Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

That has got to be one of the most embarrassing things TAZ has ever posted and I'd def punch that guy.

e:

quote:

We have dissolved the late Union chiefly because of the negro quarrel. (...) I congratulate the country that the strife has been put to rest forever, and that American slavery is to stand before the world as it is, and on its own merits. We have now placed our domestic institution, and secured its rights unmistakably, in the Constitution. We have sought by no euphony to hide its name. We have called our negroes 'slaves', and we have recognized and protected them as persons and our rights to them as property.
— Robert Hardy Smith, An Address to the Citizens of Alabama on the Constitution and Laws of the Confederate States of America, 1861.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Aug 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

e X posted:

Randler, du kannst also die taz Redakteure sowohl hauen als auch doxxen :)

Und auch alle, die gesagt haben das wären keine Nazis. Denn das sind schließlich Mitläufer. :neckbeard:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Warum geben Konservative eigentlich so gerne damit an, dass sie nicht wissen, was Nazis sind?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wieso bekommen Nazis bei dir eigentlich n extra e?
Komm an mein Herz, armour Sohn!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I spent all day in Spandau preventing nazis from reaching the site where Rudolf Heß killed himself (they wanted to commemorate their most famous failson for some reason) and boy are my middle fingers tired. Fun fact: you can just straight up ignore the Vermummungsverbot, just go straight balaclava with sunglasses, as long as you're a nazi no one gives a poo poo. Fun fact II: the police will happily pepper spray people, even if these people didn't do anything, even if the police don't intend to move into the formerly occupied space, as long as these people are not nazis.

I'm not trying to relitigate the G20 protests (I think?) but I find it impressive that I looked at god knows how many nazi scumfuck faces today and yet the most odious thing that sticks out to me at the end of the day is that the police is institutionally rotten. Just absolutely rotten to the core. Welp, namaste

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Randler posted:

Die taz zweifelt daran, dass es beim Amerikanischen Bürgerkrieg um Sklaverei ging.

Sind das jetzt auch böse Nazifreunde, die ich hauen und doxxen darf? :ohdear:

Nicht "die TAZ" zweifelt irgendwas, sondern Bettina Gaus. Das ist ein Kommentar, after all.
Und ja, bei der Sklaverei ging es auch und vor allem um Ökonomie, aber das was beide Seiten in ihren Erklärungen als den Casus Belli benennen, oft und immer wieder, dann als nicht den Kriegsgrund hinzustellen ist schon etwas seltsam.

Georgia posted:

The people of Georgia having dissolved their political connection with the Government of the United States of America, present to their confederates and the world the causes which have led to the separation. For the last ten years we have had numerous and serious causes of complaint against our non-slave-holding confederate States with reference to the subject of African slavery. They have endeavored to weaken our security, to disturb our domestic peace and tranquility, and persistently refused to comply with their express constitutional obligations to us in reference to that property, and by the use of their power in the Federal Government have striven to deprive us of an equal enjoyment of the common Territories of the Republic.

Mississippi posted:

Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove.

Texas posted:

She was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery-- the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits-- a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time. Her institutions and geographical position established the strongest ties between her and other slave-holding States of the confederacy. Those ties have been strengthened by association. But what has been the course of the government of the United States, and of the people and authorities of the non-slave-holding States, since our connection with them?

usw.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Smirr posted:

I spent all day in Spandau preventing nazis from reaching the site where Rudolf Heß killed himself (they wanted to commemorate their most famous failson for some reason) and boy are my middle fingers tired. Fun fact: you can just straight up ignore the Vermummungsverbot, just go straight balaclava with sunglasses, as long as you're a nazi no one gives a poo poo. Fun fact II: the police will happily pepper spray people, even if these people didn't do anything, even if the police don't intend to move into the formerly occupied space, as long as these people are not nazis.

I'm not trying to relitigate the G20 protests (I think?) but I find it impressive that I looked at god knows how many nazi scumfuck faces today and yet the most odious thing that sticks out to me at the end of the day is that the police is institutionally rotten. Just absolutely rotten to the core. Welp, namaste

Thank you for your service.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Smirr posted:

good on you for being there anyway, props! did anyone get hurt? how did it go overall? what were the numbers?

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

botany posted:

good on you for being there anyway, props! did anyone get hurt? how did it go overall? what were the numbers?

Did we win??

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

hahaha people set fire to train cables again possibly (probably) to keep nazis from getting to Berlin, which worked so well that 250 of them got stranded in Falkensee and decided to do their protest right there, more or less unopposed because all the counterprotesters were in Spandau

Great job, arsonists, I bet Falkensee citizens are really feeling the solidarity.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

My Lovely Horse posted:

hahaha people set fire to train cables again possibly (probably) to keep nazis from getting to Berlin, which worked so well that 250 of them got stranded in Falkensee and decided to do their protest right there, more or less unopposed because all the counterprotesters were in Spandau

Great job, arsonists, I bet Falkensee citizens are really feeling the solidarity.

I'm sure nazis built a train somewhere at some point, those train cables totally deserved it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Making sure that trains DON'T run on time is, like, the ultimate form of protest against Nazis.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Grendels Dad posted:

Making sure that trains DON'T run on time is, like, the ultimate form of protest against Nazis.

Who knew the Deutsche Bahn was an antifascist organisation this entire time ?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

A Bundesverdienstkreuz for every Lokführer :dbcry:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

e X posted:

Antifaschistischer Bahndamm.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Grendels Dad posted:

:aaa:

e X posted:

:aaaaa:

So my BahnCard doubles as Antifa membership card then?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

frankenfreak posted:

:aaa:

:aaaaa:

So my BahnCard doubles as Antifa membership card then?

only as long as you never travel first class. in that case you're clearly bourgeois and deserve the guillotine :colbert:

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Lmao, good job Breitbart

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

System Metternich posted:

Lmao, good job Breitbart

Give us back our Lukas!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

botany posted:

only as long as you never travel first class. in that case you're clearly bourgeois and deserve the guillotine :colbert:
Of course. Same with BahnCard 100.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

botany posted:

A couple hundred nazis (I'm reading anywhere between 500 and 800 - possibly this difference is because of the ones stranded in Falkensee). I can't find any overall numbers on the counterprotesters. There were about 150-200 in our blockade a ways down the road, about 1000 at the former prison (next to but not on the route) and another 200 immediately in front of the nazis. I guess the police could have cleared the route with those numbers, come to think of it.

The planned route was 2 km in a straight line. We blocked at 800 m. The demonstration made it 400 m. While it was still moving, it seemed like the police tried (and succeeded) to clear at least one side of the road at our location. When they had us all on one side was when the pepper spray came out for some reason. Then they immediately stopped clearing haha. Gotta get that last dig in. Nothing moved for about an hour until the demonstration got an alternative route that took them basically once around the block, onto a bridge over the Havel and then back to the Rathaus for their Abschlusskundgebung. At this point the mood was mostly relaxed (I saw a drunk crazy guy trying to pick a physical fight with some riot cops and they apparently didn't even arrest him, because half an hour later he tried to jump the barricades, which also didn't get him arrested. See, I can say nice things about the police!) and we drowned out the speakers. Then the demonstration was dissolved and the nazis got funneled into the train station without even having gotten into sight of the former prison, which is now a Kaufland. Fin.

I did see some people getting medical attention but I don't think anyone was more than lightly injured. By the way, everyone on the ground agreed that the Falkensee thing was extremely bad and frustrating. We thought about moving there after Spandau cleared but it actually was completely cut off and not even the Spandau nazis seemed to be able to get there. I mean you COULD just walk 9 km but I don't get paid enough Demogeld for that.

System Metternich posted:

Lmao, good job Breitbart

Haha

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Idk about loving up a bit of infrastructure serving millions of people to slightly depress the turnout at some dumb nazi rally. I guess it's supposed to be a bit like Stasi Zersetzung tactics, i.e. making naziing tedious and unfun.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
http://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/bundestagswahl-seehofer-rueckt-von-obergrenze-fuer-fluechtlinge-ab/20212580.html

unabhängig vom inhalt möchte ich dem autor mal gratulieren, das ist ein sehr schöner, trockener schreibstil:

quote:

CSU-Chef Horst Seehofer sieht eine Obergrenze für Flüchtlinge nicht mehr als Bedingung für eine Koalition nach der Bundestagswahl. „Die Situation hat sich verändert, der Kurs in Berlin hat sich verändert“, sagte der bayerische Ministerpräsident am Sonntag im Sommerinterview der ARD in Berlin. Diesen Kurswechsel hatte Seehofer bereits am Sonnabend bei einem Wahlkampfauftritt in Neubrandenburg angedeutet

„Wir sind jetzt nicht verliebt in Zahlen“, versicherte Seehofer in seiner Rede in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Und ob das Ding Obergrenze heiße für Flüchtlinge oder Kontingente, sei ihm völlig wurscht. „Aber die Begrenzung ist Voraussetzung für das Gelingen von Integration!“ Das Publikum applaudiert gemessen. Es sind vielleicht 400 zumeist ältere Herrschaften, ihr Klatschen verliert sich auf dem riesenhaften Marktplatz. Von daheim ist Horst Seehofer deutlich mehr Zulauf gewohnt. Aber in Neubrandenburg kann selbst ein bayerischer Ministerpräsident im Wahlkampf keine Massen mobilisieren, die es hier schlechterdings gar nicht gibt. Außerdem sind noch Schulferien.

Seehofer beschränkt seine Wahlkampfauftritte diesmal eigentlich auf Bayern. Dass er einen seiner nur zwei Ausflüge jenseits der weiß-blauen Landesgrenzen ausgerechnet hier im kargen Nordosten absolviert, hängt mit dem Mann zusammen, der hinten auf der Bühne energisch mitklatscht. Philipp Amthor, ein junger Spund von gerade mal 24 Jahren, will als neuer Direktkandidat den Wahlkreis für die CDU halten.

Den Gast aus dem Süden empfängt er als Gleichgesinnten, nämlich einen, der sich „nicht durch überzogene politische Korrektheit verbiegen“ lasse. Amthor, muss man dazu wissen, war vor Jahresfrist einer der Initiatoren des Konservativen Kreises im Land. Angela Merkel hat als Landeschefin die Gründung gebilligt, auch wenn sich die Truppe scharf gegen den Modernisierungskurs wendet, den sie als Bundesvorsitzende in ihrer CDU befördert.

Merkel war es dann auch, die Seehofer persönlich um diesen Auftritt gebeten hat. Es gibt einfach Situationen, da kennt eine CDU-Chefin keine Widersacher mehr, sondern nur noch Parteifreunde. In Amthors Wahlkreis ist die Situation gegeben. Der CDU-Platzhirsch tritt aus Altersgründen nicht mehr an. Jetzt hat auf einmal nicht nur die SPD, sondern sogar der AfD-Kandidat echte Chancen, den Christdemokraten das Direktmandat abzujagen. Der Amthor gibt sich zwar viel Mühe, schimpft über Veggie-Grüne und preist „Bratwurst und Erntefest“ als den wahren Kern mecklenburgischer Lebensart. Aber allein schon der rostige grüne VW-Bus, den er als Wahlkampfvehikel einsetzt, lässt ahnen, wie beschränkt seine Mittel sind.

Merkel bietet alles auf, um ihm zu helfen. Vier junge Leute aus ihrem eigenen Wahlkreisteam sind am Samstagabend mit einem flotten BMW rübergebraust. Demnächst kommt Volker Kauder, danach Wolfgang Schäuble. Mehr Bundesprominenz geht nicht, ohne dass es peinlich wird.

Aber Horst „Obergrenze“ Seehofer taugt als AfD-Drachentöter natürlich besonders gut. Vielleicht deshalb bleibt die „Alternative“ am Samstagabend fast unsichtbar. Nur ein alerter Sonnenbrillenträger grölt ab und an etwas von „Grenze schließen!“ dazwischen, woraufhin die Jugend am SPD-Wahlkampfstand die „Internationale“ vom Band abspielt. Man muss das in diesem Zusammenhang womöglich als eine Art relativer Solidaritätsbekundung unter Demokraten deuten. Seehofer sagt ja auch fast nichts Böses über die SPD, nur dass es mit den Sozialdemokraten manchmal halt schwierig sei, zu vernünftigen Sicherheitsgesetzen zu kommen.

Ohnehin sieht sich enttäuscht, wer einen dröhnenden Bierzelt-Auftritt erwartet hätte. „Ich komme aus dem friedliebenden Stamm der Bayern“, stellt sich der Gast vor. Sicher, er betont auch, dass sich Zuwanderer an „unsere Leitwerte“ zu halten hätten und nicht an die in Afrika oder Arabien gültigen: „Man muss mit uns leben wollen und nicht neben uns oder gegen uns.“ Er bringt angesichts der Anschlagserie der letzten Tage auch die Forderung aus dem Bayern-Programm vor, zur Entlastung der Polizei Soldaten zur Objektsicherung einzusetzen: „Wer als demokratisch gesinnter Politiker für einen starken Staat eintritt, ist noch lange kein Rechtsradikaler!“ Auch das Wort „Vaterland“ fällt ziemlich oft.

Aber viel mehr liegt ihm gerade hier daran, ein ums andere Mal zu versichern, dass zwischen ihm und Merkel jetzt, wo sich „in Berlin“ der Flüchtlingkurs ja doch deutlich geändert habe, wieder echter Friede herrsche, beste, ja engste Zusammenarbeit. „Wenn einer alles vergisst, ist er arm dran“, zitiert er eine Volksweisheit unbekannter Herkunft, „wenn einer nichts vergessen kann, ist er noch ärmer dran.“ Es gab den Streit, aber jetzt habe man sich verständigt, und das sei das Entscheidende.

„Obergrenze“ als Koalitionsbedingung? 200.000 Menschen und keinen mehr? Alles wurscht auf einmal. Und außerdem, die Angela und er, die kennten sich ja schließlich schon aus dem Kabinett von Helmut Kohl, sie damals Ministerin für Frauen und für Umwelt, er zuständig für die Gesundheit: „Wir könnten Ihnen doch gar nichts vormachen!“ Er guckt dabei mit so treuen Augen hinter dem Rednerpult hervor, dass unten auf den Bänken einige unwillkürlich nicken müssen. Allein dafür hat sich der Einsatz im Norden doch schon gelohnt.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

quote:

Nur ein alerter Sonnenbrillenträger grölt ab und an etwas von „Grenze schließen!“ dazwischen, woraufhin die Jugend am SPD-Wahlkampfstand die „Internationale“ vom Band abspielt.
:ussr:

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Which reminds me, yesterday there was a Juso with a "Nazis wegschulzen" sign that had everyone in a 50 m radius pull the :chloe: face

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

aphid_licker posted:

Idk about loving up a bit of infrastructure serving millions of people to slightly depress the turnout at some dumb nazi rally. I guess it's supposed to be a bit like Stasi Zersetzung tactics, i.e. making naziing tedious and unfun.

Sounds like a promising tactic. After all, East Germany is widely known for being nazi-free.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Socialists need a tape, Communists would sing it themselves!

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

botany posted:

http://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/bundestagswahl-seehofer-rueckt-von-obergrenze-fuer-fluechtlinge-ab/20212580.html

unabhängig vom inhalt möchte ich dem autor mal gratulieren, das ist ein sehr schöner, trockener schreibstil:

And they couldn't find anyone better to run than this guy?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
"how old are you"

"idk, like 16 or 60 i guess"

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It's like he's stuck in some unholy no man's land between the genres of Teenieklamotte and lynchian horror film

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I guess that answers my question about what kind of youth would voluntarily join the Junge Union.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Jesus, the dude looks like a Charles II cosplayer.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

SPD should wahlkampf that Leiharbeiter have to get Minimum 20% more than Stammbelegschaft. They trag Risiko and the added flexibility vs. Festangestellte should be properly entlohnt. Bing bong Wahlsieg Gottkanzler.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away
Kinda like France. I can get behind that. Make it 30% that will hopefully get that Leiharbeit poo poo out of the bosses head.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
It would appear that am a Munich goon now.

(though you'll never take the Franken out of me)

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

aphid_licker posted:

SPD should wahlkampf that Leiharbeiter have to get Minimum 20% more than Stammbelegschaft. They trag Risiko and the added flexibility vs. Festangestellte should be properly entlohnt. Bing bong Wahlsieg Gottkanzler.

They already tend to be more expensive as it is, given the overhead + margin that you pay to the Zeitarbeitsfirma. Being able to save 30% when we would actually hire somebody instead of having them run as Leiharbeiter for another year is like the standing argument when you try and lobby for a headcount.

The problem is, most companies have two budgets: Finanzbudget und Kopfzahlenbudget. Leiharbeiter are the best way of getting around the issues on the latter, the increased cost be damned. Another 20% cost is not going to change the Anreize and Zielsetzung in companies fundamentally - at least where qualified Leiharbeiter are concerned.
If you want a fundamental change, adjust reporting guidelines so you have to 100% include contractors in your FTE / headcount figure.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Duzzy Funlop posted:

(though you'll never take the Franken out of me)

If you voluntarily move to Munich you immediately have your Franconian citizenship revoked

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Willkommen im Deutschland-Faden.

Es gibt übrigens auch einen Frag mich über Deutschland-Thread extra für Fragen von Fremdländern wie dir. :eng101:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

morothar posted:

They already tend to be more expensive as it is, given the overhead + margin that you pay to the Zeitarbeitsfirma. Being able to save 30% when we would actually hire somebody instead of having them run as Leiharbeiter for another year is like the standing argument when you try and lobby for a headcount.

The problem is, most companies have two budgets: Finanzbudget und Kopfzahlenbudget. Leiharbeiter are the best way of getting around the issues on the latter, the increased cost be damned. Another 20% cost is not going to change the Anreize and Zielsetzung in companies fundamentally - at least where qualified Leiharbeiter are concerned.
If you want a fundamental change, adjust reporting guidelines so you have to 100% include contractors in your FTE / headcount figure.

Yeah but the workers get less. I read a Tagesspiegel article that stated that they get 20% less on average. I'm thinking of it as a make being a Leiharbeiter less lovely thing, obvs companies should be able to compensate for peaks in Auslastung with Leiharbeiter, but the worker should be properly compensated for the flexibility he offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
20 % weniger im Vergleich zum Durchschnitt der unbefristet angestellten Arbeitnehmer oder 20 % weniger im Vergleich zu der Position auf der sie eingesetzt werden?