Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Talkc posted:

God i just love the concept of gaming as a service. Cant wait till they finalize making cars, electronics, and everything else that way.

All hail the digital age, you own nothing, have no rights as a consumer, get hosed pay up.

Yes yes, we're all very sympathetic to your unhappiness with the existence of EULAs and rudimentary IP law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
only gamers could turn a technological edge case into a cause for blood-frothing revolution

and then later, utilize this furious, holy indignation in the massive undertaking of taking a poo poo and then going to sleep

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

It's on Valve/Steam, they made it so that bundle type things are all kinds of hosed up now and you just can't gift them at all anymore.

Eh, I'd say this one's more on Overkill and how they do it. It would've been trivial to have, say, Payday 2 and the Ultimate Edition upgrade pack be two items that you could have and make the gifting possible. This was a bad move on their part that could've been avoided, but we're realistically past the point of going back.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

They could do Base Game, an All Heists pack, an All Weapon Packs pack and an All Characters pack all separately without the personalised bundles thing. Make gifting actually work, get money out of the many who don't want to pay for absolutely everything, and still have the tiniest DLC list on the page.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
I'm thinking some "market researcher" probably sat down with them and said "Hey, having 30+ DLC is probably driving people away, let's do something about that" and they buckled. Fault is on both ends of Valve and Overkill. Granted I see the logic from Overkill's side. From Valve, no clue. That just seems dumb.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

A huge list of dlc doesn't hurt the paradox strategy games much. They break the dlc into major content and minor fluff dlc so its a bit easier to see what you might actually want

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Goofballs posted:

A huge list of dlc doesn't hurt the paradox strategy games much.
please tell me you're saying this with irony

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Coolguye posted:

please tell me you're saying this with irony

not really and they're pretty popular games as that kind of game goes.

edit :To be fair its much easier to tell what's worth your time with paradox because the gameplay relevant stuff is more expensive than the fluff

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
RAID STREAM IS ALMOST READY. Around 11 minutes or so.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Goofballs posted:

not really and they're pretty popular games as that kind of game goes.

edit :To be fair its much easier to tell what's worth your time with paradox because the gameplay relevant stuff is more expensive than the fluff

ok thanks for calling out the issue with this so i didn't need to

false equivalence is bad

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

:v: "oh good I can actually get a safe now"
:smug: ukrainian job normal completed in 1:28 picking both safes
:v: "gently caress yeah safe drop"
:saddowns: sangres safe "gently caress!"
:negative: 4th chupacabra, battle worn "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I had a really bizarre bug. Overkill Goat Sim day 2 with the bridge.

The door to the bridge button just got opened, and I'm on the road shooting cops with a dragon's breath streetsweeper, and suddenly my health starts draining. I go down in a safe corner where absolutely nothing was hitting me, get revived, and still have my health tick down. Then I run inside the room flooded with gas, and i stop taking damage in the gas room.

I go outside, health drops. Go back in the cloud, no damage is taken.

The effects of tear gas were reversed and it was only affecting me. We only brought one doctor bag and dropped it at the barn, and I went into black and white and passed out on the road just before I got in the car to drive off :saddowns:

Anybody else had this experience?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
So did anyone watch that stream for Raid?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

EorayMel posted:

I had a really bizarre bug. Overkill Goat Sim day 2 with the bridge.

The door to the bridge button just got opened, and I'm on the road shooting cops with a dragon's breath streetsweeper, and suddenly my health starts draining. I go down in a safe corner where absolutely nothing was hitting me, get revived, and still have my health tick down. Then I run inside the room flooded with gas, and i stop taking damage in the gas room.

I go outside, health drops. Go back in the cloud, no damage is taken.

The effects of tear gas were reversed and it was only affecting me. We only brought one doctor bag and dropped it at the barn, and I went into black and white and passed out on the road just before I got in the car to drive off :saddowns:

Anybody else had this experience?
someone was loving with you.

Gort posted:

So did anyone watch that stream for Raid?
Some of it, I'll track down and post a rundown.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Raid teaser stuff added to the safehouse!

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
And no pre-order option despite being out sometime next month (last I heard.)

Curious seeing as Payday 2's pre-orders were mentionable due to their success. But the company has done some strange poo poo between now and then.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Console preface: goat sim is lame.

Is there a player that actually likes goat sim over any other mission. Any mission, including forest .

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Goat Sim is good with the caveat that it's miserably designed for higher difficulties.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Yardbomb posted:

Goat Sim is good with the caveat that it's miserably designed for higher difficulties.

This. Day 1 in particular is a ton of fun on playable difficulties, the holdout on Day 2 is kinda meh.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yardbomb posted:

:agreed:

Also I don't know the timing of the console releases but the map was much more playable before the One Down update.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Goat Sim is one of the worst loud heists, surpassed by Bomb Forest only because the stupid slanted map on the latter makes me dizzy.

After I got all the achievements I have never felt any interest in playing either ever again.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

So are we all moving to the raid (if the game is halfway decent)?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

So are we all moving to the raid (if the game is halfway decent)?
Probably. It's not like Payday 2 has much in the way of DLC left for the loyal members of A$S to purchase.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Goat Sim was fairly fun before the Housewarming borked things so badly. I prefer it to Brooklyn 10-10, Car Shop or Santa's Workshop.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

UnknownMercenary posted:

:agreed:

Also I don't know the timing of the console releases but the map was much more playable before the One Down update.
I feel "much more playable before the One Down update" applies to a lot of things in this game

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I wish there was some way to play all the new maps with early 2015 Payday before they really ramped up the DLC.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Bring back Brother's Keeper, IMO.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

Goat Sim was fairly fun before the Housewarming borked things so badly. I prefer it to Brooklyn 10-10, Car Shop or Santa's Workshop.

I thought I was the only one who didn't like 10-10 so much.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Brooklyn 10-10 is a map that is a great showcase of everything wrong with the current balance.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I've also gotten confirmation that Brooklyn 10-10 is much less complete than any other payday 2 map; the original plan was to remake the Red Circle Club. It looks like what we wound up with was probably just a bit from the end, or another heist hastily repurposed for the john wick storyline.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Brooklyn 10-10 is good for when you just want a quick shoot-em-up. Goat Simulator is good for when you want to find reasons to stop playing this game.

And please, no more talk of re-balancing, because they will absolutely gently caress up any serious attempt they make at it and the game will become unarguably worse than now. I'm content enough to just blow everything up with grenade launchers when I'm not playing 40k Crime Spree, which is the real challenge these days anyway.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Look, all they did to begin with was dial all the numbers up, so all they have to do now is dial the numbers back down. I don't see why we needed to wait a whole loving year for it to get done. :colbert:

Also high level Crime Spree is legitimately bad.

vv 3000something and 5000something. Both were awful.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 20, 2017

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

maybe you've been way higher than me but i like crimespree a lot past like the 250 mark. Its a slower escalation than easy mode overkill, the pubbies are going to get destroyed mayhem and we need to have it together now deathwish. And you've got the tension of it all could stop now.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

maswastaken posted:

It's as if you're all allergic to reading that second line because that's, you know, exactly the thing I loving said.

This was a while back, but i wasnt talking to you, lol

way to look tough online though!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Why is the Peacemaker's reload so lovely unless I invest ~10 points to get the 50% reload speed perk :smith:

I know the answer

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Talkc posted:

God i just love the concept of gaming as a service. Cant wait till they finalize making cars, electronics, and everything else that way.

All hail the digital age, you own nothing, have no rights as a consumer, get hosed pay up.

most commodities have literally always been this way and media has been the odd one out for not frequently having a service component

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

dogstile posted:

This was a while back, but i wasnt talking to you, lol

way to look tough online though!

Wow.

:getout:

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Look, all they did to begin with was dial all the numbers up, so all they have to do now is dial the numbers back down. I don't see why we needed to wait a whole loving year for it to get done. :colbert:

Also high level Crime Spree is legitimately bad.

vv 3000something and 5000something. Both were awful.

Regarding rebalancing: we're talking about Overkill here. They've proven repeatedly incapable of making simple and sensible changes to the game.

Regarding Crime Spree: high level sprees are about coordinated movement and finding good cover, since you can kill almost nothing. I find it fun because it's a different challenge from mowing down endless hordes of enemies on One Down and below.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

So, crashing 1½ hour into a counterfeiting mission is apparently a thing. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

SplitSoul posted:

So, crashing 1½ hour into a counterfeiting mission is apparently a thing. :suicide:

When has crashing in this game ever not been a thing?