Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

I laugh with Norm every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Same, because I hate America.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Hat Thoughts posted:

Norm went off on twitter last night & someone on reddit compiled em before deletion (so, all credit 2 reddit)

This whole thing was posted to twitter?

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

norm went on getting doug?!<>

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

This whole thing was posted to twitter?

Yeah Norm tweets a ton & then deletes em all semi-often. His Facebook page autopublishes his tweets so sometimes they're still up there when they're not on Twitter.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Norm's coming to my town- and I'm going to four of his five shows.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Bobby Lee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61BCn9dlMg0

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Hmm maybe Norm got to him. I guess he really liked Norms format?

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/08/david-letterman-netflix-show/

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
someone explain the Andy and Tony joke please. I laughed but I don't know why

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Happy the Dog says on reddit that his youtube channel got a DMCA takedown for the Stern stuff he uploaded so if there's any norm stuff there u rly want save it before August 14th when the channel deletion is supposed to go through.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
gently caress, I only just finished watching his 4 hour COnan Norm compilation. That thing needs to be preserved for future generations by somebody.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Happy the Dog says on reddit that his youtube channel got a DMCA takedown for the Stern stuff he uploaded so if there's any norm stuff there u rly want save it before August 14th when the channel deletion is supposed to go through.

Noooo

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Four hundred one k

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Looks like someone ripped all the Happy the Dog videos & mirrored them here
http://52.11.37.230:8000/

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
a lot of normal and mentally sane people in the comments for this one

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
for real though im upset that sarah derailed the jokes segment to talk about what she likes to watch on tv

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

little munchkin posted:

a lot of normal and mentally sane people in the comments for this one

gross

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Sarah Silverman was way better than the other recent episodes. I love the guy but jesus Norm's brain is fried. I can understand why Netflix weren't interested.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Racist

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
The season has been five extremely talented and successful comedians who for some reason can't be bothered to make a joke, unless one is literally handed to them, in which case they will attempt to change the subject to avoid reading it.

And also Mike Tyson who was hilarious.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Norm is going much slower ayuh

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
the joke reading segments are fun. i like it when someone reads one and then is like "hey this is a really similar type of joke that norm used to do on weekend update 20 years ago". then they ask norm who wrote these and hes all coy about it

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Wish he'd get a lovely guest again. Most of these huge guests are humorless and he has too much respect to lay into them. We can watch them on any other podcast or talk show to hear their industry stories.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Professor Puppytime posted:

Wish he'd get a lovely guest again. Most of these huge guests are humorless and he has too much respect to lay into them. We can watch them on any other podcast or talk show to hear their industry stories.

Bobby lee was fine until he got all defensive after the 401k joke

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Rewatching the whole series, I can say Andy Dick, Todd Glass, and Gilbert Gottfried were the best. Norm had no respect and the guests were engaged

I'd remembered Sandler as the worst, but it was actually Ray Romano. He didn't get the tone at all.

RJWaters2 fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 16, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the nick Swardson ep

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Nick Swardson is probably one of the best eps. Spade is great just for how much he tears into Egret. It's not hilarious but the Larry King one is pretty good, too.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
When was this Sarah Silverman episode recorded? Hopefully it was a while ago because Norm looks terrible.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

General Dog posted:

When was this Sarah Silverman episode recorded? Hopefully it was a while ago because Norm looks terrible.

Adam mentions the video of Trump pushing the Nato leader out of his way so can't have been that long ago.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Some makeup girl posted a snapchat a few weeks/months back, it was maybe this spring? Not sure anymore but not that long ago.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bill Hader episode was my favorite, but I'm a sucker for old SNL stories

"John F. Kennedy...dead!"

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
Norm's got a huge problem with anxiety and he takes xanax for it. He doesn't drink or do "drugs" but I think his slow and slurry cadence can be attributed to the benzos sometimes. It definitely makes you act a bit drunk.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I didnt like Sarah shooting down the jokes :(

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Yeah it's like the one thing about the show Norm truly enjoys

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Skip My Posts posted:

I liked the nick Swardson ep

RJWaters2 posted:

Rewatching the whole series, I can say Andy Dick, Todd Glass, and Gilbert Gottfried were the best. Norm had no respect and the guests were engaged

I'd remembered Sandler as the worst, but it was actually Ray Romano. He didn't get the tone at all.

yep these are all the best, but swardson and gilbert did a great job of sucking norm's cock imo. russell brand might be my favorite because he has no goddamn clue what's going on and ends up ditching the interview early lol

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Yeah what the hell, two eps in a row where the guests didn't want to play along.

Also it's weird how everyone seems confused by the segment, he's literally just doing weekend update

Edit: I was also hoping they'd talk about his book but I'm assuming she hasn't read it?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Also I get it, you are hotshot comedians who are too busy to deal with small fish, but seriously, yo can't be assed to watch a single episode of a show you are going to be guesting for? To get an idea of the structure you'll be following?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Eh, I kinda get it, everyone has a podcast these days and she mentioned watching comedy kind of stresses her out. Although isn't she part owner of Jash?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Notice how she kept distancing herself from Michael Sheen. She wants Norm. Letting him know she's not all that committed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

Schweinhund posted:

Notice how she kept distancing herself from Michael Sheen. She wants Norm. Letting him know she's not all that committed.

I hope I'm not telling any tales out of school when I'm saying Norm is Gay and it's well known in hollywood and he's alluding to it much much more nowadays. Stern would bust his balls all the time and make him squirm by bringing out women on his show.

I've heard Silverman talk about the fact she's in an open/On-again Off-again relationship in other interviews too.

• Locked thread