Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Cawl uses LIF3!

E: Seriously, wasn't that white mage look the Metalica school of the AdMech?

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Aug 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Cutemarines are great.

e:

Plague Marines advancing through the wreckage of one of their own Rhinos.

Living Image fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Aug 17, 2017

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Frobbe posted:

These are too adorbs to go in the unspiration thread

Some comparisons

the polar opposites of bigmars, it's scruntmars!

Those baby dreads are :kimchi: as gently caress.

Where can I get these lil mans?

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

take a really good luck at them, a REALLY close look. The secret is then revealed.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

They're made entirely from marine shoulder pads, it's crazy.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

The Sisko posted:

:siren: Cawl in dah houuuuuussse!!! :siren:

This is incredible. Really great job on the robes.

Now i'm bummed I went with the official paint scheme. That red armor is gorgeous!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Those cute Marines rule, I've seen one or two over the years but didn't know he had a full army of them. Would love to see a cute Land Raider.

The Sisko posted:

:siren: Cawl in dah houuuuuussse!!! :siren:

This is some of your absolute best work my dude. I think the Admech symbols could be brightened up a little but it's great work overall.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Sisko, nice work my dude. The robes in particular are great.

You're easily the most improved painter on SA. Your stuff just gets better and better!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So this week's konor mission is sustained assault for the attacker, defender places 3 objectives in their deployment zone. Defender gets heavy terrain and attacker gets little. Sounds brutal. I think I'd rather attack, since I use a lot of vehicles that are fairly fast and long ranged so if they die they'll contribute the moment they pop back out.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

The Deleter posted:

How do people get that cracking effect with the texture paint? I finished up all my Skitarii and none of the bases showed any signs of it. Do I have to really slap it on there? Was the base not big enough?

Dry it with a hairdryer. Makes the cracks much more significant

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Okay, 8th edition seems to be completely out, so time to check in with this thread again - are sisters playable yet or should I go back to sleep for a couple more months?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I've heard sisters can be quite good but I don't have any firsthand experience.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hixson posted:

Sisko, nice work my dude. The robes in particular are great.

You're easily the most improved painter on SA. Your stuff just gets better and better!

:smug:

Seriously though, Sisko, it 'aint no lie. Way to crank out some good minis.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Frobbe posted:

take a really good luck at them, a REALLY close look. The secret is then revealed.

bonds0097 posted:

They're made entirely from marine shoulder pads, it's crazy.

:monocle: this makes them even cooler!

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I've heard sisters can be quite good but I don't have any firsthand experience.

Sisters are pretty crazy. I bumped into them game 4 of my last GT. They hit very hard, dominions in their forgeworld ride+the jumpers+celestine makes a crazy opening.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Deleter posted:

How do people get that cracking effect with the texture paint? I finished up all my Skitarii and none of the bases showed any signs of it. Do I have to really slap it on there? Was the base not big enough?

Duncan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH5C6_TxPr8

Basically yeah, you wanna REALLY glob it on there unlike how you've learned to paint in all other situations.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Think I've found my Master of Skitarii :stwoon:

Will have to pick that up at the uk hamslam.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Don't glob the texture on too thick, though, or it'll flake up into giant C shaped pieces that look unnatural and just break off at a light drybrushing. Either that or I got a bad batch of Ironearth.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Don't glob the texture on too thick, though, or it'll flake up into giant C shaped pieces that look unnatural and just break off at a light drybrushing. Either that or I got a bad batch of Ironearth.

See it all the time when teaching people how to use the crackle stuff, just be careful and if you see any c-shaped lumps smooth them out or fill up the gap.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

How thick are you talking? I've used a fair bit of it, and never had a problem, and I put it on pretty drat thick. Might have been a bad batch.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Artum posted:

Think I've found my Master of Skitarii :stwoon:

Will have to pick that up at the uk hamslam.

If myrmidons don't make it to the ad Mech codex along with a transport and thallaxes I'm going to riot.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Anyone wants a 50% off coupon for Dawn of War 3?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Senjuro posted:

I'd take it friend

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Deified Data posted:

I'd take it friend

Post your Steam profile.

edit: Did you change your mind?

Senjuro fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Aug 17, 2017

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Mr. Funktastic posted:

If myrmidons don't make it to the ad Mech codex along with a transport and thallaxes I'm going to riot.

I'd get ready to riot. Not being a dick, but it's not happening. You might get them in a future Forgeworld book though.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Senjuro posted:

I also have one I won't use and is up for grabs.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Mr. Funktastic posted:

I feel thallax are far to cool looking to fit the 40k aesthetic

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

PantsOptional posted:

I also have one I won't use and is up for grabs.

If it's still up for grabs I'd love a 50% off voucher

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.

Ghazk posted:

I feel thallax are far to cool looking to fit the 40k aesthetic

Yeah, there's definitely some dissonance between the (largely) extremely grimdark 30k Ad Mech stuff, and the predominantly goofy 40k Ad Mech stuff. Only the Skitarii proper and Sicarians seem to really fit the grimdark aesthetic, in terms of the infantry.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

richyp posted:

If it's still up for grabs I'd love a 50% off voucher

PM me your Steam info

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Naramyth posted:

Sisters are pretty crazy. I bumped into them game 4 of my last GT. They hit very hard, dominions in their forgeworld ride+the jumpers+celestine makes a crazy opening.

I have been trying to beat this player and his sisters many times. I can't beat him. He's tabled my nids in 4 turns every time.

He's undefeated at our weekly 40k night at the FLGS. Though he did lose one game at the tournament on Saturday to a Ynarri list, who by the accounts of both players, got very lucky on the dice rolls.

Yeah, sisters are good.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

I have been trying to beat this player and his sisters many times. I can't beat him. He's tabled my nids in 4 turns every time.

He's undefeated at our weekly 40k night at the FLGS. Though he did lose one game at the tournament on Saturday to a Ynarri list, who by the accounts of both players, got very lucky on the dice rolls.

Yeah, sisters are good.

Would you mind talking a bit about what sort of list this guy plays? I'm really curious.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Huh. I was not expecting that. I have not played since the white dwarf codex, are all the old units still available? Don't really care if they're good but that's a surprising bonus.

Is there a quick guide to force composition or a battlescibe / similar tool that I can use to check out force compositions? I'm curious what I could actually field, because that's the big limiter for me I'd like to be able to play a game with what models I have before I buy anything.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

PantsOptional posted:

PM me your Steam info

PM Sent, thanks.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Pendent posted:

Would you mind talking a bit about what sort of list this guy plays? I'm really curious.

Three full units of Seraphim, each with as many inferno pistols as possible. Four FW repressor rhinos, each filled with 2, 5 lady dominion squads, one with max melta, one with max storm bolters. Two heavy bolter squads. One of the sisters HQs that buffs those bolters. And celestine.

Turn one, all four repressors am scout 12 inches, then move another 12. They have fire points so they'll usually be able to melta 4 times each, or put out 24 bolter shots. Celestine and a unit of seraphim do the same using acts of faith.

It hits HARD. He killed 55 genestealers in one turn before I even had a chance to go last time.

Master Twig fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 17, 2017

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

Three full units of Seraphim, each with as many inferno pistols as possible. Four FW repressor rhinos, each filled with 2, 5 lady dominion squads, one with max melta, one with max storm bolters. Two heavy bolter squads. One of the sisters HQs that buffs those bolters. And celestine.

Turn one, all four repressors am scout 12 inches, then move another 12. They have fire points so they'll usually be able to melta 4 times each, or put out 24 bolter shots. Celestine and a unit of seraphim do the same using acts of faith.

It hits HARD. He killed 55 genestealers in one turn before I even had a chance to go last time.

Inferno pistols? I am incredibly impressed this guy is making good use these things because they've been looking like overcosted garbage to me. Almost 3x as expensive as plasma pistols, but with only 6" range is pretty tough to justify to me.

That does sound like a very brutal list to face overall though. I love hearing about factions like them who have been neglected for so long having really strong army builds available.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pendent posted:

Inferno pistols? I am incredibly impressed this guy is making good use these things because they've been looking like overcosted garbage to me. Almost 3x as expensive as plasma pistols, but with only 6" range is pretty tough to justify to me.
Inferno pistols are amazing if you can get stuck in and shoot while in melee. Especially if it's against a vehicle or monstrous creature. Plus, they're within half range for the melta bonus.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.
I have finished painting up some Wraithguard and Windriders and am super psyched to try out the new edition. This is the list I've come up with for a 1000 point game - does anyone have any suggestions?

++ Patrol Detachment (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [53 PL, 1000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Farseer [6 PL, 113pts]: 1. Guide, 2. Doom, Witchblade

+ Troops +

Guardian Defenders [4 PL, 105pts]: 10x Guardian Defender
. Guardian Heavy Weapons Platform: Bright Lance

Guardian Defenders [4 PL, 80pts]: 10x Guardian Defender

+ Elites +

Howling Banshees [8 PL, 124pts]
. 6x Howling Banshee: 6x Power Sword
. Howling Banshee Exarch: Shuriken Pistol & Executioner

Wraithguard [10 PL, 200pts]: Wraithcannon, 5x Wraithguard

+ Fast Attack +

Windriders [5 PL, 96pts]
. 3x Windrider - Shuriken Cannon: 3x Shuriken Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Wraithlord [7 PL, 125pts]: Ghostglaive, Shuriken Cannon, Shuriken Catapult, Shuriken Catapult

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent [9 PL, 157pts]: Twin Bright Lance, Twin Shuriken Catapult

++ Total: [53 PL, 1000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

DrPop posted:

Wow dude, this is super impressive and the copper/bronze is really nice. What's your recipe for that color?

Thanks bro, the bronze is Balthazar gold washed with nuln oil and then some silver brushed on for the weathering. Believe it or not all the armour is hand brushed on not an airbrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Say. Wasn't there supposed to be a new Titans game coming out? In fact now I think about it weren't we expecting it back in March?