Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Hauki
May 11, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

That normally works but at this point it looks like we're out of people to kick short of kicking them the moment they log off.

Yeah, basically.

I have no idea if anyone is running other goon guilds besides the marble gyros dudes, and if they are I'm guessing they don't have a ton of donations rolling in to max out stash tabs and member slots. I don't even remember what the default number of members is, isn't it something laughably low?

If someone wanted to take the reigns and organize a second actual guild, I'm sure a bunch of other goons would appreciate it, otherwise your best bet is to keep spamming GGG with petitions for more max member slots & guild functions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

gonadic io posted:

The new Zana quest is great, it was so awful if you were on a bad streak and she just never showed up.

Thanks to being able to add a map device to my hideout straight away I didn't do the quest and did about 20 maps wondering why I never saw her. Doesn't look like she shows up in maps if you don't go and do it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Hauki posted:

I don't even remember what the default number of members is, isn't it something laughably low?

The cap is 250, which costs $22 to get to. And 26 stash slots, at $5 a pop means there's at least $150 invested in the goon guild.

Still a better investment than Groverhaus.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

gonadic io posted:

The new Zana quest is great, it was so awful if you were on a bad streak and she just never showed up.

A league or two ago I didn't see her for ages, then when she finally showed up she gave me a twinned fleet Torture Chamber of elemental weakness. Thanks.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

whypick1 posted:

The cap is 250, which costs $22 to get to. And 26 stash slots, at $5 a pop means there's at least $150 invested in the goon guild.

Still a better investment than Groverhaus.

Oh, that's much better than I thought re:cost. About what I expected on starting slots.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is there any reason they've given for member caps in guilds? I remember it being a problem like four years ago at release, and I still don't understand.

Edit: while I'm posting, I'd be interested in seeing people's vaal pact berserker builds. It's like twelve points out of the way for me at level 80 and I'm not sure how best to approach it, if at all.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 15, 2017

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Deformed Church posted:

Is there any reason they've given for member caps in guilds? I remember it being a problem like four years ago at release, and I still don't understand.

Edit: while I'm posting, I'd be interested in seeing people's vaal pact berserker builds. It's like twelve points out of the way for me at level 80 and I'm not sure how best to approach it, if at all.

Blazer posted a reddit thread asking about higher member cap on guilds. Chris(or someone else from ggg) replied saying its a limitation of the engine and that they have no plans to change it.

Also wed+life+resist ring from two pages back

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That ring was bonkers

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

funmanguy posted:

Blazer posted a reddit thread asking about higher member cap on guilds. Chris(or someone else from ggg) replied saying its a limitation of the engine and that they have no plans to change it.

You know, this isn't aobut POE specifically, but "it's a limitation of the engine" is the lamest loving excuse ever.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

We need to buy more packs for these poor developers :ohdear:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The sa and Reddit guilds are probably the only ones near the cap and they want to make people form new guilds and buy tabs etc. it seems pretty straight forward.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

funmanguy posted:

Also wed+life+resist ring from two pages back

Blazer emailed them before launch and they said they can do it but won't because they don't want to stress the servers on launch but its been like a week now so just spam them with emails honestly.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

enraged_camel posted:

You know, this isn't aobut POE specifically, but "it's a limitation of the engine" is the lamest loving excuse ever.

it's probably a data type restriction (250 being nearly 255, famous video games number cap) and trying to change something like that when it's embedded in probably a thousand different integrated systems would be a loving nightmare

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
How does one normally get one of the masters to level 3? They only seem to show up in specific acts and once I've completed it I pretty much don't go back. Am I supposed to backtrack and look for them until I do enough stuff for them to level up to 3?

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

DarkAvenger211 posted:

How does one normally get one of the masters to level 3? They only seem to show up in specific acts and once I've completed it I pretty much don't go back. Am I supposed to backtrack and look for them until I do enough stuff for them to level up to 3?

That's one option - the other is to tag along with someone on their daily mission. A higher level daily should immediately grant level 4-5 to an unlevelled master, I'd imagine.

e: also, no reason to backtrack - masters appear in certain acts or later, so any can spawn in maps/higher level areas.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Just keep going. You'll see them again in later acts, and then randomly in maps. Not every map will have them, but they're pretty common.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

masters don't only show up in their home acts

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hauki posted:

Yeah, basically.

I have no idea if anyone is running other goon guilds besides the marble gyros dudes, and if they are I'm guessing they don't have a ton of donations rolling in to max out stash tabs and member slots. I don't even remember what the default number of members is, isn't it something laughably low?

If someone wanted to take the reigns and organize a second actual guild, I'm sure a bunch of other goons would appreciate it, otherwise your best bet is to keep spamming GGG with petitions for more max member slots & guild functions.

Marble gyros sound like a horrible marvel heroes guild and if it's the same dudes I'll probably kick a few dollars their way to up the size if they aren't at cap already

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I found a white 6-link coronal leather (lvl 49). All links are green. How valuable is it?

I only ask because the vendor will give 7 jeweler's orb for it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It's not 6L if it vendors for 7 Jewelers. 6Ls vendor for a Divine.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

whypick1 posted:

It's not 6L if it vendors for 7 Jewelers. 6Ls vendor for a Divine.

Sorry, I meant six sockets. Only a few are linked.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

you just sell it for jewelers

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

enraged_camel posted:

I found a white 6-link coronal leather (lvl 49). All links are green. How valuable is it?

I only ask because the vendor will give 7 jeweler's orb for it.

To expand a bit 6s are not particularly rare and unless it is on a good base that you then alch into a great item, worth only vendoring for the 7 jewellers. 6l on the other hand tends to still hold value and can be sold from either a small chaos amount for bad bases to a large sum for amazing bases. Socket colours rarely matter when selling off 6ls though it can be helpful if they are a super specific combination (of off colours) that a build needs.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Cool, thanks for the info.

Another question: what do I do with these silver coins? Do I hoard them until higher levels, or use them for prophecies during leveling?

I'm level 56, fwiw.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
e: f;b. But I can answer your newer post:
You can save your silver coins for mapping or use them willy-nilly. With the removal of the three difficulties there's way less reason to save them, but I'm not sure you can get map related ones early on and kinda doubt you can.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

enraged_camel posted:

Cool, thanks for the info.

Another question: what do I do with these silver coins? Do I hoard them until higher levels, or use them for prophecies during leveling?

I'm level 56, fwiw.

Save them until you start mapping

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Azran posted:

I hope it is PM'ing Skyl3lazer because I really don't want to use IRC :v:

I tried that the other day and the PM didn't go through. :( I miss talking in guild chat while leveling.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a Hierophant and I saw this in the OP and I'm not sure what the +3 psuedo-five link bit means:

Hierophant: Focuses on making elemental totems more potent and allows more of them to be summoned. Also offers notable Mind over Matter boosts. +3 Psuedo-Five-Links available

Can anyone explain that +3 part to me? Thanks!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I used Silver Coins early on and the result was mostly just filling up my prophecy page with pain in the rear end prophecies to run around low level areas looking for a rare spawn. I ended up spending a bunch of extra coins just to remove them when I started mapping.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I'm a Hierophant and I saw this in the OP and I'm not sure what the +3 psuedo-five link bit means:

Hierophant: Focuses on making elemental totems more potent and allows more of them to be summoned. Also offers notable Mind over Matter boosts. +3 Psuedo-Five-Links available

Can anyone explain that +3 part to me? Thanks!

Hierophant offers up 3 total pseudo 5 links in that he boosts gems in your helm, gloves, and boots.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Trip Report.

So I finished act 10 on my Sunder Raider. I didn't play the beta on purpose and didn't watch any spoilers about the 3.0 (other than reading that there's this fire thing in Kitava's fight and it's better to avoid it).

The MVPs of the fight were CwDT - Immortal Call and Home Portal.

I didn't also play maps after Atlas of Worlds got released so was very eager to jump straight into them, ignoring the "you're resistances got hosed" message. After the first map with Zana, decided to do one more, which had a Zana mission in, in which I got down to one portal - and found that it had the Weylam's War Chest unique Strongbox. First time seeing this, so I'm like what the hell, let's do it.

Most intense fight ever, took me about 10 minutes to chip the mobs away (:bang: corrupting blood and elem damage), then about another 10 with no flask charges to kill the boss. In the end - I got rewarded with The Princess, so I'm sure that the char will die horribly, for sure today.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

dis astranagant posted:

Your profile is private. They default to that due to some old scandal.

Oh hell, fixed. Thanks

Count Uvula posted:

If you're following a tried and true passive tree from that build guide then there's no way to gently caress your character up in a way that goons can't easily repair for you by giving you gear. E.g. if you get in to the guild (which you should be able to if you talk to one of the officers on the discord or post your character name here where Rodent will see it) you'll be able to get a lifesprig just by asking and more than likely someone's spare goldrim. For bosses, if you've got sunder as your main skill: Get heavy strike, static strike, or molten strike (whichever you prefer) from the gem vendor, slot those with whatever damage boost supports you can, and go to town on any boss who doesn't have a bunch of mooks directly adjacent (in which case sunder will generally be better).

It's also fine to play sunder until you get Cloaked in Savagery and Vaal Pact, which are the two key ingredients to Dark Pacting it up. You can also just roll like 4 health flasks with increased recovery speed to deal with the health cost if you switch to DP early. Dark Pact will be good enough against bosses that you shouldn't need a single target skill, though you can supplement it with Essence Drain and Wither + Spell Totem, which are both fire and forget every 10 seconds or so.

Thanks, that makes me feel a lot more comfortable just playing and enjoying as I level. So I don't use any Int skills until I am ready to pact it up? Maybe sunder is just that good, I'm just juggernauting through levels compared to people I'm grouping with.

This is a good game. The item filter addon is amazing and between that and not having impossible elite mobs I feel like this is what Diablo III should have been...

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

The March Hare posted:

Hierophant offers up 3 total pseudo 5 links in that he boosts gems in your helm, gloves, and boots.

Oh, I gotcha. And now I realize why this sounded odd to me: it turns out I'm inquisitor, not hierophant. Whoops!

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've been fooling around with different builds but I'd like to finally kill Shaper with the least amount of effort.

What build should I be looking at to accomplish this. SR seems to be the hot flavor but I also see some people talking about Blade Vortex?

Any build links would be greatly appreciated.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
For my second character I'm thinking I wanna do some kind of totem boss killer build. Is the self-flagellation, kikazaru, soul mantle combo still worth doing?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MMF Freeway posted:

For my second character I'm thinking I wanna do some kind of totem boss killer build. Is the self-flagellation, kikazaru, soul mantle combo still worth doing?

no

bobslop is doing darkpact totems, I bet you could do SR totems

just get one of the OP skills this league and stick em on a totem

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

yeah if you're an idiot and like wasting your hard earned orbs

ancestral warchief totem, no items, final destination

AW totem: where the op skill is the totem itself

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Yeah, I've never done it myself, but facebreaker ancestral warchief berserker/chieftan seems to be the defacto boss killer. People always seem to be selling shaper kills with them in the first day or two. See them doing lab farming too. Maybe I should try making one as my next character this league.

Been enjoying DP berserker a lot for general purpose mapping though. Up to about 400 chaos. Been trying to 6L a pledge of hands, but haven't had much luck. I have already five linked and sold two of them while fishing for that 6L.

I have noticed that people seem willing to pay more than the market cost of a jeweler's touch for the 5L. You could probably make some cash touch linking popular uniques and selling the result.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

it's not as powerful as when you had unlimited self-flags but its still pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

In this Ngamahu Cyclone Build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1819239/page/1

Is there sufficient mana leech? I only see 0.4% on the tree. Is that enough?