Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Still chugging away at ARR. My next story quest is fighting Ramuh, who is surprisingly reasonable compared to the others. Then again, Beardman has always been the voice of reason among the Summons. Except in V, where he's just a jerk that attacks you in a forest out of nowhere.

Also, I finish the Hildibrand Quest. Godbert. :allears:

Bearddad is cool. You're also pretty much at the point where the writing quality picks up (and the amount of mindless filler MSQ quests goes down), so congrats on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Just a shame they got bored of painting this after they got past the knockers.

Is there really a point in anything else :mrapig:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Bearddad is cool. You're also pretty much at the point where the writing quality picks up (and the amount of mindless filler MSQ quests goes down), so congrats on that.

Sure, but this is also when you start thinking you're getting close to Ishgard and the game keeps on psyching you out.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I tried to go to Ishgard earlier, yeah. :(

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Whats this I hear about Chinese version getting new exclusive outfits to make up for Stormblood's delayed launch?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Whats this I hear about Chinese version getting new exclusive outfits to make up for Stormblood's delayed launch?

https://amurr-reha.tumblr.com/post/164373926746/clovermemories-new-outfits-from-the-chinese

Wertjoe
May 10, 2007

To add to the MNK discussion, I recently got the ilvl 330 chest (creation tomes thingy) from the 310 and it doesn't have any crit chance. Which is a bummer because I really like hitting my final chakra often and it seems counter productive to put that into the game then make the gear lean a different direction. It feels a little bit like a downgrade to me? I'm bad at the game though.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

So when do we get an Amazon deal to get a code for these clothes (and a magazine subscription service required for the euros)?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Wertjoe posted:

To add to the MNK discussion, I recently got the ilvl 330 chest (creation tomes thingy) from the 310 and it doesn't have any crit chance. Which is a bummer because I really like hitting my final chakra often and it seems counter productive to put that into the game then make the gear lean a different direction. It feels a little bit like a downgrade to me? I'm bad at the game though.

Monks aren't the only job that use Striking gear anymore, and the Genji chest (which is in competition with the augmented creation chest) has Crit.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

i love kingdom hearts

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yet another FF outfit design that looked decent on paper but in-game look awkward since the colors clash so much.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Countblanc posted:

i love kingdom hearts

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Can I upgrade to collectors edition at a later date or will it cost and additional 60 down the line? I have all the collectors stuff so far and want to keep the ball rolling.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I would wear the heck out of a dyeable version of that. drat shame I'm gonna have to buy something random on Amazon to get it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Moochewmoo posted:

Can I upgrade to collectors edition at a later date or will it cost and additional 60 down the line? I have all the collectors stuff so far and want to keep the ball rolling.

It's a $20-per-expansion upgrade or $40 for all 3 at once via mogstation

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It's a $20-per-expansion upgrade or $40 for all 3 at once via mogstation

Groovy thank you. I'll just get the normal version tonight and get the collectors at a later date.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

What's the reasoning behind that? I was under the impression that it was basically the worst way to spend your IB.

The gain you get under raid buffs (Trick attack, battle lit, sch lit, etc) makes it worth more to use an Onslaught under Trick.

And once you use that Onslaught you can't get enough for another fell cleave but you do have enough for an onslaught at the end so you use it again to gain damage where you otherwise wouldn't.

Wertjoe
May 10, 2007

Eopia posted:

Monks aren't the only job that use Striking gear anymore, and the Genji chest (which is in competition with the augmented creation chest) has Crit.

I was just bummed that I didnt look at it before i spent the tomes to pick it up.

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
I'm still unclear on which activities are good sources of XP when level-sync'd down. Like, is DF Levelling Roulette worth doing past the once-per-day reward, or am I better off queuing for specific at- or near-level dungeons?

One of my guildmates asserted that FATE XP rewards scale to be level-appropriate, but some informal testing makes it seem like that was just flat-out wrong.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
For leveling purposes you do your one leveling roulette then do the highest leveled dungeon you can. If you're a dps who waits 20 minutes between runs go ahead and do some fates. The only fates worth it, for SB at least, are boss ones that A: Have the xp bonus applied and B: Have a bunch of players doing them so yeah don't bother just doing fates, do them while waiting in queue.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BrightWing posted:

Yo, SMN bros, how do I get sick deeps? I feel like there's something I'm not quite getting and my damage feels sub par

You're probably not getting the ridiculously broken mechanics behind bahamut egi and DWT. Guide including rotation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PpAuOcKTF0SaGq8G9CWXTWqMsIU3IJxzqXd3LQBPy1E/mobilebasic#h.mzfr725jmnnf

The best way to deal damage is to synchronize contagion with a BLM's triple cast fire 4s. Or just play BLM, it's seriously more loving mobile. If you like jumping to your death I guess RDM is good too.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Aug 20, 2017

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Ghost of Starman posted:

One of my guildmates asserted that FATE XP rewards scale to be level-appropriate, but some informal testing makes it seem like that was just flat-out wrong.

He's wrong. FATEs have a set reward based on your performance (gold, silver, etc.) and the "suggested level" of the FATE. The exception is that they will scale downwards if you are below the suggested level and use your actual current level instead.

Note that the challenge log entries for completing FATEs (one for 5 FATEs in different zones, and one for 10 unique FATEs) do scale with your level and will reward a percentage of your current level, either 10% or 15%, I forget.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The only sources of XP that scale that I can think of offhand are roulettes with bonus, challenge logs, and PVP.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
+ Beast tribe daily quests (to 50/60)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm gonna be on a tethered connection for a few days, does anybody know how much data this game uses?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm gonna be on a tethered connection for a few days, does anybody know how much data this game uses?

I can't give you specific numbers per day but it's not a lot

Here's my usage for many hours

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dryzen posted:

I can't give you specific numbers per day but it's not a lot

Here's my usage for many hours

Thanks, not a lot is about all I needed to know

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cheetah7071 posted:

Sweet gently caress all unless/until you need to patch.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

vOv posted:

The only sources of XP that scale that I can think of offhand are roulettes with bonus, challenge logs, and PVP.

Centurio 1/2/3 Star Hunts up to 53/56/60 for HW and 63/66/69 for SB. Caps out at about 650k for HW hunts, and around 2m for SB.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Aug 20, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
It's also not a ton, but running 1 guildhest roulette and then 9 under the armors with a premade (around 30-45 seconds per) will net you around 450k experience from 60-70. It's not the best bang for your buck, but it is also a nice break from the monotony and you can teach some newbies a thing or two in guildhests from time to time.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
re: fanart, I saw this on reddit a couple of days ago and thought it was pretty nice. Going by the horns, Nhaama had the objectively best Xaela face. :colbert:

Also, I ran into an AST that used nothing but Aspected Benefic and Aspected Helios during a run of Dzemael Darkhold. Fortunately the RDM was aware enough to use Mana Shift so we only wiped a couple of times. Unfortunately, I got chucked through the level geometry by a frog while I was trying to round up adds that were drawn to the healer's constant regen everywhere. I'm not sure why that place seems to draw the absolute shittiest players in addition to being a miserable slog on its own merits. The only thing I can come up with is the bikini armor set in it, but people could just do the drat Moonfire Faire or buy something from the market board if they wanted that.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Alder posted:

btw: What's it like having a co-healer? I just hit lvl 50 so I've been running darkhold for days.

No one's commented on this, but it's honestly no big deal. Typically, healers of any class know their role is to push buttons so people don't die. You will see a cross-section of players: on one side, people who DPS like it's going out of style and still keep everyone up, on the other, people who loving scramble to keep HP bars topped off. Every healer falls within this spectrum!

It's fleetingly rare in Duty Finder, but on occasion you can find a co-healer who you work in tandem with flawlessly. It's a difficult feeling to describe, but getting to pair with someone who enables your ability to DPS definitely rocks.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The important thing to remember is that the first healer to cast a healing spell loses the game of healer chicken

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

cheetah7071 posted:

The important thing to remember is that the first healer to cast a healing spell loses the game of healer chicken

It's how they establish dominance.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Double SCH in heavensward was always good for this. Don't see it as much in SB

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Leal posted:

So when do we get an Amazon deal to get a code for these clothes (and a magazine subscription service required for the euros)?
I wish it was something as easily obtainable as a magazine.
The Eastern Journey stuff is German cans of Dr. Pepper only and apparently, Germans hate Dr. Pepper and never stock it up because it doesn't sell enough.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Did we ever get the cloud mount in countries that aren't Germany?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

Double SCH in heavensward was always good for this. Don't see it as much in SB

:confused: Scholars in savage regularly debate how few healing GCDs they managed to get away with.

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Yes, it was with an Amazon promotion that also included the Journey to the West style glamour gear.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I recently got a 13k Stone 4 crit in O3S. It was beautiful. I think a teared up a little. I stacked crit instead of spell speed figuring I'd try to get the most out of the assize cooldown reduction on cure 2 crits, although spell speed probably would have been a better bet ultimately since I am beginning to realize how few cure casts I actually end up using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Not in Europe, Amazon in US