Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/roqchams/status/897503057667252224

Sex can also be an affirmation of ideology. The world's original Fascist, Mussolini himself, had multiple lovers most of whom he was notorious for beating the poo poo out of. Esoteric reactionary nerd favorite Evola wrote several tracts about how great and spirit enriching it is to beat your sex partner.

Where does Evola say that because I only remember the parts about the enlightened Tantric adept being able to overcome the incarnate Shakti's magnetic currents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hahaha yes prester jane sure nailed it with those huge blocks of insane rambling about running out of Supply and trump's narcissistic break on camera and the hundred other things they were claiming were supposed to happen before everyone gave up reading them

Oh do go on about how wrong I was that would Trump inevitably have a narcissistic breakdown on camera :allears:

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

M_Gargantua posted:

im going to boston wearing pink purple and blue because gently caress those nazis wearing black and white

team jerseys are practicly team black/white vs. team color and pride flags

team jerseys mean better street brawls where you can tell who needs punching

I for real no poo poo want an antifa shirt that's seafoam colored, with unicorns and rainbows on it.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

good loving god.

He's now reached "Heckuva job Brownie/"Mission Accomplished" level now.

That's the mendoza line for being a poo poo president. When you've crossed that threshhold? There's uh...no going back.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hahahaha look at that one

why the long face

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Captain_Maclaine posted:

A lot of insecure douches latched onto scotch as the One Manly Liquor (sometimes allowing other whiskeys in as well) in part due to staggeringly misunderstanding the character of Don Draper in Mad Men. Among other things.

he's right in that an old fashioned is a really good drink, though

(it's because it's filled with sugar)

quote != edit

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

Where does Evola say that because I only remember the parts about the enlightened Tantric adept being able to overcome the incarnate Shakti's magnetic currents

quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Evola#Misogyny_and_Sexual_Magic

Evola held that women "played" with men, threatened their masculinity, and lured them into a "constrictive" grasp with their sexuality.[3] He wrote that "It should not be expected of women that they return to what they really are ... when men themselves retain only the semblance of true virility",[13] and lamented that "men instead of being in control of sex are controlled by it and wander about like drunkards".[12] He believed that in Tantra and in sexual magic, in which he saw a strategy for aggression, he found the means to counter the "emasculated" West.[12] According to Annalisa Merelli, Evola "went so far as to justify rape" because he saw it "as a natural expression of male desire".[13] Evola also said that the "ritual violation of virgins",[5] and "whipping women" were a means of "consciousness raising",[5] so long as these practices were done to the intensity required to produce the proper "liminal psychic climate".[5] He wrote that "as a rule, nothing stirs a man more than feeling the woman utterly exhausted beneath his own hostile rapture."[13]

I'm no Evola scholar and I'm never gonna read his trash, so I'm just gonna assume that all these wiki citations are true and leave it at that.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Eela6 posted:

he's right in that an old fashioned is a really good drink, though

(it's because it's filled with sugar)

quote != edit

Sugary drinks always give me the worst hangovers.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Qu Appelle posted:

I for real no poo poo want an antifa shirt that's seafoam colored, with unicorns and rainbows on it.

i have a design in my head. two triangles, purple on top, orange on the bottom, purple and blue boot smashing downward on the orange someone centered with the antifa arrows as speed lines and a trump evocotive hairpiece being squished

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

M_Gargantua posted:

i have a design in my head. two triangles, purple on top, orange on the bottom, purple and blue boot smashing downward on the orange someone centered with the antifa arrows as speed lines and a trump evocotive hairpiece being squished

I like the idea of a regal dappled unicorn on a field of clover and heather, holding the red and black Antifa flag, with a rainbow arcing behind them.

The shining sun will have the three arrows logo in it.

Proceeds should go to the victims and survivors of the Charlottesville attack.

Qu Appelle has issued a correction as of 21:45 on Aug 15, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/897528940570583041

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

straight denatured alcohol is the only drink for true men

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/897454381909585921

If those fuckers had any brains they'd cancel their rally.

You don't piss off Bostonians.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

sneakyfrog posted:

uh speaking of the orangehead rear end in a top hat.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/897552997227536384

Trump defending the Alt-Right more than the Alt-Righties posted in this thread.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Montasque posted:

Trump defending the Alt-Right more than the Alt-Righties posted in this thread.

Trump defending the alt-right exactly as much as centrists liberals.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

OhFunny posted:

Nobody gets tribal like the Bay State. If they show up, it'll get ug-fuckin'-lee

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
So nice to hear the words dems used to describe lefties coming out of his stupid head. god its infuriating.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

OhFunny posted:

I thought they already had? Or was it just all the headliners dropped out?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

OhFunny posted:

*puts sobbing proudboy into a headlock*

GET OUTTA HEYAH YA FUCKIN QUEEYAH

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

oh, a few dipshits will still show up. If they're not embarassingly cringworthy, a few good men will absolutely serve em up. I only hope they don't kill the nazi brats- and that's just because it's bad press.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Captain_Maclaine posted:

sounds like they're going to oakland instead :laffo:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Doomtalker posted:

oh, a few dipshits will still show up. If they're not embarassingly cringworthy, a few good men will absolutely serve em up. I only hope they don't kill the nazi brats- and that's just because it's bad press.

the police will surround and protect them, like they do at every nazi rally everywhere

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

Business Gorillas posted:

sounds like they're going to oakland instead :laffo:

I encourage this. This will work out well for them.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

people out there just figuring out trump is a white nationalist now :psyduck:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
dangit i liked it more when they were cowering beneath trumps mealy mouthed condemnation

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

sneakyfrog posted:

uh speaking of the orangehead rear end in a top hat.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/897552997227536384

mr trump...welcome to the #resistance

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Alt-Right: kek has blessed his people. the god emperor protects

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Alt-Right: kek has blessed his people. the god emperor protects

clearly as the chosen of the chaos god kek, trump would not be the god emperor :colbert:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Hodgepodge posted:

clearly as the chosen of the chaos god kek, trump would not be the god emperor :colbert:

The Imperial cultists don't know that.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Prester Jane posted:

Oh do go on about how wrong I was that would Trump inevitably have a narcissistic breakdown on camera :allears:

boy howdy do i look foolish for questioning your clear and concise predictions

Prester Jane posted:

Ermmmmm kind of. Think of Self Replicating Behavior Patterns as part of a complex and inter-acting ecosystem. Each of us probably have dozens of such patterns interacting within us and impacting the way our brains process information, and by extension how we experience reality. [i]Most[/t] of these patterns are fairly benign, and their impacts on your behavior fairly abstract and not easily described, like the Artisan pattern. Narrativism however is fairly unique as such patterns go in that it has such a distinctive impact on behavior in addition to the behaviors it produces being of such a narrow range. This is because Narrativism is at its core the brain slowly going into energy saver mode, employing Bypasses to reduce cognitive load. This results in a relatively narrow range of behaviors, which tend to occur at somewhat specific times in relation to each other. (One of the reasons I have been able to predict the behavior of Narrativists so well is because the range of behaviors they will manifest is related strongly to what level of Compaction they are currently experiencing. All I have really done is get a good feel for what level of Compaction the Clusters were broadly at and figure things out from there.)

If a virus is the smallest formation of data that permits self replication, then a meme is like a mind virus. Self Replicating Behavior Patterns from this perspective are multii-celled organisms, far more sophisticated and composed of a great deal more interacting data. Most of these organisms then are like your mouth bacteria, either neutral or having a net positive impact in some way on the host. Narrativism is not neutral and disrupts rather than helps the host. In this sense Narrativism could be considered sopmething of a pathology, whereas the Artisan pattern is actually fairly helpful.

Si when I talk about Artisans I'm not talking about some other pattern of dysfunctional behavior like I am with Narrativism, although the pattern can manifest in dysfunctional people. Lets use the example of Biff Tannon from [i]Back to the Future[/u] as our stand in for a dysfunctional douchebag. As a non-artisan you have regular old Biff Tannen, add in the Artisan pattern and you have Biff Tannen the Hipster. The Artisan pattern does not impact what sort of person Biff Tannen is, he is still a douchebag no matter what. However the Artisan pattern plays a role in how his deeper nature manifests. As a regular old douche Biff Tannen thinks he is better than you because of his muscles, as an Artisan douche Biff Tannen thinks he is better than you because he shops at Whole Foods.

Artisans do not inherently lack self awareness, nor is their behavior compelled so strongly as to become generally problematic. An Artisan is simply processing reality is a different way, and reacting to the experience that his manner of processing reality is creating. It is not inherently a positive or negative thing, but it does have a large impact on the individuals experience of themselves.

My original intent in mentioning them was not to contrast Artisans with Narrativists. (I rather think that this entire board is basically deeply infiltrated by the Artisan pattern, in fact without Artisan behavior this board really would not exist.) Rather I think that understanding how the next few years is going to play out though is going to be in many ways determined by the interaction of these two patterns, with the rare situation of Artisans and Narrativists organizing against each other. )

I will cover this in detail in part two, but generally speaking by the time the Artisans organize against a Narrativist movement seizing control of their society it is too late. (Also High Compaction Narrativists tend to view the behavior of Artisans as being suspect, which is why when Narrativists seize control of a society they tend to round up and kill all the Artisans.) In this specific situation however despite the Compaction level our Narrativists are experiencing )which would be quite enough to cause a real outbreak of violence in different circumstances) the sheer stability of American society will prevent any more than the most insane few of them from actually turning violent.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Imperial cultists don't know that.

it is ever the way of chaos cults to deceive the foolhardy with heretical lies covered in false piety #inquisition #exterminatus

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!
Meanwhile it's hard to pick just one radical faction of the inquisition...

e: i mean recongregators are obvious but clearly brotherhood with the xeno and mutants is also necessary

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
goddamn this is a bit of an awkward thread to have a 40k derail in.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!

sneakyfrog posted:

i won't let those chuds have my dumb nerd poo poo

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm no Evola scholar and I'm never gonna read his trash, so I'm just gonna assume that all these wiki citations are true and leave it at that.

https://books.google.com/books?id=zlAX8pSUHSkC&lpg=PP1&dq=Eros%20and%20the%20Mysteries%20of%20Love&pg=PA164#v=onepage&q&f=false

ehh kind of out of context there in characterizing "profane eros" to contrast with his transcendent Tantric principles (but really, people are better off reading perennial philosophers that aren't fascists)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

It's actually perfectly fitting.

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

https://books.google.com/books?id=zlAX8pSUHSkC&lpg=PP1&dq=Eros%20and%20the%20Mysteries%20of%20Love&pg=PA164#v=onepage&q&f=false

ehh kind of out of context there in characterizing "profane eros" to contrast with his transcendent Tantric principles (but really, people are better off reading perennial philosophers that aren't fascists)

I'm not exactly unconvinced that he was a degenerate sadist.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Hodgepodge posted:

i won't let those chuds have my dumb nerd poo poo

its ok brah they cant have my frog either. I had it first.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's actually perfectly fitting.

yeah but then i have a feeling we would like be the tau or something and gently caress that anime poo poo.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Prester Jane posted:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

boy howdy do i look foolish for questioning your clear and concise predictions

This is neither the time nor the place for this particular fight, fellas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

yeah but then i have a feeling we would like be the tau or something and gently caress that anime poo poo.

Well this is real life and not an overpriced miniatures game, so sign me up for the greater good.