Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

maskenfreiheit posted:

for gently caress's sake drop the argument and comment on ~~my fresh content~~

My wife (28/f) always wants me to snuggle her to sleep, but I (36/m) sometimes don't want to. Argued for years.

Just snuggle your wife and share her bedtime, then do the gaming/3d printing in the morning, you dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

WampaLord posted:

I'm just going to post stories until we finally move on.

I found out that my [27F] husband [28M] has been letting people gossip about me behind my back. I feel really hurt and not sure how to deal.

gently caress this guy, :sever:

disagree, i've been in this situation. you're dating a crazy person, you treat them like gold, one time you make an offhand comment when exacerbated, and they paint you as evil.

he should dump her, she seems to be way too sensitive.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

WampaLord posted:

I found out that my [27F] husband [28M] has been letting people gossip about me behind my back. I feel really hurt and not sure how to deal.

Guy's an rear end, I hope she's in therapy.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

maskenfreiheit posted:

My wife (28/f) always wants me to snuggle her to sleep, but I (36/m) sometimes don't want to. Argued for years.

Read a loving book, idiot, and spend time with your wife.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

maskenfreiheit posted:

Just cuddle your goddamned wife, you goon. Or else you're going to end up divorced. This is one of those relationship maintenance things, like still having date night. Do it or she will find someone else who will.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Everybody thinks she's crazy because she wants her dog to be let out while nobody is in the house? That's a perfectly reasonable standard of pet care -- even if most people are fine with leaving animals home alone all day, it's actually commendable not to do so and it's not crazy at all. Mother-in-law et al. are bitchy shitheads and husband is also a bitchy shithead for passing their dumb bitchy poo poo on to his wife.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

WampaLord posted:

He's the one who started the rumor in college to isolate her and date her, I bet.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
How do I meet older woman and hookup with one instantly and what can I learn from having sex or dating an cougar (self.dating)

quote:

So I'm 18 years old and still a virgin. I'm starting to think that the best way to lose my sexual incompetence is to get in bed with a milf and I've been dying to for a few weeks now. Is it healthy ? What can I learn from it? If you had sex with a cougar how was it ?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

maskenfreiheit posted:

How do I meet older woman and hookup with one instantly

cougar keurig

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

maskenfreiheit posted:

How do I meet older woman and hookup with one instantly and what can I learn from having sex or dating an cougar (self.dating)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C1BCAgu2I8

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

I actually met one on OkCupid once. She was divorced, had kids, and constantly busy. I was young, actively looking to leave the city, and had an apartment walking distance from the metro. Truly a match made in heaven.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmhiWbk7tAo

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

maskenfreiheit posted:

Stifler's mom clip

:laffo: Exactly.

I know that younger men loving older women has always happened forever, but this movie definitely popularized the "MILF" concept in a huge way.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
My (23f) fiance (25m) of 2 years didn't buy the engagement ring I picked out, spent literally 20 times as much and he cried and complained how I don't appreciate his gesture and the debt he's in.

quote:

Hey everyone, so "Mark" and I are sort of an odd couple but we get along great. We did a "ringless" proposal over Memorial Day which I loved because I enjoy non traditional things. I told him, literally I don't even really want a ring because I'd just take it off all the time anyways to ride my bike. Plus when we get married, I want a JOP a witness and hiking in the Andes or something.

He insisted so we went shopping, I actually found one I really liked and it was only $1500. Mark kept insisting "this is what a Taco Bell manager Gets his 7th baby mama" and that we look more. I accepted we look more but never found anything I liked as much as the more simple ring.

Well it came time to give it to me, and he pulled out this massive diamond ring that didn't even come close to the one I picked out. My first reaction was "that's not what I picked out." He said "you don't like it?" I said I told him exactly what I wanted and that I would much rather have money for a good honey moon. Mark actually started crying because he felt so Unappreciated. I said I'd try it out for a few days to see if I could get used to it. He said he thought I was joking about the cheap ring and small wedding and that every time I opened my mouth about the wedding i hurt his feelings. Any feelings I had of compromise were gone and said I actually wasn't going to wear the ring, it's not my style, it's not what I wanted and I was scared to know how much it cost. He said it cost him $32000 and started crying again about credit card debt.

For two years we've done this pattern where Michael gets emotional, I comfort him, try to solve his problem (call his mom, email a professor, return something to a store, etc...) tell him everything's going to be ok and we try to move on. I wasn't having it yesterday. I got up and said "you got yourself into this. I'm not fixing it" and went home.

He's texted me god knows how many times but I'm not even curious enough to read them.

Is this the sign I've been waiting for that we aren't compatible?

tl;dr: Fiance spent $33000 on a ring that I didn't want, doesn't match my personality at all and is insulted and crying over it.

THIRTY

THREE

THOUSAND

DOLLARS

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

corn on the cop posted:

My (23f) fiance (25m) of 2 years didn't buy the engagement ring I picked out, spent literally 20 times as much and he cried and complained how I don't appreciate his gesture and the debt he's in.

THIRTY

THREE

THOUSAND

DOLLARS

:stare:

I could live off of that for a year and a half.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
- Emotionally infantile
- Financially irresponsible
- Racist

we've hit the trifecta

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

corn on the cop posted:

THIRTY

THREE

THOUSAND

DOLLARS

Oh my god this is perfect.

Keep the ring, :sever:, and loving sell it it you nerd. Go live abroad for a year.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

corn on the cop posted:

- Emotionally infantile
- Financially irresponsible
- Racist

we've hit the trifecta

uh actually i think you should sit down and talk to the guy before assuming that he's racist :smug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

I got up and said "you got yourself into this. I'm not fixing it" and went home.

This owns and is worthy of Pete-tier status.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

The best part about guys who do poo poo like that is that they reveal that they are just getting married to you as a trophy to show off, not as a life partner.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Avenging_Mikon posted:

gently caress off you piece of poo poo.

quote:

You're a disingenuous piece of poo poo who lives to take the worst position in an attempt to be edgy, and I full expect you have a kekistan flag over your bed.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Edit: Also figurative piles of poo poo, apparently.

WampaLord posted:

I hope you burn in hell you motherfucker. You're the worst kind of scum.

Hey guys, I'd like to take a legit moment here. We all post our opinions on poo poo. Today I was pointing out that just because someone went to a rally it may be worth figuring out how deep they are into that belief system and whether they are salvageable.

I try not to attack people personally, there's no loving reason for this poo poo just because you disagree with a point I'm making. Like seriously. Maybe try to find some other way to express disagreement than what you're doing here? Idk.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Hey guys, I'd like to take a legit moment here. We all post our opinions on poo poo. Today I was pointing out that just because someone went to a rally it may be worth figuring out how deep they are into that belief system and whether they are salvageable.

I try not to attack people personally, there's no loving reason for this poo poo just because you disagree with a point I'm making. Like seriously. Maybe try to find some other way to express disagreement than what you're doing here? Idk.

Maybe take a second of self awareness and realize that you've been dumb in this thread countless times before, and yet this time is the one time you got personally attacked so hard. Maybe realize that's because trying to morally equivocate for a Nazi is a really really really bad look and some of us are loving sick of people who try to do it.

But by all means, if you want to keep crying about how unfair and mean all these anti-Nazi folks are being to you, feel free to continue showing your entire rear end. :allears:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Why even figure out whether the kid wanted to be there or whether he buys into that or what the story was or how long they've had these beliefs and whether it's something that can be changed, could even try therapy...

no once someone goes to a nazi rally that means that in their heart they are a nazi and you can just shoot them or punch them at that point because that's how it works, the nazis are like ISIS it's a sticky organization once you join you can't really leave you just report them to the local antifa chapter for destruction and so it's time to disown the kid and never talk to him again, on account of him falling to the dark (nazi) side.

That is how it works yes

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
won't someone think of the kindhearted nazis

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Ham Sandwiches posted:

even if you are being intentionally disingenuous or playing devil's advocate or something, you're well known in this thread as a lovely poster with bad opinions and so maybe you should tone down the gimmick if you want to have a serious conversation

like I get what you're saying about finding out if the kid is salvageable or Literal loving Nazi but you are, perhaps, not the person to try to make that argument because you didn't bother dropping your disingenuous south park "maybe it was just a few Nazis at the rally and the rest were normal decent people" gimmick before saying so

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Seriously please go away Ham Sandwiches, you're ruining the good name of sandwiches with ham in them

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This one could be cross posted to the "Cheap Fuckers" thread:

My (20f) bf (22m) of two years is still extremely stingy with me, would like second opinion?

quote:

This has been bothering me for a really long time now. Since the start of the relationship, I have made it clear I believe in equality in our relationship. I always pay for my meal, if he drives to see me I'll drive us to dinner and drive to see him the next time. However, he's always reminded me to get him back for things, like a $3 drink (which I had to remind him I did not actually owe him for). This was at the start of our relationship. Looking back I realize he wasn't very lenient or flexible. Last week we went out of town and back -- just enough distance to use up a tank of gas. I had planned on getting him back somehow for that gas when I figured out how, then he suggested I pay for his lunch the next day to cover my cost. I did do it, but it got me thinking, is everyone else like this in a romantic relationship?

I've literally never encountered this level of evenness with any one of my friends, male or female. They've paid a few extra for me or vice versa, same applies to driving, both from financially not-as-well-off-as-my-bf individuals. I've never asked for him to buy me ANYTHING in our relationship aside from helping me w/ transportation back when I didn't have my car and barely had hours at work. Now when he drives me, say, to the airport, I make sure to pay for parking and buy him a meal.

We're almost at the two year mark and don't have many other problems, but this habit of his has been hurting me a lot lately as I am consciously aware of his unwillingness -- no, hesitancy? -- to spend a few extra dollars on me without me paying him back somehow. I feel like this attitude also applies to his time, as it doesn't seem like he's willing to spend extra time for me just because and I wonder if something were to happen to me when it wasn't convenient for him whether he would take the time to drive half an hr to see me at all.

I actually got really upset over the whole gas ordeal (having taken that as the symbol of his attitude toward our relationship). He then told me he loved me a lot and that whole shebang. The words actually didn't help all that much though.

Am I too hung up over the gas and his tendency to get really even the whole time? Is this a normal thing in a relationship, especially a long term romantic one? His mother once told me "not EVERYTHING has to be even in a relationship" when I tried to drive for him once to get him back. And I agree - while a relationship is give and take, I'm not sure this down-to-the-dollar give and take is sustainable or healthy in the long run. Would you do this to your SO? Any advice is appreciated (if you could please mention which perspective you're speaking from -- m/f -- would be great.)

tldr; long term bf very eager to be down to the dollar even in finances, is that normal?

:byodood: "I WILL HAVE MY THREE DOLLARS, WOMAN!"

:j: "I actually bought that drink."

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i sometimes tell off color jokes, but even i think nazis are bad :colbert:

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 28, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

Leave him, take the ring, sell it for half or less what he paid, let him know that buying an asset worth that little compred to what he paid makes him untenable partner material.

Edit: gently caress a taco bell shift manager

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It's good to not personally attack reasonable people over simple differences of opinion, however you have consistently confirmed yourself as an actual idiot piece of poo poo worthy only of contempt. It's a different context, like a conservative relative and a Nazi in torchwielding mob.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yeah if you want to have legit conversation you're going to need a username change. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Engagement rings are conditional gifts in most places and she'd have to give it back if they didn't get hitched- she can't take it and bail.

Students who have their SOs (or worse, their loving parents) email their professor on their behalf (outside of, you know, "There's been an emergency, they are in the hospital and physically can't contact you") are generally really terrible, whiny people.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dienes posted:

Engagement rings are conditional gifts in most places and she'd have to give it back if they didn't get hitched- she can't take it and bail.

:laffo: There's no way this can be true.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Imo trying to change a nazi is probably only going to result in the sort of bleeding heart racism where they still think of them as different but instead of trying to suppress them switch gears to a really harmful sort of pity. It sort of legitimises racism in places like the south, its the kind of racism a pastor might display giving this train of thought an air of legitimacy. Its kinda what a lot of the older guys turn to and it gives the younger guys a way to push the limits and rebel in an acceptable way from their parents by being more extreme. Like in texas its not really uncommon to hear someone be blatantly racist yet give the shirt right off their back to a black person. When confronted this person would be horrified to be called racist becuase they are just trying to help those poor unfortunate blacks and thats good right? Its kind of the seed that keeps all this dumb poo poo going. This is all anecdotal but all you are really doing by trying to help is reshaping the racism into something that will fly under the radar and breed more racism imo.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

WampaLord posted:

it depends on the state but yes in some states it's a conditional gift

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

WampaLord posted:

Depends on where you live and why you broke up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engagement_ring#Legal_ownership

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dienes posted:

As always in America, it depends on the state and the nature of the relationship. For instance, if its montana that ring was hers the moment she held it.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

As always in America, it depends on the state and the nature of the relationship. For instance, if its montana that ring was hers the moment she held it.

apparently in conditional states some of them say the condition is literally just saying "yes I accept this engagment", you don't actually have to get married LOL

Barudak
May 7, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

apparently in conditional states some of them say the condition is literally just saying "yes I accept this engagment", you don't actually have to get married LOL

Another good one is "ring as compensation" why yes your honor, i did drive him o groceries and split utilities with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Barudak posted:

Leave him, take the ring, sell it for half or less what he paid, let him know that buying an asset worth that little compred to what he paid makes him untenable partner material.

Edit: gently caress a taco bell shift manager

I still like the engagement ring story of my parents:

My dad preposed to my mom on the spur of the moment, with no ring, when they were they were hanging out at the beach after dinner one night.

The next day, one of the huge jewelry stores opened a location beside my Mom's office and she went in and bought her own engagement ring (at an 80% off opening day sale price). And then my parents joined up all their finances a few days later.

I don't even like diamonds, but her engagement ring rules. It's a lattice of 16 small diamonds set into a plain platinum band and it looks classy and timeless 40 years later.

What I'm saying is I want to pick out my own ring and have it be reasonably priced and my boyfriend knows this.