Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Senor Tron posted:

He's just another one of the bridge crew permanently pissed off about the posture he has to adopt to use that console.

At least those consoles in the back have chairs, you're not supposed to be standing and using that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
If you guys get a chance to see The Greatest Generation live while they are touring and covering First Contact, I strongly recommend it. Adam and Ben are such babyfaces, and you can get some frigging sweet (if entirely pointless) coins*.

I should've asked if any goons went to tonight's Chicago showing.

* Plus, if you bought the Fancy Edition of TES Oblivion back in the day, you'd have two coins related to things Patrick Stewart was in.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I got that US$10/AU$20 model, it's tiny and adorable.

Sadly it would appear my camera flash is broken so photo quality is poo poo.

There's like a 75% chance that at some point I'll give in, order the other five, and make a traditional Enterprise Display Wall.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Galaxy Quest TV series for Amazon seems to be moving forward again.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/18/galaxy-quest-amazon-tv-series-back-on/

Paul Scheer will be writer.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bull3964 posted:

Galaxy Quest TV series for Amazon seems to be moving forward again.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/18/galaxy-quest-amazon-tv-series-back-on/

Paul Scheer will be writer.

:gowron:

I can't handle three concurrent Treks where Actual Trek is worst Trek

Luckily, Discovery will fail hard on All Access. I really do hope it's actually a watershed moment for networks to realize that balkanized premium streaming services are a bad idea

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

MikeJF posted:

There's like a 75% chance that at some point I'll give in, order the other five, and make a traditional Enterprise Display Wall.

Is that the Eaglemoss?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I still say the Galaxy would look so much better if the saucer ended at the phaser rings.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

MikeJF posted:

How did you get it so cheap? It's showing like $20 plus shipping for me :(

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Watching Final Mission. Wesley's excited about getting excepted to the academy but didn't he already and turned it down?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Wow that's genuinely the grossest Star Trek alien I've ever seen.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

That awkward handshake

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Watching Final Mission. Wesley's excited about getting excepted to the academy but didn't he already and turned it down?

No, didn't he pass the test the last time we saw him?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I still think this guy's the grossest.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

WampaLord posted:

No, didn't he pass the test the last time we saw him?

I don't know, but I could have sworn there was an episode that made a big deal about him maybe leaving for the academy and then he didn't.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The moon they're gonna crash-land on is 55 degrees celsius? I hope they brought space suits for once

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

The moon they're gonna crash-land on is 55 degrees celsius? I hope they brought space suits for once

Nope.

Interesting to see color grading, since it was a lot less common in the early 90s.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Pakled posted:

VOY Season 8 @VOYseason9 8 Aug 2017
Chakotay is merged with an alien named Brork and "Brorkatay" struggles to fit in with the crew. 7 of 9 & Captain Janeway have a spa day on the Holodeck.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Interesting to see color grading, since it was a lot less common in the early 90s.

In this case it was probably shot with a filter on the lens.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

How long would it take to get a heatstroke at 131 degrees fahrenheit? I'm guessing a lot less time than to walk to a mountain on the horizon.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I don't know, but I could have sworn there was an episode that made a big deal about him maybe leaving for the academy and then he didn't.

There's a S1 episode where takes a series of tests as an entrance exam to SA, but he doesn't get in. "Coming of Age"

Oh, and I guess in "Ménage a Troi" he wrote and passed the written exam on the Enterprise and was supposed to go to Earth for the oral part but he missed the connection to the ship that would have taken him there, so they said "better luck next year".

shadok fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Aug 19, 2017

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Was this woman on 30 Rock

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeb! Repetition posted:

How long would it take to get a heatstroke at 131 degrees fahrenheit? I'm guessing a lot less time than to walk to a mountain on the horizon.

More time than you'd think, but less time than you'd hope.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Fun Radiation™

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Cool effects on the forcefield and whatever the gently caress just zipped around and caused a cave-in.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Jeb! Repetition posted:

She looks a little like Sue Galloway, one of the recurring extras in the 30 rock writers room, but that's not her.

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Probably not. Memory Alpha, naturally, had an entry for her character (Ensign Tess Allenby). According to the article, she was played by an actress named Mary Kohnert, and the last thing IMDb has on record of her is her TNG appearances.

Ah, God bless the obsessive record-keeping nerds of this fandom.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I don't understand what causing the radiation on the enterprise or even if I'm supposed to know.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

MisterBibs posted:

If you guys get a chance to see The Greatest Generation live while they are touring and covering First Contact, I strongly recommend it. Adam and Ben are such babyfaces, and you can get some frigging sweet (if entirely pointless) coins*.

I should've asked if any goons went to tonight's Chicago showing.

* Plus, if you bought the Fancy Edition of TES Oblivion back in the day, you'd have two coins related to things Patrick Stewart was in.
Not going to lie, their Dustbuster Club pin is 100% great.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh wow that hastily concocted plan to hurt the godlike being didn't work

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Jeb! Repetition posted:

How do they eat? Milkshakes must be very popular on their plant.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Just realized how completely Wesley failed to do what Picard told him

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Patrick Stewart's such a good actor he actually made me think there was a possibility of Picard dying there for a second

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Episode over. I guess if Wesley's really leaving that was about as good a send-off as he could hope for.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxopd_qSVKo

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Oh yeah, I was thinking of Menage a Troi where he didn't board the final exam ship at the end because he had to save the Enterprise.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Pakled posted:

The ones that skeeve me out the most are the feather people that framed Paris for murder in Voyager.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Why did he staple construction paper to his forehead? What is that toupee?

I have so many questions.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

The ones that skeeve me out the most are the feather people that framed Paris for murder in Voyager.

Trypophobia activated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Trypophobia activated

Hope you don't plan on watching Discovery if you have tripe-ophobia.