Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

This is the best possible answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Nierbo posted:

He better fight tferg at some point.

what a weird transition it would be to go from beating floyd mayweather to fighting a 20/20 fighter named tony.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The guy in the blue shorts is on point with the McGregor challenge.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Vladimir Putin posted:

I'm beginning to think Paulie is not that smart.

I've already concluded that this whole endeavour is not smart.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Snowman_McK posted:

I've already concluded that this whole endeavour is not smart.

It's gonna make hundreds of millions.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dumb things can make money, and often do.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I agree it's not smart but Floyd needs to pay his tax bill... he's just going to have to get knocked out and in all likelyhood die.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This is the best possible answer

He simultaneously said that Connor has no shot and acknowledged that his own employment is dependent on people thinking Conor has a shot. I just don't think that is a smart thing to have done.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Mr. Nice! posted:

i don't think it's gonna make nearly as much as people had hoped it would

when will we find out what the ppv buys are?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Vladimir Putin posted:

He simultaneously said that Connor has no shot and acknowledged that his own employment is dependent on people thinking Conor has a shot. I just don't think that is a smart thing to have done.

sorry, I value stuff like entertainment and comedy coming out of this fight, not Paulie's continued career

More seriously, It doesn't really matter whether Paulie says McG can win or not, nobody was on the fence about buying waiting for Paulie's answer. I think he's probably just trolling with that comment though, since even Paulie knows that he rather obviously gave his opinion, but he can technically say he didn't. I also think it sounds a bit more biting saying it that way too.

Anyway, can't believe you guys held out on me and didn't post this video:

https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/896222116403494912

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
When posters on the Something Awful forums call your intellectual ability into question

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
McGregor has been doing UFC his entire life and is UFCs best puncher, his one weakness was going against a wrestler in Nate Diaz who got him with a choke hold on March 5, 2016, proving he isn't invincible, now he is doing a sport with no wrestling (boxing) which is all punching, which is his strength, now I'm not the biggest guy when it comes to UFC and boxing but this seems like it's in McGregor favor, once Manletweather realized they locked him in there with a big crazy Irishman he's going to crap his pants on TV in front of everyone and it will be glorious

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

sorry, I value stuff like entertainment and comedy coming out of this fight, not Paulie's continued career

More seriously, It doesn't really matter whether Paulie says McG can win or not, nobody was on the fence about buying waiting for Paulie's answer. I think he's probably just trolling with that comment though, since even Paulie knows that he rather obviously gave his opinion, but he can technically say he didn't. I also think it sounds a bit more biting saying it that way too.

Why does his camp let him do this goofy poo poo in public?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The SituAsian posted:

When posters on the Something Awful forums call your intellectual ability into question

I don't know who this boxer paulie guy is but I liked him in Beyond Thunderdome

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

DaFrugalGamer posted:

McGregor has been doing UFC his entire life and is UFCs best puncher, his one weakness was going against a wrestler in Nate Diaz who got him with a choke hold on March 5, 2016, proving he isn't invincible, now he is doing a sport with no wrestling (boxing) which is all punching, which is his strength, now I'm not the biggest guy when it comes to UFC and boxing but this seems like it's in McGregor favor, once Manletweather realized they locked him in there with a big crazy Irishman he's going to crap his pants on TV in front of everyone and it will be glorious

All true.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DaFrugalGamer posted:

source your quotes

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

source your quotes

Robin Black

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

i don't think it's gonna make nearly as much as people had hoped it would

when will we find out what the ppv buys are?

I'm also interested. I have a friend who's convinced it's going to do better than Pac/Mayweather, but that had 4 years of anticipation and was evangelised by hardcore boxing fans, which is a big deal in terms of getting people who otherwise don't give a poo poo on board.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Vladimir Putin posted:

Why does his camp let him do this goofy poo poo in public?

There's a segment of people that will buy ppv's based on the fact they're dumb enough to believe Conor might try to kick his head off during a boxing match and goofy poo poo like that feeds into it

Then again he may get his brain rattled by punches and forget not to kick Floyd in the head while on autopilot so there's that

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord
My feeling is it's pretty much just a curiosity and the "press tour" only served to expose it as the stunt it is. All fine and good, but none of the boxing/mma fans I personally know are dropping $100 to find out "lol what would happen if..."

Seriously, is anyone here gonna buy this?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

My trainer is, but he has more money than he knows what to do with, and will have a bunch of us over to watch and mock with him. I'm going to get lit as gently caress and enjoy myself, fights be damned.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Everyone here watches ufcs on 360p Russian streams that give their computer sex viruses so no but also who cares what they do.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

My feeling is it's pretty much just a curiosity and the "press tour" only served to expose it as the stunt it is. All fine and good, but none of the boxing/mma fans I personally know are dropping $100 to find out "lol what would happen if..."

It's a spectacle that everyone that I know that watches fights is super into - so definitely going to watch it with a bunch of them. It's gonna be a great time regardless of how stupid it ends up. The hype for it is crazy and that means the atmosphere is going to be really fun to be a part of.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If the Dallas Cowboys can show that you can make lots of money on TV from people tuning in to watch you lose, then so can McGregor.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

he's hoping that mayweather watches these and decides to eat giant meatball subs all day instead of training

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Dudes. Bros. The manlet is gonna lose. It's that simple.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

El Roncho posted:

(mayweather bobs and weaves his head before grinning and taking a bite out of a giant meatball sub)

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Literally everyone is going to watch this lol

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

El Roncho posted:

*ivan drago voice* you will lose

because you're the manlet

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

looks like this is a guy on the internet laughing at a two weight world champion who is a master of movement limbering up his body

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Aug 15, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Dangersim posted:

Literally everyone is going to watch this lol

It's going to do well, but I don't think it's gonna beat May/Pac.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Hobo Erotica posted:

looks like this is a guy on the internet laughing at a two weight world champion who is a master of movement limbering up his body

I can't tell what's irony-posting anymore.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Few things affect boxing ability more than being too short for any success in The Dating Scene.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

No one is going to spend money on a stupid spectacle. PPV buyers save their hard-earned dollars to watch the best pound for pound fighters in the world, like Choclatito and Mighty Mouse.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm also interested. I have a friend who's convinced it's going to do better than Pac/Mayweather, but that had 4 years of anticipation and was evangelised by hardcore boxing fans, which is a big deal in terms of getting people who otherwise don't give a poo poo on board.

I'm interested too but gonna need a source for this one

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

tesilential posted:

I'm interested too but gonna need a source for this one

I meant in the sense that hardcore boxing fans and fillipino people were happy and keen to explain to people who didn't care about boxing why this fight was great, how good each fighter was, and so on. It's a common thing in the modern media landscape. Think about how your comic book nerd friends can't wait to tell you why you should give a poo poo about Black Panther or whoever. Think about the modern political environment in America, which is pretty much 'what if someone tried to turn angry political chain emails into policy?' people, who you are connected to via the net (through facebook comments, chat rooms, dead comedy forums and so on) end up being a much more trusted and valuable source of data than any major media establishment.

Unless that wasn't what you were asking, in which case sorry.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Snowman_McK posted:

why would that be ironic

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Fat Twitter Man posted:

No one is going to spend money on a stupid spectacle. PPV buyers save their hard-earned dollars to watch the best pound for pound fighters in the world, like Choclatito and Mighty Mouse.

LOL, touche.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

everyone on planet earth is going to buy and watch it. horses will watch this. by that i mean actual horses as in the animal. they will be chewing the same mouthful of hay suiper slow for 3 hours and crowding around their stable masters window so they can see his tv, for he will also be watching it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

If we can't all have a good laugh at McGregor's attempts to take flight like a majestic bird by way of waving his noodle arms around, what good is this fight?!?

• Locked thread