Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

The tank ranged abilities generating a crapload of enmity is actually a fairly recent change, so it's not surprising that not many people know about it.

tomahawk has had bonus enmity for as long as i remember.

Brainamp posted:

Basically unchanged. No new attacks, a bfb replacement, and a physical buff for the party.

??? this isn't even correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

??? this isn't even correct

Oh right, I forgot the massive game-changer trait that is tackle mastery. :v:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah that's kinda reductive tbh, like especially if you're discounting brotherhood as just a damage buff.

At its core MNK is the job left most intact from 3.5 but there are a couple substantive additions that changes how it plays at 70 quite a bit. The biggest ones are deep meditation and brotherhood which give you a chance to earn chakra in combat turning forbidden chakra into a fairly frequent attack instead of a button you get to push once or twice per encounter. They nerfed its potency in exchange but brotherhooding into a forbidden chakra or two is fun. Also I talked some poo poo about it when SB first came out, but riddle of earth turns into a pretty reliable GL saver in some of the boss fights/trials, most of them have a predictable splash you can capitalize off of during down times.

Tackle mastery is, at worst, completely ignorable.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i have completed 13 ldrs so far today. i don't know how this happened.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

You want them clusters. It's why my tank is still only 60!

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I've been grinding Baelsar's this week because I want to finish my Filibuster's set, but the chestpiece hasn't dropped in like 15 runs. Even all my EXDRing before the expansion and I never saw it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tackle Mastery basically doesn't exist because you are always going to be in Fists of Fire when you need to use tackle, Fire Tackle is the only one you will ever want to use so basically, that entire trait is just a 30 potency buff for shoulder tackle which is nice but as part of an expansion pack where you don't get too much more than free chakras for the rest of your additions... ZZZZZ

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I like MNK and it's doing pretty well. I hit 4.1k DPS on O1S and I'm only 61st percentile so clearly it can go even higher.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

Vil posted:

If I wanted advice on how to min/max my rotation in a vacuum or with a given raid comp, I'd ask a person in a raid static. If I wanted advice on what sorts of bullshit to watch out for with pugs and what sorts of things are still safe to assume even when pugging, I'd ask a person who pugs everything solo. That's not to say that the other one has no useful opinions to offer, but I'm gonna listen more to the person with more of the relevant experience.

Yeah, I like dungeon-ing so I pretty much do that to level, even with pubs. For solo Duty Finder at least, you really have to account for the fact that your tank or healer might be terrible, or severely undergeared for the content. Also, it's not like goons are all gods at this game, and even good players can still misclick or have a brainfart or something. See also: a few days ago I ran leveling roulette with goons, we rolled into Ifrit Story, and everyone promptly forgot about the nail.

Also, I hit The Azim Steppe last night and worked through it up to Bardam's Mettle today. I get the feeling I'm going to be here a while, since I pretty much have to do all the sidequests for all of the neat bits of Xaela lore! Wish the one girl in Reunion would actually sell me some buuz though.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Oh wow. That is a really great glamour. I thought you were using AST AF3 in all those previous screenshots, and not still levelling.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

*off in the distance* HURRY UP AND SCREW ALREADY!

http://tomatika.tumblr.com/ SFW

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

WrightOfWay posted:

Pentamelded <whatever the highest ilevel crafted available> is going to be BIS for tank right sides all expansion long, probably. You just get way too little strength to make up for losing 76 Direct Hit.

And so we're right back to where we were. Bravo SE.

Just scale tank dps of str and vit again and make weakness into a damage down debuff. How loving hard can it be.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Monk chiming in: gameplay is practically unchanged but with 2 new OGCD cooldowns, blood for blood gone, and as people have said you occasionally get to press Forbidden Chakra which is nice but hardly a game changer. I'm happy, I didn't have to learn a new rotation, just a new opener utilising the new cooldowns.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Every time I save a GL3 stack with Riddle of Earth I do that touchdown celebration thing where I kiss the tips of my index/middle fingers and hold them out to YoshiP.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Leal posted:

Its great to slam on hallowed ground, still end up dying and then the skill goes on cooldown.

I just go to the MogStation and stare at the unsub button for a good minute whenever this happens. Got popped in Bardam's the other day because I tried a big dick pull and I wasn't ready.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Oh wow. That is a really great glamour. I thought you were using AST AF3 in all those previous screenshots, and not still levelling.

Hey, I'm just happy that I managed to work the Thavnairian Bustier (the official Sexy Catgirl uniform) into a glamour that's not too skimpy and where all the individual pieces work well together.

Totally worth the years of experimentation.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Plz Sadu is too good for Magnai. We all know no one will ever date Magnai since he's too depressing to be around.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Lot of random anime in there then I found this:

:swoon:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Are there any weapons cuter than the mog weapons?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

The level 69 Scholar book has a friendly butterfly

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

there's those white mage canes that are goofy tree dudes with moving eyes and everything

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

there's those white mage canes that are goofy tree dudes with moving eyes and everything

Ah yeah, I had one of those but replaced it with an upside down chandelier. Very cool weapon.

And the flower cane that makes a tinkling noise every time you draw your weapon. Always had me laughing when my character would draw it out in cut scenes and the noise still plays.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

And the flower cane that makes a tinkling noise every time you draw your weapon. Always had me laughing when my character would draw it out in cut scenes and the noise still plays.

Yesss. I had that glamoured during 2.55, and it kinda completely destroyed the tension.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Wacky Delly posted:

It's very good, but you swiped past Haurchefant to get there and I dunno why you didn't post that.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I may as well post some other Sadu x Magnai I had bookmarked for sharing later:

http://slater130.tumblr.com/post/162382131576/artist-httpstwittercomumehararinastatus879

https://twitter.com/nijiwakoeee/status/878537359880474626

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

The pvp derringer.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!

The malevolent moogle mogsword (I think that's the proper name) should be mandatory for DRKs, lest they cut themselves on their edge.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The biggest change to monk in my opinion is, between Riddle of Fire drastically slowing your attacks and all the extra Chakra stacks you get, it's basically impossible to run out of TP. Which is pretty sweet.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Brother Entropy posted:

Gdt, you just convinced me to play WHM just for that staff. Also, I want the unicorn mount.

btw: What's it like having a co-healer? I just hit lvl 50 so I've been running darkhold for days.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

The Sabotender weapons are good.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

(not me but still baller)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Wacky Delly posted:

Just a shame they got bored of painting this after they got past the knockers.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Yo, SMN bros, how do I get sick deeps? I feel like there's something I'm not quite getting and my damage feels sub par

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Martman posted:

The biggest change to monk in my opinion is, between Riddle of Fire drastically slowing your attacks and all the extra Chakra stacks you get, it's basically impossible to run out of TP. Which is pretty sweet.

Use Rockbreaker more. :colbert:

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

BrightWing posted:

Yo, SMN bros, how do I get sick deeps? I feel like there's something I'm not quite getting and my damage feels sub par

You might have missed a crucial job quest. Look for a "Distraught Lass" NPC in Ul'dah, she'll start a small chain that gives you access to the essential-for-big-DPS "Red Mage" suite of abilities

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just a shame they got bored of painting this after they got past the knockers.

She has a great rack yeah for an aether zombie type thing, or whatever the hell she's suppose to be at this point

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

She has a great rack yeah for an aether zombie type thing, or whatever the hell she's suppose to be at this point

I don't think she's an aether zombie she's just blind and constantly burning energy to see.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

She's anime

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

She's anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Still chugging away at ARR. My next story quest is fighting Ramuh, who is surprisingly reasonable compared to the others. Then again, Beardman has always been the voice of reason among the Summons. Except in V, where he's just a jerk that attacks you in a forest out of nowhere.

Also, I finish the Hildibrand Quest. Godbert. :allears: