Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

The worst heroic is Ultralisk. Shadow Assault is a far 2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
Shadow Assault is a good point, that might actually be the worst even while it does do things Void Prison doesn't. It's just hilarously bad. Ultralist is p good.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Torrasque can be the funniest thing ever, since it's so rare, even people in low plat sometimes don't quite get how to kill it.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Gustav posted:

You're not always last pick though. And if you are, Dehaka isn't an option.

True, but you're still drafting leo last pick with no entomb targets.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

BrianBoitano posted:

Torrasque can be the funniest thing ever, since it's so rare, even people in low plat sometimes don't quite get how to kill it.

It always surprises and baffles the poo poo out of me, and makes me think I'm suddenly playing Braxis.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

buff Torrasque until it's meta

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

buff Torrasque until it's a stand-alone hero

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Olaf The Stout posted:

buff Torrasque until it's a stand-alone hero

New HOTS feature: You summon Torrasque and it's actually a new Hero that joins your team. A friend gets pulled into your game on the fly to control him.

It all makes sense! :shepface:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Probably not worst, but I have literally never seen anyone take Li-Ming's non-disintegrate ult.

The Hunt is pretty bad too.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Leoric's March of the Black King is the worst heroic

Death March owns.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 16, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cuntellectual posted:

Probably not worst, but I have literally never seen anyone take Li-Ming's non-disintegrate ult.

It's kinda like Temporal Loop vs Slowing Sands - there's situations where you'd want Wave of Force, but they're narrow, whereas Disintegrate is basically universally good.

I know Khroen uses Wave quite a bit.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

Cuntellectual posted:

Wave of Force is correct a large percentage of the time. There are a lot of comps against which rooting yourself is an extremely bad idea.

Hunt is Illidan's go-to ult. Meta can be ok, but the amount of utility you get from hunt is hard to compete with.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Cuntellectual posted:

Why is everyone so wrong today? Is it opposite day or something?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Gustav posted:

Wave of Force is correct a large percentage of the time. There are a lot of comps against which rooting yourself is an extremely bad idea.

Hunt is Illidan's go-to ult. Meta can be ok, but the amount of utility you get from hunt is hard to compete with.

What? I haven't played Illidan in ages but when I last did you NEVER took it because Illidan is so squishy that a disjoint (and bonus hp) were really powerful.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

Cuntellectual posted:

What? I haven't played Illidan in ages but when I last did you NEVER took it because Illidan is so squishy that a disjoint (and bonus hp) were really powerful.

Meta hasn't gotten picked in HGC for quite a while because Hunt turns Illidan into a pseudo-global hero.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, The Hunt is a point and click stun that lets you travel pretty much across the entire drat map if you want to. And since Illidan's trait is basically Battle Momentum on steroids, you pretty much always have it ready to go when you need it.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Also, Meta is basically a skill shot dodge now.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Olaf The Stout posted:

If entomb doesnt make sense I don't take leo. Like if they can get out of the tomb, they can definitely get out of the way of march, and if you want a sustain ult take dehaka.

A Leo entombed me on Garrosh the other day and I just threw him the gently caress out of the tomb and it was p cool.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Metamorphosis meta was a long time ago.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Actually, according to Icy Veins,

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Just had my first non-garrosh game in a long time. :mediocre:

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

BrianBoitano posted:

Just had my first non-garrosh game in a long time. :mediocre:

Yeah, Garrosh is basically the most fun hero in the game now. I never want to not be playing him.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Entomb versus March is just a question of opportunity cost, as is so many other things in this game. Do you want to be able to lock down an enemy hero or heroes into the <FUN PIT>, or do you want to swing around ineffectually like a senile skellington trying to find his remote control?

i might be a little biased

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The only thing that justifies March is its level 20 upgrade where you become entirely unkillable for several seconds.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

The only thing that justifies March is its level 20 upgrade where you become entirely unkillable for several seconds.

But then you're skipping spectral leech soooo ...

Trade Chat Troll
Jan 22, 2010
Calamity build Li-Ming only clicked for me once I started taking Wave over Disintegrate. This leads to Tal Rasha in the uncommon event of a game lasting past 20 :supaburn:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Wave is great on any point control map. It's the poo poo on Braxis, but then again Braxis is poo poo.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

The worst heroic is absolutely Twin Blades of Fury and it's not even close

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I like Ultralisk sometimes if there's an annoying Li Ming or something that's been sitting just outside teamfights. The little alien baby can take her out of the entire fight.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
You guys ever forget that one of your favorite Heroes exists? Between Garrosh, new Butcher, and doing quests, it had been a pretty long time since I had played as Stukov, and let me tell you, Fetid Touch, Vigorous Reuptake, Targeted Excision and Universal Carrier is the only way to play. If you can skillshot his Pustule to hit only one enemy, you can keep your entire team at full for an entire teamfight for next to no mana, it's so stupid. I'm a Khorne guy most of the time but Papa Nurgle's always got room on his lap.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

You guys ever forget that one of your favorite Heroes exists?

I forgot that I basically mained Rehgar during preseason, but a few weeks ago I tried him again and was instantly reminded why I played him so much in the first place. He is much more about good game sense and decision making instead of mechanical skill. Also, you can turn into a spooky dog and bite people.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Man I understand logistically why they require 14 heroes at lvl 5 to play ranked but drat it is an absolute grind to get there compared to any other game with a ranked mode.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Team League has 100% no restrictions, my droog. Brand new account playing only free week heroes at level 1? Fuckin' go nuts!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's pretty fast with stim packs. I have 60 heroes at L5 with 100 hours or so played.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

BrianBoitano posted:

Team League has 100% no restrictions, my droog. Brand new account playing only free week heroes at level 1? Fuckin' go nuts!

You sure about that? IIRC new players only have access to 10 free heroes, which is not enough for a ranked draft.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

No Wave posted:

It's pretty fast with stim packs. I have 60 heroes at L5 with 100 hours or so played.

Yeah that's what I've been trying to do. Still though I can only raise 1-2 heroes to five in a night, and honestly that's only if I play more HotS than I really want to haha. I just feel like I'm more than experienced enough with the game to not be a liability in ranked but I get that they don't want people trying to play characters for the first time.

In unrelated news, trying to get entry to ranked has caused me to mess with some new characters. I have been playing a decent amount of Kael'thas, that dude seems real good but drat he's kind of tough to play. I have been taking Convection because I can't turn down late game dps but he's so vulnerable that it's really hard to complete that quest.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah that's what I've been trying to do. Still though I can only raise 1-2 heroes to five in a night, and honestly that's only if I play more HotS than I really want to haha. I just feel like I'm more than experienced enough with the game to not be a liability in ranked but I get that they don't want people trying to play characters for the first time.

In unrelated news, trying to get entry to ranked has caused me to mess with some new characters. I have been playing a decent amount of Kael'thas, that dude seems real good but drat he's kind of tough to play. I have been taking Convection because I can't turn down late game dps but he's so vulnerable that it's really hard to complete that quest.

Grubby had a recent Kael'thas game recording where he talked about how many KT players slampick Convection even though it's not a good idea most of the time and they'd be better off taking one of his other level 1 talents, which are both decent choices, instead.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Kael'thas appears to be a fire mage but his most important skill is his tornado.

He is also my lowest winrate character, at 1-9.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

Kael'thas appears to be a fire mage but his most important skill is his tornado.

He is also my lowest winrate character, at 1-9.

Energy Roil seems like an incredible talent if you're good at landing the skillshot, being able to dish out stuns on a ridiculously low cooldown is nuts, especially if your team has some other hard CC to keep the stun train rolling.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

BrianBoitano posted:

How would that work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So is there any reason why I can hear all of Garrosh grunts and screams when he is on my team and I am near him? I'm not talking about abilities, I can hear him when he's hammering away at a building when you normally just hear your teammates' weapons firing/smashing/bashing/striking. He's a chatty cathy.