Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
You might be able to talk Barry into eating it, though. Iirc he ate the ten year old hot dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Arivia posted:

Please send it to Steve1989.

This wouldn't even be the oldest food he's eaten. Nice.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

RandomPauI posted:

It's not edible anymore, they put some sort of preservatives on it. That defeats the point of foraging for wild fruitcake.

They specifically did not do anything to the fruitcake itself per the article.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Like, a brown bread crust instead of white bread. "Wheat or white" is very common American slang

Huh. Here it's "white or whole wheat" or sometimes "white or brown".

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

That pizza rules

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

looks a little underbaked

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I don't see anything wrong with that

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

ToxicFrog posted:

Huh. Here it's "white or whole wheat" or sometimes "white or brown".

"brown bread" refers to a molassesy, bran heavy bread here, exponentially more so the farther east you travel.

I also live where Wegmans started out, so "wheat" and "whole grain" can be ordered separately in most restaurants :v:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/nedroid/status/896417118283067392

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I demand pizza rules, if not for us, then for the children

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

angerbeet posted:

I demand pizza rules, if not for us, then for the children

Yes I agree.

Only 2 cooked children per pizza.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

it's like... a chocolate sinkhole

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Canned... onions... :stonklol:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

noether posted:

travel the curd and the seven wheys

everybody's lookin' for something

honestly the second pic actually looks okay. unhealthy as gently caress, but okay

When the going gets tough
And the stomach acids flow
The cold wind of conformity
Is nipping at your nose
When some trendy new atrocity
Has brought you to your knees
Come with us we'll sail the
Seas of cheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp5I7i5vu2Q&hd=1

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Is that topped with noted Canadian delicacy Hawkins Cheezies?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

It's topped with charred cat turds.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Picnic Princess posted:

Is that topped with noted Canadian delicacy Hawkins Cheezies?

do you seriously not know what a cheeto is

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I think they tried to fake a molten chocolate cake by dumping a bunch of chocolate custard in the middle of a bundt cake.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Scarodactyl posted:

They specifically did not do anything to the fruitcake itself per the article.

Oops, you're right, they did things to everything else but the fruitcake. I'd read the article earlier and remembered they did a lot of preservation but forgot that they didn't do anything to the cake proper.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Wrong thread, friend. Would (immediately feel terrible about myself and go to the gym twice a day for a couple weeks)

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Just hold this thing over my face and poke a hole in it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lutha Mahtin posted:

do you seriously not know what a cheeto is

Sorry you don't have Cheezies in your life. You're missing out.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Can confirm: Cheezies are better than Cheetos in pretty much every respect.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Arivia posted:

Ashens would poke at it. Steve would eat it.

And Ashens would just make a few snarky comments. Steve1989 would have a 20 minute video where he agonizes over it, discussing Moldavian fruit cake rations from the 18th century and end up eating it anyway, while cheerfully describing how horribly it is, how it leaves a film coating his mouth and throat, and wondering why he did it.

"Let's get that on a tray. Mkay. NICE!"

Also, did they find any tobacco rations?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Yes I agree.

Only 2 cooked children per pizza.

But only coated in mayo, decorated with loose corn, and stuffed with pineapple chunks.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Where are the raw jellybeans?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Where are the raw jellybeans?

Seriously. You should know better by now. Have you no class? No style? THAT"S FOR STEAK!

Sheesh, next thing you know, you'll be having ketchup on your well done hot dog already!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Samizdata posted:

And Ashens would just make a few snarky comments. Steve1989 would have a 20 minute video where he agonizes over it, discussing Moldavian fruit cake rations from the 18th century and end up eating it anyway, while cheerfully describing how horribly it is, how it leaves a film coating his mouth and throat, and wondering why he did it.

"Let's get that on a tray. Mkay. NICE!"

Also, did they find any tobacco rations?

Nah Ashens almost always tries stuff unless it's pretty clearly going to poison him. I'm trying to remember what he ate that was like 50 years old and caused him to violently puke almost immediately

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Picnic Princess posted:

Would.

Also, yeah, Cheezies are better than Cheetos.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

Nah Ashens almost always tries stuff unless it's pretty clearly going to poison him. I'm trying to remember what he ate that was like 50 years old and caused him to violently puke almost immediately

The thing is, Steve tries stuff frequently even if it's obviously going to poison him.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Lime Tonics posted:

would you eat it?

Fruitcake From Robert Scott Expedition Is ‘Almost’ Edible at 106 Years Old

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/world/europe/fruitcake-antarctica-scott.html

It'll be grand, fruitcake only gets better with age. Last Christmas we had a Christmas cake I that I had baked in November 2015 and it was about as delicious as a fruitcake can get. Which is not very in my opinon, but the fruitcake fans in my family thought it was amazing. Now the family rule is that I bake the Christmas cake 14 months ahead instead of the usual 2-3 months.

And none of that seeding the cake with booze shite, it only makes the top claggy. :colbert:

Pookah has a new favorite as of 12:02 on Aug 15, 2017

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Arivia posted:

The thing is, Steve tries stuff frequently even if it's obviously going to poison him.

Having just watched a few of his videos I think he might be poisoning himself on the reg anyway. Dudes got mad alcoholic hand tremors or at least something is going in there. Watching him try to cut open a German WW2 chocolate ration was concerning

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol if the DTs aren't a normal part of your life

just lol

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think that was the century egg, actually, but I also vaguely remember him making Dan/Ryan puke with something old.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

Having just watched a few of his videos I think he might be poisoning himself on the reg anyway. Dudes got mad alcoholic hand tremors or at least something is going in there. Watching him try to cut open a German WW2 chocolate ration was concerning

You try using a P-38 or whatever without wobbling. Based off of how regular Steve's videos seem to be, with a lot in a short period and then a couple weeks of gap, and how cut he is - I think he only eats rations when bulking, which makes sense with how high-intake they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Ice is food in that if you buy it from a dodgey vendor, you're going to be blowing it out your rear end later.