Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

Stargaryen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

:confused:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Barreft posted:

What is your problem?

That was just a joke. Because you ended the post with "beat Jon's rear end." I didn't mean any offense m'lord.

Adonis
Oct 15, 2004
Greek gods almighty!
The three headed dragon is going to be Tyrion, who is half Targaryen, fisting himself in the corner while Jon and Dany gently caress.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Barreft posted:

If it wasn't good, it wouldn't be popular, and it wouldn't have gotten all the seasons it has, HBO would have cancelled it.

Things that are objectively good:

1 - Two and a half men (one of the best sitcoms of all time, since it was popular)
2 - Annoying youtube celebrities who scream into their mics for attention (since they're popular)
3 - Hitler (since he was popular)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

GaussianCopula posted:

There will be no North to send them to though.

The Wall has fallen and the Night King is moving South with an army of the Undead, who can march day and night. He will arrive in Winterfell (even though it would be smarter to just go Last Hearth, Dreadfort, White Harbour, Moat Caillin) long before any army in the south can mobilize and move North.

And if the Night King were super smart (again, he ain't), he would just take his dragon, load up 5 White Walkers and fly them next to Gulltown, Oldtown, Lannisport, White Harbour and King's Landing, dropping them of in a small village next to the city to raise their first few Wights and go from there. Once they have overrun those major population centers, who have no idea how to deal with White Walkers, he has won.

Can any white walker raise the dead or is it just mr.night king?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
With a dragon he's more like a Nicegul now :v:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Night king now has a dragon so all it would take now for him to become the most popular character is he could flash a boob or two.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zzulu posted:

Things that are objectively good:

1 - Two and a half men (one of the best sitcoms of all time, since it was popular)
2 - Annoying youtube celebrities who scream into their mics for attention (since they're popular)

Those things aren't objectively good, it's just an objective fact that a lot of people think they're good. You're free to think that they all have poo poo taste, though.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

precision posted:

now that the Night King has a mount, he can be a...

Night Ranger

:kickinrad:

Excuse me he is very obviously medieval not late western era. He is going to be a Knight Rider.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Zzulu posted:

Can any white walker raise the dead or is it just mr.night king?

Given that "their" Wights die if they die I assume every white walker can or at least can act as a relay for the Night Kings power.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Who made him King anyway. Rise up and overthrow the zombie opressive monarchial government. Seize the means of zombie production.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
This could just be a visual illusion (maybe the reflection of the camera man?) but it appears as though Longclaw is opening its eyes when Jon emerges from the water

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

This could just be a visual illusion (maybe the reflection of the camera man?) but it appears as though Longclaw is opening its eyes when Jon emerges from the water

Probably a shift in the light as I doubt they are that clever, but cool looking nonetheless

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I think it's a drop of water on the camera

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I dunno earlier in the episode when Jon and J-Bear discuss the sword its eyes are clearly black, like it looks after they 'open up', it looks like it has to be an intentional effect to me -

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
It's an intentional effect to feed the GoTindustrial complex with a series of "Easter Egg in episode 7 that you missed" videos/posts.

It's this kind of stuff not existing in GoT that differentiated it from other fantasy shows in the beginning, but I guess that ship has long sailed.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

esperterra posted:

It is a good show. You're not wrong about that.

But is it as good as it was in seasons 1-4? No. And that's why we bitch. Because we like the show and we care.

It's good in different ways.

The battles and set pieces in seasons 5-7 are better than the battles and set pieces in seasons 1-4 by a pretty massive margin, and the show largely revolves around those now.

It's a big budget Hollywood spectacle with adult content now.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 18, 2017

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

It's an intentional effect to feed the GoTindustrial complex with a series of "Easter Egg in episode 7 that you missed" videos/posts.

It's this kind of stuff not existing in GoT that differentiated it from other fantasy shows in the beginning, but I guess that ship has long sailed.

You have to be mentally ill to believe this.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Wait wasn't the wight hunt Tyrion's stupid idea? And he doesn't want to attack King's Landing? So what exactly was his plan if Danaerys didn't rescue all the level 20 dudes and their quarry?

I know. Bad writing.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Nail Rat posted:

Wait wasn't the wight hunt Tyrion's stupid idea? And he doesn't want to attack King's Landing? So what exactly was his plan if Danaerys didn't rescue all the level 20 dudes and their quarry?

I know. Bad writing.

He's secretly been working for Cersei the whole time

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Another reminder that Team Wolves & Dragons has a level 35 shapeshifting assassin who can take out Cersei with zero negative consequence and end the southern war in 5 minutes who's mostly just been harassing her sister with infantile bullshit the entire the season instead of doing anything useful with her vast magical powers, powers which we've endured two agonizing seasons full of training montages to see her earn.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Also "the dragon has three heads" prophecy still works. I think Poor Quentyn or one of the other theorists said that basically the dragon = Jon, and the heads are various crowns or titles (King in the North, King of the Seven Kingdoms, etc). No way of knowing if being Lord Commander counts though.

I never thought of this, but I like it.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this one of the episodes where just reading the spoilers wouldn't do it justice. I thought the plot stuff was dumb, but the action was entertaining and we got more dragons. All in all, I was entertained.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Seems like it's been a pretty epic season of my favorite TV show, Game of Thrones.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Seems like it's been a pretty epic season of my favorite TV show, Game of Thrones.

Same. I suspect you and I might have a slightly higher tolerance than most for sitting through less entertaining episodes because we know a good one is coming up soon though.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I dunno earlier in the episode when Jon and J-Bear discuss the sword its eyes are clearly black, like it looks after they 'open up', it looks like it has to be an intentional effect to me -

I think the eye is transparent and you’re seeing his coat (and his hand in the gif) through it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

Same. I suspect you and I might have a slightly higher tolerance than most for sitting through less entertaining episodes because we know a good one is coming up soon though.

I also don't really give a poo poo about logistics being handwaved away in the name of pacing, but I do miss the slower paced dialogue scenes. e

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Duggler posted:

He's secretly been working for Cersei the whole time

Season 7 opens with Tyrion balls deep in Cersei, book it.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

I know. Bad writing.

God I hate how all the protagonists have become so incompetent and stupid now...and it's not just for this season either.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I also don't really give a poo poo about logistics being handwaved away in the name of pacing, but I do miss the slower paced dialogue scenes. e

If that dumb Sansa/Arya scene is what we're going to get from slower-paced dialogue, I can't say I miss it much. Let the wooden actors with bad direction deliver their rushed exposition, more tits and dragons please.

Counterpoint: Jamie/Olenna was good. But note that Diana Rigg is a total boss and also her character is dead now.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Hey you remember that assassin literally made out smoke we made lets never ever do that again because being pregnant sucked not worth it.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Nail Rat posted:

I know. Bad writing.

I want to say his plan was to send nameless unimportant characters to go fetch the wight, not Jon or eventually Dany, but they volunteered themselves because plot.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
They are all a bunch of dumb shitheads for refusing to strike KL for "humanitarian reasons"

If they just torch the loving castle, the war is instantly over and everyone can go fight the incoming doom, which is the most humanitarian outcome possible. Nobody would give two fucks about the people Daenerys killed in KL after she saves all humanity from ice zombie apocalypse

edit: probably people would already be very willing to forgive the damage and deaths considering it would kill the cruel evil tyrant who blew up a good portion of the city, including the very popular pope, in her rise to power. I mean, if the people even cared about that, which they should, but apparently dont. But then again, if people are so ok with Cersei's carnage, why would they care about mostly soldiers and nobleman who would die if the dragons torched the Red Keep

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 18, 2017

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Diddie posted:

I want to say his plan was to send nameless unimportant characters to go fetch the wight, not Jon or eventually Dany, but they volunteered themselves because plot.

Well that ship had sailed at that point; what would he have counseled had she not gone for the rescue? If Jon Snow, Thoros of Myr, Beric Dondarrion, Gendry the Rower, the Hound, Jorah Mormont, and Tormund couldn't make it back alive from that task, who would? Does Tyrion know the Twenty Good Men?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Elias_Maluco posted:

They are all a bunch of dumb shitheads for refusing to strike KL for "humanitarian reasons"

If they just torch the loving castle, the war is instantly over and everyone can go fight the incoming doom, which is the most humanitarian outcome possible. Nobody would give two fucks about the people Daenerys killed in KL after she saves all humanity from ice zombie apocalypse

edit: probably people would already be very willing to forgive the damage and deaths considering it would kill the cruel evil tyrant who blew up a good portion of the city, including the very popular pope, in her rise to power. I mean, if the people even cared about that, which they should, but apparently dont. But then again, if people are so ok with Cersei's carnage, why would they care about mostly soldiers and nobleman who would die if the dragons torched the Red Keep

you are westerosi donald trump

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Elias_Maluco posted:

Excuse me Ser but the sept was poisoned by our enemies.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Elias_Maluco posted:

Look we already went over this: clearly the better solution is to starve all the peasants in King's Landing with a siege! All the survivors will love Dany!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Cersei is a good ruler. She eliminated corruption, paid off their national debt, and is protecting the people from foreign invaders. Dany is the bad guy here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What is the leading theory on why Melisandre went to Volantis?

• Locked thread