Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

80's movie, ran on television all the time, thought it was Quick Change, but I just watched Quick Change and that wasn't it. A man is a robber of some sort and is being chased by the cops. Ends up driving his car into the ocean and his car sinks. They look for him and eventually assume he's dead. Then his girlfriend and I think a buddy go and mope on the beach and then he shows up -he had an oxygen tank. They all rejoice.

Bugging the heck out of me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

NeuroticErotica posted:

80's movie, ran on television all the time, thought it was Quick Change, but I just watched Quick Change and that wasn't it. A man is a robber of some sort and is being chased by the cops. Ends up driving his car into the ocean and his car sinks. They look for him and eventually assume he's dead. Then his girlfriend and I think a buddy go and mope on the beach and then he shows up -he had an oxygen tank. They all rejoice.

Bugging the heck out of me now.

Ruthless People

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Origami Dali posted:

Ruthless People

That's it! Thanks

Pman5000
Feb 4, 2003

"You're so fuckin' money and you don't even know it"
Taco Bell Ninja Movie

This was a low budget mockumentary film about a guy that works at taco bell and is studying ninjutsu. The main character was a lot like Danny McBride and when I originally tried to remember this film I thought it was"The Foot Fist Way", but it is not. I just remember that the guy kept paying money to a so called "ninja master" and was excited to get out of his job at taco bell.

Pman5000
Feb 4, 2003

"You're so fuckin' money and you don't even know it"

Red posted:

There was a movie in the 80s where the driver or a crew member on an ambulance was a zombie or freaky weird type guy.

For the longest time, I assumed this was Cannonball Run, but looking at the pictures, it definitely wasn't Jack Elam.

Any ideas?

Is it Phantasm? The old man is pretty creepy and drives a hearse.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079714/

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is a super long shot. I have vague memory of some kind of sci-fi movie or TV show that used "smoothies" as a derogatory term for a fictional minority. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is a super long shot. I have vague memory of some kind of sci-fi movie or TV show that used "smoothies" as a derogatory term for a fictional minority. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

The Greasy Strangler uses it extensively as a derogatory term, but not for a minority.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wanna say maybe Alien Nation? I remember the aliens had some weird derogatory term for humans and "smoothies" sounds close.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wonder if maybe you're thinking of the Fallout series of video games, where smoothie and smooth skin are derogatory terms for humans said by ghouls

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Okay I have a vague memory on this. It's quite modern a average guy kidnaps somebody who wronged him and/or his family and holds him captive in a abandoned house. In a shower cubicle he interrogates him into confessing I think? It went a bit into Saw torture stuff too. Little help...

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

MisterGBH posted:

Okay I have a vague memory on this. It's quite modern a average guy kidnaps somebody who wronged him and/or his family and holds him captive in a abandoned house. In a shower cubicle he interrogates him into confessing I think? It went a bit into Saw torture stuff too. Little help...

Prisoners.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1392214/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It is fantastic

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

God drat yeah I remember the plot now. How the hell did I forget this with the cast that it has?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
Maybe y'all can help out with this:
https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/893266064905191424

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

I don't think it's a specific movie reference at all, but just an irony gag. The song is "California Dreamin'", not "All the Leaves are Brown", and it's playing simply because Jay has left his job and is moving to California, realizing that perhaps it's not really his dream.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't know if you guys know the answer to this or if this is even a movie song but since everything else is I figure i'd try...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzcSYChDGqQ

This is a video of the Great Movie Ride @ Walt Disney World. at 11:58 into the video is a song that plays that i've been searching for months but can't find...do you guys know what it is?

Thanks for the help. Going to post this in a few other places :)

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Empress Brosephine posted:

Don't know if you guys know the answer to this or if this is even a movie song but since everything else is I figure i'd try...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzcSYChDGqQ

This is a video of the Great Movie Ride @ Walt Disney World. at 11:58 into the video is a song that plays that i've been searching for months but can't find...do you guys know what it is?

Thanks for the help. Going to post this in a few other places :)

It's "Hooray for Hollywood."

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cna't beleive I never noticed that...wow thanks man i apprecaite it

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK
Early to mid 90s comedy about pirates or sailing. I just remember a moment when some guy yells after getting laid "These pipes are clean!"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

safe harbor posted:

Early to mid 90s comedy about pirates or sailing. I just remember a moment when some guy yells after getting laid "These pipes are clean!"

Cabin Boy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxxNvfVfDB0

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Ape Agitator posted:

I think he's a fine writer in that several of my favorite 80s comedies have him among the writing teams. Spies Like Us, GB, Coneheads,Dragnet. It's entirely possible it's just crediting him for script tweaks but if he was in the writers room in a fan of his writing work.

His only directing job was Nothing But Trouble so he's 100% awful as a director.

I dunno. Aykroyd's stuff has generally aged poorly, and I say that as someone who likes Dragnet.

I just wish I knew how much ad-libbing is in Ghostbusters.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I feel like there must have been because they all feel of a similar voice to their other movies. Like Aykroyd sounds similar in the Ghostbusters quasi remake Evolution, which really isn't good.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
Still looking for "I thought you kept that car Cherry, boy", but now there's a new one:

It was from The Man Show I believe, some "blind" keyboardist is playing on the boardwalk or something singing about people walking by. I remember such songs as "I want to fight you for your woman" and "Walking with my parents sure is depressing" or something like that.

I've tried searching for them but I can't find them, can someone help me out?

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

I've been trying to remember the name of a film I saw years ago. It was psychological horror involving a man and daughter driving down a dark back lane at night. During the trip they encounter a woman who starts chasing them. Like a ghost, they stop for a reason then the woman mysteriously appears and then disappears with the pair fleeing. The actor looked a lot like Dustin Hoffman with the perm (I think) and I remember they had a conversation about whether to get a Sega or a play station console if they survived. Is this familiar to anyone?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

ladron posted:

Still looking for "I thought you kept that car Cherry, boy", but now there's a new one:

You may have already tried this, but Subzin.com is great for when you remember a piece of dialogue from something. I'd recommend searching different variations of that quote on there.

Here's what comes up for "car cherry": http://www.subzin.com/search.php?q=%22car+cherry%22

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Baka-nin posted:

I've been trying to remember the name of a film I saw years ago. It was psychological horror involving a man and daughter driving down a dark back lane at night. During the trip they encounter a woman who starts chasing them. Like a ghost, they stop for a reason then the woman mysteriously appears and then disappears with the pair fleeing. The actor looked a lot like Dustin Hoffman with the perm (I think) and I remember they had a conversation about whether to get a Sega or a play station console if they survived. Is this familiar to anyone?

Sounds a bit like Dead End (2003) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308152/

I haven't seen it in a long time so I'm fuzzy on the details but it definitely involves a man and his daughter driving down a dark road, and there was a mysterious woman they come across. No idea if Ray Wise looks like Dustin Hoffman though, haha.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

codyclarke posted:

You may have already tried this, but Subzin.com is great for when you remember a piece of dialogue from something. I'd recommend searching different variations of that quote on there.

Here's what comes up for "car cherry": http://www.subzin.com/search.php?q=%22car+cherry%22

yeah, thanks for the mention, but not there ㅠㅠ

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

ladron posted:

yeah, thanks for the mention, but not there ㅠㅠ

It not being on there might actually help in that it may narrow it down to something that hasn't been on DVD. I remember your description of the scene from a while ago, and it definitely feels like the kind of movie that might get a VHS release and never a DVD. There are forums and :filez: groups that specialize in digitizing and trading VHS-only releases. Maybe someone on one of those might be familiar with it.

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 16, 2017

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I've been thinking of a short film, early 90's I think.

The plot is about a girl who is going on holiday and drops her house keys before getting on her train. A nearby burglar picks them up and let's himself into the building. He finds he is trapped and it was a ploy by the woman to get someone to feed her dog while she is away on holiday.

Edit: found it. Its called Holiday Romance - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0188667/?ref_=kw_li_tt

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 17, 2017

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Daveski posted:

Sounds a bit like Dead End (2003) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0308152/

I haven't seen it in a long time so I'm fuzzy on the details but it definitely involves a man and his daughter driving down a dark road, and there was a mysterious woman they come across. No idea if Ray Wise looks like Dustin Hoffman though, haha.

Thankyou! that is it, I'm surprised it came out in 03 though it had that late 90's small budget film feel to it. I'll be honest I thought the lead looked like another actor whose name I couldn't remember either so I plummed for Hoffman as the closest match to that guy. Thanks again

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
I saw the 2nd half of some slasher movie and was casually interested in the set up, name it so I can google the basics.

This girl is packing stuff up and she hears another guy and girl screaming, we cut to them and its a (guy in a suit) monster killing them both. She then grabs a cat in a carry case and escapes to a space ship/shuttle, then she finds another of the monsters on the ship.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

504 posted:

I saw the 2nd half of some slasher movie and was casually interested in the set up, name it so I can google the basics.

This girl is packing stuff up and she hears another guy and girl screaming, we cut to them and its a (guy in a suit) monster killing them both. She then grabs a cat in a carry case and escapes to a space ship/shuttle, then she finds another of the monsters on the ship.

Flubber

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Norbit

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjHARsfJYoc

Akuma fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Aug 17, 2017

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

This is it

Lopside
Jan 10, 2010
This is a movie I've been dying to see ever since watching a cryptic trailer for it and forgetting the title ages ago--I dont really have that much information but if anyone can figure it out i will be so grateful!

The movie has a European director (I think from the UK maybe?) and English actors, I believe from the late 70's or 80's, although it could be 90's too because the visual style is so nostalgic throwbacky in a Terrence Malick sort of way. it's a sort of dark magical realist coming of age film about a young boy in a pastoral/prairie type setting with rolling golden hills, all very "Christina's World" visually. The trailer featured this kid's interactions with an eerie old woman in decrepit house--it was implied she was a witch or vampire or some sort of magical presence. The look and subject matter was very similar to the Gilliam film Tideland, from what I could surmise, although much more whispery and atmospheric. Movie is definitely more art house than teen fantasy--I think the reception to it is very divisive with some aficionados calling a poetic surreal masterpiece and others calling it pretentious meandering trash.

I have tried all kinds of relevant keyword searches to no avail, what the gently caress is this thing called!??!

Lopside fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 18, 2017

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Lopside posted:

This is a movie I've been dying to see ever since watching a cryptic trailer for it and forgetting the title ages ago--I dont really have that much information but if anyone can figure it out i will be so grateful!

The movie has a European director (I think from the UK maybe?) and English actors, I believe from the late 70's or 80's, although it could be 90's too because the visual style is so nostalgic throwbacky in a Terrence Malick sort of way. it's a sort of dark magical realist coming of age film about a young boy in a pastoral/prairie type setting with rolling golden hills, all very "Christina's World" visually. The trailer featured this kid's interactions with an eerie old woman in decrepit house--it was implied she was a witch or vampire or some sort of magical presence. The look and subject matter was very similar to the Gilliam film Tideland, from what I could surmise, although much more whispery and atmospheric. Movie is definitely more art house than teen fantasy--I think the reception to it is very divisive with some aficionados calling a poetic surreal masterpiece and others calling it pretentious meandering trash.

I have tried all kinds of relevant keyword searches to no avail, what the gently caress is this thing called!??!

The Reflecting Skin. It's a great movie.

Lopside
Jan 10, 2010

Origami Dali posted:

The Reflecting Skin. It's a great movie.

Yes this is totally it, thanks so much!

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
I'm trying to remember some terrible made-for-tv horror movie from the 90s about a family that visits a ~haunted Native American town~ and winds up at some nuclear testing memorial in the desert.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Funkdreamer posted:

I'm trying to remember some terrible made-for-tv horror movie from the 90s about a family that visits a ~haunted Native American town~ and winds up at some nuclear testing memorial in the desert.

Disappearance

Funkdreamer
Jul 15, 2005

It'll be a blast
Thanks, I guess the 90s never really ended at TBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Pman5000 posted:

Is it Phantasm? The old man is pretty creepy and drives a hearse.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079714/

Naw. Guy I'm thinking of definitely has a uniform on.