Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

oddium posted:

home movies was the best cartoon

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

LegoMan posted:

Biologically speaking I have succeeded at life
mechanically speaking, i have succeeded at life :unsmith:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Oiled and Ready posted:

I knew this was gonna happen

I almost edited it in at #2, but since I haven't watched it yet I felt that would be a hollow gesture

I did like the first two episodes, watched 'em a few weeks ago, but I haven't gotten around to getting into it with a proper binge yet

they're really bad compared to the rest ofthe series fwiw

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Thatim posted:

Is there something humus doesnt taste great on?

nazis

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

love to breathe

http://i.imgur.com/5IW9KKe.gifv

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Just put some humus on an apple, it's still great. Hmmmmmmm I am on to something

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

OhFunny posted:

So Trump's going to speak about America's engagements in Afghanistan and South Asia tomorrow at 9PM.

Maybe he'll update his "disco sex was like Vietnam" joke

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I watched Frisky Dingo as it aired, and liked it, but I barely remember it now. I kind of think their content has gotten worse with every show though. Sealab was the best, followed by FD, then Archer is by far the worst.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hummus makes be gassy and bloated

:shrug:

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Don't eat Nazis, their poor diet makes poor meat

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Duscat posted:

the president of the united states announces a big speech on america's longest war ever

and nobody knows what he's going to say

or even what subject he'll talk about

http://i.imgur.com/kChJqzH.gifv

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

euphronius posted:

hummus makes be gassy and bloated

:shrug:

That's just an additional bonus. Eat humus, lie onder some seats and make a dutch oven

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's hilarious how pundits :thunk: this the gently caress up, asking "Why is he dismantling the State Department?!?!?" when the answer is obvious. Destroying one of our primary ways to project power abroad is literally a goal of Russia, and Donny is doing this because of Russian urine on VHS (too hot for TV).

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

could or already has?

:thunk:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Reality Winner posted:

the pilot is easily the worst episode

I see this said all the time and I don't agree at all. It's one of the best. The worst are probably the "women, am I right?" planet in season 1, and Get Schwifty in season 2, which blew apart from "Show us what you got!"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

LegoMan posted:

Listen man I saw pictures for it and put it off for a long time but it's a good show to watch with the kids.
most goons that watch the show are ....special, hence the reaction

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

most goons that watch the show are ....special, hence the reaction

Kind of redundant isn't it

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Humus is delicious

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

home movies aint even the best cartoon in squigglevision
Dr. Katz is really good, but I like Home Movies more. Bob's Burgers is probably the worst of the Bouchard shows but it's still great.

Dr. Katz has been doing new episodes this summer but they're just audio. Still pretty cool.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

It's hilarious how pundits :thunk: this the gently caress up, asking "Why is he dismantling the State Department?!?!?" when the answer is obvious. Destroying one of our primary ways to project power abroad is literally a goal of Russia, and Donny is doing this because of Russian urine on VHS (too hot for TV).

yup, putin pulled the 9/11 of foreign propaganda campaigns with trump, brexit & the 4chan nazis popping up all over the west

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Goons and special

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
1st brain: rick and morty
2nd brain: sealab
3rd brain: frisky dingo
final brain: the venture brothers

also trumps announcement for Afghanistan is gonna be a loving disaster for the country we have occupied since 2001. in my opinion

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Duscat posted:

yup, putin pulled the 9/11 of foreign propaganda campaigns with trump, brexit & the 4chan nazis popping up all over the west

it's the biggest single act of capitalist terror in the country ever. it's loving obvious what happened, and it's obvious what donny's motivations are for even his :thunk:iest poo poo. the fact that he lasted more than a day as a real candidate with Manafort, the KGB Mary Poppins, is shameful

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Nichael posted:

They kind of did. There's an entire episode in season 19 about a hypothetical Donny presidency of Canada that is a disaster, and results in mass immigration of Canadians to the USA. He's also only voted in as a "joke" that goes too far.

They addressed it to be sure, but poorly.

The vast, vast majority of 60+ million Trump voters was not as a goof, it was a combination of support for White Nationalism and being suckered by a con-man promising "all your wildest dreams come true". SNL blew them out of the water by mocking the whole Trump movement directly instead of trying to parody him through a Mr Garrison surrogate.

Oh, and the whole "Douche vs. poo poo Sandwich" classic comparison looks utterly retarded in retrospect.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
captain star was underrated and good

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nichael posted:

it's the biggest single act of capitalist terror in the country ever. it's loving obvious what happened, and it's obvious what donny's motivations are for even his :thunk:iest poo poo. the fact that he lasted more than a day as a real candidate with Manafort, the KGB Mary Poppins, is shameful

do we even really deserve to have a nation that can't survive being puppeted by a foreign power?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

itt ppl talk about how their favorite cartoon is better than ur favorite cartoon

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Ray posted:

i haven't seen the show because rick is loving intolerable within the first 5 minutes of the pilot

watch this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZqbm33onUE

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/fivefifths/status/899364536939143168

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Reality Winner posted:

captain star was underrated and good

Ah, The Boiling Hell

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
trump 213: another uneventful day

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

Squizzle posted:

its tomorrow bra, the bustier of the future

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Nichael posted:

I watched Frisky Dingo as it aired, and liked it, but I barely remember it now. I kind of think their content has gotten worse with every show though. Sealab was the best, followed by FD, then Archer is by far the worst.

Early Archer was the most mainstream and broadly appealing Adam Reed series by far. Like way, way, way more successful than the other two. I love Frisky Dingo but it had no idea what the gently caress it was doing and the humor was really iffy. Sealab was brilliant but it was built around an audience of young socially alienated men +/- stoned out of their gourds.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Say Hello to Queen Dopplepopolis for me!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MadJackal posted:

They addressed it to be sure, but poorly.

The vast, vast majority of 60+ million Trump voters was not as a goof, it was a combination of support for White Nationalism and being suckered by a con-man promising "all your wildest dreams come true". SNL blew them out of the water by mocking the whole Trump movement directly instead of trying to parody him through a Mr Garrison surrogate.

Oh, and the whole "Douche vs. poo poo Sandwich" classic comparison looks utterly retarded in retrospect.

Well, the episode where it was a vote as a joke happened before any votes were actually cast, in Fall 2015. It was a decent (not great) take for a slightly more innocent time.

I don't think Season 20 using Garrison as a surrogate was a bad choice, because they had already written themselves into that corner, and it was obvious who they were parodying. The overall direction of Season 20 was lovely, but Stone and Parker seem to be aware of that. The title of that finale was "The End of Serialization as We Know It" so I think they had an idea of their missteps. But then again, their decision to not go after him at all in Season 21 is really loving stupid, so who knows.

SNL blew them out of the water, sure, but only after they (and NBC as a whole) spent several seasons of television normalizing Donny, through him literally hosting SNL twice, mugging on the camera with the black hole of comedy Fallon, and his awful reality show.

I won't defend Douche vs. poo poo Sandwich at all. It was always a dumb episode. It was dumb in 2004. It's even dumber now. It's bad.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Nichael posted:

I see this said all the time and I don't agree at all. It's one of the best. The worst are probably the "women, am I right?" planet in season 1, and Get Schwifty in season 2, which blew apart from "Show us what you got!"

Best episode is with that brain thing that creates fake memories with people

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/899374807103397888

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

do we even really deserve to have a nation that can't survive being puppeted by a foreign power?

we deserve one, but we can't have one until the way campaigns are financed is completely redesigned

with unlimited dark money, foreign governments, companies and individuals don't even need manaforts and piss tapes to buy elections here, putin only did that because it was cheaper and it's what he has a very specific set of skills for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zen death robot posted:

my copay is $15

yeah i should really make the move to DBA one of these days, the only thing stopping me at this point is the person who wants to pull me over doesnt have the budget

• Locked thread