Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
The $100,000 target is something special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
A couple of days left of Legacy: Life Among the Ruins.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1549920133/legacy-life-among-the-ruins-2nd-edition?ref=user_menu

It seems like real fun system for those that like generational games and fallout. The system also has four other settings that are based on:

-Primal Pathways: Being primordial gods and raising up a lifeforms
-Generation Ship: Taking care of a ship on its 1000 year voyage to your new home
-Free from the Yoke: Fantasy setting where an occupying force has left the mainland and all the families attempt to grab as much power as possible in the vacuum.
-Godsend: Be a god in the greek pantheon working to conclude or subvert prophecy during the end times.

If you back it you can get the first edition book and get a feel for how the new edition will play.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jedit posted:

I've been seriously tempted to run an SA Forums game of En Garde! It's great fun as a casual pastime run in real time and I think I still have the moderation software somewhere - if I don't I can probably ask Pevans for it.
En Garde! is great. A strikingly well-formed early RPG (from 1975!) and an intriguing path-not-taken (very different from D&D's wargame on graph paper model). It also explains where some of original Traveller's weirder design choices came from. Someone needs to F&F it, at least (not me, I'm more of an "ideas guy").

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1549920133/legacy-life-among-the-ruins-2nd-edition?ref=user_menu

It seems like real fun system for those that like generational games and fallout. The system also has four other settings that are based on:

-Generation Ship: Taking care of a ship on its 1000 year voyage to your new home
-Free from the Yoke: Fantasy setting where an occupying force has left the mainland and all the families attempt to grab as much power as possible in the vacuum.
-Godsend: Be a god in the greek pantheon working to conclude or subvert prophecy during the end times.

If you back it you can get the first edition book and get a feel for how the new edition will play.

Not to mention I have a free quickstart available if you want to try a one-shot of the game where you get to drop giant robots on weirdo titan monsters :iia:

Flavivirus fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Aug 18, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Iron Sky: The Roleplying Game

Yep.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

It uses a d1000 system and is staffed with a ton of Hero System people. This thing will be unplayable as hell.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hey, do you have a hole in your life where you're missing some sort of Club where you can be a Penguin? Have I got the game for you!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The_Doctor posted:

Hey, do you have a hole in your life where you're missing some sort of Club where you can be a Penguin? Have I got the game for you!

The very first thing I notice is that there's player elimination but eliminated players continue to be able to attack other players afterwards even though they can't actually win the game, which sounds like someone looked at the kingmaking problem and thought to themselves "how can I make this even more likely to cause heated arguments at the gaming table?"

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
It looks terrible, and I kind of want it in spite (because of?) it's terribleness.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hiro Protagonist posted:

It looks terrible, and I kind of want it in spite (because of?) it's terribleness.
I'm pretty sure that's the mindset they're banking on.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I thought that about the film. I think I lasted nearly quarter of an hour

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012

I know this is like, last page, but...

Was taken from: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/orgW

Specifically this image:

Something tells me they didn't get permission to use the image for their Kickstarter. Also I appreciate just how photoshopped everything looks in this image:

That books is totally real and not just awkwardly plopped onto a table with different lighting. And the box. And the miniatures. And the map.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hm. Someone should probably contact the original artist and let them know, that poo poo is not okay.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
For those of you who backed the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy KS at the PDF level, the PDFs have been released. Check for an email from Warehouse 23.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

So, is this intentionally bad as a joke, like the movie?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Covok posted:

So, is this intentionally bad as a joke, like the movie?

yea but imagine if instead of getting high and watching it with your friends you all spent an evening learning complex rules and had to write the movie yourself

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Ysengrin posted:

I know this is like, last page, but...

Was taken from: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/orgW

Specifically this image:

Something tells me they didn't get permission to use the image for their Kickstarter. Also I appreciate just how photoshopped everything looks in this image:

Most of the "models" look like they were intended for something horror-themed and not at all meant for a superhero game.

Unless, you know, you were doing Midnight Sons, the Strictly 90s Ghost Rider RPG.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Among the Superhero 2044 guy's other Kickstarters is this one for MONSTRA: ZOMBIE DESTROYER which, according to the description, is "a 125 page full color graphic novel printed on the highest quality glossy paper stock."

For some strange reason this also didn't fund, though at least it doesn't seem like he ripped a bunch of other peoples' art assets off for this one in the process.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
How do people feel about this one?

I've backed at the £10 level based on art and premise, and I'll probably stick with that if for no other reason than it'll be an interesting F&F, but it's waving a few overconfidence flags.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Looked like a cool pitch for a setting and they're not charging an arm or a leg, but the system doesn't inspire confidence. The art's pretty neat though!

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

potatocubed posted:

How do people feel about this one?

I've backed at the £10 level based on art and premise, and I'll probably stick with that if for no other reason than it'll be an interesting F&F, but it's waving a few overconfidence flags.

For that price, why not?

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Three days left for the Spellbound Kingdoms sourcebook, in case that was on your radar. It'd be really nice if it hit the 9000 stretch goal; the equipment list was legit one of the best parts of the core book, so I'd love to see what Frank has come up with for the bad guys.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Haystack posted:

Three days left for the Spellbound Kingdoms sourcebook, in case that was on your radar. It'd be really nice if it hit the 9000 stretch goal; the equipment list was legit one of the best parts of the core book, so I'd love to see what Frank has come up with for the bad guys.
Ouch, that campaign really stalled out.

I actually had forgotten I'd pledged for it. I'm keeping that pledge, but wow.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

dwarf74 posted:

As long as it hits goal, that's enough, in my book. A lot of people get obsessed with "stretchgoals" that they forget the point is to just get the product made and out-the-door. Anything else is gravy.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah, so long as it delivers, that's all that matters. It's weird reading his emails that seem so scatterbrained and poorly written.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

dwarf74 posted:

I think a lot of folks were mad about the extra chapter PDF thing modeled after Deluxe BITD's thing and he didn't want to go back on it.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Flavivirus posted:

Not to mention I have a free quickstart available if you want to try a one-shot of the game where you get to drop giant robots on weirdo titan monsters :iia:

Hey, my finger is hovering over the back button for Legacy. The art looks fantastic and I really enjoyed reading through the demo you put out. Just a quick question for you. Are the physical extras, like the dry erase sheets and the alternate setting box set going to be available retail after the kickstarter is fulfilled? Not sure if I can shell out for them now, but I would love to pick them up later if possible.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
If you're not sure whether to back Spellbound Kingdoms: Arcana in its final 48 hours, why bother paying for things when you can win them for free? I'm running a competition right now on this very forum with copies of SK:Arcana and the Spellbound corebook as prizes. There's 5 copies to give away and right now only two people have entered, so if you fart out an MS Paint drawing you currently stand to win free poo poo! :getin:

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

ZachAttack posted:

Hey, my finger is hovering over the back button for Legacy. The art looks fantastic and I really enjoyed reading through the demo you put out. Just a quick question for you. Are the physical extras, like the dry erase sheets and the alternate setting box set going to be available retail after the kickstarter is fulfilled? Not sure if I can shell out for them now, but I would love to pick them up later if possible.

Yeah, all the addons will be up for sale post-kickstarter - I'm not a fan of Kickstarter exclusives. I'll also have a pledge manager pre-order period until we ship the books in January, of course, where you'll be able to buy extra addons if you like. Glad you liked the quickstart!

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ZachAttack posted:

If Castlevania mode doesn't convince you to back, you need to rethink your hobby priorities.

:drac: So hype for this.

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

Flavivirus posted:

Yeah, all the addons will be up for sale post-kickstarter - I'm not a fan of Kickstarter exclusives. I'll also have a pledge manager pre-order period until we ship the books in January, of course, where you'll be able to buy extra addons if you like. Glad you liked the quickstart!

Awesome, good to know. Thanks!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

If Castlevania mode doesn't convince you to back, you need to rethink your hobby priorities.

:drac: So hype for this.

It all looks great, really just a matter of when I pick it up for me. Gencon took a lot of my gaming capital, its nice to spread it out when I can.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I got a little lost in the unlocked stretch goals - what tier should I grab if I want print copies of as many books (core and supplements) as possible?

Thanks! \/\/

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 23, 2017

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

Peas and Rice posted:

I got a little lost in the unlocked stretch goals - what tier should I grab if I want print copies of as many books (core and supplements) as possible?

If you pledge at the £30 tier and add and extra £30 that'll get you the core book in hardback, and the 5 extra settings in softcover. You'll also get every supplement we've unlocked in PDF. If you want, you could also pledge £15 to get an art book or an extra £15 to get dry-erase handout sheets.

WiiFitForWindows8
Oct 14, 2013
What was SA's thoughts on Invisible Sun?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

'Wow, you sure paid a lot of money for a plastic hand that can't even jack you off.'

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mors Rattus posted:

'Wow, you sure paid a lot of money for a plastic hand that can't even jack you off.'

We won't know that it can't jack you off until release, to be fair. At least it has a fun name!

I can't wait to see if a single copy sells post kickstarter. Other than hand selling it at conventions it seems impossible.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Guy at our monthly boardgame meet up is a huge Monte Cook fan and backed at one of the crazy tiers. He's promised to run a one-shot of the game once it comes out. Definitely doing a trip report.

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Looks like the Dark Souls pledge manager is opening up again. Does that goon hack (double the XP, halve something else) make the game fun, or just less bad? I want to back it for miniatures, but I'd like to have a good game to play if I'm going to invest more into it.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

WiiFitForWindows8 posted:

What was SA's thoughts on Invisible Sun?

Monte Cook discovered Unknown Armies and Scientology's business model in the same week.

LongDarkNight posted:

Guy at our monthly boardgame meet up is a huge Monte Cook fan and backed at one of the crazy tiers. He's promised to run a one-shot of the game once it comes out. Definitely doing a trip report.

I know a guy who loves Monte Cook a lot and has bought heavily into it as well. I just don't see the draw but it's his money and he's wealthy enough that he's not bankrupting himself to buy a resin hand and a black mystery box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

demota posted:

Looks like the Dark Souls pledge manager is opening up again. Does that goon hack (double the XP, halve something else) make the game fun, or just less bad? I want to back it for miniatures, but I'd like to have a good game to play if I'm going to invest more into it.

Its not a goonhack, its official errata for a 'quick game' lol still 2 hours at least.

And yes it makes the game good/fun BUUUUUUT the game is only good at 1 or 2 players and better by far at 2. Its a real slog at 3 or 4 and a cool puzzle out enemies game at 2. Let me know if you got more questions. I played it a bunch but I have a unique setup.