Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Darchangel posted:

$120K education only rates a $2500/month job. Well, that's America!
I have about $2K left of my $20K in loans - from 2000. It will be paid off this year and I can't wait... to start paying on my wife's $40K :suicide:
At least she has a degree - I just have a (nearly worthless) tech school diploma.

I blew the muffler out once on my '68 El Camino I had back in high school. It had a 327 with two flat lobes on the cam, which made it idle like it had the most radical cam. Of course, it made it *run* like it had only 6 cylinders operating, which it did. But that open exhaust idle...

Tailpipe snapped off the muffler on my old 307 Nova. Even just losing that last bit of pipe made it sound better. Never got that fixed.

New Nova's set up the same way after I blew up the muffler :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Darchangel posted:

$120K education only rates a $2500/month job. Well, that's America!

My wife's friend with the 200k debt works at Starbucks :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

One of my friends and mentors was diagnosed with testicular cancer, so they removed his balls and we assumed everything would be ok

Just found out it's also in his lymph nodes, spine, and brain

I am broken. gently caress cancer

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Just got a call from my ex saying she had to rush the dog to the hospital. Lydia had surgery yesterday and started having trouble breathing today, turning blue. She got put on oxygen which fixed her up but when they tried to take her off she started to deteriorate. They're doing another surgery now but I'm not that hopeful.

Pet your dogs and hug your loved ones. Life is lovely enough without little things to get you through.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

One of my friends and mentors was diagnosed with testicular cancer, so they removed his balls and we assumed everything would be ok

gently caress cancer. condolences.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Cancer is awful. :(

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Wrar posted:

Cancer is awful. :(

Yep. And the older you get, the more you see people impacted. :(

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Cancer is the worst, my uncle was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer a few weeks ago and his sons still haven't taken it in. Sorry to hear about your friend.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Holy poo poo there are some loving animals where I work. Went to the locker room this morning and the toilets were normal, just been past again and one is smashed, two more have their seats ripped off and the fourth is filled with 4 toilet brushes stuck in, handle first. I think this is someone's idea of a protest about the current overtime situation.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the toilet seats are always broken at my work because we have a lot of indian people and even though there are SIGNS DIRECTLY ABOVE THE TOILET they still stand on the seats and squat

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I wonder how making GBS threads sitting down feels when you've been squatting all your life. Apparently weird enough to risk life and limb balancing on a plastic toilet seat.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

It is worse learning to do it the other way around, such as the first time I was caught short in France and stopped at a roadside services to use the toilette.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Enourmo posted:

gently caress cancer. condolences.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

cakesmith handyman posted:

Holy poo poo there are some loving animals where I work. Went to the locker room this morning and the toilets were normal, just been past again and one is smashed, two more have their seats ripped off and the fourth is filled with 4 toilet brushes stuck in, handle first. I think this is someone's idea of a protest about the current overtime situation.

Because loving up the one room everyone has to use is a useful protest.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Holy poo poo there are some loving animals where I work. Went to the locker room this morning and the toilets were normal, just been past again and one is smashed, two more have their seats ripped off and the fourth is filled with 4 toilet brushes stuck in, handle first.
Sounds familiar. loving factories, man.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

even though there are SIGNS DIRECTLY ABOVE THE TOILET they still stand on the seats and squat
This too.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Sounds familiar. loving factories, man.

Sounds like the US military. Nearly every deployed location I went, someone has either clogged the toilets with their movement, crammed 4-5 rolls of toilet paper in there, or the seat was ripped off of half the toilets, or the toilet had been removed under mysterious circumstances :tinfoil:

Oh, and black mold. Black mold everywhere.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Sounds like the US military. Nearly every deployed location I went, someone has either clogged the toilets with their movement, crammed 4-5 rolls of toilet paper in there, or the seat was ripped off of half the toilets, or the toilet had been removed under mysterious circumstances :tinfoil:

We had an interesting phenomenon at our -home station- Air Guard facility, where the bathrooms would be meticulously maintained during the bulk of the month, but on drill weekend the toilets would get clogged, poo poo on the seat, toilet paper strewn everywhere, sometimes worse.
Tell me DSG's aren't assholes that shouldn't be let out in public.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the toilet seats are always broken at my work because we have a lot of indian people and even though there are SIGNS DIRECTLY ABOVE THE TOILET they still stand on the seats and squat

Tell your work to buy some Squatty Potties, should solve the problem and they are awesome for everyone!

CommieGIR posted:

Lol what. Never had that problem when I was in :v:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

man that sucks

the only thing weird thing they do in our bathrooms is sit and talk while making GBS threads...what the gently caress

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Even after the cancer chat, I'm still laughing at this.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Even after the cancer chat, I'm still laughing at this.

:argh:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

BraveUlysses posted:

man that sucks

the only thing weird thing they do in our bathrooms is sit and talk while making GBS threads...what the gently caress

There are a bunch of Indians in my office also, and this is real. They also chat away merrily on the phone while standing at the urinals right next to you.

Other than that bit of oddity, no issues with them using the toilets like they are intended to be used or breaking them, thank goodness. I really had no idea this was a thing.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
Poon wagon is really getting around the internets.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
so what does everyone do for securing their license plates?

license plate theft is a thing here since our annual tab fees are so expensive...and i'm inclined to get a security torx head bolts \but my GTI is so cheap they dont actually put any inserts in the rear bumer to screw into :|

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

BraveUlysses posted:

license plate theft is a thing here since our annual tab fees are so expensive...and i'm inclined to get a security torx head bolts \but my GTI is so cheap they dont actually put any inserts in the rear bumer to screw into :|
How about something like this: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5527193-Rear-license-plate-bracket-from-Volvo

Then you should be able to use whatever hardware you want.

Edit: I'd recommend something like this for the nuts: https://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Stainless-Steel-Tri-Groove-Nuts-p/6206-020.htm?1=1&CartID=0

Garage2Roadtrip fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 16, 2017

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
A mushroom-head internal hex with a ball bearing smacked into it works well for stopping "casual" removal of stuff.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

This photo should be in an art museum.

BraveUlysses posted:

These are really good. You'll need a drill to get them out (they have instructions on their website), so if you want to remove your plate often, it isn't recommended. They're very high quality.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00S5FH77Q/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

nm fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 16, 2017

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

BraveUlysses posted:

I've always used Torx heads and nylon locking nuts. But I've always had trucks where the plate just goes on the bumper with plenty of room to get a nut on the backside.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

nm posted:

This photo should be in an art museum.

These are really good. You'll need a drill to get them out (they have instructions on their website), so if you want to remove your plate often, it isn't recommended. They're very high quality.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00S5FH77Q/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah i looked at those in the past when researching this but IMO seems like you could crush the caps pretty easy with a pair of pliers and then pull the bolts out with a regular screw driver.

Maybe i'll just pop rivet them into place.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

:staredog: This is a thing? I am okay working at a small business where we all kind of take care of our warehouse space. For whatever reasons my body and mind determined long ago that I am a home-baser. It is just how I am wired and I am totally okay with that.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:staredog: This is a thing? I am okay working at a small business where we all kind of take care of our warehouse space. For whatever reasons my body and mind determined long ago that I am a home-baser. It is just how I am wired and I am totally okay with that.

Not to mention that some people are from countries with pathetic sewers, so they have grown up using a special bin for used toilet paper.

Not good in a country where the only bin in a washroom is meant for paper hand towels.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Squat toilets are very much a thing in a lot of places, and there are quite a few people who either genuinely don't know how to use a western toilet, or simply don't give a gently caress. I suspect the latter is more likely.

Related is that not everywhere has facilites/infrastructure that work with flushing paper, so the standard is to put it in a bin after use. (lightning edit: Mentioned by Spog already).

Also, make drat sure you know which button you're pressing on a Japanese crapper, as they have functions like wash and blow-dry. That's not a euphamism for anything, though if anywhere designs in that, it'd be Japan.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

BraveUlysses posted:

Yeah i looked at those in the past when researching this but IMO seems like you could crush the caps pretty easy with a pair of pliers and then pull the bolts out with a regular screw driver.

Maybe i'll just pop rivet them into place.

There doesn't really seem to get a hold of them based on how tight they fit.
They're certainly harder than security torx to remove.

They've lasted like 2 years in an alley in midtown, which is pretty good as far as I can tell.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I installed a new fence in my back yard a few months ago, and since snakes are having a much harder time getting in the lizard population has exploded, there's babies everywhere. It's cool and kinda scary at the same time.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Oh good, a new ohio.jpg

E: They're here from Jersey because our tea parties are just that good.

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Aug 16, 2017

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

A mushroom-head internal hex with a ball bearing smacked into it works well for stopping "casual" removal of stuff.

I've done this for Phillips heads and it works really well. Nobody is going to mess around with trying to pick out a lead BB that got smooshed into the slot when they could gank the tags off the next car in line.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

And to make this week worse my wife went to the OB for her first visit and the fetus quit growing a month ago

They're doing a blood test to confirm that something weird isn't going on but it would appear that her body doesn't realize it's had a miscarriage yet

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
poo poo, sorry dude.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The mecum monterey auction is starting right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXTUC5aMKxA

There are some batshit insane cars like a laferrari, CCXR, and the last 289 cobra sold.

https://www.mecum.com/auctions/monterey-2017/lots/featured/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
gently caress. Sorry dude

• Locked thread