Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

holy loving poo poo... that's just. wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

is that outfit what happens when a snowflake wipes at a skate park one time

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zen death robot posted:

as much as I'd love to believe this, I think the GOP will follow this rear end in a top hat into anything

Trump's only use to the GOP is getting their tax and spending cuts passed. If he can't do that the plutocrats holding the party's pursestrings will demand they get someone who can.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

triple sulk posted:

it feels so loving weird for alt right to be a mainstream term at this point when we've known about it for loving ever

kinda like knowing about pepe ten years ago

yeah i think this weekend was the point where people who don't really get internet subcultures realized that the alt-right was not just a bunch of frat boy young republicans

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Fix posted:

I was thinking that was before Trump was sworn in but that was at that Deploraball inauguration party?

Fun fact I just learned: remember the "gently caress trump" kid who set the fire in the street during the inauguration? Drew Carey's 11yo son.

oh, good point. I don't remember when it was. still, that's not a good sign. even if it was before that's, uh, not a good look, and in the military optics are everything. i got told that perception is everything enough to know that it's the appearance of loving up that really screws you.

triple sulk posted:

it feels so loving weird for alt right to be a mainstream term at this point when we've known about it for loving ever

kinda like knowing about pepe ten years ago

the internet is real life

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
wait fallon did his blackface impression of chris rock THIS YEAR??

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Blast from like last century I know but what ever happened in the aftermath of that Turkish amabassador being killed and made into modern art?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udmTfK6_aM8

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Trump shouldn't have even bothered saying anything today. It was so blatantly bullshit and a person fuckng died and he spent less time talking about her than "Mexican rapists" and everything just loving sucks :smith:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Jazerus posted:

yeah i think this weekend was the point where people who don't really get internet subcultures realized that the alt-right was not just a bunch of frat boy young republicans

the thing is, they mostly ARE frat boy young republicans. hell at least one of them was the head of his college's republican chapter. this is what frat boy young republicans are: nazis.

in fact you could say this is what most republicans in general are.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

I really viscerally dislike Jimmy Fallon. I regret posting him when he acts like a human being for once. My expectations for him were so low that when he acted like a human being I got all excited. But at his core he's still Jimmy Fallon.

Realtalk, I am impressed that he stringed sentences together which denounced nazis. Way to go, skippy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

financially racist posted:

so to make sure i'm getting this right, trump re-tweeted a dude who was at the nazi rally?

not just an alt-right superstar, but one of the pizzagate engineers and the crafty fellow that made a RAPE MELANIA sign and took it to a trump protest in order to paint the trump protestors as violent.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the thing is, they mostly ARE frat boy young republicans. hell at least one of them was the head of his college's republican chapter. this is what frat boy young republicans are: nazis.

in fact you could say this is what most republicans in general are.

you and i know that but i mean young republicans of a bygone era that many totally oblivious older folks think still applies

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Shear Modulus posted:

the mattering commences at the start of the piss tape and not a moment before

I think the piss tape will be the end of the mattering. When all else is lost, Putin will decide he no longer needs leverage over Trump and release the piss tape as one final "gently caress you America, this is who you voted for"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
God damnit I need something, anything to loving matter.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

JFairfax posted:

wait fallon did his blackface impression of chris rock THIS YEAR??

no that was an old SNL skit, boy the 90s seems like a mess sociopolitically thanks to the magnification of Trump~

he just redid the Chris Rock impression on stage there

that clip was a first for me and I could literally hear the pin drop in that room, I can't believe it :magical:

i mean drat stevie wonder's face says it all

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

Trump shouldn't have even bothered saying anything today. It was so blatantly bullshit and a person fuckng died and he spent less time talking about her than "Mexican rapists" and everything just loving sucks :smith:

actually it's extremely good because he almost immediately went on twitter and made himself look even worse by bitching about having to hit the softest of softballs in history and yet somehow expecting a gold star sticker for doing it two days later after being slaughtered by most of the country

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Lastgirl posted:

no that was an old SNL skit, boy the 90s seems like a mess sociopolitically thanks to the magnification of Trump~

he just redid the Chris Rock impression on stage there

that clip was a first for me and I could literally hear the pin drop in that room, I can't believe it :magical:

i mean drat stevie wonder's face says it all

oh I see, and yeah the reactions are painful

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's been heartwarming to see the backlash in America against the Nazi march. The violence, the torches, the screamed racial slogans, the straight up terrorist attack, it seems the public's reached a tipping point but not in the direction the marchers were hoping.

For a long time people have been mesmerized by the rise of Trump and the Alt-Right alongside him. The whole "lol nothing matters" attitude, the gallows humor, it was all sort of paralyzing. Getting outraged again is good, and hopefully the momentum stays with the protestors long enough the Nazis won't dare show their faces in public again.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/897254799841906688

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Jazerus posted:

a dude who was at the nazi rally who has been a somewhat prominent alt-right figure for months

if i was that nazi i would be furherious

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

so to make sure i'm getting this right, trump re-tweeted a dude who was at the nazi rally?

Less than a day after begrudgingly "denouncing" them.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GobiasIndustries posted:

you matter to me friend :)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

The Nastier Nate posted:

I think the piss tape will be the end of the mattering. When all else is lost, Putin will decide he no longer needs leverage over Trump and release the piss tape as one final "gently caress you America, this is who you voted for"

but you can't infuse that much additional mattering at the end of the mattering criticality event or you'll open a permanent wormhole to the suck zone

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

He's just so loving dumb.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

the 90s seems like the magnificence of Trump~

ftfy

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Dolash posted:

It's been heartwarming to see the backlash in America against the Nazi march. The violence, the torches, the screamed racial slogans, the straight up terrorist attack, it seems the public's reached a tipping point but not in the direction the marchers were hoping.

For a long time people have been mesmerized by the rise of Trump and the Alt-Right alongside him. The whole "lol nothing matters" attitude, the gallows humor, it was all sort of paralyzing. Getting outraged again is good, and hopefully the momentum stays with the protestors long enough the Nazis won't dare show their faces in public again.

people will get angry and stay angry, and then the democrats, being the democrats, will completely fail to actually use this anger in any meaningful way as we get to choose between kamala harris, cory booker and mark zuckerberg for the 2020 primaries lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Fun fact: the guy who sculpted that is the dado f New Vegas lead designer and noted goon Josh Sawyer

badass dado

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Got my first death threat from a white supremacist on twitter today! I feel so proud

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

people will get angry and stay angry, and then the democrats, being they democrats, will completely fail to actually use this anger in any meaningful way as we get to choose between kamala harris, cory booker and mark zuckerberg for the 2020 primaries lol

you forgot the fourth option

slay kween yaaas

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jim Ross :unsmith:

Addamere posted:

you matter to me friend :)

TY friend, just having a tough evening

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I come
I gently caress poo poo up
I leave

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Dolash posted:

next they just need to get pissed off about their fascist military industrial complex that murders brown people by the millions and the world will be on course to being a better place!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

They will.

In 7 more years! :smugdon: *air horn*

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

people will get angry and stay angry, and then the democrats, being the democrats, will completely fail to actually use this anger in any meaningful way as we get to choose between kamala harris, cory booker and mark zuckerberg for the 2020 primaries lol

harris is the least problematic of the three, but yeah we're all right hosed

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Gringostar posted:

harris is the least problematic of the three, but yeah we're all right hosed

they just have nobody who would actually be good, unless bernie enters and wins. or buttgieg, except he isn't well-known enough to stand a reasonable shot.

oh i forgot about the prospects of andrew mother loving cuomo potentially entering the race too lmao he would be the worst possible choice

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Posobiec is not only the Rape Melania guy he's also the guy who told Shakespeare in the Park they were all Goebbels

but it came out

YOU ARE ALL GERBILS

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Addamere posted:

Blast from like last century I know but what ever happened in the aftermath of that Turkish amabassador being killed and made into modern art?

i thinkt he dreamboat protagonist won an oscar for the performance or somthing

Dingwick
May 3, 2007

This is always the highlight of my day.

PLEASE SPEAK ENGLISH INTO MR BONES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

• Locked thread