Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

financially racist posted:

they just have nobody who would actually be good, unless bernie enters and wins. or buttgieg, except he isn't well-known enough to stand a reasonable shot.

oh i forgot about the prospects of andrew mother loving cuomo potentially entering the race too lmao he would be the worst possible choice

Did I miss some terrible news about Warren, that she's no longer an option?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

they just have nobody who would actually be good, unless bernie enters and wins. or buttgieg, except he isn't well-known enough to stand a reasonable shot.

oh i forgot about the prospects of andrew mother loving cuomo potentially entering the race too lmao he would be the worst possible choice

Nobody gave a gently caress who obama was in 05. Wait until 2018 to decide, that election is gonna be insane.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

the mattering commences at the start of the piss tape and not a moment before

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

pyrotek posted:

Got my first death threat from a white supremacist on twitter today! I feel so proud

Congrats!

Welcome to the death club. Cry havok, and boop the doges of war.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fix posted:

she has been pretty adamant over the years that she has no presidential aspirations. which is good because i like her but her charisma is just not good enough, and poo poo as it may be, that actually does matter. see: president pissbaby

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Dolash posted:

It's been heartwarming to see the backlash in America against the Nazi march. The violence, the torches, the screamed racial slogans, the straight up terrorist attack, it seems the public's reached a tipping point but not in the direction the marchers were hoping.

For a long time people have been mesmerized by the rise of Trump and the Alt-Right alongside him. The whole "lol nothing matters" attitude, the gallows humor, it was all sort of paralyzing. Getting outraged again is good, and hopefully the momentum stays with the protestors long enough the Nazis won't dare show their faces in public again.

wait until the next recession and fuel/food costs soaring. poo poo hasn't even begun to go off the rails yet

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Gringostar posted:

harris is the least problematic of the three, but yeah we're all right hosed

Maybe Zuck might actually take a stand on campaign finance, unlike Trump he actually could bankroll his entire campaign and spend only like %2 of his ridiculous fortune.

Oh god I'm defending Cuckerberg, I gotta get to the suck zone stat.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

so to make sure i'm getting this right, trump re-tweeted a dude who was at the nazi rally?

this isn't the first time he's retweeted posobiec either, iirc

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

Fun fact: the guy who sculpted that is the dado f New Vegas lead designer and noted goon Josh Sawyer

from lost?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Solarin posted:

wait until the next recession and fuel/food costs soaring. poo poo hasn't even begun to go off the rails yet

and the ever present consideration of global nuclear war~

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Fix posted:

she's flying under the radar despite giving a speech that was basically "gently caress mark penn and clintonism" at netroots nation

my theory is that centrist dems so terrified oif giving her a platform that they are just not talking about her at all, because she's good at doing the bernie thing in every speech and media appearance she does

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

the thing about the nazi marches is, I say this sincerely, america is the worst white-majority countries to do nazi marches in because the "majority" is actually really narrow, and on top of that at least half of all whites are going to side with the nonwhites instead of the nazis

that's even before you get into our deeply celebrated cultural heritage of slaughtering slavers and Nazis

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Solarin posted:

this recession needs to hit in, say, may of 2018 for maximum effect

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Listening to the Celtic Holocaust episode of hardcore history while I work tonight.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i can imagine Stevie wonder going his entire life knowing what black face is but finally getting a perfect visual of it after hearing gallons impersonation

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zikan posted:

she's flying under the radar despite giving a speech that was basically "gently caress mark penn and clintonism" at netroots nation

my theory is that centrist dems so terrified oif giving her a platform that they are just not talking about her at all, because she's good at doing the bernie thing in every speech and media appearance she does

lizzie would have won

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

franken and duckworth

problem solved

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

pyrotek posted:

Got my first death threat from a white supremacist on twitter today! I feel so proud

do you own a gun?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

triple sulk posted:

franken and duckworth

problem solved

ok i'm down with this now that you mention it

i am still on the bernie 2020 train though :bernin:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Al Franken would be a real good president

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I keep telling you guys

2020's candidate is going to be some miracle from the 2018 election, it won't be some washed up establishment figure we already know about

it's going to be Iron Stache

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Agrajag posted:

do you own a gun?

no, and not concerned

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

pyrotek posted:

no, and not concerned

please buy a gun

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

JFairfax posted:

Franken is one of the dozen or so dems I can get behind.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

JFairfax posted:

at the very least he'd fuckin infuriate trump in the debates.

oh christ i just realized, if trump is still pres in 2020 he is absolutely gonna do everything he can to not leave the presidency if he loses. it will be a fuckin shitshow.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I keep telling you guys

2020's candidate is going to be some miracle from the 2018 election, it won't be some washed up establishment figure we already know about

that would be the best timeline

we are in the worst timeline

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

the right is using the college loan thing to hillary sanders, and buttgeig would own if he wasn't so unknown

I think harris is the best neolib option

if the choice is between someone like cuomo or rahm and zuck though I would vote for zuck if suicide was somehow physically impossible

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

warren and franken give the "i'm not running for president i'm focusing on my constituents and opposing donald trump" because it looks really bad to be running for president three years before the election revs up. look to probably after the 2018 mid terms for the real denials to come imo

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
Tiffany Trump 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SKULL.GIF posted:

I keep telling you guys

yes please

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Gringostar posted:

if the choice is between someone like cuomo or rahm and zuck though I would vote for zuck if suicide was somehow physically impossible
yes haha zuck!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gringostar posted:

the right is using the college loan thing to hillary sanders, and buttgeig would own if he wasn't so unknown

I think harris is the best neolib option

if zuks running id rather kill myself

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

ironstache/buttigieg 2020

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

running warren would be a loving insanely dumb choice too for reasons i'm not gonna get into because it's late and i need to sleep soon

i'm glad tulsi gabbard also dropped off the face of the earth after people found out she's a piece of poo poo

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Agrajag posted:

please buy a gun

Maybe if I was planning to stay in the country

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Upside Potential posted:

Tiffany Trump 2018

like a bird from the ashes of the don presidency

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i will vote for trump over zuck because trump continues to provide new ways to break my brain every day while zuck just tries to monetize it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zikan posted:

warren and franken give the "i'm not running for president i'm focusing on my constituents and opposing donald trump" because it looks really bad to be running for president three years before the election revs up. look to probably after the 2018 mid terms for the real denials to come imo

warren is good and usually right but she is way too boring a speaker. this was also one of hillary's biggest problem (i mean the boring part, she was also not good and usually not right but w/e). maybe she could run as vp but i'd rather her be in congress than that.

• Locked thread