Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

That was literally what he said

no i mean the legal wage for farm workers is already below the minimum, they already have legal access to below minimum wage labor, illegal immigrants are just better below minimum wage labor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Inescapable Duck posted:

So the farms are going to suddenly start paying those workers a legal wage, and not fire them and immediately seek out another source of below-minimum wage labour?

The average wage of a California farm worker is $15 an hour and half the population is undocumented. The number being paid under minimum wage is likely small, but those workers obviously should be paid more and there are plenty of issues beyond wages where they'd benefit from legal status.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JeffersonClay posted:

The average wage of a California farm worker is $15 an hour and half the population is undocumented. The number being paid under minimum wage is likely small, but those workers obviously should be paid more and there are plenty of issues beyond wages where they'd benefit from legal status.

America is more than California. You can't just say that one blue state is fine, therefore problem solved.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You'd think for all the subsidies that goes into keeping farms solvent (because, to be fair, farming is backbreaking, unforgiving, luck-based work) they could include some wage subsidies so workers can actually get paid something reasonable for their backbreaking labour, and adhere to modern labour laws in the process.

(Still reminded of the Archer joke about how a farmer with a barn full of weed considers it more ethical choice than taking advantage of corn subsidies, and everyone agrees)

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
It's also more ethical because the industrial farming of corn using chemical fertilizer will desertify the mid-west and hollow out the bread basket.

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

JeffersonClay posted:

I realize this thread isn't great, but seriously? Quoting averages instead of medians? Totally unsourced claims about averages? Pretending you can just brush off a concern by talking about solely California, even assuming everything you say is true and relevant? Complete speculation that a totally different stat is "likely small"? What value can you possibly think this is adding?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
You could argue JC is preparing SA by providing the eventual right wing/centrist response. :v:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

You could argue JC is preparing SA by providing the eventual right wing/centrist response. :v:

That's basically what I view this thread as, practice against debating centrists.

E: VVV Oh, don't worry, he'll be back with one article citing one study totally "proving his point."

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 14, 2017

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things
Eh, sure, but even then the proper response to that post is "Nah, that's nonsense", which doesn't really require practice.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Good faith? You're the that got caught in a lie. What was your source? Someone who got their info from Fox again?

there's my source idiot
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/896790912734420992

also, since when is repeating a claim lying? oh yeah. we're talking about yronic heroism, bad faith poster extraordinaire.

so where's your source for your claim the IWW said none of theirs were injured after they knew her name? cause the IWW GDC press release came before people knew her name, like other people had told you before...

yronic heroism posted:

For the record, the IWW general defense committee released a statement that they knew of no seriously injured or dead members, and this was released about 4pm today, well after her name was released. But by all means keep spreading misinformation, it makes this miserable thread so much better.

where's the source for this yronic? the IWW GDC released no press release to this effect as far as i can tell. which, you know, would be an actual lie on your part.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 14, 2017

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

"I heard it on twitter". Lol literally the Donald Trump sourcing method. Once more, gently caress off.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

"I heard it on twitter". Lol literally the Donald Trump sourcing method. Once more, gently caress off.

where's your source yronic? why did you lie in this thread?

apparently me sourcing a reporter on twitter is bad, but you pulling lies out of thin air is good? why don't you take your own advice, you'd be happier with your centrist friends elsewhere

Condiv fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 14, 2017

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

yronic heroism posted:

Is this all shame for knowing that you or yours would never have raised a finger if this had all happened in your town?

You must be itching to post links to articles detailing how the whole thing was just a russian operation.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

where's your source yronic? why did you lie in this thread?

No problem, because I'm not a loving liar unlike you.

check the IWWGDC facebook post from 18 hours ago. I'll wait.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Sephyr posted:

Is this all shame for knowing that you or yours would never have raised a finger if this had all happened in your town?

You must be itching to post links to articles detailing how the whole thing was just a russian operation.

Why do you love fascists like Putin?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

No problem, because I'm not a loving liar unlike you.

check the IWWGDC facebook post from 18 hours ago. I'll wait.

that doesn't say what you claimed. try again liar

IWW GDC august 12 posted:

In Charlottesville, VA today, a coalition of fascist groups held a “Unite The Right” rally, where they committed another murder. A fascist drove his car at full speed into other cars, creating a multi-vehicle weapon aimed at anti-racist protesters. Tonight, a 32 year old woman whose identity we do not yet know is dead, and many more are wounded.

IWW GDC august 13 posted:

The steering committee of the General Defense Committee voted to approve and release this brief statement last night after the fascist murder of a 32-year old woman in Charlottesville, VA, at the Unite The Right rally of fascist organizations. We now know her name, Heather Heyer, and the name of her murderer, who was apparently a member of the American Vanguard fascist group, and was photographed at the rally holding American Vanguard shields with explicitly fascist imagery on them.

neither of these say anything like you claimed. so why did you rush into the thread and lie? and project all over me? you really are a centrist :ughh:

Condiv fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 14, 2017

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

It says no IWW members were killed. That's exactly what I said. gently caress off and tell us Tulsi "let god sort em out" Gabbard is good or whatever it is you do.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

It says no IWW members were killed. That's exactly what I said. gently caress off and tell us Tulsi "let god sort em out" Gabbard is good or whatever it is you do.

so you're gonna lie right after i posted the press releases? cause it doesn't say that at all

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

that doesn't say what you claimed. try again liar

neither of these say anything like you claimed. so why did you rush into the thread and lie? and project all over me? you really are a centrist :ughh:

From 18 hrs ago, not two days ago you piece of dishonest poo poo.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

From 18 hrs ago, not two days ago you piece of dishonest poo poo.

the second one is the latest press release

edit: i found the facebook post, posted today, that you were talking about.

so, apparently i'm a liar cause...? i posted with what info I had available at the time?

Condiv fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 14, 2017

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Condiv posted:

the second one is the latest press release

edit: i found the facebook post, posted today, that you were talking about.

so, apparently i'm a liar cause...? i posted with what info I had available at the time?

thank you, mister reagan

"while my heart and best intentions say that was true..."

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

JeffersonClay posted:

The most significant way to raise labor standards for farm workers right now is amnesty and a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, which we have both unwaveringly advocated. You tried to slur her record and views here, and have been outed as a fool.

Horse poo poo, you have never unwaveringly advocated for anything aside from maintaining the status quo.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Ze Pollack posted:

thank you, mister reagan

"while my heart and best intentions say that was true..."

as i said before, i used the best information available to me at the time. the information you're citing to call me a liar was released after i made my post

it's incredibly disingenuous to claim i'm a liar from that, but that's just par for the course for you isn't it

i guess it's your way of deflecting after you tried to pretend centrists weren't being lovely during the tragedy and got proven wrong

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Condiv posted:

as i said before, i used the best information available to me at the time. the information you're citing to call me a liar was released after i made my post

it's incredibly disingenuous to claim i'm a liar from that, but that's just par for the course for you isn't it

i guess it's your way of deflecting after you tried to pretend centrists weren't being lovely during the tragedy and got proven wrong

yes, that thing that I definitely did

your habit of telling lies on the grounds that you really, really want them to be true needs some work, condiv.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Ze Pollack posted:

yes, that thing that I definitely did

your habit of telling lies on the grounds that you really, really want them to be true needs some work, condiv.

sorry, i thought i was responding to yronic. and no i didn't lie, dunno why you would claim i did based off information i didn't have at the time, and considering i had good reason to believe that she was an IWW member

the worst you can claim is that i was wrong, which i don't mind admitting. she still wasn't a centrist though

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

18 hours ago-

quote:

Please note, as of now, we have not heard of any member of the IWW or GDC who is seriously injured or dead from the attack, and we urge everyone to do everything they can to support those injured and the family of Heather usher.

Edit: now it's 19 hours ago as of this post. Any competent computer using goon could find it. So is condiv dishonest or just incompetent?

yronic heroism fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 14, 2017

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is a dumb slapfight over something we all ultimately agree on: Nazis are scum and deserve to have their poo poo pushed in.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

18 hours ago-

yeah i found it. that still doesn't show me to be a liar yronic

the best you can claim is i was wrong about her being an IWW member

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

yeah i found it. that still doesn't show me to be a liar yronic

the best you can claim is i was wrong about her being an IWW member

"I just repeated whatever Sean Hannity told me. It's not my fault he lied about Seth Rich, amirite guys?"

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Ze Pollack posted:

lmao please don't show your hand

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

"I just repeated whatever Sean Hannity told me. It's not my fault he lied about Seth Rich, amirite guys?"

ok so now you're actually lying? cause i've never quoted hannity or even listened to his show.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

ok so now you're actually lying?

Lol no that's you.

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I didn't split the hairs finely enough, "recklessly disregarded whether fake news was true and did no digging on unverified twitter claims" because it was convenient at the time.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Lol no that's you.

Oh, I'm sorry, I guess I didn't split the hairs finely enough, "recklessly disregarded whether fake news was true and did no digging on unverified twitter claims" because it was convenient at the time.

those were the best sources available at the time. what was my digging supposed to turn up? a facebook post from the future?

and where does your claim i listen to hannity come from? why would you lie to try to own me in a conversation where you've been accusing me of lying non-stop?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Hahahaha, "I didnt actually say that thing you obviously ironically put in quotes to make fun of my gullibility/disingenuousness. You lied about that, checkmate centrist scum :smuggo: "

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Hahahaha, "I didnt actually say that thing you obviously ironically put in quotes to make fun of my gullibility/disingenuousness. You lied about that, checkmate centrist scum :smuggo: "

you had me in check before you lied. you proved me wrong about her IWW membership. then you lied to gloat about it? you're an idiot

though, your claims of me being a liar were never substantiated

Condiv fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 14, 2017

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Condiv posted:

you had me in check before you lied. you proved me wrong about her IWW membership. then you lied to gloat about it? you're an idiot

If you want a corncob av you should just ask.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

If you want a corncob av you should just ask.

sad that you have money to waste on buying people avs for stupid poo poo. go ahead and buy me an av and some redtext if that'll make you happy.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

yronic heroism posted:

"recklessly disregarded whether fake news was true and did no digging on unverified twitter claims"

lol at throwing out this accusation on a comedy forum

wheres ur works cited page condiv

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

shut the gently caress up about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

R. Guyovich posted:

shut the gently caress up about this

yronic heroism is simply demonstrating that the democrats are a waste

make a new thread if u want a new topic

this thread is a suckzone honeypot to attract immoral centrists in their natural habitat

NewForumSoftware fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Aug 14, 2017

• Locked thread