Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sarcopenia posted:

Now do the opposite one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Queen's Bicycle Race owns bones.

Probably my favorite song about bikes, then Pink Floyd's.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Thanks fam'.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It's honestly weird to me that Queen gets held up as a totemic representation of Real Serious Rock and Roll against Evil Degenerate Hip-Hop when they're the band that made one of the first booty jams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
"Now shake it up, baby (shake it up baby)//You know you twist so fine (twist so fine)" - Words that John Lennon actually sang in 1963

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7P1qe4Tsnc

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't really have a stock in the music argument though, since I don't really just put on the radio or open up spotify or whatever people actually use now. I just know my tastes are garbage and if you say that you enjoy the same thing then I just don't feel the need to reiterate that every eight minutes.

Having only listened to two of their songs, I don't think Nickleback is as awful as people say, for example.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Yep

All these thinkpieces and video takedowns are like putting on a suit of armor to do battle with a patch of dogshit.

Yeah but it's fun to watch some fully armored people tilting at the dogshit, much in the same way it's fun to watch compilations of people attempting a stunt and then falling over.

ETA: In this analogy, CinemaSins are the people falling over, and the people doing the takedowns are the compilation.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Puppy Time posted:

Yeah but it's fun to watch some fully armored people tilting at the dogshit, much in the same way it's fun to watch compilations of people attempting a stunt and then falling over.

ETA: In this analogy, CinemaSins are the people falling over, and the people doing the takedowns are the compilation.

nah

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sarcopenia posted:

"The normies just want to listen to lady Googoo and Kanye East or what ever they're called instead of listening to superior musicians such as Queen and Led Zeppelin."

People like to have fun and for a lot of people having fun means not having to think about things too much.
I always love when people use Kanye as an example there, if you look into the total work he puts into his songs (both the rapping, vocals and production) it's insane.

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Sarcopenia posted:

Missed this on the last page. I'm very sad to hear this because I really like your stuff and have enjoyed seeing you grow. But yeah take care of yourself man. It sounds like you have some good an exciting stuff going on in your life.
Ps. I really like your art. Especially your bird stuff. And I totally have a friend I'm going to buy your book for.

Thank you so much! I don't know for sure what I'm going to be doing RE the show, but the fact that I've only managed to make one video this year seems to be an indication of..something. I hope they like the book!

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

It's honestly weird to me that Queen gets held up as a totemic representation of Real Serious Rock and Roll against Evil Degenerate Hip-Hop when they're the band that made one of the first booty jams https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

Musics is the same.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Haircuts got worse is what happened.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Infamous Sphere posted:

Thank you so much! I don't know for sure what I'm going to be doing RE the show, but the fact that I've only managed to make one video this year seems to be an indication of..something. I hope they like the book!

I hope you do well and feel well in what ever you figure out!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Haircuts got worse is what happened.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQPWI7cEJGs&feature=push-u-sub&attr_tag=WhPi4h8ETn5JelGp-6

Contra is at it again <3

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zedd posted:

I always love when people use Kanye as an example there, if you look into the total work he puts into his songs (both the rapping, vocals and production) it's insane.

Any good pieces on this? This is the ICDT, after all - the craft behind art is kind of our thing.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Listen to C

Darth Walrus posted:

Any good pieces on this? This is the ICDT, after all - the craft behind art is kind of our thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West_production_discography

There's a reason why Jay-Z puts up with his poo poo.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

:black101: Sisterhood of the Blood :black101:
This fall, starring Michelle Hendley and Emma Roberts and Jamie Lee Curtis

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CinemaSins sucks massive poo poo.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

RareAcumen posted:

Having only listened to two of their songs, I don't think Nickleback is as awful as people say, for example.

Are you sure you've only heard two? That could be their all greatest hits you're listening to... ;)

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ONfa_3zh70

Is a good example of the way one of his songs is build up.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Big lol at the fuckin morons in the comments already trying to defend their backwards TERF garbage views.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

This video is noticeably light on comedy. I absolutely hate how some people psychoanalyze Internet personalities but as she is actually going through transitioning and stuff, I do have to wonder if this mock debate is something she goes through over and over in her head. I'm not trans but I do that sort of thing all the time.

It was informative as always but it did make me a bit uncomfortable because this poo poo happens in real life far too often.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Lol this idea that cinema sins constitutes any kind of actual threat to criticism continues to be hilarious.

Maybe they are a serious competitor for your average internet critic, I guess, since both are shallow, make no demands on the intellect or attention span, and chiefly set out to be entertaining. Internet critics try to be proper critics sometimes, which limits their appeal to bored Internet users who are just looking for a laugh, so maybe that's why they're so threatened by the idea of someone putting in even less effort than they do.

This one is about a director calling it crap so I dunno where you're getting it being from jealous critics.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Zedd posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ONfa_3zh70

Is a good example of the way one of his songs is build up.

gently caress i never heard the James brown yeah sample in there before and I've used that exact same sample myself a few times

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

stillvisions posted:

Are you sure you've only heard two? That could be their all greatest hits you're listening to... ;)

Hero and Look at this Photograph.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Yardbomb posted:

Big lol at the fuckin morons in the comments already trying to defend their backwards TERF garbage views.

It's like they didn't even watch Contra down those ribs like a boss.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Motto posted:

This one is about a director calling it crap so I dunno where you're getting it being from jealous critics.

Director didn't write that article

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Great as usual.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

This video is noticeably light on comedy. I absolutely hate how some people psychoanalyze Internet personalities but as she is actually going through transitioning and stuff, I do have to wonder if this mock debate is something she goes through over and over in her head. I'm not trans but I do that sort of thing all the time.
I really hope she is okay, to us as her audience her going from "internet guy that likes to crossdress" to genderqueer to transfemale has been fast, but it has no doubt been in her head for ages. It's very lovely to doubt her conviction and she doesn't seem like the person to make these decisions too fast but I do hope she is okay mentally, insofar that is possible in these rough times coming to terms with herself.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe she has enough YouTube revenue to do what she always wanted to do?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDTmgHCVWgg

History Buffs: Rome Season 1.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yay my favorite HBO show

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

RareAcumen posted:

i always look for new opportunities to share that time nickelback decided to be maroon 5 for some fuckin reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfB_K4RGtDo

this isn't even their worst song, just their most baffling

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

financially racist posted:

i always look for new opportunities to share that time nickelback decided to be maroon 5 for some fuckin reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfB_K4RGtDo

this isn't even their worst song, just their most baffling

That intro seemed perfect for a horror movie.

They knock, a pair of screams and they are eaten by a Grue.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
oh wait people are realizing that its stupid as hell to get mad at cinemasins when their main demographic is bored teens/stupid people?

thank god, i've been saying that for years.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

RareAcumen posted:

That intro seemed perfect for a horror movie.

They knock, a pair of screams and they are eaten by a Grue.

being in a nickelback video is a fate far worse than anyone ever suffered in a horror movie

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The thick layer of smugness infused into Cinema Sins, combined with its consistent ability to be wrong, is like a white hot beacon for smarter folk to come take a swing at it.

In short,

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would be very happy if their channel was closed tbh

Bad content is bad content. Too bad Ian has better fish to fry other wise I'd love a content cop for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

CelticPredator posted:

I would be very happy if their channel was closed tbh

Bad content is bad content. Too bad Ian has better fish to fry other wise I'd love a content cop for them.

If they stopped existing, middlebrow hacks everywhere would lose a reason to justify a lack of effort

• Locked thread