Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
man who would divorce a dornish girl for what was at best a 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TCD posted:

Well it usually goes to the first born.

Jon is the first born of Rhaegar from a legitimate marriage with a noble house which certainly makes his claim more than Daenerys.

But Dany is Rheagars sister, and thead king was still alive when Rheagars died, so Dany would still be in the line of succession before Jon

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

What the gently caress dickon

what the gently caress

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kawasaki Nun posted:

But Dany is Rheagars sister, and thead king was still alive when Rheagars died, so Dany would still be in the line of succession before Jon

She's also a girl, so no she would not.

Edit: I think the most surprising thing is that in their little epilogue review thing at the end, they didn't even mention the dragon scene.

Edit2: I was for some reason thinking Jon was the king's son...as mentioned below, Raegar wasn't king.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 14, 2017

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
A brief examination of some of the Game of Thrones and ASOIAF wikis tells me that Dany would, in fact, take precedence over Jon in the line of succession.

A king's sons take precedence over daughters (so youngest son before oldest daughter), but daughters would take precedence over grandchildren.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oh cool, the 'ragtag band of misfits saves the world' storyline

Also called that poo poo

Slim Pickens posted:

He's not gonna die, bronn will pull him out, coughing up water on a river bank a safe distance away, so he can still run a sword through his sister not that sword

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

McNally posted:

A brief examination of some of the Game of Thrones and ASOIAF wikis tells me that Dany would, in fact, take precedence over Jon in the line of succession.

A king's sons take precedence over daughters (so youngest son before oldest daughter), but daughters would take precedence over grandchildren.

Succession doesn't bounce back up to Rhaegar's siblings until Rhaegar's children are wiped out. Which they were. And now they aren't.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Victor Vermis posted:

Succession doesn't bounce back up to Rhaegar's siblings until Rhaegar's children are wiped out. Which they were. And now they aren't.

Rhaegar was never king so I don't think you're right about this

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm really looking forward to the awkward Dany/Sam meeting now. "I'm sorry about what happened to your father and brother, but it was necessary." "What happened to my father and brother?" Watch, he's going to be the one to kill her with that sword he stole where every other swinging dick on two continents has failed.

Bronn continues to be just the best.

Also, if this show has any underlying theme, it's that the legitimacy of your claim is irrelevant if you don't have the stones/horsepower to back it up. I hope that the most explosive secret in the seven kingdoms just never gets mentioned again, because Sam was too wrapped up in his own bullshit to listen to his wife.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Good episode. Glad cool poo poo continues to happen. Also Littlefinger kinda owns with how not-dumb he is

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Snow Team Six

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The entirety of the story up to this point was just background for Jon Snow's RPG adventuring party.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Kawasaki Nun posted:

in primogeniture succession this doesn't matter. the sons of male heirs have priority over all females

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Kawasaki Nun posted:

:downs: I'm changing my answer. Dany would probably have the stronger claim as the daughter and sole surviving child of the king, over the grandson of the king. But Jon's claim would probably be stronger than Renly's which was basically "I'm pretty and nice!"

Dead Reckoning posted:

Also, if this show has any underlying theme, it's that the legitimacy of your claim is irrelevant if you don't have the stones/horsepower to back it up. I hope that the most explosive secret in the seven kingdoms just never gets mentioned again, because Sam was too wrapped up in his own bullshit to listen to his wife.

The best fiction has a kernal of historical influence.

Edit: :downs: again

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Aug 14, 2017

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Godholio posted:

:downs: I'm changing my answer. Dany would probably have the stronger claim as the daughter and sole surviving child of the king, over the nephew of the king. But Jon's claim would probably be stronger than Renly's which was basically "I'm pretty and nice!"

The best fiction has a kernal of historical influence.

Jon is grandson of the king.

But yeah, bitch got 3 dragons but Jon has the north which will never follow her so theyre totally gonna get it on

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Jon is grandson of the king.

But yeah, bitch got 3 dragons but Jon has the north which will never follow her so theyre totally gonna get it on

Everybody expects that. I don't think a song of ice and fire would be complete without some bedroom heat

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apparently the ending is getting some people to start playing Icewind Dale.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I can't be the only one who thought the actor playing Gendry was Christian Bale for moment.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

cowboy elvis posted:

I can't be the only one who thought the actor playing Gendry was Christian Bale for moment.

My girlfriend and I said the same thing when he showed up

Edit: The Hound telling the religious dude to shut the gently caress up is probably my favorite moment of the episode. That and Tormund asking after Brienne.

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Aug 14, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Pesticide20 posted:

My girlfriend and I said the same thing when he showed up

Edit: The Hound telling the religious dude to shut the gently caress up is probably my favorite moment of the episode. That and Tormund asking after Brienne.

I was a big fan of Gendry smashing up two crooked goldcloaks.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yea that hammer poo poo loving owns.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm not sure how but I'm actually rooting for Cersei and Jaime to survive all of this. And they were cute together when Cersei said she was pregnant.

The baby is actually the Mountains. Cersei is a freak.
Clyburn is gonna be the god-daddy.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
cleganebowl is gonna end with The Hound throwing both of them into a fire or some poo poo

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

cleganebowl is gonna end with The Hound throwing both of them into a fire or some poo poo

Sandor is now fireproof but he doesn't know it

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Gonna be hilarious when they bring the wight to King's Landing, and Qyburn is all "Psh, it's just a regular reanimated corpse. I did this a year ago, check out Ser Gregor over there."

Dingleberry posted:

The baby is actually the Mountains. Cersei is a freak.
Clyburn is gonna be the god-daddy.
Nah, the kid is Jamie's but it's going to be a club-footed dwarf, as fate finally turns its attention to making GBS threads on Ceresi.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 14, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

cowboy elvis posted:

You weren't.

Also when he pulled out the hammer at his blacksmith shop I immediately thought back to when Rob was talking about caving in a dude's breastplate with his hammer.

I can't wait till HBO does the inevitable prequel showing Robert's Rebellion. If for that scene only.

Edit: Also :lol: at Gendry poo poo talking Jon's height in the cave.

"You're slimmer."
"You're shorter."

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
While big hammers look cool real warhammers were actually small enough to be lifted and swung. immersion ruined.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Genocide Tendency posted:

You weren't.

Also when he pulled out the hammer at his blacksmith shop I immediately thought back to when Rob was talking about caving in a dude's breastplate with his hammer.

I can't wait till HBO does the inevitable prequel showing Robert's Rebellion. If for that scene only.

Edit: Also :lol: at Gendry poo poo talking Jon's height in the cave.

"You're slimmer."
"You're shorter."

I was waiting for Gendry to mention "btw I travelled with your little sister for a few years"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Same with The Hound

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
man, poor Jorah

"i love you"
"get your disease cured, i need you"
"k"

6 months later

"my disease is cured!"
"oh hey friend meet jody er I mean jon"

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Jon and the Arctic A-Team rule.

lol my first thought was The Expendables or some poo poo

lol what did he say again? Last time I saw you you were rowing?

That character/actor was probably the best this show has seen, dude knocked it out of the park

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lol what did he say again? Last time I saw you you were rowing?

"I thought you might still be rowing."

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

At least three of those dudes aren't coming back.

I kind of wonder how the zombie presentation is going to go, since Cersei already has one of her own.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Suntan Boy posted:

At least three of those dudes aren't coming back.

I kind of wonder how the zombie presentation is going to go, since Cersei already has one of her own.

They're the magnificent seven. How many of those dudes made it out?

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Two Finger posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even make that connection.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Two Finger posted:

Depends are we doing Mag 7 or Seven Samurai?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Prediction - the zombie presented will be one of the seven.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

They're all gonna die in the frozen north and come back as the new lords of the dead

Zombie Jon will shank the nights king

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Benjen gonna help catch one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Jon and Daenerys will hook up the unify the throne

quote:

japanese goblin - 07/31/2017
one last incest
i die

the tru gs know