Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

We watch Bowie pass Cooper in the hall, followed by Cooper walking into the Security Office, where he watches Bowie pass Cooper in the hall. It's time fuckery, not Booper being in the FBI Office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Papa John Misty posted:

We watch Bowie pass Cooper in the hall

If that's true I'm wrong. I don't remember that at all.

edit: it's not true. Watch the first 12 or so seconds of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl_8WK8w3Y

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

redreader posted:

If that's true I'm wrong. I don't remember that at all.

edit: it's not true. Watch the first 12 or so seconds of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHl_8WK8w3Y

he passes him in the original cut

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Thom and the Heads posted:

he passes him in the original cut

Why is life so hard? Nothing is easy

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I want a pair of Bowie's big pants

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

redreader posted:

Why is life so hard? Nothing is easy

drink full and descend

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Team Tammy 4 life

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The Jeffries scene in FWWM throws me off so much every time I watch it because Cooper starts the scene off by coming into the office and telling Cole about the dream he had... but then it cuts to Cooper in the security room. Is that scene Cooper's dream, or is it the dream coming true in the real world?

FSFunky
Aug 13, 2004

it's only falling in love because you hit the ground

ruddiger posted:

The Jeffries scene in FWWM throws me off so much every time I watch it because Cooper starts the scene off by coming into the office and telling Cole about the dream he had... but then it cuts to Cooper in the security room. Is that scene Cooper's dream, or is it the dream coming true in the real world?

I think Cooper doing the camera hallway thing is him trying to recreate the dream. It's kinda like Belushi Mitchum wanting to see what's in the bag.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah agreed. The security office is off the hallway that links the elevators and gordon/albert's office. You see cooper talk about the dream and then leave the office and go towards the hallway, then he's loving with the monitor/camera.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

General Dog posted:

She sounds hell of a lot closer to Ellie Goulding or something than anything resembling Taylor Swift (who is good, for the record).

Anybody who lists their music preference as "anything but country and rap" is a boring piece of poo poo 100% of the time.
that dink is like self-humiliating tv iv goon cliche energy distilled, rofl

The lead singer of Lissie if full of Stevie Nicks energy and sound. As far as straight up college radio powerballads go, 'Wild West' is a banger

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

TheRationalRedditor posted:

that dink is like self-humiliating tv iv goon cliche energy distilled, rofl

The lead singer of Lissie if full of Stevie Nicks energy and sound. As far as straight up college radio powerballads go, 'Wild West' is a banger

You people are weirdly loving defensive about this girl/country music. It was an offhand comment and you motherfuckers are projecting like crazy. Go back to talking about twin peaks please.

The Walrus fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Aug 16, 2017

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
When did dink take on a new meaning?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Walrus posted:

huge implications in the one little line that the kid already had plane tickets purchased for him

Nobody bit on this post of mine, anyone have any thoughts? We were somewhat aware of there being corporeal agents of the black lodge, though how directed or purposed their actions are is up to debate. But now, this is the first time we hear about agents of the Giant/WL having direct agency in the outside world - a plane ticket was purchased. Phillip Jeffries perhaps? Someone else/new?

Surprised to not have any seen any more discussion on that line as it stuck out for me like a sore thumb

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

You people are weirdly loving defensive about this girl/country music. It was an offhand comment and you motherfuckers are projecting like crazy. Go back to talking about twin peaks please.

Ok: that country-tinged pop-rock song that was in Twin Peaks was great!

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Tammy is there to give Gordon and Albert someone to talk to. They already know about the Blur Rose stuff, so there needs to be an audience surrogate for them to explain things to.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
What happen to the The Arm, anyway? Why the actor was not called back to The Return?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
accusing david lynch of raping his own daughter probably hurt his chances

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Elias_Maluco posted:

What happen to the The Arm, anyway? Why the actor was not called back to The Return?

He's a crazy rear end in a top hat now. Supports Trump and claims Lynch raped his daughter and others.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Elias_Maluco posted:

He claimed David Lynch tried to rape his daughter and that he orchestrated the death of Jack Nance

quote:

"He totally did NOT rape his own underage daughter and then write a television series about it. She totally has NOT lived under a DEATH THREAT from her own father, all her life if she ever told. He NEVER had his "best friend" murdered. And he DEFINITELY NEVER suggested to me that I should kill myself! There's a whole bunch of other stuff he never did either."

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
holy poo poo

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
He's right, David didn't do any of those things

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Seriously, though, the moment that guy started calling Sarah a oval office and a dyke, I thought "Something very bad is going to happen to this man, isn't it?"

At least now we know what horrific thing is going on in that house. :stare:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Little man has a cool little facebook but the thing I was looking for couldn't be found

At one point Anderson was selling Twin Peaks styled Trump bumper stickers, unlicensed of course

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
See, I expected her to [glass him] and beat him up or something, not take a loving pac man bite out of his jugular.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I had no idea the consensus was that Leo was a terrible actor. I thought his monotone pretty boy crazy wifebeating trucker shtick was done pretty well, also him as a slave was lol

oh dont get me wrong the character himself was despicable I was just catching up on the thread and the consensus seemed to be he was a terrible actor too
vvv

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 16, 2017

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I never really thought about Leo's actor. I just hated him. He was the character I most wanted to see get his comeuppance, and tortured as he was in the run of the show I never really felt satisfied that he did.

So, in my mind, mission accomplished on the part of the actor.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
We should totally get a one off scene that's never addressed again where we just see Leo still holding the bag of spiders by his teeth

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
When it comes to acting, I've always felt the same way about Leo as I did about Harry Truman - serviceable job until they have to ramp up the emotion. "You broke my heart!!"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Put it down!!!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The bookhouse boys can do anything!

Ah gently caress the sheriff is drunk Coop you gotta help us

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I hope we get some season 3 bookhouse boys ft. Carl

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

moist turtleneck posted:

I want a pair of Bowie's big pants

Mods please change my name to Big Bowie Pants

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Cromulent posted:

When it comes to acting, I've always felt the same way about Leo as I did about Harry Truman - serviceable job until they have to ramp up the emotion. "You broke my heart!!"

Ontkean and Da Re fit their characters, even if their acting wasn't great. Like, Leo being odd and monotone is perfect for the character, and Ontkean has a kind, aw-shucks demeanor.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I thought Leo at least had way more presence than Hank, who felt like if you took a suburban dad who still likes to wear his old pink floyd t-shirt and play the drums in his garage, and tried to sell him as a villain. The way he sucked on that domino chip, oh my god. In the end though, both of them are so small-minded in their evil compared to the primary antagonistic forces in Twin Peaks that it created an effect that worked well.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Cephas posted:

I thought Leo at least had way more presence than Hank, who felt like if you took a suburban dad who still likes to wear his old pink floyd t-shirt and play the drums in his garage, and tried to sell him as a villain. The way he sucked on that domino chip, oh my god. In the end though, both of them are so small-minded in their evil compared to the primary antagonistic forces in Twin Peaks that it created an effect that worked well.

Yeah, Hank was not intimidating at all

The scene when Bobby visits Shelly while Leo is gassing up his truck is intense as hell because Leo is a scary dude

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Hey did anyone ever confirm if that boiler room James is running around in is the same one from the International pilot?

If it is than the what the hell does it mean?

I can't confirm or deny if it's the same boiler room, but in my mind there's no question it was intended to seem and feel like the same place.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.
Well one location was the basement of the hospital, the other is of The Great Northern (I think). But the sound design and look is very similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLrwVk7ywqo

Does BOB ever talk (in his BOB form) in the actual series?

Lord Krangdar fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 16, 2017

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I wonder whether David Lynch ever had thoughts about including the content from the international pilot in the new series. What with the Time fuckery and dream states there could be a place for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought Leo's actor did a good job since I was unfortunate enough to know a person that looked, sounded and acted just like him.