Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Nothing like waking up to the sound of water splashing.

I think this makes the 5th time in a year that this loving shithole has had some kind major leak. All of them because of plumbing. :fuckoff:

Sadi posted:

My grandma grew up in NM. When ever my family is out that way we buy some and fly it back. It's so hard to get on the east coast.

Click on this.

Also, what part of NM is she from?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I had homemade spicy fried chicken last night. The ring of fire, it burns burns burns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

You Am I posted:

An axe murderer?

A vehicular murderer.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rhyno posted:

A vehicular murderer.

They killed a car?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

spog posted:

They killed a car?

Well the car in question did vanish so they could prove he was behind the wheel so yeah probably!

Also we now have the stalker's legal name and address! Going to file the order tomorrow morning!

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I think the last time I used ublock to block something on SA it was one of TT's gifted avatars. I'm loving sick of looking at the new newbie avatar on SA so I had to invoke it again. gently caress that poo poo, it's unnerving. Is that all lowtax came back to do?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

It's hatch chile season. :swoon:
I think it's time to go raid Sprouts and Whole Foods, spend a day roasting chiles, and vacuum seal them before freezing. Add hatch chiles to all the foods!

I find no faults in this plan.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Rhyno posted:

Well the car in question did vanish so they could prove he was behind the wheel so yeah probably!

Also we now have the stalker's legal name and address! Going to file the order tomorrow morning!

Your life is much more exciting than mine

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Click on this.

Also, what part of NM is she from?

Rainsville.

I have a lot of Colorado family so that's my normal source for roast peppers.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Goodnight, funnyman.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

It's hatch chile season. :swoon:

I grew up a little over an hour away from Hatch NM. I think it's time to go raid Sprouts and Whole Foods, spend a day roasting chiles, and vacuum seal them before freezing. Add hatch chiles to all the foods!

I have spent waaaay too much time in NM this year (like nearly 2 months), and goddamn are those people obsessed with green chiles. You can't go to any restaurant in ABQ and not find at least 4 green chile items on the menu.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Adiabatic posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren:

With the vitriol on both sides, I'm banning political chat in AI.

The hero we need, but don't deserve.

So much stuff to do on the cars and it's just too hot and :effort:.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

"We need genocide of entire groups of people because pseudoscience."
"No you're wrong."

WELP both sides are bad what can we do.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
NM

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Aug 20, 2017

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Dannywilson posted:

I have spent waaaay too much time in NM this year (like nearly 2 months), and goddamn are those people obsessed with green chiles. You can't go to any restaurant in ABQ and not find at least 4 green chile items on the menu.

Well I mean, I grew up in El Paso, so while I was technically born in Texas, I grew up on Mexican and New Mexican food So yeah, I'm equally obsessed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Robert Nkemdiche (football player, Cardinals) wants to buy my bus for $8200. What is even going on.

I listed it for $9k, which is my "I'm willing to let this go" price. He's been the only response so far. I thought it was total spam, but dude has called and we've talked over the phone. Seems legit. I'll keep my eyes open for anything shady even then though.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
fuckit, doit.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wonder if that movie he did about being a clown at a concentration camp will come out now that he has passed away.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

You Am I posted:

I wonder if that movie he did about being a clown at a concentration camp will come out now that he has passed away.

2025 apparently it's allowed to be shown

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

2025 apparently it's allowed to be shown

Or you can see the operative gist of it online already, like here: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x54zpbr

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Robert Nkemdiche (football player, Cardinals) wants to buy my bus for $8200. What is even going on.

I listed it for $9k, which is my "I'm willing to let this go" price. He's been the only response so far. I thought it was total spam, but dude has called and we've talked over the phone. Seems legit. I'll keep my eyes open for anything shady even then though.

Lol, what were his thoughts on the dragon mural?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So I told him west side phoenix (like, Banner Estrella / 91st ave and the 10 area), and they somehow misheard, even though it was through text, 92nd street. A woman called (apparently he was driving) with a very matter of fact "Well, he wants to buy this TODAY or TOMORROW, can you meet us halfway?" and I replied "I have two kids I have to juggle, and it doesn't have A/C." She seemed off-put by it not having A/C, and I said that it's an air cooled Volkswagen, they never had A/C from the factory. She continued with "He really wants this, can't you just drive to this side of town at night when it's cooler?!" and I explained that I have to go home and regroup and I'll text them later. She continued about their "very busy schedules" and I let them go.

Just got home. Haven't texted yet.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 21, 2017

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

So I told him west side phoenix (like, Banner Estrella / 91st ave and the 10 area), and they somehow misheard, even though it was through text, 92nd street. A woman called (apparently he was driving) with a very matter of fact "Well, he wants to buy this TODAY or TOMORROW, can you meet us halfway?" and I replied "I have two kids I have to juggle, and it doesn't have A/C." She seemed off-put by it not having A/C, and I said that it's an air cooled Volkswagen, they never had A/C from the factory. She continued with "He really wants this, can't you just drive to this side of town at night when it's cooler?!" and I explained that I have to go home and regroup and I'll text them later. She continued about their "very busy schedules" and I let them go.

Just got home. Haven't texted yet.

If he wants it that bad he can come to get it :shrug:

Since he's a pro athlete he can probably just get it shipped wherever he wants if it's that big of a deal to him

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Raluek posted:

If he wants it that bad he can come to get it :shrug:

Since he's a pro athlete he can probably just get it shipped wherever he wants if it's that big of a deal to him

MGS lives within a few miles of the stadium the team plays at, it's not like it's some unknown part of the world or something.

I had no idea the bus was for sale, seems like MGS has put a lot of effort into that thing to just sell it. Ah well...

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
gently caress meeting buyers halfway come and get it

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The Locator posted:

MGS lives within a few miles of the stadium the team plays at, it's not like it's some unknown part of the world or something.

I had no idea the bus was for sale, seems like MGS has put a lot of effort into that thing to just sell it. Ah well...

I just put it up at a "gently caress, if someone's willing to pay it" price. I'd rather keep it, but having no debts is also nice. I'm actually still working actively on it.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

I just put it up at a "gently caress, if someone's willing to pay it" price. I'd rather keep it, but having no debts is also nice. I'm actually still working actively on it.

Well, good luck with it no matter which way it goes then!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I mean, what are the chances that a semi-famous person is gonna murder you and steal your van?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

For them to demand to meet right now and not talking directly to the athlete I would be suspicious of a car jacking. I always do my Craigslist transactions at the police station tho so they don't do any funny business

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Some jackass has broken out windows on 3 of the cars in our driveway.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
MGS dude fin this is really sell it. Uncomplicate your life.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Dagen H posted:

That suuuucks.

And yeah I spoke to him initially. Just seems like a GF or something during the drive itself.

They come to me, or no sale I think.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dagen H posted:

Fuckin savages. There's been an epidemic of it here lately.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mowed the lawn this afternoon. It was 99 here in north TX today. I should have gotten up early and done it, but I was up late playing Titanfall 2, and having a ball at it. Somehow I survived, though I was soaking wet by the time I was done. Humidity plus 99F sucks.
Then I went to go see Baby Driver before it's out of the theaters. That was good, guys.

Only car thing I did was replace a window sweeper trim on my Crown Vic with one from the wrecking yard, because mine had a ding and scratch on the chrome, and was rusting in the scratch. Oh, also confirmed that the three Homelink boxes I grabbed at the wrecking yard worked. They do. Now to integrate them into my visor or console.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

And for shits and grins, "halfway" is probably a solid 15 mile one-way drive.

The part that blows my mind is anyone in Phoenix hearing a Phoenix address 'above' 56th Street and still assuming east valley. I guess parts of Scottsdale stick with Phoenix's street numbering but for the most part once you get past 48th / 56th (both of which also have names), the numbers go away.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Larrymer posted:

So much stuff to do on the cars and it's just too hot and :effort:.

Story of my life lately. I finally hate having 4 cars. There is always something to do and it's just too drat hot. And I'm not even working on them yet I'm still out of money.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

LloydDobler posted:

Story of my life lately. I finally hate having 4 cars. There is always something to do and it's just too drat hot. And I'm not even working on them yet I'm still out of money.

Yeah, same. Got sick of it a year ago. I got rid of the Miata and the Land Rover and downsized to one car, with an option of borrowing my mates' econobox for when the 190e doesn't want to play ball.

I also set a new rule of "i'll do the work if I can lean over and do it from above; if the work needs a lift, it goes to the mechanic" because gently caress getting under a 27-year-old salted-roads car on stands now that I live by myself and there's no-one to hear me scream.

So I got rid of my Landie-specific tools, and the racks and racks of spare parts for it and the Miata. Emptied nearly an entire room of kit and I don't need a garage any more. All I want to do is drive my little sedan everywhere :v: Downsizing. It's great.

maybe there's a biek in my future

meltie fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Aug 21, 2017

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

meltie posted:

Yeah, same. Got sick of it a year ago. I got rid of the Miata and the Land Rover and downsized to one car, with an option of borrowing my mates' econobox for when the 190e doesn't want to play ball.

I also set a new rule of "i'll do the work if I can lean over and do it from above; if the work needs a lift, it goes to the mechanic" because gently caress getting under a 27-year-old salted-roads car on stands now that I live by myself and there's no-one to hear me scream.

So I got rid of my Landie-specific tools, and the racks and racks of spare parts for it and the Miata. Emptied nearly an entire room of kit and I don't need a garage any more. All I want to do is drive my little sedan everywhere :v: Downsizing. It's great.

maybe there's a biek in my future
Truck + Tesla + bieks is my limit, unless I win the lotto and can have someone else work on it (then I'll add another truck and go back to owning a Mustang as well). I'm only at truck + 1 bike right now.

2 bikes in the bed and towing a car is about as much as I can move at one time.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

BraveUlysses posted:

Yup no meet halfway or delivery bullshit. You want it, come get it.

Darchangel posted:

Then I went to go see Baby Driver before it's out of the theaters. That was good, guys.
Wife's out of town, plan on finally making time to see this.

LloydDobler posted:

I was really thinking about that when moving all the cars to the new place but after driving them I just can't see letting any of them go. 320i I'd consider and may give it to my Dad (was his originally) as a retirement present. Courier may get upgraded to a larger truck (CSB's?) or just replaced with a nice enclosed trailer.

Was going to work on arranging the garage yesterday (still need to fit the project) but crashed after meal prep. Passed out for two hours and probably would have slept through to morning if I didn't get woken up by a phone call. Worth waking up for, got rid of the foster cats. But after two full loads in a 20ft box truck we have 95% of our poo poo at the new place. Nothing is unpacked and there's random stuff everywhere but we're 'moved in'. Still a lot of work to do (drywall patching, 2x vanity install, bathroom/bedroom fans, interior doors) but it's livable.

Unrelated but anyone have experience with adjustable air pressure shocks like these https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mon-ma739 ? If I hang onto the Courier (pretty likely) I'm going through and refreshing all the suspension. Since it's been getting a lot of use hauling stuff and will continue (slightly less often) something like this could be nice for when I load it down near max capacity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

meltie posted:

I don't need a garage any more.

Heathen! The best thing about having my own house is having a garage to park in. My car is never boiling hot when I want to go somewhere, and I never have to scrape ice off the windows or let it warm up to defrost. When I want to do an oil change, I open the garage door and set up a fan and cool the garage to a nice comfortable temperature.

Having a garage is awesome!

Also, being garage parked at home, and covered parking at work really seems to keep the finish and interior of the car in much better shape over time.

• Locked thread