Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Lurdiak posted:

Jesus, that label.

Edit... uh, have some Russian WWII panoramic paintings, I guess?

They don't have quite the same effect when on-screen, obviously.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
what is that comic and why does everyone in it look like such a loving gimp

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

its HBO Girls: The Comic by a scandanavian

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

FatPeopleTryingToMakeExerciseLookBad.jpg

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

is the joke that he already has cancer

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

LanceHunter posted:

Exercise is terrible though

Like, it's good for you and has a whole bunch of benefits but it hurts and its exhausting

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

cheetah7071 posted:

Exercise is terrible though

Like, it's good for you and has a whole bunch of benefits but it hurts and its exhausting

This sort of poo poo is why I hit "morbidly obese" while thinking of myself as a countercultural Bohemian the entire time. No. Exercise is hard work, sure, but it makes literally every other part of your life better.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Somfin posted:

This sort of poo poo is why I hit "morbidly obese" while thinking of myself as a countercultural Bohemian the entire time. No. Exercise is hard work, sure, but it makes literally every other part of your life better.

Yeah I agree and I was only disagreeing with the implicit claim that exercise is a fun walk in the park

It's a lovely tax you pay to improve the rest of your life

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

LanceHunter posted:

When you do it to the point your body falls apart? Yeah, it is. There's a reason rest is built into schedules for everyone who doesn't have a team of doctors monitoring them 24/7.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I dislike exercise because I feel it's such a non productive use of my time. Last night I moved, chainsawed and split (with an axe) a few cartloads of firewood for the winter, then I mowed the lawn, picked some of the wild raspberries growing in the woods for a dessert pie. That's the kind of exercise I like, get something out of it at the end rather than paying to go a gym and shut yourself indoors some more, which I do 8+ hours a day 5 days a week in front of a screen anyway.

Now this is the scandinavian life.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

DaveWoo posted:

Pretty much, yeah

It's especially evident in this Garrison comic:

I think the inclusion of literal Trump family members is telling.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Keiya posted:

When you do it to the point your body falls apart? Yeah, it is. There's a reason rest is built into schedules for everyone who doesn't have a team of doctors monitoring them 24/7.

Yea, exercising to the point where your body falls apart is bad. But focusing on the very small number of people who do that is kind of like fat people who talk about how BMI isn't useful because "bodybuilders can be obese despite having a ton of muscle!" It's something that's technically true, but only applies to a minuscule amount of people at the margins.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
If Tinsley's new doggo mellows him out this much, then that's good for everyone.
Oh good, our conservative black Mexican lady protagonist is now extolling the pleasure of laziness to our liberal whiteboy coyote side character. This has no bad implications at all.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

"Hey mang, you got your own way to hate yourself and I got mine"

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

"God I suck, lol" - Scott 'Scotty' Stantis, an actual quote

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_f5fkrCTA&t=14s

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I like how he probably thinks choosing not to have the dog animal thing answer "About what?" is a clever absurdist commentary or whatever when actually it's just a big flashing sign pointing to how chickenshit Stantis is to make an actual statement on anything remotely specific

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LanceHunter posted:

Yea, exercising to the point where your body falls apart is bad. But focusing on the very small number of people who do that is kind of like fat people who talk about how BMI isn't useful because "bodybuilders can be obese despite having a ton of muscle!" It's something that's technically true, but only applies to a minuscule amount of people at the margins.

No, BMI is loving useless in general. It's a deliberately oversimplified model that exists only so fatties can be pointed at a scale of how big they are.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

No, BMI is loving useless in general. It's a deliberately oversimplified model that exists only so fatties can be pointed at a scale of how big they are.

We should make a rule like the fedora rule about people yelling about the BMI scale

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jedit posted:

Yes, gently caress the BMI chart.
The coast guard uses BMI for people trying to get merchant mariner licenses, and if you've ever even looked at a donut in your life, it flags you as morbidly obese, which means you have to jump through a hundred extra loving hoops for anything.

I get that I'm overweight, but goddamn, the way they talk, I should be collecting disability for being too fat to function in society.
It doesn't help that they don't even use it right. It's supposed to be for census data, you get skewed off results when you use it on individual people.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
BMI falling apart isn't limited to bodybuilders...

eg. this guy has a BMI of 29.3 (overweight) is 3kg off being obese.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
So that's three of you who need to post your height and weight and waistline, then.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Trapezium Dave posted:

First Dog on the Moon:

I have the feelings First Dog on the Moon is depressed at the latest twists and turns of Australian politics.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Uhh... how long is the lead in on DB? Because if anyone was gonna abandon Trump for siding with nazis, I thought it would be Kirschen :psyduck:

"Uhh, I'm actually just as smart as you are, duck. You racist rear end. You moron. You fool."

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They literally killed a person. Nobody died in Boston, you loving Nazi.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Murderion posted:

Uhh... how long is the lead in on DB? Because if anyone was gonna abandon Trump for siding with nazis, I thought it would be Kirschen :psyduck:

"They're Nazis but we're fine with that" is not what you would call a particularly 'unheard' of sentiment among the Israeli political elite.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yup they were perfectly willing to ignore Bannon and his ilk for all this time.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Pants Donkey posted:

I thought Lester would make it a more even race, but gat DANG does Branco love defending Nazis.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That Branco is such the opposite of reality that he might as well just draw a swastika and post it.

I won't wish death on him but I sure wish he'd get his hands broken.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Yup they were perfectly willing to ignore Bannon and his ilk for all this time.
Bibi's son (who is a fairly notorious piece of poo poo in his own right) literally came out with "I don't care about Nazis, they don't oppose Israeli policies, unlike the left, which is the real enemy".

Ok, I tried to break down the sentence below so that it's not impossible to diagram, because the initial stream of consciousness was a bit hard to decipher:

I've got people on my friendslist posting stuff along the lines of "wait, are we actually going to ignore literal Nazis and the people enabling them?"

And I've got people mocking them with "b-but Nazis! With torches!" while posting :iceburn: :masterstroke: links stating that BDS continues to exist.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Beige Torpor is the best one yet.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

drat.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pants Donkey posted:

plucky lil violent neo-nazi white supremacists who actually kill people

guys i think im going to kill branco

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Pants Donkey posted:

Considering Branco's previous toons it's not super surprising his take would be "Nazis are bad, but there was only like a couple of them. Also they weren't with me. And all they did was stand around for a while. (And I totally agreed with them that the statues are Cool 'n Good.)

:byodood: MEANWHILE THERE ARE SUPER SCARY HOODED ANTIFA THUGS OVER THERE! ATTACKING PEOPLE! DESTROYING PROPERTY! CAUSING HAVOC! UP ENDING ORDER! BUT NOBODY WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT THEM!!!"

I'm not a Nazi but I save 90% of my anger for those who oppose Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So that's three of you who need to post your height and weight and waistline, then.

6'2", 207lbs, and I take a 34" waist trouser.

BMI says I'm overweight and need to lose a stone to be average.

• Locked thread