Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kale
May 14, 2010

So my take on the whole attempt at the "the left are the real facists thing" is that nothing has really changed at all in the tactics. The MAGA Alt-Right Pepe's are just doing what they've been doing since day one which is to be opportunistic about trying to transfer blame, co-opt and transplant the ideology and narratives that they seem to need to maintain for this to be quite honest bullshit culture war that they manufactured in order to give their lives some semblance of meaning even if it's really cynical nihilistic bent.

It's the same old tactic of bullshit and trolling here in all of the twitter posts that I've seen linked. You get the double whammy of feeling you've upheld your version of reality and you get to goad and troll the who is expected to respond with "hey wait a minute your full of poo poo". I mean people should remain vigilant in these times but you can't give credence to every new shitpost they come out with to keep doing what they'll always be doing until they're either dead or in jail and physically can't.

The long and short of it is they'd rather try to bring what they see as the other side down to their level than actually accomplish anything they claim to want to in the long run. The only reason it's gone anywhere at all in the public consciousness is because of the Orange Man and the unforeseen Rust Belt flip that gave him the presidency.

enraged_camel posted:

nothing matters

The gooniest response really.

e: Realizing that I actually seriously typed out "Alt-Left" in a post instead of just "Left" or even "the other side" and it stayed there for a good 5 minutes before I noticed makes me think I've been following all this poo poo a little too closely lately. :stare:

Kale fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My dad tacitly agrees with the Tina Fey bullshit despite hating Trump. Now I see why people are mad. My dad literally said "If the counter protest hadn't happened no one would have died, they're repugnant but ignore them and they lose power."

FUUUUCK.

Welcome to Hate Crew.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

WrenP-Complete posted:

Huh, feels weird to first say that you didn't refer to her as a man and then say it's acceptable when I find the quote.

Thanks for clarifying your usage in any case. I'm not sure I agree but now at least I understand what you were saying.

Well, I didn't feel like I was referring to her as a man because even if I use the word I meant it in the gender neutral sense. But someone is telling me that's actually incorrect so I just hosed up. So, don't use English the way I did there because I screwed that up: you can only do it that way if you're referring to the entire species. Or at least it's being implied that being used in this fashion is considered old-fashioned and no longer the norm.

Wang_Tang posted:

That's the best part though. Every time you see someone like Dinesh D'Souza call out the so-called sordid past of the Democrats, they're ignoring the very real ideological infatuation that modern-day Republicans have with the Confederacy. For example, if you see a truck with the stars and bars emblazoned on it you can bet that they think the Civil War was about state's rights, minorities/women are lazy/entitled, and vote straight-ticket Republican. Yet every one of these marches supporting "free speech" has plenty of those same flags.

I'm all for recognizing that history is complicated and can be difficult to accept at times. But it's another thing altogether to be so willfully ignorant. What exactly is the issue with people like D'Souza?

The funniest part of all of this is if Trump had just come out from the beginning and denounced right-wing extremism following the events in Charlottesville, he could have taken just about all the wind out of everyone's sails.

The fact that he didn't and still uses the "both sides are bad" excuse more or less demonstrates that he tacitly supports the extremists' agenda.

They don't actually care about the Democrats being the conservative party in the past, what they care about is diverting blame and ridicule. This is just an attempt to try to win back the public and give they're willing slaves away to avoid having to admit they're the Baddies. They just need to find a way to make it sound like the other side is bad. It's complete doublethink and is being done in bad faith.

And, yeah, Trump supports right-wing extremism. It's what got him elected.

Kale posted:

So my take on the whole attempt at the "the left are the real facists thing" is that nothing has really changed at all in the tactics. The MAGA Alt-Right Pepe's are just doing what they've been doing since day one which is to be opportunistic about trying to transfer blame, co-opt and transplant the ideology and narratives that they seem to need to maintain for this to be quite honest bullshit culture war that they manufactured in order to give their lives some semblance of meaning even if it's really cynical nihilistic bent.

It's the same old tactic of bullshit and trolling here in all of the twitter posts that I've seen linked. You get the double whammy of feeling you've upheld your version of reality and you get to goad and troll the who is expected to respond with "hey wait a minute your full of poo poo". I mean people should remain vigilant in these times but you can't give credence to every new shitpost they come out with to keep doing what they'll always be doing until they're either dead or in jail and physically can't.

The long and short of it is they'd rather try to bring what they see as the other side down to their level than actually accomplish anything they claim to want to in the long run. The only reason it's gone anywhere at all in the public consciousness is because of the Orange Man and the unforeseen Rust Belt flip that gave him the presidency.

The gooniest response really.

e: Realizing that I actually seriously typed out "Alt-Left" in a post instead of just "Left" or even "the other side" and it stayed there for a good 5 minutes before I noticed makes me think I've been following all this poo poo a little too closely lately. :stare:

That's pretty much it really. If Trump wasn't president, this would just be them screaming into the void again.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

My dad tacitly agrees with the Tina Fey bullshit despite hating Trump. Now I see why people are mad. My dad literally said "If the counter protest hadn't happened no one would have died, they're repugnant but ignore them and they lose power."

FUUUUCK.

Explain to your father that if you don't counter-protest then you give them the sense that they are powerful. But more importantly it allows them to more effectively terrorize minority groups by making them seem as if they are unopposed. If he doesn't believe that, imagine if the health-care bill that was going to hurt the middle class was never protested openly and then think how he would both feel and would most likely would have happened.

It doesn't take away power, it gives power.

Mantis42 posted:

Hey, at least if they're switching to "the Confederacy was actually the Democrats!" line, then at least that means they're acknowledging it as a bad thing. That's actually progress for them, a few thousand more baby steps like that they might even evolve into human beings.

No, they still like the Confederacy. They just know that it's not in right now and think this will make them look good. They have not changed one iota, they're still should human beings who should be co-signed to the trash bin of History.

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

THEN WHY THE gently caress DO YOU WANT TO KEEP THE STATUES UP IF THEY'RE DEMOCRATS?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what kind of pizza do you think trump eats? I feel like he gets something weird like artichoke andmayo

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
lmao that's like the basest level of tribalist politics

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

JailTrump posted:

THEN WHY THE gently caress DO YOU WANT TO KEEP THE STATUES UP IF THEY'RE DEMOCRATS?

Dude don't try logic here you'll just get angry.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

JailTrump posted:

:umberto:

JailTrump
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
LIKE I SAID BEFORE.

Why the gently caress aren't there any statues memorizing union generals?

There are literally a handful.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Turtlicious posted:

what kind of pizza do you think trump eats? I feel like he gets something weird like artichoke andmayo

Cheese and pepperoni. Without tomato sauce.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

JailTrump posted:

You just want to erase evidence of the Democrats' crimes!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The righties, both "alt" and conventional Fox News variety, aren't being ignorant, just dishonest.

They can't possibly justify Nazi Pepes so they are aggressively slinging a veritable tornado of bullshit, complete with outright false photoshops and contradictory talking points. It's really a bit breathtaking how aggressive they are with this stuff. I wonder if they really stepped up their game from the normal Fox/Rush stuff once the Russians got involved.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

probably some poo poo like this

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Office Pig posted:

A pepperoni would go through his 70 year old digestive system like thermite.

Cheese and maybe some ketchup diluted in cream so it's not too strong.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Tochiazuma posted:

probably some poo poo like this

No loving way was that made for human consumption.

Dejawesp posted:

A pepperoni would go through his 70 year old digestive system like thermite.

You say this but he eats burnt steak with ketchup along with KFC and McDonalds. He is chugging down salt on the regular.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Office Pig posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5AZhjhbxf8

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

JailTrump posted:

Usually they would just yell "commie" and "fag" and never bring it up again, but I've seen some people float the idea that Dems are trying to "whitewash their racist past" and so we have to keep the confederate monuments up so that they don't forget how evil their party is.

:ironicat:

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Office Pig posted:

No loving way was that made for human consumption.

http://www.sugardale.com/recipes/hot_dog_pizza

I was just googling 'hot dog pizza' and got that, the internet is a scary place I think I'm going to bed now

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/899408240693399554

loving McMaster.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

if you looked and sounded like this man why would you ever allow yourself to be filmed

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Is that like the prevent defense where glorious comebacks build from?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

A war to prevent....what exactly? War?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mechafunkzilla posted:

The 'nuclear threat'. Yes, that nuclear threat.

Edit: NK didn't even conduct its tests in Guam territorial waters. Going right and starting a war with that country would be a great way to trigger something even bigger.

ded redd fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Aug 21, 2017

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Office Pig posted:

how is war with North Korea supposed to prevent Iran from getting nukes

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Mechafunkzilla posted:

From the horse's mouth:

quote:

“Are we preparing plans for a preventive war?” General McMaster asked recently in a television interview, defining the term as “a war that would prevent North Korea from threatening the United States with a nuclear weapon.”

He answered his own question: “The president’s been very clear about it. He said he’s not going to tolerate North Korea being able to threaten the United States.”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Office Pig posted:

Edit: NK didn't even conduct its tests in Guam territorial waters. Going right and starting a war with that country would be a great way to trigger something even bigger.

NK backed down and demonstrated their weakness. A perfect target!

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Okay well let's get it over with I guess.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
All y'all who didn't vote to protest Hillary how you feel now

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

namaste faggots posted:

I voted Hillary but she really sucked. Huge war hawk. History of racism towards black people. Didn't even support gay marriage until a few years ago. And on and on. I understand why people didn't want to vote for her.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

namaste faggots posted:

at least if we all die in nuclear fire it wont be liberal nuclear fire

Chomskyan posted:

I voted Hillary but she really sucked. Huge war hawk. History of racism towards black people. Didn't even support gay marriage until a few years ago. And on and on. I understand why people didn't want to vote for her.

yeah it would be a real shame if we elected a president who started wars and who was a dick to lgbt and nonwhite americans

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

boner confessor posted:

yeah it would be a real shame if we elected a president who started wars and who was a dick to lgbt and nonwhite americans

What are you even arguing? He said he voted for Hillary. And all of those things are true. gently caress her, she lost and we don't need to bring her up as the only alternative to Trump's insanity.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Take it to the bad thread, assholes.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Turtlicious posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Gort posted:

Take it to the bad thread, assholes.

all threads are bad, comrade

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Mantis42 posted:

What are you even arguing? He said he voted for Hillary. And all of those things are true. gently caress her, she lost and we don't need to bring her up as the only alternative to Trump's insanity.

what's it like posting from the alternate reality where someone other than hillary clinton was running against donald trump in the 2016 general election for president of the united states of america

i get it, you didn't want to vote for a woman etc. but trump is worse on every metric

Kthulhu5000
Jul 25, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Turtlicious posted:

Probably one of those Totino's "party pizzas" (now sold in a plastic bag!), heated up in a microwave. It just seems like the most conventional and yet suitably tacky option he would go with.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Wirth1000 posted:

10 sailors missing, 5 injured....

"That's too bad." -Their CiC

Well of course. If that ship was named the USS Donald Trump he'd be demanding inquiries, people being fired, whipping up mobs to kill the captain and the helmsman, this would be such an epic event he'd order an all out war on Lybia and purposely send the 7th fleet after that tanker to sink it, oil spill or not

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dmitri-9 posted:

This is the second one this year right? Did he name a Secretary of the Navy yet?

Like the 4th

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Is there a systemic reason we're seeing so many naval collisions? Or is this just coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ratoslov posted:

Is there a systemic reason we're seeing so many naval collisions? Or is this just coincidence?

Captains are treating sightings of other ships in the area as fake news.

• Locked thread