Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

race realists is what happens when twitch chat is your primary avenue of fighting game discussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you all being so negative stifles discussion, and also anyone who has a negative opinion should shut up

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

interrodactyl posted:

What is wrong with you dude

Who are you even trying to satirize

r/kappa

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This thread has taken a turn for the worse, I see.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Gologle posted:

This thread has taken a turn for the worse, I see.

It's not even out, we haven't even reached Mass Effect Andromeda levels of bad yet

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Okay dude maybe stop reading that if it's making you this frustrated about a video game

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

really though im looking forward to playing mvci bc fresh fgs are fun even though its going to be a dumpster fire, and its marvel so w/e

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cams posted:

toy quality activism

how is it that you are so stridently anti-fascist but so pro mindless consumption at the same time. I mean, I know they two aren't really related, but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pissdude posted:

really though im looking forward to playing mvci bc fresh fgs are fun even though its going to be a dumpster fire, and its marvel so w/e

play unist instead

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I will buy a heavily discounted version of this game when they release the gene dlc in late 2019, play w/ him for a bit and then drop it, assuming I haven't been immolated in the fires of ww3 yet.

Ryoga posted:

Watch Monster Hunter just be a re-skinned Soki from tatsunoko 'Function'.

he'll be soki + ammy functions.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the hunter will be Sin, use an insect glave, and eat food

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

how is it that you are so stridently anti-fascist but so pro mindless consumption at the same time. I mean, I know they two aren't really related, but I just can't wrap my mind around it.
lol "pro mindless consumption"

your video game purchases are not a moral statement. they are video games. you buy the ones you want to play, there is nothing righteous about whining about them on the internet.

i liked sfv i'll probably like this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there's also nothing wrong with wanting video games to be good or complaining when a game seems to be poorly made

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Endorph posted:

there's also nothing wrong with... complaining when a game seems to be poorly made
STRONGLY DISAGREE

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cams posted:

lol "pro mindless consumption"

your video game purchases are not a moral statement. they are video games. you buy the ones you want to play, there is nothing righteous about whining about them on the internet.

i liked sfv i'll probably like this.

all purchases are a moral statement under the system of capitalism

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
me irl

https://mobile.twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?lang=en

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cams posted:

STRONGLY DISAGREE

so should people people just clap their hands when they see Jedah Doma or what

game design is cool to talk about and there are fighting games i like more than others, because of game design. if nothing is allowed to be bad, then nothing can be good.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

all purchases are a moral statement under the system of capitalism
~there is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism~

stop acting like the tribal internet video game elitism has anything to do with a political crusade. you don't like a game so you post dumb poo poo at people who like the game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I hope this game turns out to be good either by accident or on purpose but only for tabs's sake.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cams posted:

~there is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism~

while this is true, I'd like to point out that anti or unethical things can be compared against each other. Some things are more wrong than others. Unless you would like to argue that being a poor consumer is exactly as bad as being a nazi anyway

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I mean. This is a simple thing to get into.

Do you, Cams, believe that your purchases have no effect on any other human being, do you, Cams, believe that your consumption exists in a void?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
this thread got loving weird mvci is a poo poo game who cares

also fight bebop, cams

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This entire game's release cycle has been a pretty amazing spin of self-destruction to the point where it got hard for me to even make fun of it, because poo poo like the models, combofiend's interviews, and the roster made it so loving easy to do it that it just got boring, so I'm genuinely amazed people in this thread have enough in them to keep doing it. That being said this thread goes into bouts of being dead so sometimes that isn't the case. All that's left is for the game to come out and see what happens at that point, I guess.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Reiley posted:

I hope this game turns out to be good either by accident or on purpose but only for tabs's sake.
https://my.mixtape.moe/wntuqf.webm

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The shame cube is still a cool concept so even terrible games can do things right on accident sometimes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ryoga posted:

The shame cube is still a cool concept so even terrible games can do things right on accident sometimes.

I will agree with this, the shame cube and universal tagging are two genuinely cool concepts

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Captain Baal posted:

I will agree with this, the shame cube and universal tagging are two genuinely cool concepts

gems are grooves again. i like grooves.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

tagging is cool but i'd rather have assists

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

Do you, Cams, believe that your purchases have no effect on any other human being, do you, Cams, believe that your consumption exists in a void?

if you shut the gently caress up I'll shut the gently caress up,

deal? :smith:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

while this is true, I'd like to point out that anti or unethical things can be compared against each other. Some things are more wrong than others. Unless you would like to argue that being a poor consumer is exactly as bad as being a nazi anyway

NecroMonster posted:

you're whining about the quality of toys not whether or not to support a company because of labor or environmental concerns.

i choose to believe you're self aware and aren't rationalizing your internet troll times as an anti-capitalist crusade.

i think mvci legitimately looks good and i am excited to play it. spider-man actually interests me for the first time in a versus game.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

cams posted:

you're whining about the quality of toys not whether or not to support a company because of labor or environmental concerns.

i choose to believe you're self aware and aren't rationalizing your internet troll times as an anti-capitalist crusade.

i think mvci legitimately looks good and i am excited to play it. spider-man actually interests me for the first time in a versus game.

heh, look at this nerd getting excited over toys

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if you keep saying 'toys' enough maybe youll eventually have a point, keep at it champ

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i don't understand how it's good to defend toys but bad to criticize them

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
No seriously, these past few pages and posts have been insufferable on all sides. It doesn't have to be like this, you can just turn off your monitor and pull your hands away from the keyboard.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/dril/status/247222360309121024?lang=en

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
buddy they won't even let me gently caress the flag

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

cams makes a face like this

and says, "lmao, these NERDS are getting so upset about TOYS. Its just TOYS. who takes toys so seriously that they'd waste time criticizing them on an online message board... get real losers!!"

cams buys every toys that renowned toys manufacturer Capcpom produces, dedicating an entire room in his moms house to them.
sometimes, the people in his life worry about him a little bit, and ask him how he can justify recklessly spending every dime he makes from his part time job working the concession stand at the theme park on more toys

but he just sighs, rolling his eyes - he gets so tired of people taking toys so seriously that they'd even bother bringing it up as a subject

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i really need to read GTO at some point :v:

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

cams posted:

BOI when you gonna quit duckin Bebop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

pissdude posted:

Same but this might be the first time I can remember that I'm leaning more toward "wait for a sale" for a Marvel game. I have a really hard time justifying $60 for what they made.

• Locked thread