Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

xiansi posted:

Too loving right! Do I get to see my suave, understated, gentlemanly assassin (and his pet psycho cow) dish out the knife-murder?

I do not. Just some glowy blue thing.

Demon Hunters will always be the swaggest class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

MMAgCh posted:

That's a good point. I can't remember the last time I saw a DH build that didn't have Dawn cubed.

Top tier grande build (arguable top overall for DH pushing) doesn't cube it

It equips it :negative:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Oh, right. Gotta have that Buri pierce effect for maximum Grenade damage.

A random but somewhat related thought: how much havoc would be wreaked balance-wise if two-handed legendary weapons had the effect of their power doubled (for instance) when they are actually wielded, not just cubed? Furnace would grant up to +100% damage versus elites, Reilena's Shadowhook would increase damage by 1% per point of maximum Essence and cause Bone Spikes to generate an additional 4–10 Essence for each enemy hit, and so on. The multiplier could be tweaked, of course, and a number of legendaries would require special treatment anyway on account of their powers, e.g. those that add a rune effect when using a certain skill.

Though to be honest, I could see this resulting in a few items becoming quite broken while the rest still wouldn't be worth using over a one-handed weapon and an off-hand, or two one-handers. :sigh:

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Just hit 70 and switched over to this build: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91647-necro-starter-build-yellows

Overall I'm really liking it, no issues on Master just running through bounties to try and start getting oranges+greens.

My one questions though is why Bone Armor? It doesn't seem worth it so I swapped in Bone Golem to group everything together, stun them and CE the entire area, also without a good scythe yet I went with Fueled by Death over Dark Reaping.

How is that for a fresh 70? Should I switch anything out to be more efficient until I start finding set pieces? Speaking of that it's been a few seasons since I played. Neph rifts > Bounties for gearing up correct? I'm all yellow except for my amulet and rings.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

96 spacejam posted:

Overall I'm really liking it, no issues on Master just running through bounties to try and start getting oranges+greens.

Class sets don't start dropping until Torment 1.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at the thread title.

Ok so now my S11 roster is:

Manald Orb Archon (seriously I swapped to Arcane Orb for speed rifts and MAN is it fun)
Norvauld/Sage/Akhan Super Speedfarm//Bounty Buster
Inarius LazyStorm
LoN Barber

Holy cow I love Diablo. Can't waait for Season 12, that's gonna be a fun weekend.

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot
So I'm trying to get the barber for my LON witchdoctor. I'm finding contradictory things on whether I should be upgrading ceremonial knives or daggers.

I''ve rolled like a dozen ceremonial knives and some daggers (only pig stickers here).

Anyone know which it is?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Upgrade ceremonial knives. It used to be a dagger before they gave it the spirit barrage affix, so now it's a ceremonial knife with dagger attack speed.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

GTJustin posted:

Upgrade ceremonial knives. It used to be a dagger before they gave it the spirit barrage affix, so now it's a ceremonial knife with dagger attack speed.
Are you sure? It's still listed as a dagger in the game guide, even with the affix.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I installed the PTR client for the first time so I could play with the new buffed stuff coming with the next patch... Didn't realize I had to beat campaign on the PTR to unlock Adventure there as well :argh:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

T1g4h posted:

I installed the PTR client for the first time so I could play with the new buffed stuff coming with the next patch... Didn't realize I had to beat campaign on the PTR to unlock Adventure there as well :argh:

You should be able to import stuff from your main account and shouldn't have to do this.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Elysiume posted:

Are you sure? It's still listed as a dagger in the game guide, even with the affix.

You could just check witch doctor leaderboards

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Week [whatever] of the season and still no Golden Flense. That is all.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

kingturnip posted:

Week [whatever] of the season and still no Golden Flense. That is all.

Are you just waiting for a drop or are you upgrading rares and stuff?

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Suspicious posted:

Class sets don't start dropping until Torment 1.

Thanks, like I said it's been awhile (Season 1-5?). I can do T1 no problem. Rifts are the way to go to collect this gear right? A few seasons back I want to say a fresh 70 would join bounty runs to get enough oj gear until jumping into rifts but I did that all HC. Doesn't seem like anyone at 70 is really doing bounties now, nor am I doing HC this season.

A lot has changed and I'm not used to non-HC so some insight would be great.

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 20, 2017

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Dross posted:

Are you just waiting for a drop or are you upgrading rares and stuff?

Yeah. Lost count of the number I've upgraded; probably upwards of 50 by this point.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Have you checked your loot seed and which ip address you connect to? You've got to roll until both are optimal.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
poo poo, brb

\/ \/ \/
Yes, but RNG is RNG

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 20, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not trying to state the obvious here, but you are upgrading 2h flails to get the Flense, right?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Larrymer posted:

You should be able to import stuff from your main account and shouldn't have to do this.

I am a big dumb idiot, thank you for this. Gonna try out the new Pesti buffs tonight :woop:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Not trying to state the obvious here, but you are upgrading 2h flails to get the Flense, right?

Yeah I know RNG is RNG, but I made 3 Flenses while crafting a Norvauld's Fervor, according to the wiki its really not that rare, so I was just about post this.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

96 spacejam posted:

Thanks, like I said it's been awhile (Season 1-5?). I can do T1 no problem. Rifts are the way to go to collect this gear right? A few seasons back I want to say a fresh 70 would join bounty runs to get enough oj gear until jumping into rifts but I did that all HC. Doesn't seem like anyone at 70 is really doing bounties now, nor am I doing HC this season.

A lot has changed and I'm not used to non-HC so some insight would be great.

Best way to start fresh any season is to do the season journey to get your Haedrig's gift. By completing it, it will give you a full 6 piece set for you character for pretty minimal work. Hit Shift+J to see what things you need to do. Then from there you can instantly do between T6-10, so now you can level up gems and acquire weapons and such to go with your build.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I've gotten my little necromancer up to speed. He can clear level 35 rifts easily. He has everything on the standard Rathma build except for Traveler's Pledge + Compass Rose, and the three kanai cube items. I have about 11m toughness, and if I try level 40 rifts I find that I die extremely fast to about anything. Do I just need to be smarter about avoiding damage (something I'm not used to, usually playing a near invincible crusader) or will those missing items make up for my weakness I have right now?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Node posted:

I've gotten my little necromancer up to speed. He can clear level 35 rifts easily. He has everything on the standard Rathma build except for Traveler's Pledge + Compass Rose, and the three kanai cube items. I have about 11m toughness, and if I try level 40 rifts I find that I die extremely fast to about anything. Do I just need to be smarter about avoiding damage (something I'm not used to, usually playing a near invincible crusader) or will those missing items make up for my weakness I have right now?

Yes.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

It's really hard switching from crusader to necromancer, since a Roland's build just doesn't die and I don't need to care about anything trying to do damage to me :qq:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

OK so I play this on ps4 and don't have ptr access cause of that. Has anyone seen/would anyone do me a favour and see how invoker crusaders are with the buffs? I happen to have pulled a full ancient set including a primal with optimal affixes while just playing my hammer spec and decided to gently caress around with it, I feel like it'd be really fun if the damage boost is enough but right now it's a total slog compared to hammers. I'm trying to decide if I should start augmenting some of that gear to get ready for the patch or if hammers will still perform way better

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Jesus Christ did that great big cardboard tube just TALK?!?!!

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Node posted:

Use a wisdom of kalan and krysbins, coe, naijul love

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Node posted:

You're supposed to stay at range and use your wall of mages to shield you from ranged attacks. Rathma's only gives you a meager 50% DR from set bonuses, and it doesn't commonly run Bone Armor or Decrepify either. You will dance a lot to avoid damage, but fortunately dancing doesn't inhibit your DPS because it all comes from the mages.

Edit: also kill every. single. thing. No Mob Left Behind (literally, because if you let things get behind you they will kill you)

Dross fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 21, 2017

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

That damn Pharah again...

College Slice
I swore I'd never play Monk again and then Blizzard drops this PTR. Uliana's is fun as gently caress and WoL Sunwuko's is such an amazing speed build and they're buffing the gently caress out of BOTH. Wish they'd just say, "Welp we're just going to stop S11 now and roll out S12 and 2.6.1 within the month".

mewse
May 2, 2006

SiliconX posted:

I swore I'd never play Monk again and then Blizzard drops this PTR. Uliana's is fun as gently caress and WoL Sunwuko's is such an amazing speed build and they're buffing the gently caress out of BOTH. Wish they'd just say, "Welp we're just going to stop S11 now and roll out S12 and 2.6.1 within the month".

Yeah I finished the journey so I'm pretty much done with this season. Didn't see a single primal. Kinda interested/concerned that they might rebalance journey objectives with this across-the-board balance patch.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

College Slice

mewse posted:

Yeah I finished the journey so I'm pretty much done with this season. Didn't see a single primal. Kinda interested/concerned that they might rebalance journey objectives with this across-the-board balance patch.

I stopped shortly after S11 dropped as I got re-interested in WoW but now I'm back plowing through the journey and I'm bored as hell. It could just be Necro though, I'm not really enjoying the class too much.

As an aside, assuming you have all the stashes from season journies, the 2 from the Necro pack and bought all the ones you can, how many total stash tabs should you have? I'm trying to figure out if this season would be the last one I need to get or if I'll have another one to get after this season.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

SiliconX posted:

I stopped shortly after S11 dropped as I got re-interested in WoW but now I'm back plowing through the journey and I'm bored as hell. It could just be Necro though, I'm not really enjoying the class too much.

As an aside, assuming you have all the stashes from season journies, the 2 from the Necro pack and bought all the ones you can, how many total stash tabs should you have? I'm trying to figure out if this season would be the last one I need to get or if I'll have another one to get after this season.

You would now have a total of 12. It was two pages of 5 a piece before the Necro pack dropped and extended into a third page with two more tabs. I'm curious if they'll up the tab limit since they've now created a third page.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Metal Meltdown posted:

I'm curious if they'll up the tab limit since they've now created a third page.

For only $9.99 from the newly-integrated shop! Or maybe with the next class pack they release.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What is the trick to getting the Inarius bonestorm speedfarming build to work in T13? Despite swapping for decrep and Dayntees for some added toughness, the mobs still one-shot me in the set. I'm running all the items specified in the Rhykker video but it just does not feel anywhere near as effective as the footage shows.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Siets posted:

What is the trick to getting the Inarius bonestorm speedfarming build to work in T13? Despite swapping for decrep and Dayntees for some added toughness, the mobs still one-shot me in the set. I'm running all the items specified in the Rhykker video but it just does not feel anywhere near as effective as the footage shows.

Link your profile. It's very easy to die before getting your Bone Armor up to 10-15 stacks. You can also swap in Avarice Band/Boon + Goldwrap for T13s instead of running Dayntee's to give you much more toughness. Sometimes, they don't work very well until you have the gear for that difficulty (looking at you GR100+ guides that show GR60 in their videos).

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DrSeRRoD posted:

Link your profile. It's very easy to die before getting your Bone Armor up to 10-15 stacks. You can also swap in Avarice Band/Boon + Goldwrap for T13s instead of running Dayntee's to give you much more toughness. Sometimes, they don't work very well until you have the gear for that difficulty (looking at you GR100+ guides that show GR60 in their videos).

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Siets-1251/hero/93803821

I started this season a little late and ran out of topazes for rolling a socket on my Traveller's Pledge, which is why that one isn't socketed yet. In general I'm still missing some things here and there, hence the oddly placed Tasker and Theo. Thanks for the help!

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

I wouldn't be hopping into T13 yet tbh. It won't be worth it for a while outside of being carried, but T10/11 should work fine. That skill setup seems really off too (you're basically running 3 curse skills) and you're missing the important damage-dealing gems (Pain Enhancer + Tox). I'd level those gems and try to find some of the missing gear while looking for another guide for the build because the one you're using has some things that seem out of place.

SiliconX
Sep 18, 2004

College Slice

Metal Meltdown posted:

You would now have a total of 12. It was two pages of 5 a piece before the Necro pack dropped and extended into a third page with two more tabs. I'm curious if they'll up the tab limit since they've now created a third page.

Ok cool, I'll have to check when I get home but I do believe that I have 11 total tabs currently so should just be one more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xXAdmiralBekHarXx
Jul 11, 2017

by zen death robot

Elysiume posted:

Got mine off ceremonial knife yesterday. The internet is super ambiguous about this I just got lucky.