farming. Gems need to be at 50+, you need an ancient weapon and double crit gloves with some decent jewelry helps.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
You know, one of the things I like the most about the LazyStorm build is using Bone Spirit. It's a cool-rear end spell that hits like a nuke, and it's another one of those things where it's rather disappointing that the Good Necromancer Builds are all so niche in what they use. Particularly since the skill pool is so narrow to begin with.

Bone Spirit needs some sort of interaction with Pestilence (at the very least!), Death Nova needs legendary support that isn't complete garbage, and it's a crime that CE builds top out as low as they do.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I just finished a GR70 with LazyStorm. It's good in big packs, not so hot single target (at higher levels, at least). Dying to the rift guardian is especially perilous, because it's hard/impossible to build stacks of bone armor back up after that.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

myron cope posted:

I just finished a GR70 with LazyStorm. It's good in big packs, not so hot single target (at higher levels, at least). Dying to the rift guardian is especially perilous, because it's hard/impossible to build stacks of bone armor back up after that.

This is why I run Corpse Lance with my Inarius setup. It helps a lot with RG, elites, and goblins.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

just reinstalled this for something to distract me until shadow of war comes out.

Is it cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Depends, do you like having fun?