Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

boy are my arms tired posted:

thats the wrong attitude my dude

channel your inner fat chocobo

This is the answer. (Also doggy bags)

Do they give our little stuffed fat chocobos if you finish some giant meal or other? Because if not they should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
gonna rock this while eating the Fat Chocobo Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNOi1XAokmc

KoB
May 1, 2009

jalapeno_dude posted:

My friend won the jumbo cactpot there and got this for free:

Is that just a loaf of bread there?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

gonna rock this while eating the Fat Chocobo Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNOi1XAokmc

drat it, I can't find the infamous fat chocobo copypasta. :(

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

KoB posted:

I'd assume some kind of sweet bread. Japan can make some tasty bread.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

thats the wrong attitude my dude

channel your inner fat chocobo

So I tie the food up in string on a pole and have a someone sit on my shoulders holding it in front of my face?

Hot

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

KoB posted:

One assumes it's "french toast". Usually just comes in the form of several thick slices of bread.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

KoB posted:

Do you have something against a sandwhich loaf topped with whipped cream and surrounded by corn flakes?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
How long do those novelty cafes stay in business? Or do they tend to keep the same owner/staff but rotate theme every few years?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

SL the Pyro posted:

Earth Shaker has always been a physical attack and therefore has always been blockable by Cover. It even worked in Sephirot: an enterprising PLD could Cover the targeted DPS and pop a cooldown, letting both of them slap the boss as if nothing happened.

to further expand on this, cover was even changed in stormblood to work on (most) all types of damage so when asking the question "does cover work here?" the answer is almost always yes

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

KoB posted:

walnut bread

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

SonicRulez posted:

So Regula and Nael both had references to FF6 and 7 as nods to the number division they were in charge of. What's Zenos' connection to 12? I know almost nothing of that game.

Regula was a bit of a changeup in that he was set up to make people think he might be a Kefka in the making and turned out to be General Leo.

Zenos foregoes trying to be a callback to a previous FF boss entirely (except maybe Kefka) and fails to be much like Vayne at all. He's much more like a Luca Blight-like character who has become completely unfettered. I'm really kind of curious if we'll find out HOW a monster like Zenos is created. Did his becoming Resonant drive him mad or did he submit to the process in an effort to gain absolute mastery over himself and was ALREADY that crazy?

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Failboattootoot posted:

Do me a solid and go load up Rift, a game that lets you macro your full rotation into 1 button. Go do that for a couple hours and then get back to me about how much fun you were having.

The one button Saboteur actually was fun; but if you really wanted to maximize your dps you needed to put your cooldowns on a different macro and then you had to press two buttons.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Gearhead posted:

Regula was a bit of a changeup in that he was set up to make people think he might be a Kefka in the making and turned out to be General Leo.

Zenos foregoes trying to be a callback to a previous FF boss entirely (except maybe Kefka) and fails to be much like Vayne at all. He's much more like a Luca Blight-like character who has become completely unfettered. I'm really kind of curious if we'll find out HOW a monster like Zenos is created. Did his becoming Resonant drive him mad or did he submit to the process in an effort to gain absolute mastery over himself and was ALREADY that crazy?

I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the 4.X MSQ since it seems like they're setting it up to at least start as seeing how Doma and Ala Mhigo handle the fallout of their occupations- wouldn't be shocked to see something explore how a Zenos even happens because even the Empire seemed to hate the guy.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Mr. Locke posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of the 4.X MSQ since it seems like they're setting it up to at least start as seeing how Doma and Ala Mhigo handle the fallout of their occupations- wouldn't be shocked to see something explore how a Zenos even happens because even the Empire seemed to hate the guy.

Zenos seems to have broken at some point during his education (similar to how Livia was broken and completely unlike how Regula became a loving superman) but he was too powerful and dangerous to actually get RID of.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mr. Locke posted:

We break into a secret magitek research facility that the mad scientist from Ala Mhigo escaped to, and in the last room six hypercharged Zenos clones step out of their stasis chambers.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Zenos pops up as the new Lahabrea.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
why is there no wiki that catalogues the changes a job has gone through with each patch. sometimes i want to remind myself how things have progressed over the years and it isn't an easy thing to do

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The main site keeps patchnotes/changes, that's the best you're gonna get. This game is woefully undocumented in a bunch of ways.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't know how to find it and if it's up to date if it still exists but there was a google NotExcel doc that did precisely that so there's 100% some semblence of it out there.
e: Came up with some obvious key word searching
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10jLUEf_k5cVzYuCoaN3m1W4F2b085K_Iv9qeWeAduzY/edit#gid=2029058413

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Aug 16, 2017

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Gearhead posted:

Zenos pops up as the new Lahabrea.

Well, the emperor was super shocked at the white robed guy's face at the end of stormblood, so my bet was he'd stolen Zenos's body.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

meiram posted:

Well, the emperor was super shocked at the white robed guy's face at the end of stormblood, so my bet was he'd stolen Zenos's body.

The safest bet on that dude is probably Gaius. He didn't show up until after Gaius was already dead, Gaius didn't die onscreen, etc, etc.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He was actually just making a really rude face at him.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hildibrand making a gmod face

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009
Just finished HW (was at mid 69 by the end) and hit 70 last night. I'm kind of not thrilled the way it ended considering the way Gears, Revenge of the Horde, and the Souls quest chains went, it felt like it went out with a whimper.

Dealing with The Griffon/Ilberd was a bit of a letdown, especially compared to say Nidhogg's fight or the Keeper of the Lake fight against Midgarsohmr (sp...). It just felt like there was no weight to the fight.

I wished they didn't have Papalymo make that decision. I hope he comes back in SB.

PLD specific, I like how the PLD job chain ended with redeeming Aldis.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is what Varis saw.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Aug 16, 2017

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Anyone have an update on the bread

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

cheetah7071 posted:

The actual part that bugs me about Stormblood is that Doma was liberated in a single battle. Like, Doma castle had every single Garlean soldier in the country in it? There were no reinforcements anywhere? The empire didn't bother sending a legion in from elsewhere to help out after we beat them?

The first part could be explained if Doma really is just a small feudal fiefdom rather than a proper country but the plot certainly acts like it's bigger than that. The Garleans never responding to our attacks in any way is just sorta inexcusable though

Zenos just didn't give a poo poo because Doma was boring to him and he was in charge of that region at the time. Up until we killed him, anyways.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Obligatum VII posted:

Zenos just didn't give a poo poo because Doma was boring to him and he was in charge of that region at the time. Up until we killed him, anyways.

Also, the Domans remembered where their spines were. Even without Hien being around. With him back as a rallying point, the Confederacy, Kojin, and the whole of the Steppe effectively being in alliance with them, and the WoL able to show up at a moments notice, it would be a lot harder to beat them back down and subjugate them again while also defending against the Alliance in the western front.

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute

strong bird posted:

Anyone have an update on the bread

Looks like Japanese honey butter/brick toast to me.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
The saddest thing in this game isn't the death of major characters, or the sob stories of background NPCs, or the old PS3 limitations, or even the skeleton of the 1.0 architecture that prevents us from having a glamour log.

It's when you solo queue into EXDR, and get 3 other people who are amazing, and everyone is on point and you get that 10 minute clear and you're all jazzed about how great you all are at your roles.
Then you realize you will never see them again in your life as you run EXDR for another month and never have a run quite as decidedly perfect.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I just want to be able to accept party invites while speaking to retainers or merchants

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

I just want to be able to accept party invites while speaking to retainers or merchants

This and the thing about not being able to accept levequests while mounted or whatever are the two that I'm most curious about the reasons for.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

I just want to know why you can't talk to NPCs while mounted.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Jade Rider posted:

a little thing called politeness ya drat millenial

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Jade Rider posted:

It's weird because in -some- zones you can. For example, during the Vanu mount quests you can talk to the quest npcs without dismounting, but if you try to do the same in the Vath quests (which were made after!) you can't.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

vOv posted:

This and the thing about not being able to accept levequests while mounted or whatever are the two that I'm most curious about the reasons for.

I always figured it had something to do with how chocobos used to be treated as party members and Something Would Go Wrong if you initiated a leve while mounted and then unmounted to produce a chocobo companion. Of course things don't work that way any more, so maybe there just plain isn't a reason why it is that way now. :shrug:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I always figured it had something to do with how chocobos used to be treated as party members and Something Would Go Wrong if you initiated a leve while mounted and then unmounted to produce a chocobo companion. Of course things don't work that way any more, so maybe there just plain isn't a reason why it is that way now. :shrug:

It probably can break stuff and would require a ton of testing to fix. Remember how just letting people sit/emote when going into Susano caused them to become permanently stuck?

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
I've got a number of DPS classes hovering around 15, what's the best way to level up them since I've exhausted all the sidequests at this point.

Leves and FATEs? Or any better place to do them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rastan Beeza posted:

I've got a number of DPS classes hovering around 15, what's the best way to level up them since I've exhausted all the sidequests at this point.

Leves and FATEs? Or any better place to do them?

PotD lets you go in on a level 1 class, right? It's the fastest method below 60 though you'll die of boredom if you just spam it endlessly