Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Wasn't he a guest host 9n the B&V show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

exploded mummy posted:

Wasn't he a guest host 9n the B&V show

Yea I think he was one of the whale scout guest hosts earlier this year now that you mention it. I'm afraid to listen to what sounds like an awful time.

Edit: Was it this guy maybe? http://www.f4wonline.com/bryan-and-vinny-show/bvn-granny-nxt-nwa-world-championship-wrestling-more-233826

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh I remember that guy now. He said way less on the 90 minute podcast than he did in half an hour with Dave

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I'm assuming booze was involved in that

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Was that the same guy who kept calling into WOL every day insisting that Braun Strowman could beat Lesnar in a shootfight? And was apparently serious about this argument?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

Was that the same guy who kept calling into WOL every day insisting that Braun Strowman could beat Lesnar in a shootfight? And was apparently serious about this argument?

lmao what

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

what

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There was some Celtic guy who insisted size matters more than trainining. So for like a week period he kept calling in and arguing Strowman should win due to size. He tried to claim experience doesn't matter with great questions like "If Brock fought a polar bear with no trainining, who would win? Brock or the untrained bear?"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
does Brock get wolverine style claws in this hypothetical polar bear match up

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Benne posted:

It would be great if he was and kept that gimmick up forever. he was best WOL caller for awhile

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
So, it took a while, but here's the latest Sidewalk Slam. This one's for Money In The Bank and Extreme Rules. Or Money Rules, to simplify.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Would you rather fight 10 Brock-sized polar bears or one polar bear-sized Brock?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Endless Mike posted:

one polar bear-sized Brock?

So, just regular Brock then?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Dave keeping kayfabe about the Bryan/Tom superkick at the start of WOR was hilarious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

Dave keeping kayfabe about the Bryan/Tom superkick at the start of WOR was hilarious.

I love that he sided with Bryan too - Tom DESERVED that superkick!

Bryan: Before we start, let's talk about the Convention
Dave: Oh we should talk about the Convention before we start!
Bryan: Well... I am!
Dave: Okay let's talk about it!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

TTBF posted:

There was some Celtic guy who insisted size matters more than trainining. So for like a week period he kept calling in and arguing Strowman should win due to size. He tried to claim experience doesn't matter with great questions like "If Brock fought a polar bear with no trainining, who would win? Brock or the untrained bear?"

he sounds designed more scots, tbh

It'll probably end up on the Best of 2017 compilation, since this guy called in like 4 or 5 times in the span of a week and at the end everyone was riffing on him

some WOL riffs that I remembered I posted at the time

exploded mummy posted:

"Could a Braun Strowman sized Brock Lesnar beat a Brock Lesnar sized Braun Strowman"

exploded mummy posted:

"Who would win in a fight a Bryan sized Sempervive or a Sempervive sized Bryan"

"Who would win Bryan vs Vinny or Bryan vs Craig. I think Bryan could take Vinny but Craig would win"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 21, 2017

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

The new AIW podcast is loving brutal. They go into detail about how Chandler Biggins died. It was a flesh eating bacteria that started in the genitals. gently caress, what a horrible way to go.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
How do you get that there

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I love that he sided with Bryan too - Tom DESERVED that superkick!

Bryan: Before we start, let's talk about the Convention
Dave: Oh we should talk about the Convention before we start!
Bryan: Well... I am!
Dave: Okay let's talk about it!

For some reason, today's episode of WOR is the only one where Meltzer's constant interruption actually annoyed me while listening.
The weird thing, though, is that if I go back and listen to older WORs, Dave doesn't seem like he's always been as interruption-prone and rambling as he basically always does now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

exploded mummy posted:

washed his balls too much, I guess?

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

It's a rare disease called Fournier's Gangrene. He was diabetic and hadn't taken his meds in six months which apparently trashed his immune system.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

very carelessly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Big Bidness posted:

He was diabetic and hadn't taken his meds in six months

Why the gently caress would you not take your meds for six months? :stare:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Why the gently caress would you not take your meds for six months? :stare:

This is America so.... Couldn't afford them? I haven't listened to the podcast yet.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, he lost his job so he lost his insurance. I'm sure he had some other options, but he was too proud or embarrassed or whatever to ask for help.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Life is a cruel, cruel bitch. Does nothing to avoid embarrassment, dies of dick eating bacteria.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

sleepwalkers posted:

For some reason, today's episode of WOR is the only one where Meltzer's constant interruption actually annoyed me while listening.
The weird thing, though, is that if I go back and listen to older WORs, Dave doesn't seem like he's always been as interruption-prone and rambling as he basically always does now.

Dave is an old man now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Catching up on WORs from the weekend:

Dave: I just dread [Asuka] on the main roster doing 50/50
Bryan: Well, hopefully...I mean, Nakamura hasn't lost yet!
Dave: ...you shouldn't have said that!

:smith:

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

VJeff posted:

Catching up on WORs from the weekend:

Dave: I just dread [Asuka] on the main roster doing 50/50
Bryan: Well, hopefully...I mean, Nakamura hasn't lost yet!
Dave: ...you shouldn't have said that!

:smith:

got to this part on the audio as i was reading

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

sleepwalkers posted:

Bryan was the one constantly interrupting today.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Big Bidness posted:

Yeah, he lost his job so he lost his insurance. I'm sure he had some other options, but he was too proud or embarrassed or whatever to ask for help.

There are a bunch of ways but like everything else healthcare in the US, you gotta do a bunch of legwork to get qualified.

http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/health-insurance/prescription-assistance.html?referrer=https://www.google.com/

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Ohio has expanded medicaid, so it should have taken him about 5 minutes online to sign up for that

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Just posted:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/899921203447554048

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Big Bidness posted:

Fournier's Gangrene.

I know an infectious disease doctor. This is a terrible, terrible way to go. Control your diabetes.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
How can Bryan spend so much money on audio equipment and not lose his mind when Dave sounds like a robot for his entire show?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'm guessing the setup needs to work for Dave more than it needs to work for Bryan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I just assume that since Bryan has been dealing with Dave things for almost 20 years he's just accepted it's never changing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CascadeBeta posted:

How can Bryan spend so much money on audio equipment and not lose his mind when Dave sounds like a robot for his entire show?

I loved the episode where Dave's UPS was beeping all through the show and you could hear Bryan's heart sink

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
http://tindeck.com/listen/zbaol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

I can't listen to this, the veins in my eyes just healed.

• Locked thread