Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

R. Guyovich posted:

once you take them down you finally get the statue building skill that allows you to put lenin everywhere

you have to do this one quest, but when it's complete, you can summon an Image of Vladimir Lenin whenever you want

he's been my pal for quite a while now. I summon him wherever I go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Weeping Wound posted:

you have to do this one quest, but when it's complete, you can summon an Image of Vladimir Lenin whenever you want

can u give me back zergling but keep my tags

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

call to action posted:

no thanks, i'd rather talk about how awesome it is we're tearing down all these racist monuments. we also need to tear down andrew jackson (trail of tears) and thomas jefferson (slave rapist extraordinaire) statues, and why the gently caress wouldn't you

I agree with this unironically, even knowing it's a weak troll.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

call to action posted:

oh ok so we're only going after the racist heroes of people we don't like, not the ones we do. got it.

Start with the treasonous losers first, then move on up

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Weeping Wound posted:

Too bad it's on a 24 hour cooldown nowadays :(

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
concern trolling about racist statues

extremely succ z0ne

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

drag them sarah

https://twitter.com/onesarahjones/status/897813565784158213

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Transl: "Welcome to the Suck Zone"

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

call to action posted:

no thanks, i'd rather talk about how awesome it is we're tearing down all these racist monuments. we also need to tear down andrew jackson (trail of tears) and thomas jefferson (slave rapist extraordinaire) statues, and why the gently caress wouldn't you

:siren: shut up cop :siren:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zegermans posted:

Teddy Roosevelt, a terrible foreign policy nightmare and domestic ok person was elected in 1900.

LBJ, a terrible foreign policy nightmare and domestic ok person was elected in 1960.

Tulsi 2020.

This is why I get a little exasperated at people who immediately rule out Gabbard because of her foreign policy positions. Yeah, she's a mixed bag, but jesus Christ look at the other contenders, Harris and Booker and etc. Just as bad on foreign policy but also way worse on domestic policy. Good on some stuff and bad on other stuff is a hell of a lot better than OK on a few things but mostly bad on everything.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

When did I hear this wind before
Change like this to a deeper roar?
I'm starting to bleed another way
I just need some time to complete myself
These spotlights are here again
I can't see anything, I'm blind
This nature of time and space
Makes me sick of the situation
I couldn't know if I
If I'll be strong enough for this
I have to choose, do I want to live here?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is why I get a little exasperated at people who immediately rule out Gabbard because of her foreign policy positions. Yeah, she's a mixed bag, but jesus Christ look at the other contenders, Harris and Booker and etc. Just as bad on foreign policy but also way worse on domestic policy. Good on some stuff and bad on other stuff is a hell of a lot better than OK on a few things but mostly bad on everything.

"vote for this person because have you seen the other guys???"

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

UHD posted:

Isn't that literally the reason why Bernie ran

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tulsi is either an actual progressive (which I think she is) or a poser wanting to ride progressive coattails

EITHER WAY

She's already endorsed, supported, and protested for actual progressive policies

WHEREAS

Booker and Kamala have consistently shown to be garbage people with terrible policy positions

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Terror Sweat posted:

It was his reason, but not his platform.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Gabbard's history is way worse than Harris', she's barely had a chance to do anything in the senate and the AG stuff is just typical AG stuff compared to Tulsi's "holy poo poo that is a bad video" moments. If she's the best we can do we are completely hosed.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

UHD posted:

I'm not saying go hard in for Gabbard from day one. As much as we hate the hillfolk, and with good reason, they're still a big part of the party. Gabbard is a compromise, she's good on domestic policy, but will keep funding the MIC and endless pointless middle east interventions like the Clintonites want.

And it's not like there's an American Corbyn. There's no perfect candidate who actually explicitly rejects imperialism. Didn't even Bernie support the war in Afghanistan?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Gabbard's history is way worse than Harris', she's barely had a chance to do anything in the senate and the AG stuff is just typical AG stuff compared to Tulsi's "holy poo poo that is a bad video" moments. If she's the best we can do we are completely hosed.

"Typical AG stuff" is way worse than anything Tulsi Gabbard has done.

https://thenib.com/the-important-columnist-goes-to-a-nazi-rally

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

lol he disappeared when he got called out on it

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Terror Sweat posted:

bernie ran because he waited for twenty some-odd years for some other progressive to step up but no one did and 2016 would likely be his last chance

he likely would have run even if biden had too

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
didn't i probate this dude

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm not saying go hard in for Gabbard from day one. As much as we hate the hillfolk, and with good reason, they're still a big part of the party. Gabbard is a compromise, she's good on domestic policy, but will keep funding the MIC and endless pointless middle east interventions like the Clintonites want.

And it's not like there's an American Corbyn. There's no perfect candidate who actually explicitly rejects imperialism. Didn't even Bernie support the war in Afghanistan?

I actually agree with you i just thought the sentiment was funny because "have you seen the other guy" was pretty much the dem platform in 2016 and it didn't go over well

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

UHD posted:

bernie ran because he waited for twenty some-odd years for some other progressive to step up but no one did and 2016 would likely be his last chance

he likely would have run even if biden had too

way to whitewash Dennis Kucinich.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
we're gonna have a nice "gently caress you, racists!!!!" moment and nothing will change

hillary won

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

UHD posted:

I actually agree with you i just thought the sentiment was funny because "have you seen the other guy" was pretty much the dem platform in 2016 and it didn't go over well

You could also not concern-troll hth

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we're gonna at least rip down some racist statues that never should have gone up in the first place

that's... a nice start.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

we're gonna at least rip down some racist statues that never should have gone up in the first place

that's... a nice start.

like almost all of these were either erected in the Lost Cause/2nd Klan/Birth of a Nation revisionist period, or more recently

either way they were always about racism. I mean someone should probably articulate that at least because it utterly undercuts the idea that these statues have any validity w/r/t heritage.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Noooo, it's a very important statue!"

*cheaply made statue completely bends, it's dick falls off*

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

call to action spent yesterday saying antifa should punch cops instead of trolls who are just pretending to be nazis

it's absolutely unsurprising he's now wringing his hands and saying we should have UHC before we pull down memorials to traitors

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The history of the Civil War is commemorated at museums and battle site parks all over the country. The notiion that any monuments in an open public space serve any genuine historical function is a bald faced lie.

Anyway, thanks for letting me state the obvious. Go check out your local battle sites.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Frijolero posted:

"Noooo, it's a very important statue!"

*cheaply made statue completely bends, it's dick falls off*

in fairness most statues are hollow because solid ones would weigh and cost a fuckton more

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 228 days!

Al! posted:

the worlds least effective alt right infiltrator ladies and gentleman

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

the worlds least effective alt right infiltrator ladies and gentleman

...why are you defending slave rapists? can you explain why tj deserves a monument?

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm just looking forward to Bernie's future statue in Burlington.

He stands tall, waving his finger at bad dems, his lips and chin coated in Ben & Jerry's choco-mint ice cream.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

if the nc gov pardons the folks who toppled the statue in durham i will believe he's serious

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

call to action posted:

...why are you defending slave rapists? can you explain why tj deserves a monument?

why are you so bad at this lol

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Condiv posted:

call to action spent yesterday saying antifa should punch cops instead of trolls who are just pretending to be nazis

it's absolutely unsurprising he's now wringing his hands and saying we should have UHC before we pull down memorials to traitors

those seem like pretty consistent positions to me. punching cops and tearing down statues of andrew jackson.

otoh we have condiv posting racist alex jones screeds at length in the other thread and folks defending slave rapists. you can quote anything i've ever said and i'll stick by it - can you say the same

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The history of the Civil War is commemorated at museums and battle site parks all over the country. The notiion that any monuments in an open public space serve any genuine historical function is a bald faced lie.

Anyway, thanks for letting me state the obvious. Go check out your local battle sites.

it's not exactly a Civil War battle site, but it's an important site nonetheless: Haymarket Square

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

consistent positions for a cop to have yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
i'm actually a bit flattered that you'd think i could pass a drug test long enough to be the cop (at least for the first one before the rest of the faked ones)

you know how trump said "is george washington next?" yeah, yeah he loving is. tear that poo poo loving DOWN.

• Locked thread