Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Congrats! Enjoy the time he's still immobile!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Congrats on the baby and all but I'm really questioning your parenting when your first move is to make your kid a huskers fan that's one step from child abuse.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Quandary posted:

Congrats on the baby and all but I'm really questioning your parenting when your first move is to make your kid a huskers fan that's one step from child abuse.

Could be worse.

Could be Rutgers.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

Seaniqua posted:

Hey guys I know this isn't football related but we (my wife) had a baby last night and I'm very excited about having brought another sad Husker fan into the world.

The first thing I said to him was, "This is your mom, I'm your dad. We love you. I have good news - football season is starting soon." He seemed pretty psyched:

Congrats! My first was born yesterday! Post your Big Ten newborn pix ITT:

He seemed to like when I hummed Hail Purdue, so that's a positive sign.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

mayodreams posted:

Congrats, as well! Enjoy it!

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

MourningView posted:

One day he will be so confused when you try to explain to him that Nebraska was once a dynasty.

(Congrats, man)

Pffft, like football is going to exist by the time he's old enough to comprehend it.

(Congrats, Sean!)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Congrats y'all! My little one is almost 10mo, enjoy the littleness.

Also, heed this warning:

tactlessbastard posted:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If we're doing big life announcement stuff I did not have a child, which is probably best for everyone, but I am now in the early stages of planning a wedding and I'm gonna have that poo poo right in the middle of football season just to spite you all. And also because November weddings are cheap to the extent that anything involving a wedding is cheap.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Neil Armbong posted:

Congrats, as well! Enjoy it!

Same!

Quandary posted:

I've conspired with my wife to bring three more hog fans into this world. I'm practically Hitler :cripes:

tactlessbastard fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 17, 2017

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

If we're doing big life announcement stuff I did not have a child, which is probably best for everyone, but I am now in the early stages of planning a wedding and I'm gonna have that poo poo right in the middle of football season just to spite you all. And also because November weddings are cheap to the extent that anything involving a wedding is cheap.

And the weather is better. It's the best time for it.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MourningView posted:

Does Iowa play Rutgers in the next year or two? There's your date.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

Does Iowa play Rutgers in the next year or two? There's your date.

Watching Iowa win is fun! Gotta find when they're playing, like, Ohio State

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
If only you liked an SEC team, so you could just schedule it when they play an FCS team in November

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

the mean lunch lady posted:

If only you liked an SEC team, so you could just schedule it when they play an FCS team in November

I would never miss the proud tradition that is the SEC/SoCon Challenge

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Thanks very much for the well wishes everyone! :)

MourningView posted:

One day he will be so confused when you try to explain to him that Nebraska was once a dynasty.

I've considered this. I think I might wait until he's an adult to break the news to him.

Quandary posted:

This is a fine point.

mayodreams posted:

Thanks and congrats to you!

Edit: Congrats on the wedding MV!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's drat near an ACC/SEC challenge. Ought to just go all out and match up the rest of the teams sometime during the season.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

buncha good poo poo happening itt :unsmith:

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

tactlessbastard posted:

Christ, yes. On the other hand, it gets a lot more rewarding in about six weeks when he starts smiling.

Today's morning activity to get us out of bed was shuttling back and forth between the DVD shelf I thought she was still too short to reach and the laundry basket to fill the basket with DVDs, tablets, a few stray duplo, and some actual dirty laundry for reverse irony.

She's a hazard and the worst but also super adorable and the best. We had a onesie for her last football season that was brown with football laces and 'Oregon' on it and it was great.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Yeah let me have a kid in 2017 that's a great ide-PSYCHE ur all loving morons I will NEVER have sex u cannot MAKE ME

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Everyone making major life changes. I'm also in the midst of planning a football season wedding.

Fortunately, Penn State has Kent State and UGA has Middle Tennessee on the date so both families are placated.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MourningView posted:

My soon to be wife scheduled our wedding for October 7th, 2017, and I'm still marrying her. I know I've made some bad posts in this forum before, but I won't complain if you want to ban me for this one.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I had my little girl 6 months ago but here she is at 1 month and some days old.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Demon Of The Fall posted:

All children are disgusting but this one especially so

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Scionix posted:

All children are disgusting but this one especially so

She's in the only good color of orange :)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Scionix posted:

Yeah let me have a kid in 2017 that's a great ide-PSYCHE ur all loving morons I will NEVER have sex u cannot MAKE ME

Same, but best wishes to everyone making a go of it. Beautiful babies all around, and congrats to the future Mr. and Mr. Mourning View.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

A good baby

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is there an area code block on Finebaum's show? I keep trying to call-in and all I get is dial tones every time

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I have two kids and a new one due on Christmas day. Lots of orange is involved.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

We got our 7 month old (holy poo poo it goes by fast!) some UGA gear. On the first day I told him how excited I was to watch football with him and prepare for a lifetime of almosts, just to set the right expectations.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug
I'm struggling to find 2t longhorn gear for my 22 month old at the stores I've gone to, but rest assured, he'll have his burnt orange shirt before season starts. Probably have to get him some Texans and Broncos gear as well. He did just get his first pair of nikes last week.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kids are the worst.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

vyst posted:

Kids are the worst.

But also the best. At the same time. It's awesome.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Neil Armbong posted:

I'm struggling to find 2t longhorn gear for my 22 month old at the stores I've gone to, but rest assured, he'll have his burnt orange shirt before season starts. Probably have to get him some Texans and Broncos gear as well. He did just get his first pair of nikes last week.

FYI when your kid hits two, his age is only to be spoken in years. This is law.

Or should be.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

KKKLIP ART posted:

a lifetime of almosts

:(

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"This is my 63 month old son."

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

Pillbug

DJExile posted:

FYI when your kid hits two, his age is only to be spoken in years. This is law.

Or should be.

haha, yeah. totally my plan. just that v big difference between now and even 18 months.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Randaconda posted:

"This is my 63 month old son."

This is the worst poo poo. As soon as my kids turned one and people would ask I would simply say "one" and they kind of look at you weird.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Kids are cool as long as they're not mine. Once they start screaming or making a mess I can give them to someone else and leave.

punched my v-card at camp
Sep 4, 2008

Broken and smokin' where the infrared deer plunge in the digital snake

Marquis de Pyro posted:

My soon to be wife scheduled our wedding for October 7th, 2017, and I'm still marrying her. I know I've made some bad posts in this forum before, but I won't complain if you want to ban me for this one.

Your fiancé is just setting you up for a last minute disaster in which she marries Sparty and sprints out of the venue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punched my v-card at camp posted:

Your fiancé is just setting you up for a last minute disaster in which she marries Sparty and sprints out of the venue.

stop stealing my TFF fan fiction

• Locked thread