Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That'll a pro click, the fake thong is a funny mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

So I ordered this LCD paperless memo pad as a gift because Techmoan's video on it made it look neat but I'd rather pay $15 for a white label product instead of a $50 name-brand Boogie Board and apparently they have a shipping center in the US or something because the free shipping was with UPS Express Saver and I got it in four days. If AliExpress keeps growing in popularity I hope more companies follow their lead because man that was a pleasant surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=few9P5ojV60

There's more than a couple of Aliexpress sellers that can ship from the US. Irulu tablets and Speedu brand USB cables are two which I've ordered from. I've seen a few sellers with options to ship from various places in Europe as well.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Can you export the notes or something? What makes it better than a paper pad?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

Can you export the notes or something? What makes it better than a paper pad?

If you have a small child that loves to scribble then you don't have to clean up when they're done or trust them with mommy's actual tablet/phone. Also it's cute.

Though apparently there are more expensive ones that actually export to PDF via Bluetooth.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
We just had those boards with the sheet of plastic you'd lift up to reset it when I was a kid.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

angerbeet posted:

We just had those boards with the sheet of plastic you'd lift up to reset it when I was a kid.

Like savages.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Presidentially endorsed tat to stick to your car:

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 21, 2017

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Kerbtree posted:

Presidentially endorsed tat to stick to your car:

Not my president

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
President Waifu

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
My brother managed to get a fluke multimeter shipped out of germany via dhl for less than 100euros. Its a genuine fluke made for chinese and indian markets so the warranty wont work anywhere else in the world.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I like how this thread is an even split between "hey look at this stupid stuff I bought for cheap" and "hey, look at this whosiwhatsit super fantastic electrical engineering device I got for cheap" and both have about the same reaction of oohs and aahhs amount.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Choco1980 posted:

I like how this thread is an even split between "hey look at this stupid stuff I bought for cheap" and "hey, look at this whosiwhatsit super fantastic electrical engineering device I got for cheap" and both have about the same reaction of oohs and aahhs amount.

It's absolutely amazing what people will spend money on

e: I say as if I don't own a gaggle of plastic action figures that I love very much

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Bought a $12 magnetic Apple Watch wristband for a friend and it somehow arrived in two weeks. Usually takes about a month.

I also bought a flashlight at the same time and I think it's on a different boat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean right now. :smith:

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mčre
College Slice

Neat

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

RocketSurgeon posted:

My brother managed to get a fluke multimeter shipped out of germany via dhl for less than 100euros. Its a genuine fluke made for chinese and indian markets so the warranty wont work anywhere else in the world.

They sell those on ebay, even shipped to Germany, for less than AliExpress, usually.

I have one. It's a Good Meter. The 87+ ot 85+ or whatever.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

keevo posted:

Bought a $12 magnetic Apple Watch wristband for a friend and it somehow arrived in two weeks. Usually takes about a month.

I also bought a flashlight at the same time and I think it's on a different boat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean right now. :smith:

Lots of electronics go ePacket, which is fast.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

They sell those on ebay, even shipped to Germany, for less than AliExpress, usually.

I have one. It's a Good Meter. The 87+ ot 85+ or whatever.
17B? At least that's what available from China on ebay.

I just got myself an Aneng AN8008 for now for like 15$, arrived in a record 10 days from banggood since I paid an extra dollar for shipping :v:

It's nowhere near as professional and skookum as the Fluke, which is the real deal of course, but on the other hand it's 9999 counts and has all the same features and probably even the accuracy. And it's 15 bucks. To get a Fluke with the additional features that I'd really want (at least auto hold and min/max) it would be way more than 70-100$. But on the third hand, it might blow up in my face if I try to measure mains voltage.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

$1.66 doorstop leaf

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Beauty and the Beast necklace, $1.22.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mčre
College Slice

Pick posted:

$1.66 doorstop leaf

That's pretty neat

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

myDad posted:

That's pretty neat

Not the right color, immersion ruined

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012
I ordered the new "Rainbow color fidget spinner Ghost god "

The rainbow one, obviously.

Guy Mann posted:

So I ordered this LCD paperless memo pad as a gift because Techmoan's video on it made it look neat but I'd rather pay $15 for a white label product instead of a $50 name-brand Boogie Board and apparently they have a shipping center in the US or something because the free shipping was with UPS Express Saver and I got it in four days. If AliExpress keeps growing in popularity I hope more companies follow their lead because man that was a pleasant surprise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=few9P5ojV60

I was going to get one of these, but I just went to costco today and they are selling them there for about the same price right now ($21 CAD).

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I was looking for a new ruler, when I found this thing

What do you use it for? Title is "Free Shipping 1pcs 30 * 15 Cm Patchwork Ruler Black High-grade Acrylic Material Transparent Ruler Scale". Maybe for artists if they need the coordinates? I don't know.

These are also cool

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/drawing-template-architecture-templates-for-furniture-template-drawing/32312341294.html?s=p

mike12345 fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Aug 23, 2017

HazCat
May 4, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

mike12345 posted:

I was looking for a new ruler, when I found this thing

What do you use it for? Title is "Free Shipping 1pcs 30 * 15 Cm Patchwork Ruler Black High-grade Acrylic Material Transparent Ruler Scale". Maybe for artists if they need the coordinates? I don't know.

Patchwork quilting is like 95% excruciatingly exact geometry (plus 4% sewing and 1% colour theory).

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
My glue dots and magic erasers came :toot:

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturę et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Took three weeks, but my orders are arriving. First set of packages: 2m USB Endoscope / Small electrical test clips / Hollow stainless steel needles for desoldering. (Also a set of SMD diodes)

Quality for all of these is.. meh:
  • Endoscope has a slighty blurry picture from all the upsampling it does, and the included USB-C adaptor doesn't work.
  • Hollow needles have the cheapest plastic handles available, and the needles sit a bit crooked.
  • Test clips are also made from cheap plastic, and feel like they might break if used with any kind of force.
But all of that was to be expected :v:

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 23, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I've been reading the thread and I see what most likely is the same stuff for $20-30 on amazon. I assume the same item is super cheap on this website.

But I am super paranoid about getting my identity and/or card information stolen, and I read about those people that had to send bank statements, drivers licenses, and other super personal stuff that should NOT be shared with anyone.

Is this even worth it?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I use a cc and have never had to send anything to them, and alipay is the largest mobile payment processor in the world. It's fine

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blue Train posted:

I use a cc and have never had to send anything to them, and alipay is the largest mobile payment processor in the world. It's fine

It may not be fine but it's as fine as anything else if not finer.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I ordered a few "lead and nickel free" jewelry supplies out of curiosity. University back in session means a bunch of first-years who need to learn how the lab machines work and may be willing to do XRF testing on stuff for me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Blue Train posted:

Yeah, the shady weird warehouses never get your info. It all goes throughout this Alipay

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Thin Privilege posted:

I've been reading the thread and I see what most likely is the same stuff for $20-30 on amazon. I assume the same item is super cheap on this website.

But I am super paranoid about getting my identity and/or card information stolen, and I read about those people that had to send bank statements, drivers licenses, and other super personal stuff that should NOT be shared with anyone.

Is this even worth it?

The sellers who request those documents are doing it outside of AliExpress's payment system, and are probably running a scam. Usual procedure on the site is basically the same as Amazon, except that you have to click button when your item arrives so that the seller can get paid. I've bought dozens of items off AliExpress and never once had an issue, other than items showing up after I'd already given up hope.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Also if a seller demands that you send them your driver's license or whatever, just cancel the order and make a new one with one of the five hundred other sellers who have the same product.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

mobby_6kl posted:

17B? At least that's what available from China on ebay.

I just got myself an Aneng AN8008 for now for like 15$, arrived in a record 10 days from banggood since I paid an extra dollar for shipping :v:

It's nowhere near as professional and skookum as the Fluke, which is the real deal of course, but on the other hand it's 9999 counts and has all the same features and probably even the accuracy. And it's 15 bucks. To get a Fluke with the additional features that I'd really want (at least auto hold and min/max) it would be way more than 70-100$. But on the third hand, it might blow up in my face if I try to measure mains voltage.

I would like to know more about this: mostly because all the youtube reviews are by terrible people.

I would like it to have max feature (for testing a car battery) and the ability to cope with 240v mains power (assuming I am intelligent enough to not accidentally select 'current' when doing a voltage test.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Due to the upcoming "brand sale", a warning that now is a really BAD time to buy on AliExpress, since a lot of sellers jacked up their prices to make their "sale prices" look better.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Thin Privilege posted:

If you get to the checkout with something in your cart in Amazon and it says the shipping is a month+ you're probably dealing with a dropshipper who is getting his stock off aliexpress, lol.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

Chairman Meow?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
My phone case came

it fits my phone and didn't melt my skin

5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
Shovel shaped spoons :)

Cat shaped coffee spoons:catstare:

Desktop drum kit Which turned out to be significantly larger in real life than I expected, even despite looking at the measurements.