Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!
I heard there's no free trial but that players can give out codes to try the game. Is that true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Dejawesp posted:

I heard there's no free trial but that players can give out codes to try the game. Is that true?

The trial used to require a code, but for a while now they just started giving them away. At the top of the main website https://www.blackdesertonline.com/ you can grab a 7 day free trial with no code required.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

J posted:

The trial used to require a code, but for a while now they just started giving them away. At the top of the main website https://www.blackdesertonline.com/ you can grab a 7 day free trial with no code required.

Hey you're right. Downloading now.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Edit: woops ignore me

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Also IIRC the free trial stacks with a code trial as long as you do the free first, so you can get 14 days.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
As a guild, we've started to reach the point where we're consistently paying out more than we make in the 400mil weekly welfare + whatever we make in guild quests.
I've brought it up a few times in the past in guild chat and discord but figured I'd add it here so no one can say they didn't know.

We previously just cranked payouts up so we don't lose money to taxes but starting today, as contracts run out, renewals will be given out based on contributions (known as Activity in game).
Plenty of Goons hit the max payout then stopped showing up to guild quests and are just coasting.
Anyone currently under 200k guild activity will have their renewals set at 3million instead of 5. New Goons will still have the opportunity to max their payout then get a month to collect. Then future contracts will be based off activity points.

This will be a fluid system based off of how much we are paying out and the 200k bar will rise with time and the payouts will be adjusted as needed. For the most part, most people getting to 5mil will be around 100k if their contracts are renewed frequently as they level.

If we do things like take nodes and gain additional income, I'll take that into consideration as well for new contracts.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

TVDinna posted:

As a guild, we've started to reach the point where we're consistently paying out more than we make in the 400mil weekly welfare + whatever we make in guild quests.
I've brought it up a few times in the past in guild chat and discord but figured I'd add it here so no one can say they didn't know.

We previously just cranked payouts up so we don't lose money to taxes but starting today, as contracts run out, renewals will be given out based on contributions (known as Activity in game).
Plenty of Goons hit the max payout then stopped showing up to guild quests and are just coasting.
Anyone currently under 200k guild activity will have their renewals set at 3million instead of 5. New Goons will still have the opportunity to max their payout then get a month to collect. Then future contracts will be based off activity points.

This will be a fluid system based off of how much we are paying out and the 200k bar will rise with time and the payouts will be adjusted as needed. For the most part, most people getting to 5mil will be around 100k if their contracts are renewed frequently as they level.

If we do things like take nodes and gain additional income, I'll take that into consideration as well for new contracts.

Thats, 6 people. lol.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

I think my RPG barbie might be jewish :ohdear:

Edit: Or a satanist. I'm not well read on the directions.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

The hexagram symbolizes the combination of two elements: fire and water, or air and earth. :tipshat:

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

My kind of game :getin:

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Ops wrong thread :negative:

Dejawesp fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 4, 2017

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Dejawesp posted:

fantasies

Will Joe Biden run then?

I liked him.

:confused:

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

I opened a SALR window for this thread to help spell check a word. I then wrote a reply for another thread and it pulled up the same window and made the post here.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
When I get m2 farming, I want my title to be "Big Farma'"

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Black Desert Online: Cuties, somehow.

Dejawesp fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Aug 7, 2017

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Dejawesp posted:

Black Desert Online: Cuties, somehow. Check out these teeth

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Impromptu Parks n Rec beach band

Cheap Shot fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Aug 11, 2017

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
I joined TRUMP because the memes in guild chat are more entertaining than the game itself.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Flavor Truck posted:

I joined TRUMP because the memes in guild chat are more entertaining than the game itself.

I hear your guild builds walls

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Gonna grind helms at level 58 til my face falls off. I need those new accessories!

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

stump collector posted:

Gonna grind helms at level 58 til my face falls off. I need those new accessories!

helms are the great value susans

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I might just level up another character so I am not so bored when grinding mediah for accessories that will almost certainly have a horrible drop rate

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Lmao is this a real thing now? Been awhile since I played this game. Guess I won't be coming back any time soon!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Oh boy you can spend 20 cents to earn like 10k silver, what a loving dealbreaker!

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

gwrtheyrn posted:

Oh boy you can spend 20 cents to earn like 10k silver, what a loving dealbreaker!

Yeah just this by itself doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it definitely sets a lovely precedence about where this game is headed in the future.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

fletcher posted:

Yeah just this by itself doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it definitely sets a lovely precedence about where this game is headed in the future.

That poo poo sailed ages ago with artisan memories

gwrtheyrn fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 17, 2017

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

gwrtheyrn posted:

10k silver is basically nothing, though. Like, less nothing than even 20 cents.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

10k silver is basically nothing, though. Like, less nothing than even 20 cents.

:thejoke:

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

idgi

Mokhu
Mar 3, 2004

NCAA Hopesman Winner 2008
Fallen Rib
Just came across this thread while searching for a solid MMO to play. This looks promising. Can't decide between witch/wizard. Any pointers to help me select one? Does Witch provide better support?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mokhu posted:

Just came across this thread while searching for a solid MMO to play. This looks promising. Can't decide between witch/wizard. Any pointers to help me select one? Does Witch provide better support?

they're pretty much 95% the same where the only diff is that wizards get a tiny bit more dps capability and witches more support whne they awaken. they're both very good classes

Mokhu
Mar 3, 2004

Fallen Rib

Futaba Anzu posted:

they're pretty much 95% the same where the only diff is that wizards get a tiny bit more dps capability and witches more support whne they awaken. they're both very good classes

Thank you. It looks like they're a good PVE class. Are they competitive in PVP as well?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mokhu posted:

Thank you. It looks like they're a good PVE class. Are they competitive in PVP as well?

they're literally top tier in pvp and pve lol

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

They are also super easy to play.

Go witch to be true to Korean mmo and make the prettiest princess

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Mokhu posted:

Kings and Queens of group pvp.

Mokhu
Mar 3, 2004

Fallen Rib
Thanks guys. Ended up going with a wizard. I might make a slut-witch at some point..

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I think witch might also use lightning more, which is obviously cooler than fire

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
Wizard has higher dmg numbers, a better 100% ultimate and a grab that witch doesn't for some reason??? Also they have slightly better mobility as well.

Witch is still a v good class but wizard is just randomly better for some Korean Reasons (Princess/Boob Tax)

Also, Striker is a lot of fun and a good class

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
finally woke up my dk. is it worth it to upgrade the blue weapon or should I just use the +10 green it comes with. I'll probably never get to the point where I get a dande or have enough money to snipe one