Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Verus posted:

I am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood. I had, as I now think, vainly flattered myself that without very much bloodshed it might be done.
Can I use that as lyrics for my terrible metal band?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

ratbert90 posted:

I mean, yeah, if everything was separate I could see it.

But combining everything together, it seems like imminently is pretty darn likely.

I guess the next question would be: If Nazis keep getting punched every time they rally, and of course, punching people is illegal (although Nazis punching SHOULD be legal, I digress), then could eventually a court decide that Nazi speech poses an imminent threat of lawlessness?

No

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

moostaffa posted:

Anyone got some news about the planned nazy rally in Laguna Beach this Sunday?

I went to Laguna Beach for the first time last year. Very nice place, but also very White. Would prefer these Nazi fucks not be able to rally there.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Lines up with the population decline in the Congo Free State under Leopold II. The numbers might be exaggerated but it isn't at all outside the realm of historical parallels.

Not to mention, murder by disease is also a thing.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

he watches sailors pee in cups all day

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kaal posted:

It's always good to remember that Trump always lies. The man is literally incapable of telling the truth.

He's pretty clear about wanting to bang his daughter.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
So Trump is having a rally , so who thinks that's going to be a total disaster because I predict that Nazis are going to show up.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

... decorum!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Someone never served. :rolleyes:

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

lol :discourse:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/897964211237728256

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Just gonna put it out there that I've personally been OC sprayed three times and supervised many sailors getting the same.

Those 'tough' Nazi's handled it worse than most of the sailors by a mile.

Also, :lol: at the idea of any reserve Intel Officer doing anything worth anything, especially a JG. I hope the piece of poo poo gets the book thrown at him (though I have no idea how that even works in the reserves... as a current reservist myself).

Boon fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 17, 2017

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Posobiec, you're in trouble now.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

republicans are apparently using aedelson money to try to run a secret recall campaign in nevada to put the nevada state senate into play: https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/897967879492059138

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fulchrum posted:

Even Inglorious Basterds?
Well, kinda? For "cool" points about Nazis, Inglourious Basterds has:
  • Hans Landa, a cunning sumbitch who only gets his just desserts because Aldo Raine is still raw about losing his boys. Christoph Waltz was the best drat performance of the whole cast (Mélanie Laurent is almost as good, but Waltz is probably one of the few actors that can pull off a "Affable monster" in the way that he did with Landa)
  • Hugo Stiglitz is a nazi recruited by the bastards who, among other things, CHOKES A MAN TO DEATH WITH HIS FIST. He also has a bombastic introduction narrated by Samuel L. Jackson (motherfucker).
  • Frederick Zoller is portrayed by Daniel Brühl who is, in words of my daughter, "RETARDEDLY good looking" (she's not into boys)
  • Sgt. Rachtman has the balls to get his brains plastered by the Bear Jew instead of selling out his comrades.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Fulchrum posted:

Even Inglorious Basterds?

Well Christoph Waltz's character is a genius and basically gets away with his crimes with only gets a swastika scar as punishment.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

Kale posted:

Robert E Lee basically chose the side his state ended up on as far as I've ever been able to tell
More or less. Lee thought slavery was bad and secession was worse, but state identity was a much bigger deal back then and he was less disgusted with joining a bad cause than he was by turning on his fellow virginians. He dragged his feet a little to declare for the south and generally agonized over it, if you want to put him in a generous light.

Pretty sure he holds the record for an enemy commander that has killed the most americans, so yeah at least he was right to disagree about enshrining his loving likeness in the role of said commander for a monument to stand on american loving soil.

Bhaal fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 17, 2017

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Hollismason posted:

So Trump is having a rally , so who thinks that's going to be a total disaster because I predict that Nazis are going to show up.

You're about a year or so too late for this warning.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Fulchrum posted:

Aaaand we have reached the perfection of loss.jpg

Dunno, some of the Mooch ones were pretty damned amazing.

Either way if we haven't reached peak "Loss.jpg" yet, it's gonna be driven to new peaks by the Trump admin.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Boon posted:

Just gonna put it out there that I've personally been OC sprayed three times and supervised many sailors getting the same.

Also, :lol: at the idea of any reserve Intel Officer doing anything worth anything, especially a JG. I hope the piece of poo poo gets the book thrown at him (though I have no idea how that even works in the reserves... as a current reservist myself).

Oh, they can bounce his rear end for violation of Article 133 regardless of whether he is on AT/ADT orders or not.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Bhaal posted:

More or less. Lee thought slavery was bad and secession was worse, but state identity was a much bigger deal back then and he was less disgusted with joining a bad cause than he was by turning on his fellow virginians.

Pretty sure he holds the record for an enemy commander that has killed the most americans, so yeah at least he was right to disagree about enshrining his loving likeness in the role of said commander for a monument to stand on american loving soil.

He owned slaves, fought to keep those that should have been freed, and let his troops enslave free blacks. He was the commander of the seceding troops.

Stop believing sanitized reconstruction myths of Lee.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Isn't it against Army or Military regulations to belong to fascist organization or white power groups?

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Bhaal posted:

More or less. Lee thought slavery was bad and secession was worse, but state identity was a much bigger deal back then and he was less disgusted with joining a bad cause than he was by turning on his fellow virginians.

He hadn't sworn an oath to Virginia. He had sworn one to the United States Army as an officer.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Voyager I posted:

If anyone's looking into protesting upcoming Alt-Right rallies in their area and you want flags that haven't been co-opted by Neo-Nazis, you might want to look at flying Civil War era Union flags. The nation added several states over the course of the conflict and the flag was less defined in those days, so there are many different variations from the period.

The 34-star circular flag is probably the most iconic, both as a symbol specific to the Union Army and something immediately distinct from a contemporary flag, which will probably be flown across from you alongside a Swastika without a hint of self-awareness.

The second most popular seems to be the 33-star flag from Fort Sumter.

These and others are all available cheaply on Amazon.

Don't forget to learn your Union songs while you're at it!

EDIT: Dog Tax

http://imgur.com/a/HBEde

The Lakota captured Custer's flag, and they have it to this day.

Kale
May 14, 2010

It's kind of sad that I've become so used to gaming symbols and gamers in general being associated wth right wing bullshit lately that I saw a video game character avatar and just assumed here we go again and did a double take when the person was actively making GBS threads on racists. Oh for the day when that hobby can go back to just being about fun instead of where people go to shriek their political dealogies over and I don't immediately cringe in horrific expecration any time I see a gamer avatar or interest

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Boon posted:

I laughed in the Vice doc when the badass organizer guy says "I own guns, I go to the gym because I want to be ready to kill someone" and then cut to him later in the video taking his shirt off to reveal a paunchy belly and spare tire. Maybe need to hit that gym a little harder... (also LOL at thinking gym work makes you good at fighting and self defense.. any blue belt in jiu jitsu would embarrass these guys).

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Wark Say posted:

Well, kinda? For "cool" points about Nazis, Inglourious Basterds has:
  • Hans Landa, a cunning sumbitch who only gets his just desserts because Aldo Raine is still raw about losing his boys. Christoph Waltz was the best drat performance of the whole cast (Mélanie Laurent is almost as good, but Waltz is probably one of the few actors that can pull off a "Affable monster" in the way that he did with Landa)
  • Hugo Stiglitz is a nazi recruited by the bastards who, among other things, CHOKES A MAN TO DEATH WITH HIS FIST. He also has a bombastic introduction narrated by Samuel L. Jackson (motherfucker).
  • Frederick Zoller is portrayed by Daniel Brühl who is, in words of my daughter, "RETARDEDLY good looking" (she's not into boys)
  • Sgt. Rachtman has the balls to get his brains plastered by the Bear Jew instead of selling out his comrades.

Saying that a traitor to the nazis who turns coat on them as soon as he can and just massacres Nazis for fun makes Nazis look good seems like a stretch even Nazis wouldn't be dumb enough to take the wrong way.

Landa is the only one you can make the claim for, since Zoller is just this oblivious dumbass right up til he turns into a rapist and Shoshanna gets sick of dealing with him, and Rachtmann ends up with his brains beaten in treated as a joke.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Hollismason posted:

Isn't it against Army or Military regulations to belong to fascist organization or white power groups?

They have a non-compete clause?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Alkydere posted:

Dunno, some of the Mooch ones were pretty damned amazing.

I think Mooch loss and this one are two halves of the perfection. One is the absence of the guy, one uses only that guy.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/897973018986778625

ahahahaha scared baby

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/897969700319223809

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kale posted:

It's kind of sad that I've become so used to gaming symbols and gamers in general being associated wth right wing bullshit lately that I saw a video game character avatar and just assumed here we go again and did a double take when the person was actively making GBS threads on racists. Oh for the day when that hobby can go back to just being about fun instead of where people go to shriek their political dealogies over and I don't immediately cringe in horrific expecration any time I see a gamer avatar or interest

don't forget the anime nazis

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/897971559461212163
https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/897970320774225920

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
If anyone hasn't seen Trae Crowder's ( a comedian "The Liberal Redneck") video concerning Charlottesville:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYiJ4z_v_c

Mother of god.

Giggy
Jan 22, 2010

What power does Rasputin have that terrifies Trump so much?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/897972529121419264

sounds like the people who hate bannon are gonna use this to sink him

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

I hope that story gets enough traction he has to prove he's a Brave Boy and do it

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Giggy posted:

the power to turn brietbart against him

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Giggy posted:

One of the pee tapes

More seriously, if Bannon turns Breitbart against Trump he's done, that would tank his popularity among even the right wing fringe, and they're the only supporters Tru.p has left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Giggy posted:

Bannon has the power to bend space and time, and he uses that power exclusively to suck his own dick.

• Locked thread