Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Bingo
Aug 18, 2003

Thoughts on charged dash from people that have gotten pretty far? I'm on Tier 7's now with a hyaon's fury version and the damage is still real good and I really like the way it plays, although I think it's a skill that won't be for everyone. I'm mainly wondering what I feel like doing for an endgame setup, if I should just stick with the hyaons, go for an elefoil, or do dual dreamfeathers. Also not sure what chestpiece I want to end up with, carcass jack is what I'm leaning towards now because cd feels like it really wants that inc. aoe and it'd be easier to get the colors I want, but kintsugi, the perfect form and queen of the forest are all options too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I followed some dumbshit guide that had me using just ED including GMP and picking up the projectiles piercing wheel. Goddamnit.

That should work pretty well! Pierce is very good for ED.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
so harbingers still suck and everyone says beachhead is awful now. lol

otoh, is it just me or are breaches waaaay more common. I've had like 8 in 13 or so maps, before patch I was seeing a breach like 1 in 7 or 8 maps, they were loving rare.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Soothing Vapors posted:

That should work pretty well! Pierce is very good for ED.

the gem yeah, the wheel hell no

you can get two jewel nodes each with 30+% damage instead

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

the gem yeah, the wheel hell no

you can get two jewel nodes each with 30+% damage instead

Or you could get a Controlled Destruction gem for 44% more damage instead.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bingo posted:

Thoughts on charged dash from people that have gotten pretty far? I'm on Tier 7's now with a hyaon's fury version and the damage is still real good and I really like the way it plays, although I think it's a skill that won't be for everyone. I'm mainly wondering what I feel like doing for an endgame setup, if I should just stick with the hyaons, go for an elefoil, or do dual dreamfeathers. Also not sure what chestpiece I want to end up with, carcass jack is what I'm leaning towards now because cd feels like it really wants that inc. aoe and it'd be easier to get the colors I want, but kintsugi, the perfect form and queen of the forest are all options too.

Around Red Maps it starts getting dangerous between oneshots and lacking damage but that was before they made it scale so perhaps its better now.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

This map boss life rebalance thing is super discouraging and kinda makes me not want to map anymore. If I'm one-shotting nearly every pack in the map, the boss shouldn't brick wall me like that. I don't know what they were thinking with this change. I'm wiping on loving t3s.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I want to play charged dash with dual mjolners

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Arzachel posted:

Or you could get a Controlled Destruction gem for 44% more damage instead.

yeah durrr that's like the 3rd link, I was talking 5th or 6th

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I've been playing pizza totems and I'm just getting into maps and I've got to say, it's not as fun as I thought it looked initially. Anyone want to toss me a list of Uber Shaper-capable builds? I want to take a peek at them on YouTube and see if any look fun enough to go the distance with. I was pondering Flicker Strike but I wasn't sure if that's strong enough. Cyclone also looks sort of amusing but I remember thinking Whirlwind in D3 got sort of dry.

e: Anyone know what build this is? I like the idea of pooping out molten orbs

The Wonder Weapon fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Aug 18, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hooplah posted:

This map boss life rebalance thing is super discouraging and kinda makes me not want to map anymore. If I'm one-shotting nearly every pack in the map, the boss shouldn't brick wall me like that. I don't know what they were thinking with this change. I'm wiping on loving t3s.

How do you wipe on t3, is your gear complete poo poo?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yeah durrr that's like the 3rd link, I was talking 5th or 6th

Decay, Void Manipulation, Efficacy, Swift Affliction/GMP, Controlled Destruction, pick one. It's not like ED is lacking good supports.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

please knock Mom! posted:

I want to play charged dash with dual mjolners

why are they like 10c+

AggressivelyStupid posted:

How do you wipe on t3, is your gear complete poo poo?

they have like 3k life or less I'm sure

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kild posted:

why are they like 10c

I don't know

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Hooplah posted:

Don't pop all the roa nests in Arid Lake, I learned the hard way.

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Arzachel posted:

Don't pop all the roa nests in Arid Lake, I learned the hard way.

wait, does that do something?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It powers up the boss, but also makes it drop more loot.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

4k life. I've been playing since beta, so I know the common pitfalls. My gear isn't great, but it's not terrible either. I'm trying something a little bit edgy - elementalist wild strike. I've gotten unlucky a couple times with a ghosted boss, and those are what walled me, but also the shaper thing where he takes over the boss. That gives them insanely high life + freeze which was pretty annoying on the ghetto perpetus dude.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Hooplah/characters Character name my_mixtape if anyone's willing to tell me what's up. Maybe I just built something super subpar

I just bought those kaoms roots so I know I should probably switch to armor gear, but I doubt I'll actually get enough for it to mitigate anything

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

It powers up the boss, but also makes it drop more loot.

lol I've abandoned characters because they couldn't beat the super rhoa . I didn't know

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kild posted:

I wiped on a t3 with 4k+ and max res when the boss, a harbinger and a rogue exile all spawned in the same room, and my tactic of "shield charge one spot till RF kills them" only took out the harbinger, the rogue and 95% of the bosses life before I got a phone call and missed a flask.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Arzachel posted:

Decay, Void Manipulation, Efficacy, Swift Affliction/GMP, Controlled Destruction, pick one. It's not like ED is lacking good supports.

I'm running ED/Swift Afflict/Void Manip/Efficacy/Controlled Destruction/Pierce and it's working pretty well.

Does Decay spread via contagion aswell? I think I would like to delerium a Sai to get it that way rather than spend a gem slot.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Decay doesn't spread.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Does Decay spread via contagion aswell?

Nope, Decay applies on hits only. Can't even link it to Contagion or Blight.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kild posted:

why are they like 10c+

power creep

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
After leveling up a Berserker Crit Blade Flurry, I can't get away from Sunder for trash clearing. I just love it so much.

Is there a better ascendancy for doing a dual Sunder / some other 1-target skill? This is my first time doing life Vaal Pact, and it's pretty disgusting with Cloaked in Savagery. I was holding off on taking VP for god knows what reason, and when I switched it on it turned into Facetank the World.

I assume that it'll be reasonable for me to do 4-link Sunder with an Axe/Mace in one hand for clearing trash, plus 5/6-link Blade Flurry for single target, although I'll probably be leaving some Blade Flurry damage on the table since I won't be able to just use a stat stick in offhand. Doryani's has pretty good base damage, so that might be a good mace for my Sundering once I hit 75.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm running ED/Swift Afflict/Void Manip/Efficacy/Controlled Destruction/Pierce and it's working pretty well.

Does Decay spread via contagion aswell? I think I would like to delerium a Sai to get it that way rather than spend a gem slot.

You can only spread the ED dot with Contagion. And yeah, I was wrong and didn't think of delerium. Next support in line would probably be Empower which is still better damage than 5 passives but the gem gets more pierce instances so the line gets blurry.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Any DP zerkers who've done Guardians up in here? What kinda numbers should I be looking at to not get splattered to a paste? I'm sitting at 7k life atm, but other than Immortal Call on a CWDT I have very little other defense than unreliable flasks. Like 22% phys reduction, only getting End charges from Warlord's Mark, etc. Also what pantheon defenses are people grabbing?

I'm guessing Hydra should be okay at least since Roots deals with most of the danger in that fight and you want to get close up to make dodging easier anyway.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Comparing wander pathfinder vs glacial cascade mines, and assuming a starter budget of, let's say, 100c - how much worse will gc mines clearspeed be than kb pathfinder? how much worse at bosskilling will wander be than gc mines?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Did GGG manage to make harbingers even shittier? I just had one in a map drop only a single binding shard.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I don't know the answer to your question but goddamn GC mines looks fun. I never thought of toteming Detonate Mine.

ShutteredIn posted:

Did GGG manage to make harbingers even shittier? I just had one in a map drop only a single binding shard.

Packs take longer, the loot is worse, and from what Reddit is crying about Beachheads are no longer worth running. Great improvements all around.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Has anyone else gotten more actual exalted orb drops then they have gotten exalted fragments from the harbingers?

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
I'm at lv21 now and I'm starting to see how classes aren't really important, skill gems make up a build etc. etc.
But for Rogue Ascendancy, which one is better suited for end-game content? Assassins or Tricksters?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Has anyone else gotten more actual exalted orb drops then they have gotten exalted fragments from the harbingers?

I'm at 0 and 1, respectively :cry:

Dennis McClaren posted:

I'm at lv21 now and I'm starting to see how classes aren't really important, skill gems make up a build etc. etc.
But for Rogue Ascendancy, which one is better suited for end-game content? Assassins or Tricksters?

Super duper depends on what skill you're using.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Alright, I'm just shy of beating Act 10 with my Tornado Shot Raider (wanna do Merciless Labyrinth while I have max resistances but Izaro pretty much one-shots me) and quickly petering out, namely because from what I'm seeing, things are getting too expensive to upgrade via poe.trade.

Does anybody have any get-rich-quick schemes or notes on things I'm missing after viewing my profile? I know, "life and resistances are key," but I'm still sitting on just over 3k life even with some bonus to it in every slot.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Soothing Vapors posted:

I don't know the answer to your question but goddamn GC mines looks fun. I never thought of toteming Detonate Mine.

Packs take longer, the loot is worse, and from what Reddit is crying about Beachheads are no longer worth running. Great improvements all around.

I've gotten better loot for sure, the problem is that you're listening to complaints on Reddit.

People complaining there is a good thing.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm kind of in a tough spot right now. I have an 86 RF zerker, and it's either I invest more currency to get better w/ him or I make a new character. Right now I have maybe 120c saved up. I'm able to do t11/12 maps, but im only sitting at 6k life so I die from time to time. Not really sure what I should do going forward.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm at one and five, so no.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How do we feel about multistrike on sunder? Feels like it's just slowing me down at 40.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Ciaphas posted:

How do we feel about multistrike on sunder? Feels like it's just slowing me down at 40.

Positioning your attacks is key with sunder, so I really don't like the idea of multistrike attacking random targets that might be off to the side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hooplah posted:

The boss life increase on t3s is about 5%. It isn't what's making you unable to kill the boss.

E; im off a bit on this depending on which boss. Apparently some got brought up more than others. Winged Death went from 150k to 500k life, but that's a 1 second fight to a 5 second fight. T16 bosses have 12.6 million hp for example, and the fights usually last less than a minute.

Skyl3lazer fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 18, 2017