Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
New thread title?
Star Wars, Galaxy of Heroes: Weirdly Broad and Pretty Useless (but I learned a lot)

That would make sense if you were in Discord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons, we're starting to get pretty quick on the tank. If you feel like you're missing out on damage, please reply to this post with your concerns and also any suggestions on how to mitigate it. i feel that multiple damage holds would be confusing, but maybe we can move things around.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Davethulhu posted:

Something Maulful goons, we're starting to get pretty quick on the tank. If you feel like you're missing out on damage, please reply to this post with your concerns and also any suggestions on how to mitigate it. i feel that multiple damage holds would be confusing, but maybe we can move things around.

Minimum 30 mins per phase? It's an old rule we used to have for heroic rancor that we did away with when we introduced 12 hour damage holds. It's cool to see us able to blitz through phase 1 and 4 (and 2 if it wasn't 8am Pacific today) in under 15 minutes but it does mean people who only have a solid team for any of those phases can miss them if they're not able to get on to damage immediately.

I've merely raised it today because I didn't even get a shot at p4 today as we cleared it in 14 mins I don't think we're getting people missing out on damage completely at least not yet anyway.

I'm happy with whatever the consensus comes to, 30mins a phase could screw up some people's arena payouts if they've found that to be the case when we've historically hit the quick phases.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 15, 2017

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

fishtobaskets posted:

I think you got skipped over for an SM invite but we can make sure you're first in line for the next spot. Are you in discord?

Yes, in discord under Moral_Hazard (I think)

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Davethulhu posted:

Why not just go to the same schedule as rancor? 24h hold then free-for-all. If we're taking it down in 6 hours with some people holding back we should have no trouble finishing in time.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Maybe I play at a happy hard-casual level but having just joined Mauful I'm pretty happy just getting anything from HAAT since I'm guessing everyone who throws up a zero still gets the 6 GK shards?

Maybe it's because I've always had terrible rng luck on raid rewards, even when coming in top 5 in qgj.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

Only thing I can think of is people to self-regulate their damage like we used to for Rancor but eh, the rewards are more fair for tank then they were for Rancor, and I know people are starting to creep towards *7 GK so I don't think it's a biggie. I stopped hitting p1/p4 a long time ago and only hit p3 if it happens to be up when I'm playing, and this time I only sent 1 team into p2.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Hey something maulful goons, maybe we send 10 GQJ goons to SM, and 10 SM goons to QGJ and run heroic on both guilds. I feel like that will mitigate how fast you guys take it down, and help some other SM members get more GK shards.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Hey something maulful goons, maybe we send 10 GQJ goons to SM, and 10 SM goons to QGJ and run heroic on both guilds. I feel like that will mitigate how fast you guys take it down, and help some other SM members get more GK shards.

Idk how prepared the rest of QGJ is. We can maybe bump a few SM dudes down and fire up an haat and take a sounding of where you guys are at in terms of dmg.

HAAT really does take s fuckload of participation and prep

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I second that. I just joined QGJ. Been doing well, getting top 5 in rancor and top 10 in tank. I'd like to start earning some GK shards.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Start a page on the spreadsheet and get sounding of where the guild is at in terms of comps and gear.

Zylo is good enough for P1.
Droids/Sith/Zader of P2
Chirpatine for p3
Rebels/clones/resistance P4

You need one ream for each phase, good p2/3 teams are the struggle. Everyone has rebels fir p4.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: There are heroes on many sides. Many sides.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

Start a page on the spreadsheet and get sounding of where the guild is at in terms of comps and gear.

Zylo is good enough for P1.
Droids/Sith/Zader of P2
Chirpatine for p3
Rebels/clones/resistance P4

You need one ream for each phase, good p2/3 teams are the struggle. Everyone has rebels fir p4.

Link?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Its in the play with goons section of the OP

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lTpQYYgUowxG9TcIw6YVa_DljcPqP4ZRZ6ITmtdjJno/edit#gid=0

edit:

I added a spreadsheet for QGJ HAAT Readiness planning. You guys will need to get a list of your members and get a feel for who has what.

Resistance Squads with zFinn are loving -cherry-. That squad can do P2-4 with ease and bonkers numbers.
Anyone with GXI clones is also a solid P2/4
Everyone with a Zylo, as they can be your P1 dudes.
Anyone with Droids for P2.
Anyone with Chirpa + Palpatine for P3.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 16, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dely Apple posted:

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes: There are heroes on many sides. Many sides.

:eyepop::aaaaa:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

RC Cola posted:

Work on thrawn. Get at least most of them to 7*.leave yourself a week to work on them at least. They surprised us with r2, they could do it again.

Get them to 7 and leave a week to work on gear, or work on their stars for a week?

(it's going to take me a month of SA tokens to get Kanan to 7*, which is the slowest grind.)

Another, semi unrelated question:

What is the "correct" way of gearing dudes up after they are full of blue equipment? Those purple pieces that requires 20 (sometimes 50!) salvage take like a full day of energy + 3 refreshes to get, and thats just to get dudes to GL7. It feels like i am missing something. A few outliers are super easy to gear up, both Dooku and Nihilus can get to GL8 without a single piece of purple salvage but Biggs needs a full set of purple things to even get to GL7...

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
You can always brute force your way through it with crystals (this isnt a terrible idea for the cheap 20 farms like 300c for a holo or 273 for a zactin prototype), but the reality is that 8-11 are just a grind. Use all your 50c refreshes daily and pray to RNGesus

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Get them to 7 and leave a week to work on gear, or work on their stars for a week?

(it's going to take me a month of SA tokens to get Kanan to 7*, which is the slowest grind.)

Another, semi unrelated question:

What is the "correct" way of gearing dudes up after they are full of blue equipment? Those purple pieces that requires 20 (sometimes 50!) salvage take like a full day of energy + 3 refreshes to get, and thats just to get dudes to GL7. It feels like i am missing something. A few outliers are super easy to gear up, both Dooku and Nihilus can get to GL8 without a single piece of purple salvage but Biggs needs a full set of purple things to even get to GL7...

Some of those purples come from challenge gear. No G7 I've seen requires any purples you need to farm with energy. At Gear 8, the older characters won't require much outside of poo poo you'll get naturally through challenges, but a lot of the new characters require poo poo like bacta gel, holo sims, and carbantis (technically challenge gear, but so many character need this poo poo you'll end up farming it at some point).

So if you need purple gear on a toon and you see a challenge in the list of possible sources, then don't farm that gear anywhere else, work on getting another piece ready for when you'll have enough from challenges, or work on another toon. Buying Mk3 Holo's with crystals for 300 is more cost effective than farming them with energy, so if you find yourself needing one of those, just don't refresh energy for a few days and buy it from the shop, ditto bacta gel.

Also, if you need a piece of challenge gear purples, request that poo poo from the guild. Most of us have metric tons of that poo poo (not mkIII carbantis, we all need those).

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I have zKylo, Droids, and Rebels, and if I'm not busy working, am good for several million in damage. One tank raid question is after 15 or so turns it gets all angry and puts on a locked no heal and does crazy damage. Is there any way to power through that or does that mean that the squad is dead?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

MoraleHazard posted:

I have zKylo, Droids, and Rebels, and if I'm not busy working, am good for several million in damage. One tank raid question is after 15 or so turns it gets all angry and puts on a locked no heal and does crazy damage. Is there any way to power through that or does that mean that the squad is dead?

I've always seen that as the old "enrage timers" from MMOs, and basically means, "Hope you've done everything you want to by now, because you're done."

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

If you're feeling lucky, you can use each characters last turn to attempt to escape. Saves that hero from the wipe and you can throw them in your next squad.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Here's my suggestion for Something Maulful's HAAT timings:

1. Raid starts
2. P1 open damage
3. Twelve hour hold for p2
4. P2 and p3 open damage
5. Additional twelve hour hold for p4
6. P4 open damage

The second damage hold is based on the start time, so, for example you'd have something like this:

1. Raid kicks off at 8 am pacific
2. P2 and p3 damage starts at 8pm pacific
3. P4 damage starts at 8am pacific the next day

Edit:
If you instead think that this is too complicated, and you're basically satisfied with our current scheme, please also let us know.

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 16, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

Yeah, you're throwing teams at a meat grinder and hoping you get big numbers out the other side.

Full-phase solos are possible for certain teams(hard to do and require shitloads of great mods), but there is no team in the game that can solo all four.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

E: Nothing to see here.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 16, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

This new cls meta sucks rear end and i say that as someone who dove right in to a cls lead team

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

As someone who has learned to hate GK with a passion, I'm in favor.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I'm just glad I'm back in the meta again, even if it's a bit boring. My ep.4 were all g10 or G11 already so I'm in a good spot. Just need a couple of stun guns for raid han, I think CLS/GK/DN/Leia/Han is going to be very strong.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I just managed to get CL in time so am beelining getting him geared up, and from there use the fact that I got him as an excuse to bring my old rebel team up to scratch and finally beat the tier 9 light side battles, since I went empire very early on before I could do them. I take it that my next 2 zetas should go on him too?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Chilichimp posted:

Some of those purples come from challenge gear. No G7 I've seen requires any purples you need to farm with energy. At Gear 8, the older characters won't require much outside of poo poo you'll get naturally through challenges, but a lot of the new characters require poo poo like bacta gel, holo sims, and carbantis (technically challenge gear, but so many character need this poo poo you'll end up farming it at some point).

So if you need purple gear on a toon and you see a challenge in the list of possible sources, then don't farm that gear anywhere else, work on getting another piece ready for when you'll have enough from challenges, or work on another toon. Buying Mk3 Holo's with crystals for 300 is more cost effective than farming them with energy, so if you find yourself needing one of those, just don't refresh energy for a few days and buy it from the shop, ditto bacta gel.

Also, if you need a piece of challenge gear purples, request that poo poo from the guild. Most of us have metric tons of that poo poo (not mkIII carbantis, we all need those).

Doing the 5 challenges a day only nets like 15 or so salvage pieces though, so it is literally a week per character to get them from GL6 to GL7 at that rate. Does the level 72 challenges drop considerably more purple salvage?

Good point on the gear requesting, i keep forgetting that.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Doing the 5 challenges a day only nets like 15 or so salvage pieces though, so it is literally a week per character to get them from GL6 to GL7 at that rate. Does the level 72 challenges drop considerably more purple salvage?

Good point on the gear requesting, i keep forgetting that.

Yes, the level 72 will drop a lot more, also requests will help you out a lot to overcome those shortages. Like I said, the older players have literal tons of that poo poo lying around.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So what is a good squad for CLS?

Edit: Checked the top 10 arena teams on my shard. Pretty much just all the super characters thrown together. Luke, Thrawn, DN, R2, GK. Little variation. Couple Chazes

UmOk fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 17, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Edit: Checked the top 10 arena teams on my shard. Pretty much just all the super characters thrown together. Luke, Thrawn, DN, R2, GK. Little variation. Couple Chazes

The new trash meta.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

UmOk posted:

CLS/R2/Raid Han/Leia/GK is one that's getting some buzz

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Why Leia? I thought she was considered decent, but not top tier.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

CLS/R2/Raid Han/Leia/GK is one that's getting some buzz

Also CLS, R2, rHan, Leia, ATF

Canemacar posted:

Why Leia? I thought she was considered decent, but not top tier.

She got a rework that took her up into top tier level

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I thought I saw that DN and ATF were going to be added to the ship arena shop. Was I hallucinating?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

UmOk posted:

I thought I saw that DN and ATF were going to be added to the ship arena shop. Was I hallucinating?

I think they said they were added to Shipments.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

UmOk posted:

They got a fixed node in crystal shipments, 4 or 8 shards, rotating between the two toons

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
CLS raid han leia r2 and gk is one of the worst bullshits I have ever encountered in GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Mr. Neutron posted:

CLS raid han leia r2 and gk is one of the worst bullshits I have ever encountered in GW.

You lose a team member. At least one. Every time