Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

JustJeff88 posted:

I only took a few pictures myself for the Compendium and bought the rest, and I wish that I could erase mine because they all look like crap. The ones that I bought universally look nice and it makes my self-taken ones appear even more miserable. I was all prepared to go around the world snapping photos of things and then quickly realised that I am shite at photography.

It's not your fault. When you take a picture, it seems like it tries as hard as it can to not have the object in the square.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I already beat this on Wii U now I've started again on Switch. Is the DLC worth it? And the thing that shows where you have walked on the map, will it work on my game in progress or does it require a new file to be started?

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Aaagghhhhhh getting my rear end kicked in the beginning master trials is so demoralizing. I really wish Link would like...When I Z target someone, it's fine if the camera doesn't want to stay behind him or whatever, but it keeps leading to moments where Link backflips instead of sidehopping like I want, or sidehopping instead of backflipping like I want. Also someone told me that flurry attacking would keep your weapons from breaking and they're a filthy liar!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

African AIDS cum posted:

I already beat this on Wii U now I've started again on Switch. Is the DLC worth it? And the thing that shows where you have walked on the map, will it work on my game in progress or does it require a new file to be started?

I think so just for Trial of the Sword and yes, it will show your progress from even before you had the DLC up to 200 hours of in-game time.

Also the DLC pack you can buy now also includes the presumably more meaty story content coming later this year.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

This may be old hat for some folks but I stumbled upon Farosh's spawing grounds! :monocle:

Edit: I love that I'm STILL finding new (to me) stuff in this game!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

African AIDS cum posted:

It showed my path from when I started the game back in March.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think so just for Trial of the Sword and yes, it will show your progress from even before you had the DLC up to 200 hours of in-game time.

Also the DLC pack you can buy now also includes the presumably more meaty story content coming later this year.

The 200 hours is only approximate; I stopped playing at about 205 hours because I didn't want to get burned out, and give it a rest before the second DLC pack, but my timeline is only about 2/3 to 3/4 filled. I must spend a lot of time standing still or something.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

i'm wondering if I should buy the expansion pack. I know it's hard to see if it's worth it until the second pack comes out since that one looks good. I almost want to just buy it automatically because I love this game and it's only 20 bucks.

EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
If you have the spare 20 bucks, do it

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Spergatory posted:

Yes. Any weapon present in the overworld or held by an enemy will respawn with a blood moon. It's really only chests and their contents that don't respawn.

There are several spots that spawn a good collection of weapons outside of Hyrule Castle. Most stables have a hammer or wood axe hanging and almost always a torch. There are more then a few elemental weapons stuck in the ground in random isolated places too.

Probably the hardest things to reliably find are arrows. Usually you'll have to buy out Beedle and merchants or just collect arrows from weak enemies. Master Mode its a lot better because so many enemies drop elemental arrows which are far more useful.

Honestly, even master mode once you're an expert at the dodging mechanics you can harvest Hyrule Castle and fill up on royal weapons easy enough.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

pentyne posted:

There are several spots that spawn a good collection of weapons outside of Hyrule Castle. Most stables have a hammer or wood axe hanging and almost always a torch. There are more then a few elemental weapons stuck in the ground in random isolated places too.

Probably the hardest things to reliably find are arrows. Usually you'll have to buy out Beedle and merchants or just collect arrows from weak enemies. Master Mode its a lot better because so many enemies drop elemental arrows which are far more useful.

Honestly, even master mode once you're an expert at the dodging mechanics you can harvest Hyrule Castle and fill up on royal weapons easy enough.

If it's arrows you're after, head to Zora's Domain. Every lizalfos you kill on the path to Zora's Domain (starting where you meet Sidon) and in Upland Zorana will drop between five and ten arrows. Every single one. Even the ones that don't have bows or any weapons at all. You can get 200-300 arrows per blood moon by harvesting them. It's really quite absurd.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Out of wonder, with the regen mechanics in Master is it still viable to beat guardians by chain parrying their laser with your shield? It was never very efficient on the flying ones, but the stalkers only took 2-3 parries and I found it a better way to dispatch them than going ham once you got the timing down.

BoyBlunder
Sep 17, 2008
Is there a good place to find wild horses for me to train?

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

BoyBlunder posted:

Is there a good place to find wild horses for me to train?

There are several horse spawns all over Hyrule. Coming off the plateau you should be able to see some around Hyrule Field.
The spotted horses are docile and caught/tamed easily but have average stats, the even-coloured ones are harder to calm down but have slightly higher stats. You can see the stats of each horse once you register it to the stable. You also see a % of how well you've bonded with a particular horse. Feeding them (apples, carrots etc) increases this bond, also calming them while riding (L-trigger) helps.

Also, if you leave your horse because you want to climb around some area, and don't want to walk all the way back to retrieve it, just go to the stable and ask take it back out, it will magically bring your horse back.
Or if you have the DLC, drop a teleport marker and go back to where you left the horse once you're done exploring on foot.

There is one area that has horses with highest stats (4-5* across all categories), if you draw a line south from the Hebra tower, across the canyon, then there's a field with a handful of evenly colored horses.

They are very hard to catch/tame unless you have added some extra stamina, or bring some stamina-restoring meals/potions.

Also sneaking up on them can be tricky, even with the stealth-bonus outfit on. It's easier to climb a tree and use the hangglider to land on top of one.

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Aug 18, 2017

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Lizalfos IRL

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Fuckers never make proper eye contact. So rude!

(very cute)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, I finally made the connection last night between "when I get hit by lightning I drop my weapon" and "I have lightning arrows."

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Out of wonder, with the regen mechanics in Master is it still viable to beat guardians by chain parrying their laser with your shield? It was never very efficient on the flying ones, but the stalkers only took 2-3 parries and I found it a better way to dispatch them than going ham once you got the timing down.

Yes, with three parries at close range, Guardian Stalkers will still die. Be warned, though-- Master Mode Guardians can delay their shots after the charge to throw off your timing. And if you miss a parry, you'll have to do at least one extra to kill them completely.

EDIT:

Dictator. posted:

Also sneaking up on them can be tricky, even with the stealth-bonus outfit on. It's easier to climb a tree and use the hangglider to land on top of one.

Fun fact: if you're having trouble sneaking up on a horse and keep getting kicked out of the sky when you try to drop in on them like I was, there is a third option: :iceburn: Use an ice arrow or an ice/blizzard rod to freeze the horse, then walk up beside it and hammer the A button, and you should mount it as soon as it unfreezes. Just... you know... try to tame it in one or two goes, so you don't accidentally kill the horse. :sweatdrop:

Spergatory fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Aug 18, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Pro tip if you want more fairies, max em out then hold 5 of em before walking to the fountain, you can keep 10 or 11.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does Malanya the horse god actually do anything if you purposely kill a bunch of horses?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does Malanya the horse god actually do anything if you purposely kill a bunch of horses?

That would be amazing

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Quick, someone murder a bunch of horses for science.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was gonna say, no one knows because no one is that big of a monster.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope it murders you like the shopkeeper in LA.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I accidentally killed a moblin's horse last night and now I'm worried about visiting the aforementioned place :sweatdrop:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Mega64 posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Quick, someone murder a bunch of horses for science.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

How in the living hell have I missed the merchant with the barbarian, climber, and rubber armor in Tarry Town for so long :psyduck:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

How in the living hell have I missed the merchant with the barbarian, climber, and rubber armor in Tarry Town for so long :psyduck:

He doesn't show up immediately, gotta finish that sidequest first I'm pretty sure.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Bongo Bill posted:

He doesn't show up immediately, gotta finish that sidequest first I'm pretty sure.

Oh I mean I've had Tarry Town for a long, long time now. I just never noticed him before :v:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
You can also find all of those things somewhere in the world without paying.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Zoran posted:

You can also find all of those things somewhere in the world without paying.

Oh I know; I had parts of the outfits, I was just stunned that somebody just had them for sale.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Everything Burrito posted:

I'm terrible at parrying but getting the timing right really feels great, it's been worth practicing because I love being able to pull it off. I like messing around in the fight shrines to practice different battle techniques since it's a controlled environment and you don't have to worry about dumb stuff like whoops now it's night and this big skeleton rear end in a top hat just joined in.

Just reading old posts since I've avoided the thread until now. My favorite one of these was I was fighting a Hynox early in the game (like the second one I ran into so they were still really hard) and I killed him with 2 1/2 hearts remaining and just after I grabbed the dropped goodies the Blood Moon waxed and revived him :stonk::haw:

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Oh I know; I had parts of the outfits, I was just stunned that somebody just had them for sale.

I think he only sells the armor sets if you've found at least 1 piece of the set from the shrines. He also sells a replacement Hylian Shield after the original one breaks.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Woah, good to know. But I still don't have a Hylian shield :(

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Late to the party but man this is a great game. Finally got a Switch and I just spent all day doing the tutorial/camera upgrade and then just running around trying poo poo out. I adore this game. I have no idea what I'm gonna do for divine beast order and junk but it's just all super fun to just run around finding trouble.

My one issue, is there any reliable rupee farming method? So far I've just been cooking like crazy and selling extra food that's just pure healing and all.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

sexpig by night posted:

My one issue, is there any reliable rupee farming method? So far I've just been cooking like crazy and selling extra food that's just pure healing and all.

There's a fast way but it involves spoilers that many people have enjoyed tripping across themselves, so hit the black bar at your own risk. Less fast but non-spoilery methods pretty much involve cracking the mining nodes you find all over the place and selling gems, since you'll get a lot of those and you don't really need them until much later in the game (and the use for them is super optional), or as you mentioned cooking food and selling it.

It involves dragons

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

sexpig by night posted:

Late to the party but man this is a great game. Finally got a Switch and I just spent all day doing the tutorial/camera upgrade and then just running around trying poo poo out. I adore this game. I have no idea what I'm gonna do for divine beast order and junk but it's just all super fun to just run around finding trouble.

Find Hebra Tower in the Northwest of the map. Easy to find if you take the roads that way. just beneath it, there will be a lodge where you can play a snowball rolling game for rupees. great way to make money once you figure out the trick to it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
^^^Oooh, that sounds fun

Yea I lucked into a couple rubies and that got me the hyrule armor set. Guess I'll keep doin that!

Allen_Aldo
Jul 8, 2013
On my second playthrough and I can't find Hetsu for the life of me. I mean I found him the first and second time, but he didn't end up in the magic get lost Forrest. Could he have glitched out of my game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I could have sworn I encountered him 3 times before finding him again in the forest.