Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

My soon to be wife scheduled our wedding for October 7th, 2017, and I'm still marrying her. I know I've made some bad posts in this forum before, but I won't complain if you want to ban me for this one.

I do not have this power anymore and am very much on the record that love is extremely dope and much cooler than football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I do not have this power anymore and am very much on the record that love is extremely dope and much cooler than football

Eh...

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

punched my v-card at camp posted:

Your fiancé is just setting you up for a last minute disaster in which she marries Sparty and sprints out of the venue.

Get this: She's a Washington Huskies fan. So she's going to win the Rose Bowl and taunt me for it or something :mad:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MourningView posted:

What about the greatest love of all, love of football, and more specifically, the greatest love of the greatest football, SEC football?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

big money big clit posted:

What about the greatest love of all, love of football, and more specifically, the greatest love of the greatest football, SEC football?

SEC just means more™

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I had my little girl 6 months ago but here she is at 1 month and some days old.

hell yeah, congrats!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Marquis de Pyro posted:

My soon to be wife scheduled our wedding for October 7th, 2017, and I'm still marrying her. I know I've made some bad posts in this forum before, but I won't complain if you want to ban me for this one.

Same, but Penn State plays at 9AM so while the girls are getting ready we get to play pool and watch the game before we head out.

She even let me choose between the 9th and 16th and I chose the 9th on the off chance that Ohio State/Nebraska was a night game and I didn't want all the Ohio State fans coming to be staring at their phones during the ceremony.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

angryrobots posted:

I have an unopened '81 and empty '74. E: and '81 "Clemson orange soda" can.

.....I assumed all tiger fans did this....

But do you have... THIS?!

It has the weirdest loving version of Tiger Rag you'll ever hear...

https://youtu.be/e0m4VM9d7yU

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
::buraaap::
On Aug 26th my birthday falls in line with Bullshit Kickoff Day and a wedding.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Randaconda posted:

lol at claiming Rutgers is anything but a historical bottom dweller.

An underrated great moment from this century of Rutgers football history is scheduling a bad Tulane(2010) team for homecoming and losing.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
You guys, just pick weekends where your team is playing a garbage team that's likely to be a nooner and go from there. I'm getting married the day of OSU-Rutgers in 2018, and if our ceremony is around 4-5 I'll probably see every meaningful part of that game while getting ready.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

or just pick the best date possible because fall weddings are cool and anyone who is even the least bit legit concerned about not being able to watch a football game has their priorities way the gently caress out of whack

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I had my little girl 6 months ago but here she is at 1 month and some days old.

D'aww good baby

She needs a plush Smoky dog to make it complete

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

DJExile posted:

or just pick the best date possible because fall weddings are cool and anyone who is even the least bit legit concerned about not being able to watch a football game has their priorities way the gently caress out of whack

mods?

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

DJExile posted:

That was mostly my attitude. Our wedding date was picked by the venue since welp when it's free you don't get to pick. Ended up being the same day as VT-UNC but whatever. Only bummer is a good friend(and fellow goon) who is doing the college ref thing and welp can't take two Saturday's off in a season for weddings.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

TheGreyGhost posted:

You guys, just pick weekends where your team is playing a garbage team that's likely to be a nooner and go from there. I'm getting married the day of OSU-Rutgers in 2018, and if our ceremony is around 4-5 I'll probably see every meaningful part of that game while getting ready.

I got married the day that UF punked South Carolina with like 75yds of offense it was magical

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
So saw the fsu and Florida stadiums today. FSU wouldn't let us in (and I didn't want to walk around to the other side to get to somewhere that might let me in). Florida's stadium is wide open, though which is super cool. The trophy room is cool too. Fun times. Rocket launch in the morning.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.
I got married in Chapel Hill the weekend UNC had an away game. I went to Florida for undergrad though, so my wife planned our wedding for a Gators bye week. She's awesome.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

Yea

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I got married in February in Florida, it owned. Fall weddings are hella dumb. NFL and NCAA football seasons? :cmon:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
My parents always used to tell me weddings were horrible wastes of time but every one I've been to in my adult life has been really loving fun. They've been right about a lot of things but I don't think they can be more wrong about weddings.

I don't have anything to contribute on the subject of weddings/kids beyond that tbh

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Weddings loving suck how are all of y'all so loving wrong about poo poo constantly JESUS

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Scionix posted:

Weddings loving suck how are all of y'all so loving wrong about poo poo constantly JESUS

And most of them don't like the proper team to cheer for now and always.

I'm talking Wisconsin, of course :smug:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Spring weddings are great because stuff is in bloom, weather is good, and because like football, spring is the wedding off season so venues are open and often a bit less expensive.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Scionix posted:

I'm w/ you on this

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Hi I've got a June trip to the U.S./basic ceremony and an early September wedding reception in Japan planned for next year and also have the fun of (eventually) helping organizing the respective family members who need to fly across the Pacific for each of those. And that on top of what a Japanese reception is going to cost.

yeah yeah college football season rah rah rah but you know what I'll be taking my family to see a day of the sumo tournament in Tokyo so that'll own.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

Hi I've got a June trip to the U.S./basic ceremony and an early September wedding reception in Japan planned for next year and also have the fun of (eventually) helping organizing the respective family members who need to fly across the Pacific for each of those. And that on top of what a Japanese reception is going to cost.

yeah yeah college football season rah rah rah but you know what I'll be taking my family to see a day of the sumo tournament in Tokyo so that'll own.

drat that sounds rad as hell

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Scionix posted:

Wedding ceremonies are fairly dependent on the people who plan them.

Wedding receptions are fairly dependent on the people who attend them.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And they both suck.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:goonsay:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

And they both suck.

Way to own yourself and all your friends

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Have to miss Iowa's opener against Wyoming, the first I'll miss in 4 years.

Instead I will get to watch them lose in the unofficial Big10 capitol building, O'Hare.

Congrats on the babies and weddings. Put me down as a vote in favor of fall weddings.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

KKKLIP ART posted:

Spring weddings are great because stuff is in bloom, weather is good, and because like football, spring is the wedding off season so venues are open and often a bit less expensive.

Spring weddings in Georgia are humid as gently caress man

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Manoueverable posted:

My parents always used to tell me weddings were horrible wastes of time but every one I've been to in my adult life has been really loving fun. They've been right about a lot of things but I don't think they can be more wrong about weddings.

I don't have anything to contribute on the subject of weddings/kids beyond that tbh

Weddings aren't wastes of time but they are wastes of money. You can 100% spend that money in better ways that will benefit you more as a couple. Blowing that kind of money in a 24 hour period is loving retarded.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Art Briles: According to the Waco Tribune, Briles’ attorney, Mark Lanier, says that schools have contacted Briles about coaching again and adds that he expects Briles to be coaching again in 2018. Pending a judge’s signature, a Title IX case against Baylor, brought forward by one of the victims of sexual assault, accused Briles of negligence will be settled and closed. Lanier adds that the closure provided in the case “is one step toward him getting back into coaching. He did not want to get back into coaching until he finished through the legal system.”

place your bets on who it was

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DJExile posted:

The attorney is bullshitting, that's my bet. I'm still ride or die with Briles, but as far as FBS he's radioactive at this point and will be well past retirement age. If he works again, he probably goes back to HS.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

DJExile posted:

Ole Miss
Rutgers

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

My buddy that does some work with the FAU athletics department told me that Lane has been hitting on all the women in the department, and they all hate him. I'm trying to get a joey freshwater picture signed, but I don't want my friend to lose his job.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

General Dog posted:

The attorney is bullshitting, that's my bet. I'm still ride or die with Briles, but as far as FBS he's radioactive at this point and will be well past retirement age. If he works again, he probably goes back to HS.

Yeah, my first thought was total BS to try to get some school somewhere to take a flyer because maybe he's not that toxic, but I think he's a few years of from a college gig. Baylor's shithead basketball coach keeps getting jobs, so I think Briles lands somewhere in a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scionix posted:

Condolences on being friendless and unable to interact with people in real life

KKKLIP ART posted:

At least around here spring is mostly considered in season and one of the more in demand times. "In season" is from April to Halloween at most of the places we've looked.

• Locked thread