Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
he sounds like obama tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Al! posted:

he sounds like obama tbh

if he dropped out of the primary to start the Obamacrat Party and then won, sure

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
A direct to employer student gig economy... On Bitcoin(actually ethereum)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2P5mh7owg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1QOlzMqEbo

Hahaha this 2nd video

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/pastormarkburns/status/897906551838695425

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well if pastor "give me money and also ive never read the bible" thinks so

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the actual version of this is the scene from Being John Malkovich where he gets beaned in the head with a beer can

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
nobody told pastor burns that mlk and the freedom fighters regularly faced violence from police and white supremacists i guess

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

is this the guy that was a total fraud and was called out it on camera and then melted down

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Al! posted:

he sounds like obama tbh

Obama was a lot of things, but monarchist isn't really one of them. Dude was terrified of executive orders.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

Teddy Roosevelt, a terrible foreign policy nightmare and domestic ok person was elected in 1900.

LBJ, a terrible foreign policy nightmare and domestic ok person was elected in 1960.

Tulsi 2020.

:yeah:

Foreign Policy is the least important part of the presidency, imo.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
yes. also i forgot what thread this was. probably should have posted in the trump thread since he was a trump surrogate

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

ThndrShk2k posted:

A direct to employer student gig economy... On Bitcoin(actually ethereum)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE2P5mh7owg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1QOlzMqEbo

Hahaha this 2nd video

So you get paid in electronic open-sourced company script that you can't actually use to buy anything. Ain't the 21st century grand?

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

yes. also i forgot what thread this was. probably should have posted in the trump thread since he was a trump surrogate

:justpost: also bash fash

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is this the guy that was a total fraud and was called out it on camera and then melted down

linky

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Iron Twinkie posted:

So you get paid in electronic open-sourced company script that you can't actually use to buy anything. Ain't the 21st century grand?

I'm fairly sure one of the only real labor laws left is "you have to use dollars to pay people you fucks"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Macronishly fails

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Iron Twinkie posted:

I haven't read up but they did say Dollars and Crypto in one of the videos.
There are things like Coinbase where you can turn Bitcoin or Ether into USD, and vice versa.

The whole concept is fine, but it looks like the execution/advertising is the most silicon valley poo poo I've seen in a while. If I had a bingo card I duno if I would've gotten a bingo, but I would've filled in a lot of boxes.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbIGBCcfKZg

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I see you runnin round town slurping trumps love nub and I'm like
gently caress you

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

zegermans posted:

I'm fairly sure one of the only real labor laws left is "you have to use dollars to pay people you fucks"

im honestly surprised we havent had an attempt to bring back company scrip

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I believe walmart tried to do gift cards once but that might have been mexico

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

zegermans posted:

Dollars in the form of Wal-Mart gift cards are acceptable though.

zegermans posted:

I believe walmart tried to do gift cards once but that might have been mexico

This did happen, but I forget the exact details.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/08/what_the_alt_left_was_actually_doing_in_charlottesville.html

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Dollars in the form of Wal-Mart gift cards are acceptable though.

doesn't mcdonalds basically do this

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

zegermans posted:

But is a student gig market really employment?

Is any gig market?

I mean aside from self-employed.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kamala 2020: I Support Some Of Bernie's Ideas

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So there are two stories, one actually bad, the other, potentially bad, but not terrible (yet).

Mexico: Bad.
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/259532

US, not bad and as an alternative to paper checks.
http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/payroll-cards-pay-cards-walmart-1271.php

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

zegermans posted:

There are worse things

this is the worst interpretation of dialectics

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Proud Christian Mom posted:

wal-mart tried

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

unfortunately, their donors dont
the donors are ready to throw dollars at the construction of combination execution/labor camps in their fever dream scenario of "enslave all poors now"

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Ruzihm posted:

this is the worst interpretation of dialectics

actually it is a v. good interpretation

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

"for most families"

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Now this is Resistance.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Probably Magic posted:

Obama was a lot of things, but monarchist isn't really one of them. Dude was terrified of executive orders.

Reminder that Obama vetoed exactly as many times as Bush did because :shrug:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

quote:

I stood with a group of interfaith clergy and other people of faith in a nonviolent direct action meant to keep the white nationalists from entering the park to their hate rally. We had far fewer people holding the line than we had hoped for, and frankly, it wasn’t enough. No police officers in sight (that I could see from where I stood), and we were prepared to be beaten to a bloody pulp to show that while the state permitted white nationalists to rally in hate, in the many names of God, we did not. But we didn’t have to because the anarchists and anti-fascists got to them before they could get to us. I’ve never felt more grateful and more ashamed at the same time. The antifa were like angels to me in that moment.

this makes me so happy. i'm so glad antifa helped protect these people

god speed antifa, may your fists ever meet fascist faces

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

my favorite is the mom that ends her antifa story with pointing out her teenage son's acne

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

UHD posted:

doesn't mcdonalds basically do this

some states give food stamps on visa debit cards that charge fees

Rand alPaul posted:

"for most families"

can't shoot for the moon, if we don't get all the way there people might not vote for us next time! - the party of JFK

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Raskolnikov38 posted:

my favorite is the mom that ends her antifa story with pointing out her teenage son's acne

quote:

I was armed with my iPhone and my dog’s leash. Luke was armed with his acne and hormones.
Good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zegermans posted:

you'd be wrong lol

• Locked thread