Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Something funny about how formally Picard says "we must hurry over or we'll miss Commander Riker's party." It has an unspoken "and that's an order"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Am I imagining things or is there something goofy about this guy's posture?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I hope they're red herringing me about the Romulans.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Geordi's really bringing attention to the fact that they don't wear environment suits by listing all the chemicals in the air that could kill them.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Was he in a coma? How the hell can that happen with 24th century -- oh a virus

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

HIS EYES

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I'm glad they finally got an excuse to show them.

Looks like Worf got his rear end kicked at least once in 16 years judging by the scar.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Whaaaaaaaaaat

Picard is Lenin.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I always liked the thing where the bars behind the chevron on the badge has replaced the pips in indicating rank.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I wish I could suspend my disbelief but I'm pretty sure that planet with the gases did have a secret base and this is a dream they're putting in Riker's head for some reason.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

WHOA

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jean-Luc

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Riker is apparently the kind of person to name his kid after his boss

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The computer lag's related to whatever the nature of this hallucination is for sure. Dunno how yet.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh they want the location of outpost 23. This is literally Inception

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

But if they have enough access to his memories to make all these convincing simulations shouldn't they be able to pluck out the location of Outpost 23 easy as pie

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

"What was your dead mom like"
"... she was great"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I was just about to say I recognize that actress from somewhere then Riker said "Min"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

But if they have enough access to his memories to make all these convincing simulations shouldn't they be able to pluck out the location of Outpost 23 easy as pie
I don't remember the episode but maybe it's more "Riker can look that up with his credentials, but doesn't know it automatically."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

These Enterprise officers and their computer waifus

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I must have been spoiled about this episode and then forgot because I shouldn't be smart enough to figure all of it out so easily.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Wait is this some kind of double blind

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

If it was a deception-within-a-deception then Inception really did rip it off

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Holy poo poo they WERE red herring

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

This show is making me dizzy

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Episode over. I still can't remember if I was spoiled, maybe I've just seen this plot done enough that I have an advantage over the 1990 viewers. I guess I didn't figure out the double layer until it dropped serious hints but there wasn't really any way to.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Am I imagining things or is there something goofy about this guy's posture?

He's just another one of the bridge crew permanently pissed off about the posture he has to adopt to use that console.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Senor Tron posted:

He's just another one of the bridge crew permanently pissed off about the posture he has to adopt to use that console.

Every night they beam out your old spine, replicate a new one, and beam it into you, so back pain is a thing of the past

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Jeb! Repetition posted:

These Enterprise officers and their computer waifus

I also just realized how rear end that set design was. It's all painted wooden blocks.The chair is a wooden kitchen chair with triangles glued to the back and a flexible pool type hose glued around it.

I can only imagine how lovely it looks in HD... :stare:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

You'll see those cool future comm badges - slash - rank insignia again.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Astroman posted:

I also just realized how rear end that set design was. It's all painted wooden blocks.The chair is a wooden kitchen chair with triangles glued to the back and a flexible pool type hose glued around it.

That is HD.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

This show is making me dizzy

That mask is my absolute favorite lovely TNG alien, right up there with the Mick Fleetwood fishpeople.

Astroman posted:

I really dig it because it implies early 90's interior design came back in a big way galaxy-wide :allears:

Seriously, how are you people not nostalgic for soft pastel aesthetics? Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaat

Picard is Lenin.

We must hurry, for Yuri

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaat

Picard is Lenin.

Not for the first time, either!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdpGIrYP7S8

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The 'shut your mouth as in stop talking' scenes is one of my favorites of the entire series. It's pretty bad-rear end, but I think Riker has enough respect for Picard that he'd never have said that if any doubt was in his mind that something was up.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Astroman posted:

Gotta be the worst set I've seen so far.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The 'shut your mouth as in stop talking' scenes is one of my favorites of the entire series. It's pretty bad-rear end, but I think Riker has enough respect for Picard that he'd never have said that if any doubt was in his mind that something was up.

I on the other hand, wouldn't even talk to a fake Picard like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Trip report: DS9 season 4, episode 6 "Starship Down"

If that force field gave out under the pressure of 9 million space units, the gas giant's atmosphere wouldn't waft into the ship like a smoke machine. Just sayin'. Also I think the Defiant is the most-rebuilt ship in the fleet by a large margin, even more than the Enterprise. Seems like every time they take it on a mission, it gets severely damaged.

Also good to know I can pick out James Cromwell in 3 seconds even under heavy alien makeup.

Episode 7 "Little Green Men"

Not bad for a time travel episode. I remembered one line from watching it originally: "They irradiated their own planet!?" I just looked up the actress for the nurse because I couldn't place where I remembered her from and, holy crap, it's Alyson Veil from Nowhere Man. Now that brings back memories.