Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Something else I've noticed about incels.

Even though they paint Chad as a stereotypical jock from an 80s sex comedy, he is seldom mean to them. They go on and on about Stacy and Roasty mocking and laughing at and belittling the incels, but Chad is always friendly, polite and sociable. At worst he is a clueless overly friendly dumbarse, (who just happens to get mad pussy) This also works with Normies, incels pity these poor people with girlfriends and wives, reserving their hatred and dehumanizing rage for Femoids.

Is this because they are misogynists first and foremost, and their hatred of Chad stems from the fact he gets women? Or is it because they secretly want Chad, (with his chiseled jaw and thick thick wrists), so they don't want to denigrate him too much? Or am I over thinking it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

quote:

[Suicide Fuel] This "wholesome" meme is a death sentence for lonely incels.

quote:

no its not, in reality he would get cucked because his femoid would gently caress Chad

quote:

In reality the mother cheats and divorce rapes him, then the daughter grows up broken in a single parent home and repeats the cycle.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

quote:

So I watched anime the other day...
And wow, I was amazed. The girls were actually nice and sweet and how I thought women would be like back when I didn't know better. I can see why weeaboos fall in love with cartoons.

quote:

2d girls are so much better than real ones. 2d females can like non chads

quote:

True. I used to watch anime a lot when I was younger and it was basically all the incels that would get girls. I thought that's how life was. Boy was I fuckin dead wrong.

quote:

I usually have to self harm after watching anime, to get back to reality. It's so depressing to see the difference.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Once they get into anime they're beyond saving.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

General Dog posted:

Once they get into anime they're beyond saving.

Never understood that perception to be honest. I've only ever thought of two explanations:

a) the protagonist is supposed to be a "chad" but isn't drawn to emphasize it (Midori No Hibi);
b) the girlfriend is some kind of bizarre troublesome supernatural creature and the protagonist's awkwardness/desperation is to explain why he doesn't just end the relationship himself (Urusei Yatsura);
and one special case
c) the anime is specifically about being Incel but they hacked in a happy ending compared to the original source (Welcome to the NHK).

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

You know what, they're an unsavory bunch, when they're right they're right.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
She shoulda hosed those other guys, especially the creepy elderly man, the dwarf and the fat eunuch because they were nice to her, instead of the super loving hot dudes... furthermore,

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

Something else I've noticed about incels.

Even though they paint Chad as a stereotypical jock from an 80s sex comedy, he is seldom mean to them. They go on and on about Stacy and Roasty mocking and laughing at and belittling the incels, but Chad is always friendly, polite and sociable. At worst he is a clueless overly friendly dumbarse, (who just happens to get mad pussy) This also works with Normies, incels pity these poor people with girlfriends and wives, reserving their hatred and dehumanizing rage for Femoids.

Is this because they are misogynists first and foremost, and their hatred of Chad stems from the fact he gets women? Or is it because they secretly want Chad, (with his chiseled jaw and thick thick wrists), so they don't want to denigrate him too much? Or am I over thinking it?

I think it's because they are misogynists above all else. They want to be Chad or be in bed with him, depending on the individual. They resent him and envy him, but it's not the same as hate. It's the way a lot of women probably feel about supermodels.

Normies they dislike in more of an I-pity-your-unenlightened-state manner. The truly deep hate is reserved for women.

I don't recall seeing any fantasies about enslaving/torturing normies or Chad. Have you? The punishments are reserved for women. They want to limit Chad's influence, but it's a redistribution of sexual wealth scheme. They don't want to destroy him. There's no locking Chad up in a dungeon.

Women are the subhuman "other" to them. They want to destroy women, to make them miserable, to break their spirits and turn them into meek housepets. I think they hate women not just because incels are entitled pricks but because they're literally afraid of women and they convert that fear into hate.

They want to remove women's perceived power in society, which is hilarious because there are few societies where things are close to equal. Incels still think women have too much power, because they're afraid of women. Women having any ability to make choices and not choose them is too much for them.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Zzulu posted:

She shoulda hosed those other guys, especially the creepy elderly man, the dwarf and the fat eunuch because they were nice to her, instead of the super loving hot dudes... furthermore,

The minute she said that Snow was too short for her, I knew it was gonna open the floodgates of incel rage. This thread has broken me, because now I think about these pathetic fuckers even when I'm enjoying fine television.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

Won't they trip?

No. If you recall from the Chad shower, water repels away from Chad.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Mr John Snow five feet tall

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Wait does Jon Snow being short make him an incel? But he fucks Dany, does that make him a Chad? Is he a Chadcel? This is confusing.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He already banged a cute redhead in a cave, that makes him a chad

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ranbo das posted:

Wait does Jon Snow being short make him an incel? But he fucks Dany, does that make him a Chad? Is he a Chadcel? This is confusing.

He was a volcel (Night's Watch vows say you can't have sex), but then caved and became a normie.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It is very difficult for incels to parse somebody having varying experiences with dating because their entire theory is based on a completely binary division and the idea that once something happens it won't change ever. If you were turned down by a woman then it will always be the case, self-improvement is useless. If you're Chad then you have never experienced rejection ever. So a guy who went to bed with a virgin but then was turned down by another woman just simply doesn't have a right to exist, there's no name for such thing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Is "Get on neetbux" code for "Get on welfare?"

Because lmao I have some bad loving news about how much welfare you get in America as a single man.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I think we hired an incel at work. He's a new engineer and seemed nice enough to start off. Younger guy, early 20s.

We were BSing over lunch and he started telling me that we don't have any "Female engineers" at work because their brains aren't wired for logic. Later on I'm talking about my upcoming wedding and he says "Good luck, you know almost every marriage now is a sham, right?" I asked him if he was seeing anybody and he very proudly said "HELL NO!".

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

A Fancy Hat posted:

I think we hired an incel at work. He's a new engineer and seemed nice enough to start off. Younger guy, early 20s.

We were BSing over lunch and he started telling me that we don't have any "Female engineers" at work because their brains aren't wired for logic. Later on I'm talking about my upcoming wedding and he says "Good luck, you know almost every marriage now is a sham, right?" I asked him if he was seeing anybody and he very proudly said "HELL NO!".

He is right and knows what is good in life.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

What's his weight/smell?

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben

A Fancy Hat posted:

If he's proud about not seeing anyone he's not incel by definition.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

General Dog posted:

You know what, they're an unsavory bunch, when they're right they're right.

they sorta also glossed over all the parts where she was violently raped and abused by savages and her own family for years

but they got the "important" parts right, right?

A Fancy Hat posted:

so how long do you think it'll be before emails out his manifesto about how engineering firms should be whites only

My Linux Rig fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 17, 2017

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Is "Get on neetbux" code for "Get on welfare?"
Specifically, it's code for getting on SSDI for sadbrains/autism. Google "neetbux" and you'll find guides for getting a caseworker and convincing them that you're unable to work.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

How long do you think it'll take to get himself fired?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Hm, these guys just seem like losers in every aspect of life

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I'm the guy whose goal in life is to become a publicly masturbating beach hobo

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

HAT FETISH posted:

I'm the guy whose goal in life is to become a publicly masturbating beach hobo
:same:

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"

Palpek posted:

So I watched anime the other day...
And wow, I was amazed. The girls were actually nice and sweet and how I thought women would be like back when I didn't know better. I can see why weeaboos fall in love with cartoons.

2d girls are so much better than real ones. 2d females can like non chads

True. I used to watch anime a lot when I was younger and it was basically all the incels that would get girls. I thought that's how life was. Boy was I fuckin dead wrong.

I usually have to self harm after watching anime, to get back to reality. It's so depressing to see the difference.
They should watch stuff like Slayers or Rumiko Takahashi instead, so they'll be left with the impression that Japanese women are dangerous, violent pyromaniacs. Anime by women, for women.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Would you like to watch a mainstream movie or series with protagonist who could belong to this group? Sure! Unfortunately, no-one would ever make an realistic (boooring!) version and we've already seen enough teen-slasher-horrors about nerds taking revenge on their bullies with axe and chainsaw.

Today I've got an idea: how to make incel-character interesting to general public. Lights, camera, action!

PART 1. Meet our hero: average Joe, the high-school student! Despite being goofy-looking(*) nerd he's having friends, asking a girl out, losing V-card with her, etc... Looks like another coming-to-age story, but there are some scenes suggesting that Joe harbours a dark secret... TIME FORWARD

PART 2. The same average Joe is now in college, but he's different. He still excells in class, gets praised by teachers, but is awkward, isolated, trying hard to connect with people, not able to get a girl interested in him... What happened? For a long time we don't know, but as long as Joe becomes more depressed, overusing drugs/alcohol/videogames he's starting to experience flashbacks triggered by his failed socialization attempts...

And now we see what REALLY happened in PART 1. This wasn't Joe's life. This was his imagined, daydreaming version of his life. Now we know which scenes from PART 1 were real, and which were imagined.

PART 3. Joe's is having hard time with studies, his grades are terrible, motivation all gone. His behaviour and words reveal more and more anger and hate. He causes incidents, gets into fights. Finally expelled from school, he performs "retribution" in ER style... OR maybe he just flunked classes because of depression and all of violence was his imagination/daydreaming again? YOU'LL NEVER KNOW.

THE END

Thoughts? Ideas?

(*) That's hollywood version of goofy-nerd for you: sorry, it would spoil the suspense if Joe was REALLY ugly.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
"It's basically like Mulholland Drive but with an incel instead of lesbians"

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

My Twitter Account posted:

Specifically, it's code for getting on SSDI for sadbrains/autism. Google "neetbux" and you'll find guides for getting a caseworker and convincing them that you're unable to work.

This is one of those thing that makes me feel old. Like , the kids these days really are different.

Back in my day, you claimed "back pain", and got a prescription for Vicodin as a bonus. But i guess that only works if a caseworker would honestly believe you ever did enough physical labor to hurt your back.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Plan backfires when audiences everywhere like Chad.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Would you like to watch a mainstream movie or series with protagonist who could belong to this group? Sure! Unfortunately, no-one would ever make an realistic (boooring!) version and we've already seen enough teen-slasher-horrors about nerds taking revenge on their bullies with axe and chainsaw.

Today I've got an idea: how to make incel-character interesting to general public. Lights, camera, action!

PART 1. Meet our hero: average Joe, the high-school student! Despite being goofy-looking(*) nerd he's having friends, asking a girl out, losing V-card with her, etc... Looks like another coming-to-age story, but there are some scenes suggesting that Joe harbours a dark secret... TIME FORWARD

PART 2. The same average Joe is now in college, but he's different. He still excells in class, gets praised by teachers, but is awkward, isolated, trying hard to connect with people, not able to get a girl interested in him... What happened? For a long time we don't know, but as long as Joe becomes more depressed, overusing drugs/alcohol/videogames he's starting to experience flashbacks triggered by his failed socialization attempts...

And now we see what REALLY happened in PART 1. This wasn't Joe's life. This was his imagined, daydreaming version of his life. Now we know which scenes from PART 1 were real, and which were imagined.

PART 3. Joe's is having hard time with studies, his grades are terrible, motivation all gone. His behaviour and words reveal more and more anger and hate. He causes incidents, gets into fights. Finally expelled from school, he performs "retribution" in ER style... OR maybe he just flunked classes because of depression and all of violence was his imagination/daydreaming again? YOU'LL NEVER KNOW.

THE END

Thoughts? Ideas?

(*) That's hollywood version of goofy-nerd for you: sorry, it would spoil the suspense if Joe was REALLY ugly.

It would be cool if for once these cable drama antiheroes were broken in a way that didn't make people completely miss the point and think they were awesome. Even Mr Robot, a show about a mentally I'll shut-in computer hacker who belts out r/Incel monolgues about how corrupt society is on the reg, still has a hot drug dealer girlfriend and gets hosed and stoned on the reg.

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Usually he just imagines himself monologuing and it cuts to whoever staring at him being a crazy silent weirdo, it's a very accurate show.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

chumbler posted:

Plan backfires when audiences everywhere like Chad.

Why wouldn't they? Chad is a great guy.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Guy Mann posted:

It would be cool if for once these cable drama antiheroes were broken in a way that didn't make people completely miss the point and think they were awesome. Even Mr Robot, a show about a mentally I'll shut-in computer hacker who belts out r/Incel monolgues about how corrupt society is on the reg, still has a hot drug dealer girlfriend and gets hosed and stoned on the reg.

Part of the problem is that any lead character on a television series is going to be portrayed by an actor who has at least a certain degree of charisma.

Indie/experimental films can pull off having main characters that are genuinely difficult to watch, since there's no network to give notes or act as gatekeeper. You can even get audiences to watch it, since at most they're spending 1-2 hours with those characters. But there's not a TV network in existence that would make Trash Humpers: The Show (and even if there was, there are probably less than a handful of people on earth who would be willing to watch 10+ episodes of it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Keep it up, champ.

Unlockable Ben
"Welcome to the NHK" is a really good black-comedy parody of incel attitudes and the lead character isn't happy at all..

Also, Will on "The Inbetweeners" (UK) definitely drops into incel territory sometimes, such as demanding a girl in a club explain why she doesn't want to dance with him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT3gkwGCQyg

hyphz fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 18, 2017

• Locked thread