Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I swore of this after never once getting a single booster pack during release for months but gently caress if I don't miss these big chunky dice. Is supply actually sane yet or is it still impossible to find boosters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I swore of this after never once getting a single booster pack during release for months but gently caress if I don't miss these big chunky dice. Is supply actually sane yet or is it still impossible to find boosters?

It's much better overall. The second set is kinda hard to find right now, but at least locally the first set is in stock everywhere again. No idea how the release of the third set will go.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I've finally found Awakenings to work on that set. Much better for the stock in this game.

Working on a few decks right now, thinking im going to finish up my Emo twins when I can. Buddy and I split a box and drafted the cards which was fun. I ended up with 2x Sith holocrons since he already had some.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FINALLY pulled a Sarth Vader. I still have yet to ever see that second series (I even forgot what it's called) for sale around me but I'm done with Awakenings!!! Now to try to play the game :v

Hauki
May 11, 2010

It's kinda mind boggling to me that they decided not to do any live coverage of one of their biggest tournaments to date

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Hauki posted:

It's kinda mind boggling to me that they decided not to do any live coverage of one of their biggest tournaments to date

Didn't want to shell out the $4k for an internet connection that the venue wanted, I bet.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Rumor is there's a new starter set coming soon with new versions of existing characters. Kylo got spoiled somewhere already (assuming it's actually real), :effort: to dig it up on mobile though. Also EAW in a couple weeks potentially?

Edit: oh and a new EAW spoiler just got posted too

Hauki fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 23, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kinda leads into the rumor that Awakenings is being phased out :(

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Empress Brosephine posted:

It's not a rumor, there was never any plan to keep sets in production indefinitely.

Red Hood
Feb 22, 2007

It's too late. You had your chance. And I'm just getting started.
Anyone else hear the rumor that Empire at War has a release date of Sept. 14th?

That's really soon. Maybe a surprise Force Friday pre-release event?

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Red Hood posted:

I hope not, I have baseball tickets on the first :<

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

The plan has always been 2 starters and a main set each year, with two other sets each year. So around November they should come out with two new starters and a new set which will stay in print all year like Awakenings.

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Red Hood posted:

Definitely no FF Pre-release, but September 14 is now officially confirmed - there'll be Release Kits ala SoR with three promos for the 14th too.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Daphnaie posted:

Definitely no FF Pre-release, but September 14 is now officially confirmed - there'll be Release Kits ala SoR with three promos for the 14th too.

Rad.

As far as FF, rumor was the new starter would hit then, but I'd wager it's coming later since it's supposed to be annual and the first one came out in November or whatever.

Melusine
Sep 5, 2013

Hauki posted:

Rad.

As far as FF, rumor was the new starter would hit then, but I'd wager it's coming later since it's supposed to be annual and the first one came out in November or whatever.

Yeah, FFG has a secret $30 USD product that stores could order blind that people think might be a two-player starter kit for Destiny—but the X-Wing people think it's an X-Wing product, so the reality is that we'll just have to wait until FF to find out.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Trip report: went to another store champs, and I managed to scrape out a win in some pretty close games. Took my own version of Funkar, played against a ton of vader/guard and rainbow 9. 5 rounds to the cut, then best of from top 4.

I had one bad loss in Swiss to a vader/guard where I just could not roll damage out, kept getting hit with discard on top of Vader's ability etc. I think I lost in round 7 or 8 having done a grand total of like, 6 damage all game, most of that from unkar after the redeploy. Another really close game vs. phasma/guavian/trooper that went to time. Unkar hit harder than phasma after time was called, won on the difference of 1 hp. Not much to note on the other Swiss games. Semis, I played the same vader/guard I lost to earlier and trounced him 2-0. I had a pretty lucky roll-in with rocket launcher game two for exact lethal. I think I'd been playing too conservatively against him earlier, and it showed here.

Finals was vs rainbow 9 again, with three very close games. I flat out should've won the first game, but I kept missing my salvage stand triggers and that directly and immediately let him pay for a last ditch FN'ed flamethrower 4/1r side when I had lethal on the board. Game two I tried to take pretty methodically, got a salvage stand and inspection out right away and ground him down over time, came down to FN vs FN the last round, but I had more health & better upgrades in place. Game three was closer than it should've been, I tried to take the same tact as game two when I needed to be more aggressive. Literally came down to my 2hp trooper with 2x Z6, vibroknife vs his 4? hp stacked FN last round. I took an early claim previous round in order to roll in first which cost me an extra damage, but I didn't think I could afford to act second. In any case I laid out a pile of damage on the table after the roll-in, he overwrote with a Z6 on his action, missed the first roll and hit on the second, but wasn't able to resolve before me.

Good games in any case, and I got a sweet custom wooden deck box on top of the FFG prize support. Looking forward to a meta shakeup though, even if I haven't been playing that long to begin with.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
It's sad that we don't know what this Force Friday thing is. Stores bought it and want people to show up, but they can't advertise it. People are speculating it's a Destiny two player set or a secret prerelease, but it's tomorrow and we know gently caress-all, right?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dont even know if i want to bother going for just another starter set. kinda wnna get rid of my cards and just play digitally which is sacriligeous lol

Hauki
May 11, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

It's sad that we don't know what this Force Friday thing is. Stores bought it and want people to show up, but they can't advertise it. People are speculating it's a Destiny two player set or a secret prerelease, but it's tomorrow and we know gently caress-all, right?

Yeah, it's kinda mind boggling to me. I can't imagine blind preordering as a retailer without even knowing like, what the gently caress product line something belongs to. It's like someone wanted to try and build hype but didn't actually think about the implications of their marketing stunt for more than two seconds.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Hauki posted:

Yeah, it's kinda mind boggling to me. I can't imagine blind preordering as a retailer without even knowing like, what the gently caress product line something belongs to. It's like someone wanted to try and build hype but didn't actually think about the implications of their marketing stunt for more than two seconds.

It's even more mind boggling that it comes out on a Friday. People have plans on Fridays, any hype is going to be cut down by people not waiting around to see if Force Friday is worth attending. At least we'll know what it is tomorrow morning when retailers get it and crack it open and post it on social media.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

It's even more mind boggling that it comes out on a Friday. People have plans on Fridays, any hype is going to be cut down by people not waiting around to see if Force Friday is worth attending. At least we'll know what it is tomorrow morning when retailers get it and crack it open and post it on social media.

Right, given historically all of their releases have been Thursdays, which happens to be the reason my LGS scheduled destiny for Thursday nights, etc. I'll be leaving town anyway tomorrow so I guess I'll see if there's any of this hypothetical product left when I get back Tuesday.

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
There are 4 or 5 people in our group that are working from the FLGS tomorrow as a work from home day so they can knab whatever it is if it's something good. I think you are all underestimating the lengths nerds will go through to get their star wars fix.

I'm also really jealous that we have someone already out of the office tomorrow so I can't do the same thing it sounds like a blast.

Merauder
Apr 17, 2003

The North Remembers.
Welp, the top-secret 9/1 Star Wars release from FFG has been officially confirmed as a 2p Destiny box.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/31/star-wars-destiny-two-player-game/

Hopefully it helps with the hurdle of people actually getting into the game, but a regular supply of boosters is still so important. Hopefully the EAW release in a couple weeks proves plentiful.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Merauder posted:

Welp, the top-secret 9/1 Star Wars release from FFG has been officially confirmed as a 2p Destiny box.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/31/star-wars-destiny-two-player-game/

Hopefully it helps with the hurdle of people actually getting into the game, but a regular supply of boosters is still so important. Hopefully the EAW release in a couple weeks proves plentiful.

Sweet. Also bunch more EAW stuff spoiled across a variety of places today if anyone cares and isn't paying attention otherwise.
Some nifty cards in the bunch.

edit: there's some cool stuff in that starter set too

Hauki fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Sep 1, 2017

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I always feel silly when I try to read the partially obscured cards and realize I can just scroll down to see them fully. I feel like they didn't always show the full version of the partially revealed cards; they must have realized how annoying it was.

I want three of these, two for complete copies of all the cards and one to be a demo - one that hopefully works better than the original starters where the Rey deck was far superior.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

Did a casual 4 rounds of Swiss tourney at the store today, went 3-1 and placed fourth of seventeen running Dooku/Assaj. It's a nasty sort of deck, even if I feel pretty bad at running it still. Got absolutely demolished by Vader/Guard, and coulda had a much easier time vs Snap/Commando/Hired Gun had I remembered to trigger Dooku vs Planetary Uprising earlier. Did get an alt Finn, so that was cool, I guess.

I can't wait to run eVader/Magnaguard.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently Target are selling them too so might try to get one there.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Yeah, it definitely seems like the kinda thing they'd be able to push out to the bigger retailers, more so than boosters. I'm expecting Barnes and noble to stock it too since they're already carrying the game.

In other news, apparently my LGS should be getting sixty copies tomorrow, so I'm glad some people are less cynical than me.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Doing staff challenges at NOVA Open this weekend. Today ran eHera/eMaz/Rookie Pilot with some success (and it's a ton of fun). Also ran Rey/eK2SO, 7th Sister/Magnaguard/Magnaguard, and eThrawn/eUnkar (mill machine). Tomorrow we'll be playing with the two-player box too, which I actually hadn't seen in advance.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hoping a online site puts up the two player box set. Maybe even Amazon

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Hoping a online site puts up the two player box set. Maybe even Amazon

The worst thing FFG could do with this would be a one-shot deal for Force Friday, so... I'm worried that's exactly what they'll do.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Who hates money more: Nintendo or FFG?

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

pbpancho posted:

Doing staff challenges at NOVA Open this weekend. Today ran eHera/eMaz/Rookie Pilot with some success (and it's a ton of fun). Also ran Rey/eK2SO, 7th Sister/Magnaguard/Magnaguard, and eThrawn/eUnkar (mill machine). Tomorrow we'll be playing with the two-player box too, which I actually hadn't seen in advance.

nice! tell us more! I'm really looking forward to Thrawn. And trying some of the new red characters with Vader.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Lump Shaker posted:

nice! tell us more! I'm really looking forward to Thrawn. And trying some of the new red characters with Vader.

K2SO caught a number of people unaware with his ability. It's expensive to put weapons on him, but Makashi Training is an ability, and then using the new 1-cost Bestow event, I can pass a lightsaber or something from Rey to K2, readying him (once per game).

Magnaguards with a battlefield that gives all your characters guardian while you control it, plus Cannon Fodder and The Best Defense. Got one of them to something like 15 damage just sucking away everything the other person could generate for the round.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Cool, so in about 3 or so months when they mark it down to 50% off maybe ill pick one up.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So with this announcement of this 2 player thing is this a bad time to have bought the Kylo and Rey starter sets? :ohdear:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So with this announcement of this 2 player thing is this a bad time to have bought the Kylo and Rey starter sets? :ohdear:
No, the cards are completely different.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Target online has em woo. Not sure if I want it or not :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You probably get good value so I don't see why you wouldn't buy it if you enjoy Destiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

There's some pretty good cards in there. I'm gonna get a couple just for phasma frankly, but I'd like to have future deck options open even if there's a bunch of duplicates in there.