Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Pickup/SUV drivers are way worse and have shittier handling/brakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Keyser_Soze posted:

The whackos are everywhere even lurking and trolling away in random automotive bbs. The same morons have been there for years and rarely post about their BMW's, they are just there to provoke. Trump fired them up significantly after years of complaining about Obama being a full communist. Every web forum has these types of assholes lurking.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Not just BMWs, I see gun nut-like "SJWs are coming to take our ICEs!" horseshit in car forums everywhere.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Giggy posted:

Eh we should be able to criticize the dumbfuck (that didn't have a warrant) for hitting a journalist. The other guy was doing what he had to do.

By all means criticize idiots for assaulting reporters.

But understand that those idiots are the only counter-protesters the right will recognize were in attendance.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 17, 2017

Kale
May 14, 2010

Jaxyon posted:

[A B O R T]

It's funny how people really don't seem to want to talk about this particular thing I can't help but have noticed. I mean nobody is forcing anybody to or anything, personally I'm just grateful the Trump shits seem to be done for the day at least. Until they inevitably resume some time around mid afternoon tomorrow when something retarded happens or he just says something completely and utterly asinine on twitter again as his latest gambit for dominating another daily news cycle.

Yureina posted:

Ehh... I'd say you were into the wrong anime then. It's pretty much like all other mediums: amidst a ton of poo poo, there are some real gems obscured by that horrible smell. I do agree about online gaming communities though. I got back into one not too long ago and flew the gently caress out of there just as quickly after hearing the hosed up chat discussions going on. It was little more than ranting about immigrants and leftists, with a dash of how helpful it was to beat their kids. I suspect I'm going to be sticking to single-player or playing solo in multiplayer games for quite a while...

:smith:

It's weird to me because most anime I can ever recall in the 5 years or so I was into the stuff are super preachy about things like inclusiveness, friendship, positive relationships with friends and family and trying to have youthful characters equivocate some sort of moral high ground over some cardboard villain stand in not unlike your average Sat AM cartoon in America. Not that the Alt-Right crowd that tries to co-opt stuff would ever recognize what's actually right in front of them so much as see it in terms of "anti-normie" or whatever it is they like to go on about.

Anyway I tried to get back into Gamefaqs after about a decade of not using it after getting a PS4 just to see what's up (figuring it couldn't possibly be THAT bad like some people had told me it had become) and within about a couple weeks was just like "NOPE" after being completely stonewalled with people only seemingly want to talk about identity politics stuff and spewing bigoted views everywhere. It's like that place doesn't even have a mod staff in 2017. My sole takeaway from that experience was that for a community that proposes to detest the likes of Anita Sarkeesian as like the worst person with the worst views or something it sure as gently caress is obsessed with knowing what she thinks about every game out there. It's like every other topic was the same bland trash with people posting Sarkeesian quotes and melting down over them.

So yeah I'll be done with this tangent now because enough people really seem to be put off by it big time and while I really don't know why I think I get the message.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Keyser_Soze posted:

Pickup/SUV drivers are way worse and have shittier handling/brakes.

And the worst are BMW/Mercedes SUV drivers in my experience.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Neo_Crimson posted:

Not just BMWs, I see gun nut-like "SJWs are coming to take our ICEs!" horseshit in car forums everywhere.

EVERY forum....even golf/wine/videogames/phones/aquariumfish whatever........if there is an "Open" or "Political Forum" there are 24/7 shitheads in there. I'd guess some are just from Moldovan trolling farms at this point.

There are always a few liberals that slog it out for a bit but most cannot compete with the dedication of the RW morons.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

stone cold posted:

pictured, the goon bmw:

please don't dox me and my antifa-mobile.

I just caught up on the thread, skimming a bunch since yesterday's posts. It's all insane, yet the bottom line is that Republicans are doing absolutely nothing about this, and there's no indication that anything's actually going to change. The horrible (and terrifying) part is how recent history's already shown that normally reprehensible, disgusting things which Trump has said before have simply become accepted. How could this become accepted over time as totally okay and cool, or at least the norm?

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

So, some Antifa juggs showed up to "guard" heather heyers funeral with bats and shields... and every right wing rag from Miami to Seattle is claiming "Antifa Crashed Heather Heyers Funeral".

Her Funeral was held in a loving Paramount Theater, the line was 2 blocks long. This wasn't some private affair where these people were unwelcome.

Can you you give us a link?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

KickerOfMice posted:

Can you usa link?

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/16/antifa-protesters-crash-heather-heyers-funeral/

https://www.infowars.com/antifa-protesters-crash-heather-heyers-funeral/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/16/heather-heyer-funeral-draws-activists-wielding-pin/

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/08/16/antifa-thugs-wont-just-let-heather-heyer-rest-in-peace/

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/antifa-heather-heyer-funeral-purple/

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3577740/posts

It's the standard gaggle of chucklefuck morons. Alex Jones, Crowder, the Blaze, Daily Caller, etc.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Keyser_Soze posted:

EVERY forum....even golf/wine/videogames/phones/aquariumfish whatever........if there is an "Open" or "Political Forum" there are 24/7 shitheads in there. I'd guess some are just from Moldovan trolling farms at this point.

There are always a few liberals that slog it out for a bit but most cannot compete with the dedication of the RW morons.

Generally anyone who goes out of their way to express their political opinions out of context has terrible views.

Lucania
May 1, 2009

Zwabu posted:

Yeah, and this guy is named Fuentes:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...l?event=event25

I don't know what's up with the Chickens for Col. Sanders Brigade.

They consider themselves white - as in, descended from Spaniards or another European group that settled in Latin America. Chances are that they aren't of just European descent, but they won't acknowledge that and if they look the part, their racist buddies aren't going to look into their genealogy.

Hell, I know Hispanics who consider themselves white when their grandparents look more like Celia Cruz than Cameron Diaz.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

I googled, I just googled the poor woman's name and 'juggalo' :cripes:
To infowars, for the least diluted poison.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Arturo Ui posted:

I seriously don't know what the point of him posting this is. He looks incredibly weak and for some reason posts his phone # online??

I read a bit on him and apparently he's an alcoholic and seems to have borderline personality disorder, so maybe this is an extension of that
That makes a lot of sense.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Neo_Crimson posted:

To be fair, we probably need to ban new ICE vehicles soon.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/897981824512688128

He was doing okay until this one. I mean they're counter protesters not a military unit, tensions are obviously going to be running high and trying to slam the entire group for the actions of a few is loving stupid. You can't say the same for the guy who drove the car into the crowd and murdered a woman because that is just a literal nazi getting whipped up into a frenzy. The counter protesters weren't there to attack random people. Stupid loving statement.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Neo_Crimson posted:

Okay just one more comment here, yes the SJW's thing how can I forget that one. If half the topics were about post and be mad about Anita Sarkeesia opinions the other half (and I saw this in plenty of other venues in 2016-2017) was about the ever present SJW boogeymen apparently lurking under everybody's bed looking too take away their games, cars, guns & ammo and apparent sworn right to be bigoted retarded poo poo heads. Boy have those people painted themselves quite the Emmanuel Goldstein Eurasia figure to fight a non-existent war against only instead of using it to delude the idiot masses into submissiveness they just use it to delude themselves into an excuse to continue shitposting their days away.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Is that tweeter....Grover of Groverhouse? :grovertoot:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Kale posted:

By the ways Habs are gonna suck this season aren't they? :(

Yes. They are.

Kale posted:

It describes a lot of places on the internet now. It's actually alarming how many places the Alt-Right probably managed to infiltrate since 2015 (if GBS got extra weird and racist some time around 2015 I wouldn't really be surprised but I wouldn't know cause I mainly hang out in the SAS and D&D sub-forums) when apparently there was a massive uptick in shitposting all around the internet a lot of which is attributed to Russian activity apparently. Admittedly I'm still kind of putting it altogether myself but it's amazing how many forums I used to visit but can't now because of massive unchecked shitposting problems track with the whole Alt-Right surge thing. I wonder how much of it is real people versus that shitposting bot army considering how cyclical some of it feels and how a lot of posts initially seem to be responding to something but then a couple sentences in feel like they're talking right past the person they are supposedly quoting or launching in the most random directions like they're pulling from some sort of script or dictionary file.

At the very least I'm convinced everyone is this thread is a real person.....right?

I think it's just posting culture coming to a point now where the entire goal is to 'own' the poo poo out of everyone and if you get mad, you lose. What better way to do that than through inflammatory racist poo poo? Easily the lowest hanging fruit there is. Coincide that with the fact that these chuds are perennial losers through and through, they latch on to that white supremacy because it gives them that feeling that they'll eventually get something/become something more than whatever pathetic life they're living right now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nothus posted:

:lol: He'll be gone in a month.

If he doesn't resign this week, he's a white supremacist himself.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Kale posted:

At the very least I'm convinced everyone is this thread is a real person.....right?

setText("Shut up cuck. Hitler wasn't a racist he was just in it for the lulz\n");

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Liu posted:

He was doing okay until this one. I mean they're counter protesters not a military unit, tensions are obviously going to be running high and trying to slam the entire group for the actions of a few is loving stupid. You can't say the same for the guy who drove the car into the crowd and murdered a woman because that is just a literal nazi getting whipped up into a frenzy. The counter protesters weren't there to attack random people. Stupid loving statement.

"Antifa posted on FB" does he think Antifa is like Anonymous or something.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Liu posted:

Stupid loving statement by the antifa bros he's quoting there, too. "ran at us with an iPhone, we assumed it must be a nazi, so we obviously punched 'em!"

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hahahahahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/jonathanvswan/status/897997990920683520

quote:

Here's what one of Bannon's colleagues — somebody who's not an enemy of his — told me after reading the piece: "Since Steve apparently enjoys casually undermining U.S. national security, I'll put this in terms he'll understand: This is DEFCON 1-level bad."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

By all means criticize idiots for assaulting reporters.

But understand that those idiots are the only counter-protesters the right will recognize were in attendance.

yeah its obnoxious as hell and would work really well for them, had the president not just blown the "both sides!!!!" argument out of the water

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Pollyanna posted:

"Antifa posted on FB" does he think Antifa is like Anonymous or something.

There will probably conspiracy stories in a day or two: "who funds A.N.T.I.F.A.? - this has to be organized" And the answer will be George Soros.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Holy gently caress https://twitter.com/MayorStanton/status/897963549514911744

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ahahahaha he really did pull a mooch

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/YAppelbaum/status/897991404466712576

"Both saved America." :confused:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/897925460910198784

quote:

Ad Hominem

Baker’s Dozen
Battlecry
Blood Red Eagle
Broadsword

Chauves Pourris
Condemned 84

Dark Fury

Freikorps

Geimhre
Grand Belial’s Key
Granulosum

Kamaedzitca
Ken McLellan
Kill, Baby… Kill!
Kolovrat

Legion of St. George
Legittima Offesa

Prussian Blue

Ravens Wing

Seges Findere
Selbstmord
Skinfull
Skull Head
Standarte

The Spear of Longinus
Tattooed Mother Fuckers
Thunderbolt

White Knuckle Driver

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Liu posted:

he's not blaming the entire group for the actions of the people who assaulted the reporters - though the entire antifa group that made poo poo up to justify it is blameworthy - and its dumb as all loving hell to get mad at a journalist for criticizing people who attack journalists

don't do it, recognize that some antifa people are just going to be there for a fight, and make sure to deal with those people

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

What a wee babe:

https://twitter.com/commondefense/status/897894699737825280

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:laffo:

Yeah, wait, what the gently caress?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Christ, he is going to do a rally just to announce a pardon.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

you see, lee surrendered instead of starting an insurgency, which counts as saving america

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

http://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-1?adkey=bn

I love this town.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

yeah its obnoxious as hell and would work really well for them, had the president not just blown the "both sides!!!!" argument out of the water

No, the worst part is since the press conference they're all scrambling to justify his answers. Every little thing that was done by a counter protester might as well be the assassination of Franz Ferdinand to them.

They're even recycling the canard about town-hall attendants being operatives that were bused in from out of state on the counter protesters.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

:tizzy:

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Chilichimp posted:

No, the worst part is since the press conference they're all scrambling to justify his answers. Every little thing that was done by a counter protester might as well be the assassination of Franz Ferdinand to them.

They're even recycling the canard about town-hall attendants being operatives that were bused in from out of state on the counter protesters.

they're going to try because that is what they do, but nobody is going to have any of that poo poo because the president already made clear that accepting that argument means supporting nazis and the kkk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Someone does not want to be reminded of exercise

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/897995690680496128

• Locked thread