Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Condolences dude.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Sorry, dude :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

And to make this week worse my wife went to the OB for her first visit and the fetus quit growing a month ago

They're doing a blood test to confirm that something weird isn't going on but it would appear that her body doesn't realize it's had a miscarriage yet

so sorry :(

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Jesus. Condolences, dude.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Jesus gently caress condonences sorry, all that poo poo, TT.

Take care of her. :glomp:

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Sorry, dude. [Offers favourite Hot Wheels car to play with ]

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Enourmo posted:

Finally I get my one week break between summer and fall classes. My other classes I'm sure I can do well in, but I'm nervous as hell about Senior Design. I have no idea what sort of project I'll end up assigned to, since apparently "proposing a project relevant to your interests and field of study" is no longer a thing.

We had to put our top 3 preferences in for a list of projects. One was for magnetorheological shocks, which would have been cool. Too bad everybody else saw "big word" and thought "sounds hard" so there was only one vote for it. :v: You had to have 2-4 people on each project so instead I got grouped with a bunch of outcasts doing some worthless forgettable textile project. Hope you have better luck.

Goondolences to everybody in this thread that has bad poo poo happening to them. This is depressing. :emo:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Hugs tt, that's horrible. Just be there for her.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

gently caress, that's horrible.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
gently caress that whole last page.

Sorry dudes, and if anyone needs an ear or whatever let me know. TT in particular, that sucks, and we went through something similar recently. :smith:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

One of my friends and mentors was diagnosed with testicular cancer, so they removed his balls and we assumed everything would be ok

Just found out it's also in his lymph nodes, spine, and brain

I am broken. gently caress cancer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

the toilet seats are always broken at my work because we have a lot of indian people and even though there are SIGNS DIRECTLY ABOVE THE TOILET they still stand on the seats and squat

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

And to make this week worse my wife went to the OB for her first visit and the fetus quit growing a month ago

They're doing a blood test to confirm that something weird isn't going on but it would appear that her body doesn't realize it's had a miscarriage yet

Please tell me that this all satisfies the rule of 3 for bad things. Because gently caress.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I'm so sorry. We went through this prior to our first born. It devastated my wife.

Just be there for her.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

My condolences for all that bad poo poo from the last page. :(

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bloody heck TT, that's awful :smith:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

:smith:

Sorry for your loss bud.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

gently caress :smith:

Just remember the world is not always this terrible TT.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

There is a very very small change that she's just irregular and the fetus truly is six weeks old, however it's incredibly unlikely

I'm still bummed but thanks for the kind words guys

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

My heart is breaking for you dude.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Hang in there TT that sucks man

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

That's a poo poo feeling. We lost our first right about the time we decided to tell everybody. I had just about gotten used to the idea of becoming a father, too.
Hug your wife - it's going to be bad for her.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Darchangel posted:

That's a poo poo feeling. We lost our first right about the time we decided to tell everybody. I had just about gotten used to the idea of becoming a father, too.
Hug your wife - it's going to be bad for her.

The same for us. We miscarried our first pregnancy about 8 weeks in. Emotionally devastating that will not go away for some time. It does get better but you'll never forget it. In hindsight it's given me such a better perspective on parenthood in general and has allowed for me to have empathy for friends who have experienced the same. All the best wishes TT and Mrs TT. It's a rough go.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Cancer is real bad, miscarriages are unfortunate but like being thrown off a horse, get back out there son. You're young, your wife is young. It took my S-i-L like 5 years to get the baby she didn't want but now adores (her husband wanted babies) and she was about 40 when she started and had many false starts to begin with.

The biggest issue is dealing with how she handles it, be there for her. I'm super equality based but also as a longtime woman-knower, they be a little nuts when hormones + tragedy happen at the same time. So suck it up, be prepared for Jekyll/Hyde syndrome, and refrain from complaining about it to your friends. You'll regret it later.

Instant fix:
Buy her that E9x M3 she didn't know she wanted until you took her out in the test drive for it. Then boom. Babies everywhere. Look at our Mormon friend, Somewhat Heroic. He can't walk past his wife without her going preggers, and if she's just had that 4 liter V8 rumbling underneath her.. twins. Triplets. It's madness.

Or look at me, the guy with no kids because kids are evil and prevent your ability to do fun things... Either way, you've got an E9x M3.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 17, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Also don't make her go through weeks/months/etc of fertility checking without you getting checked at the same time. My aforementioned sister in law went through some truly horrid sounding tests only to find out a year later her husband's boys were a little... unphelpslike and she was perfectly fertile for a healthy 40ish+ lady at the time.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
We didn't go full miscarriage but had a couple false starts, probably implantation failure. I think we got to 6 weeks one go. 3rd time was the trick for us.

8 weeks would be tough. Also, generally speaking the earlier stuff fails out the better. It usually means something was wrong.

I know the cold facts don't always make it easier :(

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Wrar posted:

We didn't go full miscarriage but had a couple false starts, probably implantation failure. I think we got to 6 weeks one go. 3rd time was the trick for us.

8 weeks would be tough. Also, generally speaking the earlier stuff fails out the better. It usually means something was wrong.

I know the cold facts don't always make it easier :(

Ya, she was supposedly at ten weeks but her cycles have been goofy as gently caress after getting off birth control

I'm super ok with the cold hard facts and she's a nurse in the mother/baby post birth wing so she knows all this too, she is honestly taking it very well after the initial shock and I'm very proud of her :3:

I think imma take her on a cruise this winter just to get away and enjoy some vacation but I seem to remember winter being hurricane season so idk how well that would work. She's a drat champ tho

Also that BMW is the fuckin dream ugh

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Well, maybe it'll just be the rebirth of Tyrion after he gets killed by ....oh, I've said too much about those HBO spoilers, my bad

But yeah, focus on being a couple, go somewhere that isn't ship based (imho, cruises sound ghastly when there's a perfectly good Cancun or Cabo that doesn't move with you trapped on it)

I tried to convince my sister to name her kid Mycroft, but she's a fun-stopping mom and instead the kid is not named Mycroft.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Ya, she was supposedly at ten weeks but her cycles have been goofy as gently caress after getting off birth control

I'm super ok with the cold hard facts and she's a nurse in the mother/baby post birth wing so she knows all this too, she is honestly taking it very well after the initial shock and I'm very proud of her :3:

I think imma take her on a cruise this winter just to get away and enjoy some vacation but I seem to remember winter being hurricane season so idk how well that would work. She's a drat champ tho

Also that BMW is the fuckin dream ugh

The end of November is generally considered the end of hurricane season for the us, but don't let that discourage you. There is still a pretty low chance of you winding up in the same place as even a tropical storm.

Edit: Also, condolences man.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Cabo: all the cruise ship fun without the legionnaire's disease and endless amount of white americans:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g152515-d7891453-Reviews-The_Cape_a_Thompson_Hotel-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html
Their default picture isn't anywhere near as grand as the place actually is, I'm not sure why they chose that one.
This more typifies the feel/vibe.

Late Oct/Early Nov. is the time to be in Cabo, before it gets to peak pricing but also past the main rainy month (early Oct.)

I may be there myself around that time period, I'll buy you both a shot & a cerveza (unless she's pregnant again by then) if we happen to cross paths.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

BraveUlysses posted:

so what does everyone do for securing their license plates?

license plate theft is a thing here since our annual tab fees are so expensive...and i'm inclined to get a security torx head bolts \but my GTI is so cheap they dont actually put any inserts in the rear bumer to screw into :|

Locktite. Back when I lived in the lovely part of town, I had a license plate fame that was JB Welded shut.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Sorry to hear that TT. We had the same thing first time around. At the 12 week scan it was discovered that the fetus stopped growing at 8 weeks. It's very common, but it still bummed my wife out a lot.

There's a saying that a women becomes a mother at conception and a man becomes a father at birth, and it has at least some truth to it. Be there for your wife, and hit me up if you want to talk.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The initial shock hasn't worn off yet. Buckle up for a roller coaster and just be there for her. Those are the kind of things that can build a relationship.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
My butthead brother finally got off probation after like 3-4 years. :toot:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

SA or criminal probation?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Ordered brake discs. Got brake discs. I think they're totally wrong.

I gave them the exact chassis code, reg number and chassis number when I ordered them, and TOLD them to confirm before sending.

Bellends. They try to have a clause on the listing about checking beforehand or being liable for postage etc, but if they try that they can gently caress off, why do you think I included a message with the car details on the order?

Looking forward to pads (same company, shipped separately, for reasons known only to them) being wrong too.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I'm so sorry TT, first a friend with cancer and now this.
:glomp:
I hope things improve for you soon.

I was going to post funny poo poo my kid said today but it's lame in these circumstances.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

cakesmith handyman posted:

SA or criminal probation?
Yes.

Does anyone know what this piece could be, supposedly its from the front end of a car that was involved in a fatal hit and run.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/17/cheektowaga-police-release-images-fatal-hit-run-investigation/

Security footage of the car sucks so bad Im not even posting it.

Fo3 posted:

I was going to post funny poo poo my kid said today but it's lame in these circumstances.
We need it now more than ever, no? Post the funny.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
Jeep hood latch?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Goddamnit. Cheektowaga PD, tell us more than "3/4", made of plastic."

Any markings? Any wear marks? Ship a sample of it off to AvE and he'll infer the material from smell when burned and solubility in a dozen different brands of brakleen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Cage posted:

We need it now more than ever, no? Post the funny.
Maybe later.
Right now I'm watching the movie The goddess of 1967.
Ostensibly about a citroen DS but it's as hosed up an an aussie movie can be. Murder suicide, rape only prevented by a chastity belt and all sorts of mind gently caress.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 17, 2017

• Locked thread