Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Trump would never wear a homespun robe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

ThePeavstenator posted:

The second tweet is actually Trump dropping the Statue of Liberty into the sea.

He just wants the gold torch.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
whats the best lovely min wage job to work at?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This, but Trump is a Kaiju, and the Statue of Liberty is a Jaeger piloted by the Olson Twins.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

BonoMan posted:

So Florida GOP party hosed over a lot of sick kids to help GOP donors?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/18/health/florida-sick-kids-insurance-eprise/index.html

Florida's (and I remind you, this is true, not a "Florida Man" exaggeration) current Governor was found guilty of defrauding Medicare to the tune of $1,700,000,000, the largest fraud in history. Again, this is Florida's current governor, and nobody seems to care, in a state whose residents are mostly alive because of Medicare/

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rushi posted:

night shift sitter at a healthcare facility.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

skeleton warrior posted:

What should we be expecting to see in advance of them trying to pull a 25th Amendment or mass resignation?

Nothing. Because right up until the VP has signatures from the majority of the cabinet, the President has the power to fire each of them (the cabinet, not the VP) instantly and without cause. If Trump sniffs out that some of his cabinet are plotting to use the 25th Amendment he has every legal right to preemptively fire them all.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

I can only conclude that this person doesn't understand what the Statue of Liberty represents or what it stands for.

Holy christ that makes me ill.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Rushi posted:

Private in the US Army.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

FizFashizzle posted:

night shift sitter at a healthcare facility.

its weird this seems like a p good job I know a lot of people do, but in my area you work directly at the persons house as the night sitter and I don't have a license which is required for emergency transport

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Krispy Kareem posted:

Private in the US Army.

you are creative and have interesting interpretations

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Rushi posted:

food industry.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Conspiratiorist posted:

No, it's good, I should've done like a according to Trump who waited for all the facts or something

God he's such a poo poo.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
however when i first started at little caesars they had tuition reimbursement for college credits but i bet they don't have that anymore.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

skeleton warrior posted:

Two questions, then:

1) What do you think comes next, assuming that the abuse cycle continues? Does Trump back off for a bit because he's mollified, or does he escalate?

He escalates from here and will every time. At best you can buy yourself a brief respite while Trump recharges his batteries (as happened when Kelly came on board) but in the end he will always escalate. (And always by leaps and bounds, there is no bottom and you are never near it.) And Trump will keep escalating right up until he is literally exhorting his followers into organized violence against his enemies.

quote:

2) From your perspective, what would be the best sign that the cabinet/staff is willing to break the abuse cycle? What should we be expecting to see in advance of them trying to pull a 25th Amendment or mass resignation?

These people are not going to break the abuse cycle. At best a few might jump ship, but Trump will have to forcefully removed by forces not under the influence of his inner circle. The question of "What would it take for Trumps inner circle to turn in him" is the equivalent of "What would it take for Scientologists to turn on L. Ron Hubbard". there simply is no scenario wherein Trumps inner circle breaks the abuse cycle. Trump is a both a severely dysfunction cult leader riding a tide of white supremacism and the literal most powerful man in the world.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Aug 18, 2017

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Is there a rally in Boston this weekend?

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Krispy Kareem posted:

Private in the US Army.

They get hazard pay if they ever get into a combat zone, right?

Civil Lies
Sep 3, 2008

CascadeBeta posted:

This is some tower of babel poo poo right here. Has it not crossed their minds even once that Trump is actually the worst person to champion as some sort of messiah/savior figure? Have these people never heard of false prophets?

I didn't think I'd have to check off the "blacks out the sun" box on my "Is Trump the Anti-Christ" bingo card but here we are.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

Given that we've had shield walls clashing recently, I don't know if this is a good idea.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/17/texas-about-to-legalize-open-carry-big-knives-and-swords.html

insert a bunch of metal gear rising quotes here.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Why does trump have a hand for a foot?

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

food industry.

that sounds like working on my feet

i'm talkin' like "overnight gas attendant"

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

GOP can't leave senile old grandpa at home or he'll accidentally set the house on fire again, so they load him up in the van to go shopping for tax breaks. Mitch is driving, and grandpa's in the front passenger seat for the leg room, but he won't stop grabbing the wheel and swerving the van. On the way they stop to pick up some health care reform, but grandpa won't stop yelling at the clerk. People in line are telling them they should leave, and the GOP tries to tell them it'll just take a minute to pick up what they want, but a few of them start walking back to the van, so the whole GOP just loads grandpa back in to head to the tax break store. Now grandpa is yelling at Mitch to go back to the health care store, so Mitch just pulls over to take a month-long smoke break on the side of the road. In the meantime, grandpa tries to wander off to join a KKK parade down the street. The GOP tries to walk him back to the van, but he's spotted a headline in a newspaper stand, and now he won't stop yelling PIGS' BLOOD.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a rally in Boston this weekend?

Yes. The Nazis are fenced in, the counter protestors are supposed to surround them. Police in between.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Democrazy posted:

They get hazard pay if they ever get into a combat zone, right?

Yeah but you have to first prove you died from it before they pay out.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Prester Jane posted:

He escalates from here and will every time. At best you can buy yourself a brief respite while Trump recharges his batteries (as happened when Kelly came on board) but in the end he will always escalate. (And always by leaps and bounds, there is no bottom and you are never near it.) And Trump will keep escalating right up until he is literally exhorting his followers into organized violence against his enemies.

These people are not going to break the abuse cycle. At best a few might jump ship, but Trump will have to forcefully removed by forces not under the influence of his inner circle. The question of "What would it take for Trumpos inner circle to turn in him" question is the equivalent of "What would it take for Scientologists to turn on L. Ron Hubbard". there simply is no scenario wherein Trumps inner circle breaks the abuse cycle. Trump is a both a severely dysfunction cult leader riding a tide of white supremacism and the literal most powerful man in the world.

From your perspective, what happens with respect to the immediate fallout in his inner circle if he keels over from a heart attack/stroke?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Your tired? SAD!
Your weak? LOSERS!
Your huddle masses yearning to be free? FAKE NEWS!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Rushi posted:

that sounds like working on my feet

i'm talkin' like "overnight gas attendant"

probably higher chance of getting shot there than "private in the us army"

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

There Bias Two posted:

From your perspective, what happens with respect to the immediate fallout in his inner circle if he keels over from a heart attack/stroke?

They all embrace massive conspiracy theories about how Trump was murdered by the Deep State while holding press conferences that turn their fallen champion into a martyr.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

DreamShipWrecked posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/898547379451740160

Trump sits at a desk with "kill all Muslims" written on a paper in front of him, while his aides text to reporters about how dumb he is.

Fixed for accuracy.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Charlz Guybon posted:

Given that we've had shield walls clashing recently, I don't know if this is a good idea.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/17/texas-about-to-legalize-open-carry-big-knives-and-swords.html

honestly I'm cool with blades being generally legalized because usually they're invoked when a black guy who works construction or shipping or something gets pulled over with his work knife on him

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

food industry.

If you're talking fast food that might be the worst. It's like retail only more stressful and you go home stinking.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Oxyclean posted:

If you're talking fast food that might be the worst. It's like retail only more stressful and you go home stinking.

all my clothes smelled like flour for the longest time.

however there's also unlimited access to drugs and generally cool people.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fangz posted:

We must not forget that only 50% of americans think the charlottesville nazis were 'mostly wrong'. It's still complacent to think that merely depicting the nazis doing their nazi and fighting anti-nazis is enough to defeat them.

this country sucks so hard

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Mordaedil posted:

I can only conclude that this person doesn't understand what the Statue of Liberty represents or what it stands for.

Holy christ that makes me ill.

Haven't you heard Steven Miller? The Statue of Liberty is a symbol of American Exceptionalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z-tOhfpEow&t=41s

Zeppelin Insanity fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 18, 2017

qmark
Nov 21, 2005

College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

Yes. The Nazis are fenced in, the counter protestors are supposed to surround them. Police in between.

Here is the counter protest: https://www.facebook.com/events/165697793990647

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Trump joint-locks the Statue of Liberty as he lowers her into the sea, 2017, colorized

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Trump is the kid from It's A Good Life.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Charlz Guybon posted:

:reddit: I will fight the evil black men with hanzo steel. :reddit:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Re: removing Confederate traitors from history, one of the largest high schools in Arlington County is named Washington-Lee High School. There is now a petition circulating to rename it:

https://campaigns.organizefor.org/petitions/rename-washington-lee-high-school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

We must not forget that only 50% of americans think the charlottesville nazis were 'mostly wrong'. It's still complacent to think that merely depicting the nazis doing their nazi and fighting anti-nazis is enough to defeat them.

That doesn't seem right, where are you seeing that data? Only like 70% of republicans think that, there's no way 50% is the highest we got.

• Locked thread