Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Taintrunner posted:

I can't wait to manage my own alien lizard theme park in Star Citizen

Pets confirmed!
Thank you FDev for forcing CIG's hand on the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yes but can I put my pet out the airlock and have the Star Citizen police arrest me for negligence

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Wise Learned Man posted:

But enough about MoMA.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013
I'm up!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sup bros! ))<>((

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Less than a week until the game changer surprise that will vanquish goons forever.
I am excited

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
you must enter the homoerotic meme cyber code word to view this message

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

He needs the 9 Voices chart, stat, with his name on the far right end of the Zealot band. Surely that would help him see things more clearly.

But seriously, what chart is he talking about? He's not raging about the Alpha 3.0 chart, is he?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

G0RF posted:

He needs the 9 Voices chart, stat, with his name on the far right end of the Zealot band. Surely that would help him see things more clearly.

But seriously, what chart is he talking about? He's not raging about the Alpha 3.0 chart, is he?

This one:

It really touched a nerve over on Reddit

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Imagine being excited for an Alpha patch with ambiguous content for a game that's going to be three years overdue by the time the Alpha patch is rushed out the door.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

:gary:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Hope somebody other than CIG was responsible for installing that door, otherwise I'm thinking major fire code violations

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Somewhere Chris Roberts is currently screaming at someone about dinosaurs.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
If you have never watched the Heaven's Gate documentary, it's a really good watch.

Michael Camino (who died last year btw) was a great movie director, who knew how to make really good movies. He made The Deer Hunter.

When he was given 100% complete control, unlimited budget, and no restraints, it all went to poo poo, and it permanently affected the industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyeOmPMHRYg

Despite the clusterfuck, the actual financial hit to the studio was negligible.

Now imagine if the money was put up by independant investors, and Camino didn't know how to make movies.

Maldoror fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Aug 20, 2017

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

AP posted:

Somewhere Chris Roberts is currently screaming at someone about dinosaurs.

That's not possible. With his incredible vision and unmatched project management chops, CIG's unprecedented biological procedural generation and full reality simulator guarantees that on some of CR's planets, the natural course of evolution has resulted in procedural dinosaurs.

Star Citizen's subsumption AI guarantees that every other game will exist in this universe as emergent gameplay. Somewhere in Star Citizen's universe is Starcraft, Half-Life, and Cabela's Big Game Hunter. You just have to find them!

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Paramemetic posted:

Hope somebody other than CIG was responsible for installing that door, otherwise I'm thinking major fire code violations

Somebody post doorgate.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

That's not possible. With his incredible vision and unmatched project management chops, CIG's unprecedented biological procedural generation and full reality simulator guarantees that on some of CR's planets, the natural course of evolution has resulted in procedural dinosaurs.

Star Citizen's subsumption AI guarantees that every other game will exist in this universe as emergent gameplay. Somewhere in Star Citizen's universe is Starcraft, Half-Life, and Cabela's Big Game Hunter. You just have to find them!
It's like Library of Babel but for games.

In that it can generate any given game procedurally, but to actually find it you have to code it yourself.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Star Citizen Gamescom opening crawl LEAKED

https://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/AKs0l5OISWIVZvIwo6XG

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/899244463024988160

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Maldoror posted:

Somebody post doorgate.

quote:

As it turns out, not only is the framework by Stanley Access, but also that particular size, dimensions, is about $17K. Even if the whole contraption does in fact include wood or hollow dry wall, including professional installation (as seen in the images), that entire vanity contraption is estimated to have cost backers around $20K.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

hey reddit archive this

http://i.imgur.com/qJVTev9.gifv

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

The weird thing about RSI is the backers are more than happy to see their money wasted- they send the studios donuts with Froot Loops and artisan pizzas and chocolate covered fruit on a stick and all kinds of bullshit overpriced food offerings.

CIG develops games like a cargo cult as the eminent Scruffpuff described earlier but the backers are more of a volcano cult- throwing whatever tribute they can muster into the infernal maw of the volcano, to be swallowed up and consumed and create no benefit to anything. Meanwhile their very religion dictates that it's just a matter of a few more Oregonian fruit baskets to achieve game development nirvana.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
faggots clamoring over reddit anyone want a link

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

nawledgelambo posted:

No, take 50 screenshots, and post them here, one per thread reply.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

nawledgelambo posted:

back to school!

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
gamescom

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Sorry to doxx you again Beet but god drat clean your sink and fix that rotten backsplash ffs

https://twitter.com/AestheticNon/status/892505361378312192

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The weird thing about RSI is the backers are more than happy to see their money wasted- they send the studios donuts with Froot Loops and artisan pizzas and chocolate covered fruit on a stick and all kinds of bullshit overpriced food offerings.

CIG develops games like a cargo cult as the eminent Scruffpuff described earlier but the backers are more of a volcano cult- throwing whatever tribute they can muster into the infernal maw of the volcano, to be swallowed up and consumed and create no benefit to anything. Meanwhile their very religion dictates that it's just a matter of a few more Oregonian fruit baskets to achieve game development nirvana.

I heard this one cultist even sent CIG some beer that he brewed himself.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

*enters bubble*

*pulls down pants*

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the insanity triples every second

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Hmm. This fundamental misunderstanding of the tall-poppy syndrome seems very familiar from the days of old. I wonder whose re-reg this is.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Good idea. Lets give this new system a name. Hmmm... what should we call it? Maybe Spectrum? Is that name taken yet for a blocked off Star Citizen community?

I pretty much think discussing Star Citizen should just be blocked permanently forever. Only the marketing material should exist and nobody can talk about it. Just accept that it is fact and if your game doesn't resemble it then you're just playing it wrong.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

Could people in this thread start clarifying if they are talking about Old 3.0 or New 3.0? It's very confusing and hard to keep track of the games progress

Pretty sure talking about stuff CIG planned and talked about and promised pre-2017 is considered FUD today. We should only be discussing new 3.0.

I for one am looking greatly forward to render to texture gameplay and everything it will bring to the table!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
gotta admit, I haven't been rubbin' as much as I should've in these last couple weeks, but that reddit post reminded me of it.

also, Back to Skool, bitches.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

I am a Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pretty much spot on. I'm only here to encourage the endless barrage of homoerotic posting. :shlick: